Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

fibrosis, internal and topical treatment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fibrosis, internal and topical treatment

Post  pancacke on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:35 am

I'm looking for general treatment and prevention not only for hairloss.
What I got so far:
Vitamin e, internal/topical
Iodide with DMSO, topical
LLLT, for fibrosis on scalp
special enzyme(forgot the name, will look it up)
derma roller

I'm intersted what CS, jdp and all you guys know about the topic! Fibrosis is huge in my opinion and would be also interesting for guys like a>r, whip and the others intrested in regrowth.

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: fibrosis, internal and topical treatment

Post  pancacke on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:50 pm

topical iodine on scars:
http://www.thyroidscience.com/cases/Derry.Iodine.Regen.6.7.08.pdf
http://www.thyroidscience.com/cases/Derry.Iodine.Regen.7.19.08.pdf

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix21 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:01 pm

read some of the funkystumpfighter's posts. I believe hes been experimenting with topical iodine. Also search for a thread on topical k2, there was some interesting stuff in that.

phoenix21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:03 am

Thanks phoenix I will read it up!

Where do I get liquid iodide? Searched iherb but only found mixed products...
Isn't K2 more of a decalcification topical?

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix21 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:14 am

pancake - it seems the only real liquid iodine that iherb has is the iosol formula - if you goole lugol's you can fiind other sources.

Yes, I brought up the k2 because fibrosis and calcification are two problems that can go hand in hand, at least in my mind.

phoenix21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:40 am

You're definitly right, I wonder if this only the case on scalp or with fibrosis in general. I'm also looking for grapeseed extract for decalcification but the only liquids on iherb are out of stock.....

There's a liquid "potassium iodide" product but the main ingredient is iodine!? This is the only "pure" iodide I could find http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Potassium-Iodide-Tablets-130-mg-14-Tablets/4402?at=0 Porblems is it's not liquid, has many additional ingredients and the description says "Do not use as an everyday supplement" which makes me wonder....

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:49 am

Here is the fibrosis regimen I came up with,

topical:
enzyme peel
SKKI+DMSO
vit.e+DMSO

internal:
serrapeptase, nattokinase, bromelain, papain(enzymes)
iodine/selenium
ALA/ALC
vitamin e
triphala
optimsm
PABA
quercetin
scar homeopathy

Other stuff that could be considered are blood circulation through exercise, massage or hot/cold showering; energy flow stimulation with acupuncture etc.; topical copper or colloidal silver; .......

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:07 am

If you use topical iodine the way you're supposed to use it for regenerative purposes, you probably won't be able to use anything else topically at the same time. It will cause your skin to become hard / shed continuously for the duration of its use, and I doubt very much that putting anything on top of that will make any difference at all because a) it will probably not make it through, and b) the skin will be regenerating itself so quickly that the effects of whatever other topical you use would just peel away before it had a chance to build up a compound effect from daily use.

After a good 3 months or so on topical iodine, I am fairly confident that it is all you would ever need to use as far as topical decalcification goes. The only problem is that it is unsightly, even when you fade the red stain of the iodine you are still left with what essentially looks like the dead skin on the underside of your foot after you've spent a few days without shoes on. If decalcification is what you're looking to do, and only decalcification, then putting anything on top of the iodine soaked skin would be like throwing matches in a volcano. This goes triple for enzyme peels, the iodine itself will cause the skin to shed so fast it would be akin to using a TCA chemical peel every day for however long you'd be applying it.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:32 am

Hey TheFunkyStumpfighter, thanks for your reply!
Do you think iodide would have the same "plastic-skin" effect as iodine has? Does the skin return to a normal look after not using iodine for awhile?

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:28 am

The hardened skin is a necessary part of the regeneration, it's a product of the dead skin being removed. Beneath this hardened skin, there is a rush to regenerate the area as the area is constantly being shed. The fresh skin being formed beneath it is the healthiest looking skin you'll ever see, it's pretty great.

To be clear, I used Lugol's and not SSKI. What I do know is that the hardened skin effect is a part of the regeneration, it will protect the constantly reforming skin beneath. You'll have a better idea of how you'll manage using it after you've tried it for a while. Personally, I think that if one was to use topical Lugol's as per the case study on regeneration for 6 months to 1 year depending on how long your scalp has been in the shitter, there would probably be a fair amount of regrowth. I only wish I was capable of maintaining it for that long.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:29 am

Oh, and it will take about a week before all the dead skin sheds off after you stop using it.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke on Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:16 am

Great, Thank You!
This really looks promising. I applied iosol to a scar on my back few hours ago. It was only a small birthmark that was removed half a year ago but because it was on the back it got huge. If I continue to treat it with iodine I may take pictures of the process and post them here.......
Could you tell me more about the procedure of using iodine on the scalp? how much do you dilute the stuff? When to apply it, for how long etc.

Is the ugly skin effect visible for other people? I have long rather thick hair but don't wanna go out with orange plastic skin Smile
Thanks again!

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter on Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:35 am

I mostly applied it to my hairline, so it was noticeable for me. I wear my hair down over my forehead, but any time the wind blew or it moved, it was pretty evident. I suppose it wouldnt be noticeable at all in areas where there is a fair amount of hair.

I applied it once or twice a day, usually after my evening shower. I preferred using the 2% Lugol's undiluted, as adding DMSO seemed to hinder how strong the reaction to it was. I figure it's because the DMSO pulled it right through the skin and into the blood.

If you're going to use it in an area with a lot of hair, be prepared to spend lots of money keeping it up. My hair is relatively long, and it was a real pain in the ass using it on my crown. I also don't know if the iodine would cause a shed considering it will "scab" up the area for as long as you use it. Won't know until you try though, and the end result would be wroth the short term issues.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke on Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:03 am

Thanks funky, I'll adjust my regimen. Treating with iodine and then maintaining with enzymes is a good plan I think Rolling Eyes

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:22 am

updated regimen....
topical:
orderd sski, lugols and dmso-will try out all combinations

internal:
Advanced Fibrin Defense(enzymes and cofactors)
triphala(+vit e from diet, anyone got a tip?)
PABA(http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-PABA-500-mg-100-Capsules/732?at=0)

Regarding the PABA I'm not sure with the dosage. My source suggests to take 2000mg 3xdaily(maybe he meant 2000 divided in 3 doses), but the label say 500mg once daily!?

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:48 pm

Quick update: After half week of using iosol topical it burned my skin. Maybe I overdid it and covering with plastic might not be the best idea but the point is, I wouldn't use iosol for topical application instead use lugols or sski.
Here is where I bought my sski http://www.tahomadispensary.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=110067!162 but for customers in the USA I would buy here http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1272098#i
Dosage for Paba will be 2g./daily divided in four doses.
My supps didn't arrive yet but I will keep you up to date......

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip on Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:40 am

Has anyone here used SSKI on their "unit" to combat fibrosis? (not peyronie's but general fibrosis) Serious question. I have both lugol's and sski, lugol's is dark brown and sski is clear.

Everything I've seen is for peyronies and also they use dmso and vitamin e. I would think sski is way better to use there than dmso, vitamin e is fine also.

Any ideas?

Whip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:03 am

not dissolving calcium very well :

vitamin a  - interacts with k2 and vitamin d, therefore should be mentioned.
k2  - a great supplement. but not a direct calcium dissolver.
vitamin d - it moves calcium and metabolises it properly. it won't dissolve calcium directly.

caffeine - doesn't dissolve calcium in the scalp or any joint
magnesium oil - magnesium is a metal. calcium is metal. it cannot dissolve calcium or bone spurs.
MSM - similar to dmso but less proven .
detumescence therapy - doesn't work for a lot of people. would you use it on arthritus joints ? no.
zeolites - this just doesn't work.
gelatin - used for scar tissue, but still not a direct calcium dissolver.

EDTA - too unknown

things that may work :

dmso - by itself, is very weak
dmso with vitamin c powder - this seems to work
apple cider vinegar - weak, but works over time
lemon/limes - acid dissolves calcium. this works.
taurine - this actually works. it's actually sulfur too, like MSM or dmso, but has science to show it blocked fibrosis.

aloe vera - could help. very mild though

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairmaniac on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:18 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:

Would you suggest applying lemon directly on the scalp, or squeezing a lemon on a glass of water and drinking it? I've heard drinking lemon water has other health benefits too.

hairmaniac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:52 am

hairmaniac wrote:
iuyyighghghgkh wrote:

Would you suggest applying lemon directly on the scalp, or squeezing a lemon on a glass of water and drinking it? I've heard drinking lemon water has other health benefits too.

that's very mild, probably not strong enough.

Actually, I suggest going on bone spur forums.

Research what they use to solve bone spurs, and then use logic and common sense

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top