Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Scalp Parasites.

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  Crusher on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:47 pm

misterE wrote:
Decro435 wrote:So you don't fully blame Malassezia furfur for your inflammation?.

I see it's treated with Ketoconazole in dogs and in humans with Pityriasis versicolor. Selenium Sulfide is also used, the active ingredient in Selsun Blue, which has been used for hair loss. Malassezia furfur is said to be the least susceptible malassezia to ketoconazole.

Could the right anti-fungal regimen eliminate my inflammation?.


I blame my diet for causing a hormonal-imbalance, which caused excess inflammation and sebum. The malassezia-furfur is just a symptom of excess sebum, but one of the main reasons for baldness. I believe ketoconazole is very effective against malassezia-furfur, but only on occasion (once a week). The reason why I said "only on occasion" is because (like most other organisms) the fungus (I believe) builds up immunity to the ketoconazole if exposed to it a lot. Nizoral (for me) becomes less and less effective if used too much (I use the Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint soap the other times I don't use nizoral), which is consistent in its effectiveness. The Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint changes the PH of your scalp to alkaline, which inhibits the growth of fungus, plus the oils are anti-androgenic and emulsify sebum-deposits.

If I were you Decro, I would focus on what is causing inflammation/excess sebum internally, for me it was dairy-products, processed-foods, animal-protein, vegetable-oils and other high-fat foods combined with a lack of exercise. Then, I would focus on topical. But I strongly believe the root of the problem is 50% internally, 50% external.

misterE,

I agree at this point. Malassezia is a symptom of excess sebum (bacterial imbalance). Sebum
is food for all the parasites and critters on our scalps. Scalp invaders build up
immunity against ket, selen-shampoos,
salicylic-acid, etc. It's really a vicious cycle and what is more worse is the fact that after dropping
all those little helper malassezia is coming/beating back much harder.
Way out is to establish bacterial balance on our scalps.

I believe the root of the problem is rather internally than external.

Crusher

Posts: 256
Join date: 2009-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  jeruslan on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:24 pm

misterE wrote:
Decro435 wrote:So you don't fully blame Malassezia furfur for your inflammation?.

I see it's treated with Ketoconazole in dogs and in humans with Pityriasis versicolor. Selenium Sulfide is also used, the active ingredient in Selsun Blue, which has been used for hair loss. Malassezia furfur is said to be the least susceptible malassezia to ketoconazole.

Could the right anti-fungal regimen eliminate my inflammation?.


I blame my diet for causing a hormonal-imbalance, which caused excess inflammation and sebum. The malassezia-furfur is just a symptom of excess sebum, but one of the main reasons for baldness. I believe ketoconazole is very effective against malassezia-furfur, but only on occasion (once a week). The reason why I said "only on occasion" is because (like most other organisms) the fungus (I believe) builds up immunity to the ketoconazole if exposed to it a lot. Nizoral (for me) becomes less and less effective if used too much (I use the Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint soap the other times I don't use nizoral), which is consistent in its effectiveness. The Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint changes the PH of your scalp to alkaline, which inhibits the growth of fungus, plus the oils are anti-androgenic and emulsify sebum-deposits.

If I were you Decro, I would focus on what is causing inflammation/excess sebum internally, for me it was dairy-products, processed-foods, animal-protein, vegetable-oils and other high-fat foods combined with a lack of exercise. Then, I would focus on topical. But I strongly believe the root of the problem is 50% internally, 50% external.

Good day, misterE...

As You can see, this si my first contribution on this truly amazing forum. Why I said "truly amazing"? Becouse I found people that suffers the same issue as I do! I have SD (seborrheic dermatitis) at least for a eight years. My problem is, that my hair became thicker, atlhough they were once strong. Lucky me, that I'm not losing them. But now I came to decision to fight against the plague on my head. I have not read through the whole forum, I just join the club yesterday...
To be honest, I like Your approach to this problem: cut out the diary products and fasting. But please, let me ask you few questions.

You have mentioned, that the regular workout should help the thing. On the other hand, You point out the terrible damage caused by useing of whey protein.
1. So, when trying to get rid of the DS, is there a possibility to gain some muscles too?
To this day, most of my protien intake comes from whey protein as well from raw milk produkt, that is only available in our country (Slovakia). I am willing to change this, so I was thinking about the replacement.
2. What do You say about combination of Pea protein and Brown rice protien?
3. Do you think I can use Whole egg powder too?
4. And what about the gluten? Is your diet gluten-free as well?
5. And do You think that my hair may become wider, to condition as they once was?

Please experss Your opinon on this issue.

This is contribution to all:

The shampoo thing is in the play... I have used Nisoral at the beginning of my journy to cure my self and it didn't work. The first thing that really hepls me was Neutrogena T Gel. The inflammation was gone, but not seborrheic dermatitis. So I'm useing whatever should help. To stabilize the condition of my scalp skin, I'm useing:
A. La Roche Posay: Kerium DS
http://www.cocooncenter.co.uk/La-Roche-Posay-Kerium-DS-Treatment-Shampoo-Intensive-Anti-dandruff-125ml!4291520.html
or
B. Vichy: Dercos Sebum-correcting Shampoo
http://www.echemist.co.uk/p-vichy-dercos-dermo-soothing-shampoo-oily-hair
I know, this does not remove the problem, but it, at least, keep it in a safe distance.

That's all for now...
Thank you...




jeruslan

Posts: 150
Join date: 2010-09-21
Location: Slovakia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  misterE on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:48 am

jeruslan wrote:
You have mentioned, that the regular workout should help the thing. On the other hand, You point out the terrible damage caused by useing of whey protein.
1. So, when trying to get rid of the DS, is there a possibility to gain some muscles too?
To this day, most of my protien intake comes from whey protein as well from raw milk produkt, that is only available in our country (Slovakia). I am willing to change this, so I was thinking about the replacement.
2. What do You say about combination of Pea protein and Brown rice protien?
3. Do you think I can use Whole egg powder too?
4. And what about the gluten? Is your diet gluten-free as well?
5. And do You think that my hair may become wider, to condition as they once was?

Please experss Your opinon on this issue.





First I would like to say that the only way to build muscle is with exercise. Secondly there is good-protein and bad-protein. Animal-protein whether it be from chicken, fish, or beef is shown to increase free-insulin-like-growth-factor-1 (IGF-1) and lower sex-hormone-binding-globulin (SHBG). SHBG binds to testosterone and prevents it from converting into DHT or estrogen, so anything that lowers SHBG will lower the amount of testosterone in your body while at the same time increasing estrogen/DHT. Nothing lowers SHBG more than milk because the protein in milk is extremely complex and a massive stimulator of free-IGF-1, this should come as no surprise considering the purpose of milk is to grow a small-calf into a huge-bull!

1. Yes, I personally do, one day of aerobic-exercise (running) then one day of weight-lifting, followed by a day or two of resting.


2. Brown-rice and pea's are a great muscle building food, plenty of fiber, complex-carbs, friendly-plant-protein, low-fat, no-cholesterol, vitamins, minerals.

3. The problem with egg-protein or any animal-protein, is that it is too concentrated, the will tax the kidneys, leech calcium from the bones, and lower SHBG.

4. The diet I follow is the McDougall-diet combined with intermediate-fasting (7-pm to 7-pm), the diet does allows gluten if you do not have allergies to it, best to keep it high-fiber wheat as well.

5. Yes, but it is going to take very strong adherence to the regimen and a lot of patience.

misterE

Posts: 753
Join date: 2010-05-15
Location: USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  valderama on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:05 am

i agree with mr e that we need to address diet to reduce sebum, i ve managed to reduce my sebum significantly in all likelihood because i avoid sugar, gluten and dairy now. there is always the chance its because of some other factor though theres no control group when you experiment on yourself. maybe he s right about the bacteria gaining immunity too it kind of makes sense. It might be a good idea to circulate use of azoles or other choices of anti bacterial topicals. But i think he s right you ve got to take care of yourself internally first otherwise your just closing the stable door after the horses have bolted in my humble and possibly wrong opinion. Needless to say i dont necessarily agree that a vegan diet is right for everyone though.

valderama

Posts: 91
Join date: 2009-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  LA-Night on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:10 am

valderama wrote:i agree with mr e that we need to address diet to reduce sebum, i ve managed to reduce my sebum significantly in all likelihood because i avoid sugar, gluten and dairy now. there is always the chance its because of some other factor though theres no control group when you experiment on yourself. maybe he s right about the bacteria gaining immunity too it kind of makes sense. It might be a good idea to circulate use of azoles or other choices of anti bacterial topicals. But i think he s right you ve got to take care of yourself internally first otherwise your just closing the stable door after the horses have bolted in my humble and possibly wrong opinion. Needless to say i dont necessarily agree that a vegan diet is right for everyone though.

Yes -- avoidance of sugar, gluten and dairy is key. You can add HFCS & MSG to the list, too.

When I began avoiding sugar, casein & dairy, my estrogen-testosterone levels stabilized dramatically. I then underwent a heavy metal detox, combined w/iodine supplementation.

If you don't clean up your diet, then fixing your hair loss will be a grueling uphill battle, and all the money spent on supplements will go to utter waste, since a bad diet undermines supplementation.

LA-Night

Posts: 329
Join date: 2009-09-08
Location: CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  jeruslan on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Thank you All for Your opinons and suggestions. I highly appreciate that.
Although, some other questions come to my mind.
1. Avoding sugar...
That makes sense. But, do I need to avoid carbohydrates like fructose, glucose and maltodextrin or even honey?
If yes, what are you, guys, useing as a sweetener?
2. Protien...
The McDougall-diet consist mainly from carbohydrates (internet research). And we all know, that while worikng out, you should
increase protein intake. Does this modification deteriorate the diet?
3. And what about the Soy protein and whole estrogen issue?
Do any of you take soy protein? Don't get me wrong, I do not want to becom pro bodybuilder, just to have a bit of muscles here
and there... You know what I mean...

Thank you...

jeruslan

Posts: 150
Join date: 2010-09-21
Location: Slovakia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  LA-Night on Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:40 am

Hey jeruslan --

I know others will chime in but here's what I think:

1. Xyilitol or stevia (make sure the ingredients only say "stevia") and avoid refined carbohydrates.

2. Eat according to your metabolic type. As you know, not all diets are equal. If you decide to go on the McDougall Diet then you'll probably have to get an alternate source of protein, since consumption of animal products and any fats/oils is forbidden, even high-fat plant sources.

3. I personally don't take soy protein but I know several posters here who do. I'd rather avoid soy but I think allegations about its estrogenic, feminizing effects are way overblown.

LA-Night

Posts: 329
Join date: 2009-09-08
Location: CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  Decro435 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:15 am

Apparently, Dakartin Gold (Ketoconazole cream) is prescription here, but I got the normal one which is miconazole nitrate 2%. I was planning on using Ketoconazole cream one night, Miconazole the next and then a day off, but it looks like the Ketoconazole cream might be hard to get.

I'll start using the Miconazole nitrate tonight.

Decro435

Posts: 588
Join date: 2009-06-24
Age: 25
Location: Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  valderama on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:38 am

thats the one i ve been using decro. you should be aware of potential sides though dec some people have had headaches and tinnitus. i had a slight headache one day after i put on the cream and then followed up with mag chloride later. but i had had quite a heavy weekend so it could have been a coincidence. i m using nizoral every other day too.

valderama

Posts: 91
Join date: 2009-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  Decro435 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:44 am

Valderama,

Are you from the U.K?. Any chance you've tried to get your hands on Daktarin Gold?. I've a feeling that the woman who served me didn't know what she was talking about when I asked for it. I don't see why 2% Ketoconazole cream would need a prescription when the 2% Ketoconazole shampoo doesn't.

Actually has anyone here got their hands on Ketoconazole cream without a prescription?.

Decro435

Posts: 588
Join date: 2009-06-24
Age: 25
Location: Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  valderama on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:54 am

i ve used daktarin gold in the past, i got mine in sainsburys no problems.

valderama

Posts: 91
Join date: 2009-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  Decro435 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:20 am

I doubt it's any different over here in Ireland so. I'll try SuperDrug tomorrow. Thanks!

Decro435

Posts: 588
Join date: 2009-06-24
Age: 25
Location: Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  misterE on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:59 am

jeruslan wrote:Thank you All for Your opinons and suggestions. I highly appreciate that.
Although, some other questions come to my mind.
1. Avoding sugar...
That makes sense. But, do I need to avoid carbohydrates like fructose, glucose and maltodextrin or even honey?
If yes, what are you, guys, useing as a sweetener?
2. Protien...
The McDougall-diet consist mainly from carbohydrates (internet research). And we all know, that while worikng out, you should
increase protein intake. Does this modification deteriorate the diet?
3. And what about the Soy protein and whole estrogen issue?
Do any of you take soy protein? Don't get me wrong, I do not want to becom pro bodybuilder, just to have a bit of muscles here
and there... You know what I mean...

Thank you...



1. Natural-sugars found in fruits, raisins are fine. Fructose is one of the best fuels for the body, it can even be used as fuel without the help of insulin! Starch is another great fuel for the body, starches like potatoes, rice, corn, oats, turn to glucose in the blood, and then insulin shuttles the glucose into the cells for energy.

However I avoid unnatural-sugars like high-fructose-corn-syrup, table-sugar, molasses, honey, syrup, etc. Not that these sugars are fattening or get stored as body-fat, but rather they have a poor nutritional-density and offer dense-calories and sparse-nutrients (like olive-oil). The sugars also raise insulin, which prevents body-fat breakdown, saving it for the next famine.

2. Protein is overrated as a muscle-building agent; insulin however is a very very anabolic-hormone. If a person were to adopt the McDougall-diet with intensive-exercises, their muscles would be so sensitive to insulin, that the carbohydrates (which triggers insulin production) would be able to build and sustain the muscles by itself.

However, to answer your question I would suggest more beans, lentils, peas, quinoa, oats, barley and believe it or not, calorie for calorie, spinach has more protein than ground beef!

"Does this modification deteriorate the diet?" Not if you stick to real foods and don't add any animal-protein or protein-powders.

3. Soy is controversial; my argument is that soybeans are OK to eat in moderation (due to it's more than healthy amount of omega-3). However processed soy products like soy-cheese, soy-milk, tofu, and soy-protein-isolate should be completely avoided; these are processed-foods. The isoflavones in soybeans are considered phytoestrogens, which can help lower bad-estrogens, decreasing the effects of DHT.

misterE

Posts: 753
Join date: 2010-05-15
Location: USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  jeruslan on Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:19 am

misterE wrote:
1. Natural-sugars found in fruits, raisins are fine. Fructose is one of the best fuels for the body, it can even be used as fuel without the help of insulin! Starch is another great fuel for the body, starches like potatoes, rice, corn, oats, turn to glucose in the blood, and then insulin shuttles the glucose into the cells for energy.

However I avoid unnatural-sugars like high-fructose-corn-syrup, table-sugar, molasses, honey, syrup, etc. Not that these sugars are fattening or get stored as body-fat, but rather they have a poor nutritional-density and offer dense-calories and sparse-nutrients (like olive-oil). The sugars also raise insulin, which prevents body-fat breakdown, saving it for the next famine.

2. Protein is overrated as a muscle-building agent; insulin however is a very very anabolic-hormone. If a person were to adopt the McDougall-diet with intensive-exercises, their muscles would be so sensitive to insulin, that the carbohydrates (which triggers insulin production) would be able to build and sustain the muscles by itself.

However, to answer your question I would suggest more beans, lentils, peas, quinoa, oats, barley and believe it or not, calorie for calorie, spinach has more protein than ground beef!

"Does this modification deteriorate the diet?" Not if you stick to real foods and don't add any animal-protein or protein-powders.

3. Soy is controversial; my argument is that soybeans are OK to eat in moderation (due to it's more than healthy amount of omega-3). However processed soy products like soy-cheese, soy-milk, tofu, and soy-protein-isolate should be completely avoided; these are processed-foods. The isoflavones in soybeans are considered phytoestrogens, which can help lower bad-estrogens, decreasing the effects of DHT.

First of all, Thank You once again for your patience miterE...
Let me ask another questions, please...

1. I use raisins to sweeten my morning oat meal. (By the way, I've heard that the oats increase the level of mucus, what do You think about that?) But what about powder fructose? Is that all right?

2. Interesting... I've heard of pro-bodybuilers take insulin for obvious reasons. Didn't know that carbohydrates can also build muscles. I'm probably another info-war victim of bodybuiliding industry. Just to make me sure, are there some researches to prove it? (If You don't have time, forget about it...)
You suggest to skip protein powders. Did You also mean the proteins that we discussed (rice and pea)?

3. More than healty amount of omega-3? Do you mean, that there is some recomended daily intake of omega-3? Never heard of it...

4. I was mentioning about trying to eat strictly vegan to beat seborrheic dermatitis. But, the winter is getting close, so it would not be possible to eat so much raw food. Is it OK to be vegan mainly on grains? I don't know what else as a vegan I'm allowed to eat.. Smile Any suggestions?

jeruslan

Posts: 150
Join date: 2010-09-21
Location: Slovakia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp Parasites.

Post  Decro435 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:41 am

valderama wrote:thats the one i ve been using decro. you should be aware of potential sides though dec some people have had headaches and tinnitus. i had a slight headache one day after i put on the cream and then followed up with mag chloride later. but i had had quite a heavy weekend so it could have been a coincidence. i m using nizoral every other day too.

How do you apply the cream?. I'm having trouble spreading it out evenly.

I had those headaches today, quite intense, I've been leaving it on my head at night for the past three days now. Still having heart palpitations too, don't know if they are still from Iodine, even though I quit like 2 weeks ago or if they're from miconazole.

Decro435

Posts: 588
Join date: 2009-06-24
Age: 25
Location: Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum