Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Post  goten574 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:11 am

Hi,

About a year ago, I started drinking 2 cups of Peppermint or Spearmint tea daily. After a few months, I am pretty sure I noticed that my boobs had grown. Since I ran out of tea, I stopped consuming the mint and things returned to normal. Four months ago, I started using a natrual, Peppermint/Spearmint body wash from Avalon. I also added around 3ml of Spearmint essential oil to my body wash and I use this 3 times per week. My sister has told me that I am growing boobs and I have to agree with her to some extent.

Is it possible for the mint to cause this? I am also taking Fo-Ti supplement as well as several other supplements for general health. What is the cause of this Gynecomastia? I am overweight by a few stone so I do have larger than average man boobs but I'm sure they have grown to an abnormal size.

Thanks!

goten574

Posts: 470
Join date: 2009-08-03
Location: UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Post  Gibson on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:28 am

Yes, peppermint as an essential oil is perhaps the most estrogenic of all. Fo ti is far more estrogenic than soy. So if you are prone to gyno and concerned about man boobs, you want to stay far away from both.

Gibson

Posts: 992
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Post  goten574 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:33 am

Gibson wrote:Yes, peppermint as an essential oil is perhaps the most estrogenic of all. Fo ti is far more estrogenic than soy. So if you are prone to gyno and concerned about man boobs, you want to stay far away from both.

I take Fo Ti for my hair, to see if it can help with MPB, so far, I cannot say that it helps with hair and I have been taking it for many months now. I use Peppermint/Spearmint to lessen body hair which is does to a small extent. If I stop one or both of these products, will things go back to normal or am I stuck with these man boobs? Is there anything I can take to reverse this? Perhaps Zinc?

goten574

Posts: 470
Join date: 2009-08-03
Location: UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Post  CausticSymmetry on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:48 am

I second Gibson - This stuff kills testosterone.


_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpbregimen.htm

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts: 10630
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Post  goten574 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:53 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I second Gibson - This stuff kills testosterone.


This is not good then. What do you suggest I do to increase my testosterone? Hopefully you can suggest something I already have so I can start using it right away. My sister also says my eyelashes have grown and my body is more curvy like a womans... Again, if I stop these 2 products, will things return to normal?

goten574

Posts: 470
Join date: 2009-08-03
Location: UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Post  The Natural on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:49 am

You might research turmeric's effect on gynecomastia. From what I have read, it appears to help.

The Natural

Posts: 668
Join date: 2008-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Post  AboDi on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:45 am

so bronners peppermint and lavender soaps variety not a good idea for body wash , other types like Citrus Orange , Hemp Rose , Tea Tree , Almond is ?

AboDi

Posts: 106
Join date: 2010-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Post  Gibson on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:10 pm

AboDi wrote:so bronners peppermint and lavender soaps variety not a good idea for body wash , other types like Citrus Orange , Hemp Rose , Tea Tree , Almond is ?

Almond would be safe. Pretty sure citrus orange is ok, as well. The peppermint soap is only problematic if you have a pre-existing issue, or are prone to estro dominance--lot of factors could lead to such.

Gibson

Posts: 992
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Post  Gibson on Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:16 pm

goten574 wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:I second Gibson - This stuff kills testosterone.


This is not good then. What do you suggest I do to increase my testosterone? Hopefully you can suggest something I already have so I can start using it right away. My sister also says my eyelashes have grown and my body is more curvy like a womans... Again, if I stop these 2 products, will things return to normal?

I think in your case you will have to be more proactive than just dropping fo ti and peppermint to reverse the estro effects. If you had caught it early, you probably would have been fine. The thing is once the switch is fully flipped, the body learns, so to speak, and is more apt to repond to estro stimulus.


Gibson

Posts: 992
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Post  goten574 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:50 pm

Gibson wrote:
goten574 wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:I second Gibson - This stuff kills testosterone.


This is not good then. What do you suggest I do to increase my testosterone? Hopefully you can suggest something I already have so I can start using it right away. My sister also says my eyelashes have grown and my body is more curvy like a womans... Again, if I stop these 2 products, will things return to normal?

I think in your case you will have to be more proactive than just dropping fo ti and peppermint to reverse the estro effects. If you had caught it early, you probably would have been fine. The thing is once the switch is fully flipped, the body learns, so to speak, and is more apt to repond to estro stimulus.


What do you suggest then? Turmeric? is any of this mess helpful to my hair?


Last edited by goten574 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:42 am; edited 3 times in total

goten574

Posts: 470
Join date: 2009-08-03
Location: UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Post  The Natural on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:21 am

I have read that a very high dosage of turmeric can be effective. But that much turmeric will probably have a negative effect on your hair, in my opinion.

The Natural

Posts: 668
Join date: 2008-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Post  goten574 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:28 am

The Natural wrote:I have read that a very high dosage of turmeric can be effective. But that much turmeric will probably have a negative effect on your hair, in my opinion.

I started taking Milk Thistle (sylmarin) for the last 3 weeks, could this be the cause?! I heard that some woman take Sylmarin for breast enlargement. Yes, I take Spearmint/Peppermint for a body wash and yes I have been taking Fo-Ti for many months now but Milk Thistle is a recent addition so it seems odd that since I started this Milk Thistle, that I started noticing this. I've also started taking Silica around 2 weeks ago but I doubt this could cause it.

I may try small - medium doses of turmeric just for the sake of it but my Milk Thistle supplement has 700mg of Turmeric in it. I will stop Fo-Ti, Milk Thistle and my body wash and see what happens. I really hope things will reverse but I am not confident they will. Will resveratrol help?

goten574

Posts: 470
Join date: 2009-08-03
Location: UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Post  Gibson on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:16 am

Milk thistle is slightly estrogenic, but its profound effect on liver health, which helps rid he body of estrogen, negates any negative IMO. I've never heard of anyone getting gyno from milk thistle. But the main thing to keep in mind is that estrogen has a cumulative effect so, while the likely culprit is fo ti, with peppermint playing a close second, any estrogen will contribute. That said, you can take a break from milk thistle and return to it when your endocrine system is balanced again.

Turmeric won't reverse gyno. Standardized curcumin will help. the best for that end is BCM 95, but many, myself included, have reported a negative impact on hair from it. Anything that spikes androgens will be anti gyno and might hurt your hair.

You can try:
EGCG
Biotivia's Bio Forge Supps
Calcium D-Glucarate
Curcumin
Progesterone Cream
Now Brand nettle Root Extract
etc.

Cut all essential oils, watch out for grapefruit seed extract, used as a "natural" preservative and avoid essential oils--most are estrogenic, a couple aren't but that's a secret.

Gibson

Posts: 992
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Post  goten574 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:50 am

Gibson wrote:Milk thistle is slightly estrogenic, but its profound effect on liver health, which helps rid he body of estrogen, negates any negative IMO. I've never heard of anyone getting gyno from milk thistle. But the main thing to keep in mind is that estrogen has a cumulative effect so, while the likely culprit is fo ti, with peppermint playing a close second, any estrogen will contribute. That said, you can take a break from milk thistle and return to it when your endocrine system is balanced again.

Turmeric won't reverse gyno. Standardized curcumin will help. the best for that end is BCM 95, but many, myself included, have reported a negative impact on hair from it. Anything that spikes androgens will be anti gyno and might hurt your hair.

You can try:
EGCG
Biotivia's Bio Forge Supps
Calcium D-Glucarate
Curcumin
Progesterone Cream
Now Brand nettle Root Extract
etc.

Cut all essential oils, watch out for grapefruit seed extract, used as a "natural" preservative and avoid essential oils--most are estrogenic, a couple aren't but that's a secret.

For Curcumin, will the IH Antioxidant Boost help? I could order some of this tonight if that is suitable. I have Cedarwood and Tea Tree oil in my shampoo but I've been using this for so long that I don't think stopping this will make a difference.

goten574

Posts: 470
Join date: 2009-08-03
Location: UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O/T Is Peppermint / Spearmint Giving Me Gynecomastia (Man Boobs)?

Post  CausticSymmetry on Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:00 am

goten574 - Probably the best way to deal with Gyno is to try DHT cream applied to the affected area, (Andractim)

If you buy Curcumin, would recommend you use Meriva, which is phytosome version and it will last up to 10-hours, without the negative effects on hair (as far as I can tell).

http://tinyurl.com/4l33aya

What it will do is reduce the effects of the potent estrogen, estradiol on the receptor sites.

Milk Thistle is not a problem at all, this is only a very weak estrogen, and like Gibson stated, helps remove
more potent estrogen.

Would recommend Selenium and iodine (iodine is an estrogen inhibitor).

If you decide not to use DHT cream, then apply iodine topically to the area.




_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpbregimen.htm

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts: 10630
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum