Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Monistat for hair growth?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monistat for hair growth?

Post  angstman on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:26 pm

I decided to frequent a couple other forums and apparently a lot of people have jumped on using miconazole on their scalps.

http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-topic/25445

angstman

View user profile http://www.eezeekial.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Monistat for hair growth?

Post  baller234 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Yes it definitely works. I'm using it along with nizoral cream and am getting FAST hair growth on temples.

There are probably several mechanisms by which these two grow hair.

Miconazole nitrate- Nitrates increase oxygen. I read somewhere that DHT increases hydrogen in the hair follicle so by using Miconazole Nitrate you are allowing more oxygen to reach the follicle (this is the main reason I think it works). Miconazole (active ingredient in monistat) is reported to lower testosterone levels by inhibiting the conversion of progesterone to test. Progesterone inhibits 5 alpha reductase and would lessen the effects of undesirable estrogens in the hair follicle.

Ketoconazole- Reported to be anti-inflammatory. It also blocks the androgen receptor and clears estradiol and DHT from SHBG. A 5 month Japanese study reported imppressive hair growth from just using nizoral cream.

Also both are anti-fungals which will help improve scalp health if immune system is not doing its job.

baller234

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  angstman on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:14 pm

If Ive read correctly, it just speeds up hair growth- not actually regrowth?

angstman

View user profile http://www.eezeekial.com

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:05 am

It will make minaturized hairs become terminal. It's not going to grow new hair but it will allow damaged hair to grow longer and (my own speculation) repair itself due to increased oxygen and possibly progesterone.

baller234

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:55 am

Interesting! Wink

teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trace on Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:28 am

So this product is not natural. I have a lot of miniature hairs on my temple area so I would love to give this a shot.

Baller where do you buy it from.

Trace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj on Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:19 am

This is interesting, miconazole is an anti-fungal agent and is used for fungus or yeast infections. So the younger gen's hairloss issues may be more related to skin infections, skin infections that may not be visible or even create some type of irritation on the scalp, and the only indication that you have some type of yeast or fungus growth is by thinning or shedding hair.

tonyj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  action<reaction on Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:34 am

Malassezia yeasts perhaps.

action<reaction

Location: Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, the Milky Way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:05 am

Is that possible? That the Malassezia yeast is the cause for most of these early MPBs. Looking at what little info Wikipedia has on the Malassezia yeast, what scientist know so far is that Malassezia requires fat to grow. and sebaceous glands sweat out fat. But then there was an old study that referred to another study that claimed sebaceous gland activity is higher on high carb diets than fatty diets.

Racial, age and regional differences in human sebaceous glands of the head and neck

Also some scientist speculate that the Malassezia yeast sexually reproduces. No proof yet just speculation. If it does, that means producing offspring with a better chance of survival.

tonyj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  action<reaction on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:08 am

"Cause" in terms of something like MPB is really very Vague, but it's definitely in the process.

action<reaction

Location: Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, the Milky Way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  John Marsh on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:44 am

Signals sent out by the body determine when the anagen phase ends and the catagen phase begins. The catagen phase, also known as the transitional phase, allows the follicle to, in a sense, renew itself. During this time, which lasts about two weeks, the hair follicle shrinks due to disintegration and the papilla detaches and "rests", cutting the hair strand off from its nourishing blood supply.

John Marsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  John Marsh on Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:46 am

Signals sent out by the body determine when the anagen phase ends and the catagen phase begins. The catagen phase, also known as the transitional phase, allows the follicle to, in a sense, renew itself. During this time, which lasts about two weeks, the hair follicle shrinks due to disintegration and the papilla detaches and "rests", cutting the hair strand off from its nourishing blood supply.
Hair Transplant San Francisco

John Marsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:43 pm

John Marsh - are you a spammer?

I think scalp parasites do play a role in hair loss.. when i exfoliate or use topicals shedding slows down.. if i go without these for over 4 days my hair sheds like crazy accompanied by itching dandruff etc.. yes diet helps but is has not stopped these scalp reactions.. I tried not washing the hair for a week and it shed more.. I think keeping a clean scalp reduces possible parasites/fungus activity.

I wonder how much of a role hair salons play in spreading such parasites ..

teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:53 pm

I've been using miconazole inconsistently for about 2 weeks now, as well as nizorol every 2-3 days because my shampoo is coming in the post.

By "hair growth" does it mean speeding up the growth of hair you already have, or growing hair where there was none before?

tooyoung

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:41 pm

baller,

sounds good! What do you think is the right dosage?
Miconazole cream 2% or 4%?

Crusher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top