Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GALEA: Scalp Muscle that causes Male Pattern Baldness

Post  zeroes on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:58 pm

SlowMoe wrote:
J987 wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:
J987 wrote:

Does this apply to everyone with mpb, and do you think the lessened circulation is a genetic factor

I believe poor scalp circulation can be related to poor general circulation, tightness of the scalp due to stress, thick blood, a crippled blood vessel network in the scalp due to poor scalp maintenance over time....

Regarding the tightness of the scalp, we need to find out if guys with full head of hair have loose scalp.

Genetics has to play a part in this, even if it's something as simple as passing on poor circulation.

Someone mentioned something about runners, there are plenty of people that run and they are bald or balding.

Edit: One thing I have noticed is I can run my hand through my scalp hair and hair will be on my fingers, but hardly any or none even with greater force when I do the same in the non MPB area. The other thing I have noticed is body and facial hair requires decent force to pull out. Also they don't seem to grow indefinitely or shed. What is different about these hairs?

zeroes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:42 pm

J987 wrote:Well im sure circulation isnt my problem, but then again Im far from bald also...
Something else to add, my scalp has always been loose probably can move it a good half and inch back and forth, My gf's little niece and nephew have much less scalp movement.. I don't think scalp laxity or circulation had anything to do with the hair loss ive encountered so far, for me I believe its all about hormones and inflammation.
I just utilize the circulation methods as a just in case, but sometimes to be honest I feel like I have more than enough circulation going on in my head between the topicals, supplements, diet, exercise, and S.E. and massages. I doubt i have less circulation
anywhere in my body than the average person whether they are affected with mpb or not..
For the record so far the best results I've had with thickening my hair have came from addressing inflammation, through diet
and lots of omega 3s...

please tell me ur regimen/diet... i know my loss is from hormones... how much omega 3 u take? how long it take for results?

young trunks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  987 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:08 am

young trunks wrote:
J987 wrote:Well im sure circulation isnt my problem, but then again Im far from bald also...
Something else to add, my scalp has always been loose probably can move it a good half and inch back and forth, My gf's little niece and nephew have much less scalp movement.. I don't think scalp laxity or circulation had anything to do with the hair loss ive encountered so far, for me I believe its all about hormones and inflammation.
I just utilize the circulation methods as a just in case, but sometimes to be honest I feel like I have more than enough circulation going on in my head between the topicals, supplements, diet, exercise, and S.E. and massages. I doubt i have less circulation
anywhere in my body than the average person whether they are affected with mpb or not..
For the record so far the best results I've had with thickening my hair have came from addressing inflammation, through diet
and lots of omega 3s...

please tell me ur regimen/diet... i know my loss is from hormones... how much omega 3 u take? how long it take for results?

I'm a new member, check through my first thread i recently started, that's where Ill update with my experiences. Regime in sig, diet probably like most of the hardcore guys on this forum. No dairy,gluten,soy, gmo, pork. No processed food 95% of the time, I do raw vegetable juicing once a week, filtered water, organic teas, nuts,seeds, eggs, no toxins applied to body, cut back on meat I mainly just do wild caught fish and chicken,turkey will add back in high quality beef to my diet but not often, lots of saturated fats. I take at least 1000mg of krill and/or fish oil a day. Ive tried just about every natural topical mentioned for hair loss, currently just use castor oil mixed with rosemary, olive oil, aloe. I think everything I'm taking is helping some function in my body to some degree, but as of now I particularly see that I do not have noticeable sheds any time I'm taking omega 3 oils. If I stop taking omega3 suppl's for a couple months hair seems to get worse. I'm a diffuse Norwood 2A btw, but hair still thick enough its only noticeable to me playing with my hair in the mirror. Haven t been too aggressive at suppressing dht yet, the pygeum I have I question its quality and only take once or twice a week. I haven't touched the saw palmetto I bought a couple months ago yet, but I feel like my hair is simply susceptible to hormonal imbalances which cause an inflammatory response and if I prevent those two then I should be able to stop, or at least hold off any larger progression of balding for a long time. My simplistic idea on hair loss is to restore and maintain yourself to the body you had before you started loosing hair, and I believe at the least that means keeping testosterone levels up to younger levels.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro on Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:28 pm

concerning the previous arguments about the transplanted hairs being "lifetime" and something that no one mentioned i think.

Just consider the process of transplanting: the surgery itself might be creating new blood vessels that help ensure the survival of the newly moved hair.

I'm still a proponent of the blow flow theory, but personally just brushing didn't work for me. I hope slowmoe is onto something big with his new "scalp scrunching" method.

dudebro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:20 pm

zeroes wrote:
SlowMoe wrote:
J987 wrote:

Does this apply to everyone with mpb, and do you think the lessened circulation is a genetic factor
I believe poor scalp circulation can be related to poor general circulation, tightness of the scalp due to stress, thick blood, a crippled blood vessel network in the scalp due to poor scalp maintenance over time....
Regarding the tightness of the scalp, we need to find out if guys with full head of hair have loose scalp.

Genetics has to play a part in this, even if it's something as simple as passing on poor circulation.

Someone mentioned something about runners, there are plenty of people that run and they are bald or balding.

Edit: One thing I have noticed is I can run my hand through my scalp hair and hair will be on my fingers, but hardly any or none even with greater force when I do the same in the non MPB area. The other thing I have noticed is body and facial hair requires decent force to pull out. Also they don't seem to grow indefinitely or shed. What is different about these hairs?
From my experience my scalp got tighter and tighter as my hairloss got worse... We already and I've seem guys on here that don't have that much of a tight scalp and still have thick hair minus some recession.... Then we have the guys with the extremely tight ones that are like Norwood 6 or heading in that direction at an extremely fast pace. Also, IMO the same guys that have an extremely tight scalp do not have success with minix because the galea is just too tight which causes severe compression on all of the capillaries etc.

We already know what goes on when the scalp is tight and we also know that the same shit that goes on when the scalp is tight is reversed after aibstational loosening of tje scalp... What more do you guys want? Brushing, minox, simple massage WILL NOT do anything if the scalp is too tight or if the hair follicles have been dormant for a long time. You have to loosen the muscles around the scalp that are pulling on the galea, NOT massage the whole scalp itself.

Complexx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:27 pm

dudebro wrote:concerning the previous arguments about the transplanted hairs being "lifetime" and something that no one mentioned i think.

Just consider the process of transplanting: the surgery itself might be creating new blood vessels that help ensure the survival of the newly moved hair.

I'm still a proponent of the blow flow theory, but personally just brushing didn't work for me. I hope slowmoe is onto something big with his new "scalp scrunching" method.
There's actually a special scalp massage that Maliniak came up with to loosen the scalp.. Also, slowmoes device seems great too and although I don't own one yet I AM planning on buying it very very soon. He has seen the most success ever since incorporating the violet ray, strap, and emu oil.... Brushing is similar to a scalp massage in the sense that it may provide good benefits depending how loose your scalp is, but if your scalp is very tight I wouldn't count on just brushing because you're NOT addressing the main issue which is the tight scalp.
Complexx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  987 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:59 am

Complexx wrote:
zeroes wrote:
SlowMoe wrote:
J987 wrote:

From my experience my scalp got tighter and tighter as my hairloss got worse... We already and I've seem guys on here that don't have that much of a tight scalp and still have thick hair minus some recession.... Then we have the guys with the extremely tight ones that are like Norwood 6 or heading in that direction at an extremely fast pace. Also, IMO the same guys that have an extremely tight scalp do not have success with minix because the galea is just too tight which causes severe compression on all of the capillaries etc.

We already know what goes on when the scalp is tight and we also know that the same shit that goes on when the scalp is tight is reversed after aibstational loosening of tje scalp... What more do you guys want? Brushing, minox, simple massage WILL NOT do anything if the scalp is too tight or if the hair follicles have been dormant for a long time. You have to loosen the muscles around the scalp that are pulling on the galea, NOT massage the whole scalp itself.

You responded to something I said over a year ago!!! I agree with you, the scalp would get tighter and tighter naturally due to the nature of the causation, I just recently made a couple posts about... I never reached the tight scalp point yet which is likely a reason why I still have so much hair, and some decent recovery was possible, but the relevance of tightened scalp is clearly correct!
Galea is more of a tendon from my understanding, anaerobic fitness conditions create an environment of decreased fat tissue, increased bone material, and an increase in muscle, this is favorable for our physic...But the scalp has no muscle, and I feel hypoxia is only negative there, so there will just be loss of fat, coupled with an increase of bone, you get the point...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:37 pm

987 wrote:
Complexx wrote:
zeroes wrote:
SlowMoe wrote:
J987 wrote:

You responded to something I said over a year ago!!! I agree with you, the scalp would get tighter and tighter naturally due to the nature of the causation, I just recently made a couple posts about... I never reached the tight scalp point yet which is likely a reason why I still have so much hair, and some decent recovery was possible, but the relevance of tightened scalp is clearly correct!
Galea is more of a tendon from my understanding, anaerobic fitness conditions create an environment of decreased fat tissue, increased bone material, and an increase in muscle, this is favorable for our physic...But the scalp has no muscle, and I feel hypoxia is only negative there, so there will just be loss of fat, coupled with an increase of bone, you get the point...
Hi 987, first of all I meant muscles around the scalp that PULL the Galea in different directions (that's why we have different balding patterns) also, I find the balder areas tighter and more numb then other spots (well, at least I used to.) and this concludes that blood flow is king and tightness is preventing blood from circulating "freely" on the scalp. Many people report tingling or itching sensations while loosing  AND/OR regrowth. This fat your talking about is kind of interesting but really doesn't catch my attention.... especially since it was caused by lack of blood circulation. 

The scalp feels more "bony" and less plump because the muscles around the Galea are pulling on the galea and it sometimes gets tight to the point that you see all of your "cranial imperfections" This fat theory doesn't make sense and if that was true that would mean that I'm fucked..... Yet I have more hair than over half the people on here (no offense) I just have some receding temples and some thinning all around the scalp but no crown loss or anything and everything is fixing up nicely. It sounds to me like you have some sort of thyroid problem or something else unrelated to TRUE MPB. I bet the violet ray alone will fix that up. Diet, in your case, will help a ton as well.
Complexx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  987 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Complexx wrote:
Hi 987, first of all I meant muscles around the scalp that PULL the Galea in different directions (that's why we have different balding patterns) also, I find the balder areas tighter and more numb then other spots (well, at least I used to.) and this concludes that blood flow is king and tightness is preventing blood from circulating "freely" on the scalp. Many people report tingling or itching sensations while loosing  AND/OR regrowth. This fat your talking about is kind of interesting but really doesn't catch my attention.... especially since it was caused by lack of blood circulation. The scalp feels more "bony" and less plump because the muscles around the Galea are pulling on the galea and it sometimes gets tight to the point that you see all of your "cranial imperfections" This fat theory doesn't make sense and if that was true that would mean that I'm fucked..... Yet I have more hair than over half the people on here (no offense) I just have some receding temples and some thinning all around the scalp but no crown loss or anything and everything is fixing up nicely. It sounds to me like you have some sort of thyroid problem or something else unrelated to TRUE MPB. I bet the violet ray alone will fix that up. Diet, in your case, will help a ton as well. 
So why do you think the galea muscles are "pulling" in someone with hair loss troubles versus not pulling in someone without,& Why arent they relaxed? What changed within the body which caused the galea to begin pulling as you guys call it.

Blood flow in a way is just a mechanism for transportation. If its not transporting the correct hair growth factors then it could also mean nothing in regards to regrowth, quality always trumps quantity.
For this specifically, if theres not enough consistent oxygen potential within the blood flow capable of stabilizing the hormonal expression then the increased blood flow would be a weak benefactor. What if your blood flow is thick and sludgy and moving poorly, would blood flow still be king? That outcome is very typical actually, in which another reason manual methods alone will not suffice.. I could ask why dont you think the fat theory makes sense, but I'd rather just state that there are other factors to fat disposition than just blood flow, you could have perfect blood flow and still be missing various elements (minerals like iodine/magnesium etc), as well as have other inflammatory factors which regardless causes detriment long term; despite your blood flow rates. I can see how it would initially seem not so important but from my present understanding the fat tissue around the follicle is what allows terminal hair growth, possibly why terminal hair is very selective in location. Other areas of the body which may actually have stronger blood flow dont grow terminal hair.. If theres a different thought to why this is then feel free... The main fat of desire is BAT which is highly vascularized, and the micro-circulation up close to the hair follicle is of super importance.. Also i'd be willing to bet you'd have trouble improving upon my diet!! Thyroid is no longer a problem though, my hair is fine, thanks for advice.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Apologies in advance for the length of the following post, but I think it'll be worth your consideration ...

IMHO the tight galea theory makes the most sense, from a scientific, as well as an experiential point of view - but to my way of thinking, it is not the cause of baldness, but only one effect in a chain of effects which originate from a root cause.

Everything operates according to the law of cause and effect. On this forum people generally understand that, however I feel that what we've been seeing is a lot of theories which tackle effects and not causes, in my opinion.

I am one of the manual methods crowd, and I will keep using manual methods, but I know that they are just one kind of band aid that can counter the operation of an effect. For example, most peoples' answer to a tight galea is massage, or botox, or whatever else you might like to throw at it and yes, it will do the trick, to a point.

The question, if the tight galea theory is accepted, is what is the absolute most root cause of that? I can't accept the answer of heredity - I CAN accept that a guy could be genetically predisposed to the cause of a tight galea, but not that a tight galea is simply his lot in life due to heredity.

I've heard people say that a dysfunctional thyroid is the cause of baldness, and that could well be the case, but what is the cause of a dysfunctional thyroid?

In the West we tend to have a very 'naturalistic' world view, where mind and body are separate - the obvious consequence of this is to treat physical with physical.

But what if baldness has a mental / spiritual cause, and that is the most root cause to be found? it is now well known how profound an effect the mind / spirit has on the body and this is because mind / spirit creates body. Simply put, without mind, the body would die.

I'm sure I'm not the first to propose this, but what seems to me to be going on is that there is a mental / spiritual cause which effects the thyroid, the muscles of the back neck and scalp, the adrenal glands and everything else which has been put forward as a cause for baldness.

At the moment, my very uneducated guess is that the root cause is a habitual anxiety which originates in the amygdallae, a part of the brain which stores long-term memory and is, among other things, responsible for fear conditioning.

What I'd like to propose is that baldness originates as a type of fear conditioning in the earlier stages of life and is located deep in the subconscious mind. What we're talking about, I believe is a type of very tenacious habit - the habit of anxiety.

I believe that this lurks so far beneath the radar of the conscious mind that you don't even realise it's happening, although you feel the effects, for example muscular tension, a feeling of foreboding that you just can't explain, irritability, etc.

If you look at all the things that anxiety effects, you will see that it should not be ruled out as a cause. Among other things, anxiety can be responsible for: muscular tension, heart disease, chronic respiratory disorders, headaches, insomnia, all kinds of social disorders, lack of focus and concentration, angry outbursts, gastrointestinal disorders, emotional withdrawal, hyperthyroidism (and hypothyroidism is linked to depression, which is also linked to anxiety), depleted adrenal glands ... and the list goes on.

If anxiety is the cause, this would explain why many bald guys additionally suffer from many of the above ailments.

If this theory is correct, then that's great, but what is the cure? I think I'm on the right track, but to be honest I don't know the answer - I suspect that it may have something to do with reconditioning the mind.

Hairy Potter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  987 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:33 pm

Interesting post. Consider that it is said when testosterone levels are lower it is harder for a male to be calm.
Other nutrient deficiencies can play a hand in this as well such as magnesium, stressed adrenals, and/or elevated cortisol levels which could all set the stage for the characteristics you are describing. I am a fond believer though, that directly and indirectly the mind creates the body, and our belief system has a lot to do with a lot, though as I was describing I believe the end result of this is mechanical in nature..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:11 am

987 wrote: Other nutrient deficiencies can play a hand in this as well such as magnesium, stressed adrenals, and/or elevated cortisol levels which could all set the stage for the characteristics you are describing.
I agree, but anxiety causes all of these - it's a chicken/egg scenario, what came first, the stressed adrenals, or the anxiety? I believe the anxiety.

Hairy Potter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:06 am

hairy potter, ive been trying to say this for a while, suggested it a year ago. the placebo effect has merit! mind over matter, aka energy over matter.

Anxiety probably pushed my hair loss over the edge. I distinctly remember one time my mom telling me that she thought I was losing my hair when I was 13, and then BAM my mind starts to panic. (chicken or the egg right? maybe she was right or maybe she scared me into thinking i was losing it) All the dermatologist visits and propecia pushing (glad I never took it) scared the hell out of me when I was young. And it continued to progress. Even when I was on rogaine the first 4 years when I was 16, not much stabilization or improvement. It wasn't until I was 19/20 when I stopped caring and the rogaine started to work and I gained a lot of density and thickness when I was buzzed!

And we all still continue in the journey............

dudebro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:37 am

dudebro wrote:hairy potter, ive been trying to say this for a while, suggested it a year ago. the placebo effect has merit! mind over matter, aka energy over matter.

Anxiety probably pushed my hair loss over the edge. I distinctly remember one time my mom telling me that she thought I was losing my hair when I was 13, and then BAM my mind starts to panic. (chicken or the egg right? maybe she was right or maybe she scared me into thinking i was losing it) All the dermatologist visits and propecia pushing (glad I never took it) scared the hell out of me when I was young. And it continued to progress. Even when I was on rogaine the first 4 years when I was 16, not much stabilization or improvement. It wasn't until I was 19/20 when I stopped caring and the rogaine started to work and I gained a lot of density and thickness when I was buzzed!

And we all still continue in the journey............
Dudebro, I hear you and completely empathise. The way I'm thinking at the moment, I can actually understanding loads of people disagreeing with, because it sounds so immaterial and even 'airy fairy', sometimes even to myself.

But I can't deny that there are causes on the body which are 'deeper' than the purely physical.

Now towelling has a very real, physical effect on the scalp, I'm not disputing that. Minoxidil brings about very real chemical reactions which makes it effective, I'm not disputing that. Cutting back on crappy foods brings about a very real physical change in the chemicals of the body, I'm not disputing that.

But did we lose our hair due to a lack of Minoxidil? Did we lose our hair due to a lack of physical stimulation to the scalp, or completely due to the intake of unhealthy foods, or the absence of emu oil?

If that were the case, then surely all men who lacked those things would also be bald, but that is clearly not the case. I'm not saying anything new here, but I want to reiterate it because I feel that neglecting these questions is going to be the cause of us chasing our tails ceaselessly.

Should we stop using the external methods? No, if they're working we should carry on. What I am suggesting is that, those who are spiritually inclined, should learn more about the effects of spirit on body because I believe it is the final frontier in healing.

I've kinda put my head on the block by saying that, but there will be guys out there who agree with me :-)

Hairy Potter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  987 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:41 am

^ Its not any one thing, its everything in concert... Some factors stronger than others... Read my last post in the year one update thread, pretty much sums up all I feel necessary to say regarding the subject in which you seem like one whom would agree.. GL in your efforts.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter on Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:15 pm

987 wrote:^ Its not any one thing, its everything in concert... Some factors stronger than others... Read my last post in the year one update thread, pretty much sums up all I feel necessary to say regarding the subject in which you seem like one whom would agree.. GL in your efforts.
Thanks 987, I'm already seeing results - good luck to you too :-)

Hairy Potter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:50 pm

Effect of stretching force on human hair dermal papilla cells: possibility of manipulating mechanobiology to induce hair regeneration
T Koyama1,2, R Ogawa3, K Kobayashi1,2, T Hama4 and H Hyakusoku3 1Josai Clinic, Tokyo, Japan; 2NPO Future Medical Laboratory, Tokyo, Japan; 3Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan and 4ANGFA Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan

Introduction: Mechanical forces have an important role in regeneration of tissues, such as bone, cartilage, blood vessels, and myocardium. For hair regeneration, interaction of hair dermal papilla cells (HDPCs) with hair matrix cells is essential. Our hypothesis is that appropriate mechanical stimulation on the HDPCs may enhance its interaction with hair matrix cells to accelerate hair regrowth. As our first step, we evaluated the effect of a stretching force on HDPCs by analyzing the gene expression of stretch-stimulated HDPCs.;

Methods: A commercialized cell line of HDPCs was cultured with 10% fetal bovine serumcontaining Dulbecco's Eagle medium. Thereafter, 1x105 of three-passaged cells were seeded on a silicone chamber that can be stretched cyclically by computer modulation. The stretching stimulation was set as 20% stretch, 10 cycles/min every 24 hrs. Thereafter, the cells were harvested and their gene expression was analyzed using cDNA microarray methods.

Results: The HDPCs aligned themselves perpendicularly to the stretching direction 72 hours after stretching, whereas the non-stretched cells showed a random distribution. After 24 hours of stretching, 373 and 407 genes were upregulated and downregulated, respectively (n=5). After 72 hours of stretching, 2655 and 2823 genes were upregulated and downregulated, respectively (n=5). The upregulated genes included hair growth genes such as VEGF, WNT, BMP, and PDGF, and the downregulated genes included hair-removing genes such as IL-6 and TNF.

Conclusion: An optimal stretching/stimulation force applied for a suitably long period can up-regulate hair growth genes and down-regulate hair removal genes in HDPCs. Thus, mechanical force may be useful in hair tissue engineering. In addition, mechanical stimulation and/or sufficient massage of the scalp may be a natural, easy, and economical way to stimulate hair growth. Further studies will be required to understand the effect of mechanical force in hair regeneration.

ferox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:32 am

...but we have to stretching from 24 to 72 hours continuously?? bounce 

TNT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:00 pm

I stretch my scalp throughout the day, whenever I can get the privacy.

On another note . . does anybody else notice that when they wake in the morning that the scalp / Galea is incredibly loose?? & of course ZERO inflammation

But as the day progresses it gradually gets tighter . . a build-up of stress perhaps.
Hali-L

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:54 pm

Hali-L wrote:I stretch my scalp throughout the day, whenever I can get the privacy.

On another note . . does anybody else notice that when they wake in the morning that the scalp / Galea is incredibly loose?? & of course ZERO inflammation

But as the day progresses it gradually gets tighter . .  a build-up of stress perhaps.
Yeah I notice this too. I guess its' b because our body relaxes when we go to sleep...
SlowMoe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  987 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:02 am

Oxygen levels in tissue are higher in the morning after a good nights rest..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  expecthair on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 am

I think the anxiety issue makes a lot of sense. Back when I was 16, I started experiencing anxiety. I also realized that I would tense up my forehead, and I've been either tensing my forehead or holding up my eyebrows ever since.
Since then, I've had a slowly receeding hairline, and I'm now 39 and almost a Norwood 4. I've also started to thin noticeably at the crown.
Before reading this thread, I decided to consciously keep my forehead muscles relaxed. I want to keep from forming wrinkles ( I already created 2 vertical lines going up from in between my eyebrows) and thought maybe it would help my hair. Now that I'm conscious of the tension I carry in my forehead, it's amazing how much was there that I didn't realize! I'm always finding myself having to relax the muscles. It's like they tense subconsciously as a result of any little stress or anxiety.
Also at age 28 I started taking Paxil for anxiety. My hair actually thickened up some for a few years, perhaps due to less stress. I'm off that drug and don't recommend anyone take it, just noting a correlation.
I do think that all the muscle tension has caused damage to my hairline. Whether the root cause is anxiety, the galea, circulation, calcification, DHT, etc I'm not sure, but I plan to attack with most theories and see what happens.

expecthair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:58 pm

Hali-L wrote:I stretch my scalp throughout the day, whenever I can get the privacy.

But as the day progresses it gradually gets tighter . .  a build-up of stress perhaps.
i always thought this may have to do with your back being perfectly straight when you are sleeping (if you sleep on your back, on side not sure). that way there is less tension pulling on the scalp from the back mucles. not sure if this is true though.
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gonzalito on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:02 am

sanderson wrote:

i always thought this may have to do with your back being perfectly straight when you are sleeping (if you sleep on your back, on side not sure). that way there is less tension pulling on the scalp from the back mucles. not sure if this is true though.
I think the same... I even think that in the last year has helped me a little started taking chiropractic sessions to correct my poor posture from years of computer/office work...

gonzalito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:51 am

Precisely
SlowMoe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top