Colostrum Questions? High IgF-1 levels good or bad?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Colostrum Questions? High IgF-1 levels good or bad?

Post  MikeGore on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Sorry if this question has been answered before. I know but with so many posts to read, it just seemed quicker to ask.

Has anyone had good results with Colostrum? I read that it increased IgF-1? Are high IgF-1 good or bad for hair loss?

Does Colostrum have any side effects like gynecomastia or increased hair loss and shedding?

I really like this website and the people posting on them. I think, people on this forum are more likely to make a breakthrough in the cure of hair loss, a cure that will make headlines, and then all those "big 3 lovers" who debunk diet, nutrition and supplements will get a huge "we told you so!".

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Questions? High IgF-1 levels good or bad?

Post  misterE on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:58 pm

MikeGore wrote: Are high IgF-1 good or bad for hair loss?

Free-IGF-1 = bad.
Protein-bound-IGF-1 = good.

misterE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore on Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:07 pm

So do you know if colostrum would increase protein-bound IGF-1 or Free-IGF-1?

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore on Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:46 pm

I do not understand this. Any answer would be appreciated. So if colostrum increase IgF-1, how could it be good for male pattern baldness? Is there any reason that we shouldn't take colostrum?

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 on Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:15 pm

I have taken colostrum on and off for the past year and haven't noticed any negative side effects.

I usually will throw some in a post-workout smoothie.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore on Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Would taking colostrum with maca be too much? They both seem to increase IgF-1 levels, so would that be risky?

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE on Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:50 pm

MikeGore wrote:I do not understand this. Any answer would be appreciated.

MikeGore, read these studies (in their entirety). This will answer your questions.

Milk consumption: aggravating factor of acne and promoter of chronic diseases of Western societies

Milk The promoter of chronic Western diseases

misterE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:18 pm

Thanks for the links.

I know milk is pretty bad for hair loss, but I am still confused about colostrum. I was really excited about colostrum, since people seem to have good results with it for hair loss. I read somewhere saying colostrum isn't really milk.

What I wasn't sure of is, does colostrum increase free IgF-1 or the Protein-bound-IGF-1?

But this link here says this http://www.biolifenz.com/Colostrum+Info/Frequently+asked+questions/Whats+Benefits+of+Colostrum.html

"When given colostrum, serum IGF-1 levels increase even though the ingested IGF-1 in colostrum is not absorbed and supplementation with colostrum does not produce positive results for IGF-1 in drug tests".

So how could it be good for hair loss. But then again maca increases IgF-1 levels as well, right? And if it helps the immune system, maybe it helps hair loss.

So in short should I take colostrum or not?

Thanks,

Mike

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:31 pm

I think that Immortal said he takes Colostrum and has no problem. I take it and get the mpb itch. I think it just depends on what else your taking which offsets the negative effects if your prone to them. Try it and see what happens 20 minutes to 1 hour after taking on an empty stomach. My thoughts and from what I've been told(probably IH) are that the more your suppressing MMP-9(with things like Ecklonia Cava or Green Tea) or DHT(you know those things), the less it should negatively affect you.

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook

DM5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Like DM5, Colostrum, at least for me appears to be a negative. It just took using it long enough. It is in general, much better than using another form of IGF-1 stimulation, because it contains the entire IGF-1 superfamily.

Colostrum could be potentially useful for those who have low IGF-1, because if low that can prevent hair growth.

It's really a matter of balance when it comes to IGF-1. It is essential for hair growth, but too much is not good.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation

CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:21 pm

CS,
Should a person get a blood test to measure IGF-1 levels then decide if they need to increase or decrease?

I found conflicting info on IGF-1 and the diseases related to hair loss like CVD, see this: http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/natural-hair-regrowth-f1/igf-1-milk-and-androgen-receptor-t4509-15.htm#42171

Thanks

teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore on Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:23 am

I know we should get a blood test done, but I don't really like needless.

As I understand it some people have itchy scalps or sebum related to hair loss. I don't really have an itchy scalp and I don't think I have sebum buildup either. My hair loss issues is mostly about the hairline.

It seems low IgF-1 levels are related to alopecia areata and high levels are related to mpb? Dunno, could be wrong.
Could it be that people low IgF-1 levels suffer from receding hairline whereas people with itchy scalp and vertex crown hair loss have high levels of IgF-1?

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moby on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:15 am

Sorry to bump this, but I'm thinking of buying some colostrum and I need to clarify some thing: Balding people do not have lower levels of IGF-1. That study with finasteride only looked at locally upregulated IGF-1 so low levels of IGF-1 in your scalp is bad but systematically it doesn't matter. As far as I know, there is no way to raise IGF-1 locally in follicles. Maybe colostrum could do that?

moby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Good bump, and good questions.
CS - weren't you saying you were going to re-try using colostrum? Because of it's Thymus regenerating properties?

I'd be interested in hearing people's colostrum stories as well.

JDawg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moby on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:04 pm

I'll be trying colostrum soon, supposed to arrive in 5-7 days. Will report back. If it could really upregulate IGF-1 expression in your follicles when taken orally then that would be great. I'm not sure if systemic IGF-1 levels have any importance nor do I have any idea about my initial IGF-1 levels. Plenty of testimonials on the Internet about HGH growing hair internally and since Colostrum is like super HGH, then it should help a bit.

moby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top