Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Iodine and Probiotics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Iodine and Probiotics

Post  JosephineMarie on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Does iodine kill the good bacteria in our guts? I'm just wondering about timing between taking my iodine supp (Lugol's) and taking my probiotic or if I need to take more probiotics b/c I use iodine.

JosephineMarie

Posts: 350
Join date: 2010-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Iodine and Probiotics

Post  CausticSymmetry on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:29 pm

JosephineMarie - There was a period of time where this was believed to be the case. However, it is not so. However, you can still take them apart to be on the safe side.


_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpbregimen.htm

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts: 10624
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Iodine and Probiotics

Post  JosephineMarie on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:38 pm

Thanks CS. Smile

JosephineMarie

Posts: 350
Join date: 2010-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Iodine and Probiotics

Post  RobHealthMan on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:38 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:JosephineMarie - There was a period of time where this was believed to be the case. However, it is not so. However, you can still take them apart to be on the safe side.


cs, how far apart?

RobHealthMan

Posts: 451
Join date: 2009-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Iodine and Probiotics

Post  LittleFighter on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:43 am

RobHealthMan wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:JosephineMarie - There was a period of time where this was believed to be the case. However, it is not so. However, you can still take them apart to be on the safe side.


cs, how far apart?

I would say 30 mins to one hour... the more the better I guess.


LittleFighter

Posts: 1113
Join date: 2009-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Iodine and Probiotics

Post  RobHealthMan on Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:08 am

LittleFighter wrote:
RobHealthMan wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:JosephineMarie - There was a period of time where this was believed to be the case. However, it is not so. However, you can still take them apart to be on the safe side.


cs, how far apart?

I would say 30 mins to one hour... the more the better I guess.


ok great. thanks little fighter

RobHealthMan

Posts: 451
Join date: 2009-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Iodine and Probiotics

Post  LittleFighter on Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:34 am

If iodine was bad to your flora we'd be hearing about it often.

Very high doses, with bad dietary habits, for a long period of time and no probiotics/prebiotics... I bet that can be bad.

I don't consider 12.5 mg a high dose.


I remember one day feeling crappy (probablly due to SIBO (bad bacteria)). After taking one dose of 50 mg (out of desperation I lost the fear) I felt better that day.

LittleFighter

Posts: 1113
Join date: 2009-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Iodine and Probiotics

Post  LittleFighter on Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:42 am

Hey and don't forget your Iodine companion nutrients (Mag, Vit C, Selenium, etc).!


We should really make a Wiki for IH! Many questions are asked again and again, and sometimes valuable info is lost because it's hard to find it... I think it'd be an excellent addition.

LittleFighter

Posts: 1113
Join date: 2009-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum