Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Probiotics make you feel like crap? Sticky or loose stools?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Probiotics make you feel like crap? Sticky or loose stools?

Post  LittleFighter on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:33 pm

I think the fact many people don't tolerate all probiotics very well is due to different reasons:

* Die off, release endotoxins (and other types) and increase inflammation and leakyness
* Excessive growth - they grew too much inside in the wrong places causing:
** Excessive deconjugation of bile acids (sticky stools, smelly, hard to clean) - Bifidobacteria overgrowth in the small intestines MIGHT be implicated, but not always. I remember people complaining too much discomfort from taking probiotics like Ohhira's... (not saying this is not good, just saying it might not be good for all people.. try and see)
** D-Lactate acidosis - too much of this metabolite causes problems, including neurological. Some probiotics produce ONLY L-Lactic acid, the good kind

Transient effects from probiotics are not to worry, if they don't get better, it's time to look for a different product.

Gut health is essential to remove a constant source of inflammation.

Safest probiotics (safest to less safe):
* Lactobacillus GG (multiple benefits, including reduction of inflammation and healing aleaky gut)
* S. Boulardii (better form seems to be the Florastor brand and not Jarrows)

Leaky gut and dysbiosis is perpetuated if you don't change your diet, remove grains and introduce certain supplements.

Diet alone might be the cure for many, but it can take a LOT of time.

If you have problems, popping a probiotic pill might not resolve the problem. Remove grains from diet, use safe starches, use antimicrobials and safe probiotics (at the beginning). Some fiber is good, avoid excess fiber and from supplements.

LittleFighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Probiotics make you feel like crap? Sticky or loose stools?

Post  LittleFighter on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Why bacteria might grow in exccess?

Insuficient bile acid, stomach acid, gut motility problems, etc. Totally overlooked topics.

LittleFighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:23 pm

A very good read:

http://www.dherbs.com/articles/intestinal-colon-health-478.html

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Good to see you back littlefighter, wondered where you had gone.

Ordered some LGG about a week ago, looking forward to using it.

You mention "safe starches" what are these? Potatoes?

tooyoung

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:21 am

LittleFighter what is a good brand of probiotic for Lactobacillus GG?

theseeker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:41 am

theseeker - As far a I'm aware, culturelle is very good if not the best.

http://www.iherb.com/Culturelle-Culturelle-Probiotic-30-Veggie-Caps/7797?at=0

tooyoung

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenPower on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:29 am

Avoid excess fiber? What is the reason behind this?

GreenPower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:18 am

GreenPower wrote:Avoid excess fiber? What is the reason behind this?

Excessive fiber leads to excess fermentation, and that is problematic for people with dysbiosis.

Some types of fiber from food is actually healthy, mantains a healthy bowel flora. However throwing fiber in won't cure dysbiosis.

LittleFighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:28 am

That's a good article Nid.

"Safe starches" as far as I know, is a term coined in the Paleo community to refer to healthy starches allowed in paleo diets.

These starches provide energy, with little or no fructose. After all, very low carb or zero carb is probably not healthy for anyone.

Rice, Taro, Potatoes (sweet is prefered), Yams, tubers, etc are examples of them.

I recommend to get the Perfect Health Diet book by Paul Jaminet, excellent in explaining things in details, fully backed by research.

Culturelle is the best brand for LGG, IMHO.

LittleFighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:33 am

BTW fellows, try to take probiotics on an empty stomach... I believe this is the best option.

LittleFighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:58 am

Definitely on an empty stomach re: probiotics. Ya, that Master Herbalist Djetuy is an incredibly knowledgeable fella! Culturelle didn't seem to have the impact on my digestive tract that Dr. O'hirras did in my past, but I could be wrong. My girlfriend's work has this probiotic that has some 100 billion organisms in it; very effecdtive, whereas culturelle is 1/10th of that.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:22 am

LittleFighter wrote:

Excessive fiber leads to excess fermentation, and that is problematic for people with dysbiosis.

Some types of fiber from food is actually healthy, mantains a healthy bowel flora. However throwing fiber in won't cure dysbiosis.

Recently I've experimented with Psyillium Husks and would have to agree that it aggravates or exacerbates gut issues, a week after I ceased ingestion of it I was still having really bad gas release and bloating, I caution anybody on fiber.

"You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs."

- Banksy

act<react

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeymike on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:30 pm

Personally, Jarrows Probiotics (Jarro-Dophilus EPS) gave me a lot of bloating and horrible smelly tools.
I have stopped them after having isolated the problem.

I didn't think probiotics, who are supposed to help with bloating, could actually cause all this mess in my body

mikeymike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:48 pm

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?p=344

MilBA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:41 pm

act
LittleFighter wrote:

Recently I've experimented with Psyillium Husks and would have to agree that it aggravates or exacerbates gut issues, a week after I ceased ingestion of it I was still having really bad gas release and bloating, I caution anybody on fiber.

However I do believe a combo of Psyllum and Bentonite and other herbs can be very very helpful for detoxification, when dealing with parasites, bacteria, yeast, etc... for short-mid term use. Combine it with antibiotic herbs and you have an amazing treatment because these fiber absorbs endotoxins and other undesirable garbage that cause reactions.

Also the combination of psyllum with bentonite and herbs does reduce or completly eliminate the fermentation effect, in my experience. I know a very good fiber blend with these ingredients I used a long time ago and cleared my acne and dandruff... I know understand it was due to improved detoxification of endotoxins, undesirable bacteria and yeasts and less of these escaping into the blood creating infections, inflammation and excessive sebum output.

The blend I used is Everyday Fiber System from Rainbow Light... GOOD stuff. If one is using antifungals or other things, this blend can be used to reduce or eliminate die-off.

I'm looking into posting a "unified" protocol to eliminate dysbiosis, for people with problems in this area. No need to use lots of products, with little effect.

LittleFighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top