Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Probiotics make you feel like crap? Sticky or loose stools?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Probiotics make you feel like crap? Sticky or loose stools?

Post  hadrion on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:03 pm

Hey guys,

What would you make of the fact that when I don't take probiotics, my stools are much worse than when I do? Probiotics, specifically the Jarro-Dophilus EPS, fix my stools from being loose and really smelly to what is considered normal in color and formation. Without taking them, I almost have a garlic/onion smell when I poop which is strange since I would smell that when I didn't even consume them.

hadrion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:20 pm

LittleFighter wrote:That's a good article Nid.

"Safe starches" as far as I know, is a term coined in the Paleo community to refer to healthy starches allowed in paleo diets.

These starches provide energy, with little or no fructose. After all, very low carb or zero carb is probably not healthy for anyone.

Rice, Taro, Potatoes (sweet is prefered), Yams, tubers, etc are examples of them.

I recommend to get the Perfect Health Diet book by Paul Jaminet, excellent in explaining things in details, fully backed by research.

Culturelle is the best brand for LGG, IMHO.

What do you think of doing a fecal transplant as Paul mentions. Lol pretty disgusting but if it works?

abc123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:08 pm

MilBA wrote:http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?p=344

Lol! Nice link it's good to see contrary viewpoints. The author made some excellent points. . .

Odysseus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenPower on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:40 am

LittleFighter wrote:
Also the combination of psyllum with bentonite and herbs does reduce or completly eliminate the fermentation effect, in my experience. I know a very good fiber blend with these ingredients I used a long time ago and cleared my acne and dandruff... I know understand it was due to improved detoxification of endotoxins, undesirable bacteria and yeasts and less of these escaping into the blood creating infections, inflammation and excessive sebum output.

The blend I used is Everyday Fiber System from Rainbow Light... GOOD stuff. If one is using antifungals or other things, this blend can be used to reduce or eliminate die-off.

I'm looking into posting a "unified" protocol to eliminate dysbiosis, for people with problems in this area. No need to use lots of products, with little effect.

I'm 3 or 4 weeks in the P&B shakes and, my bowel movements are back stronger than ever.

I agree the bloating does happen but mine has stabilized back to normal. If you are having lots of trouble with psyllium, introduce flax seeds (a lot). I'm not familiar with insoluble and soluble fiber so you might have to do some research on that, but IMO flax seeds help me a lot.

Also start eating pineapple too or even start taking some of the papain you user bought (because of pragues famous post on his regrowth) since your colon needs enzymes to help with digestion and the cleaning up.

LittleFighter,

I recently started taking the inneov nestle l'oreal probiotics that you recommended a while back. Can you comment on your results with those? I'm on my fourth pill so I can't comment yet.

GreenPower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:44 am

LittleFighter wrote:

The blend I used is Everyday Fiber System from Rainbow Light.

LittleFighter, Do you take the powder kind or the capsule?

theseeker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:53 am

Littlefighter - I got my culturelle today, on the back it says do not add to warm or hot foods or beverages. I'm hoping to make yogurt out of it to make it last longer, but the milks a little warm when you add the probiotic? What do I do? Make a milk a little cooler?

tooyoung

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:52 am

Littlefighter

Great thread, with lots of good suggestions. Much encouragement on posting a protocol on getting rid of gut dysbiosis. Thanks and good to see you back!

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook

DM5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MAO on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:16 am

tooyoung wrote:Littlefighter - I got my culturelle today, on the back it says do not add to warm or hot foods or beverages. I'm hoping to make yogurt out of it to make it last longer, but the milks a little warm when you add the probiotic? What do I do? Make a milk a little cooler?

tooyoung - Hope you don't mind me answering. I managed to successfully make yoghurt using Culturelle capsules. I used (initially) ten capsules with 500ml of milk. I used to make yoghurt regularly with other cultures, but stopped when trying a dairy free (apart from butter) diet. My procedure involves heating the milk (full fat, pasteurised, non homogenised) to 80C and then allowing it to cool to about 45C. At this point I add a small amount of the milk to the powder from the capsules and mix gently to ensure that the culture is evenly distributed. Then I incubate it (using a standard yoghurt maker) for a minimum of eight hours. The milk 'sets' fine, so I assume that the LGG culture is thriving. Then I just reserve a small quantity of the batch for next time. It's early days with this, but it always turns out fine. Sterilise any components you use with boiling water first, but allow them to cool down first before use with the LGG culture.

I have tried using unpasteurised milk for yoghurt making in the past at low temps, but heating is necessary to get any positive results so you may as well use pasteurised (not UHT though).

In terms of health, it's too early to tell, but my gut seems more settled now. It's also nice to have dairy again, although I'm nervous about introducing too many (potential) problem foods back into my diet - especially gluten, fruit, sugars etc. I think that I am battling some kind of yeast overgrowth since I've had (over a long period of time) suggestive symptoms - not just hair loss. I figured that including LGG would help me restore balance. So far so good.

MAO

MAO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:24 pm

Mao, thanks for the post, it's been a great help. Which brand of yogurt maker do you use?

tooyoung

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MAO on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:37 pm

tooyoung wrote:Mao, thanks for the post, it's been a great help. Which brand of yogurt maker do you use?

I'm using one made by Lakeland.

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/electric-yoghurt-maker/F/keyword/yoghurt/product/3440_3441

I tried using my oven on the lowest setting, but the temperature was not very well regulated. This simple yoghurt maker is basic, but works very well.

MAO

MAO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:36 pm

Not sure how yours works, I've got the easiyo one where you put water in to keep it warm. What temp should I have the water at, just a little warm, not too hot?

tooyoung

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MAO on Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:11 pm

tooyoung wrote:Not sure how yours works, I've got the easiyo one where you put water in to keep it warm. What temp should I have the water at, just a little warm, not too hot?

tooyoung - not sure. I would just follow the standard instructions that come with the maker. As long as you achieve a temp of approx 40-45C (probably no higher than about 50C) for sufficient time, then you should be ok. My yoghurt maker works by thermostatic control via mains electricity. There is no temperature control feature but it always provides good results. With the easiyo maker are you able to use your own cultures or the easiyo mixes only? You could try using a small amount of a commercially available natural yoghurt as an experiment? In the past I have used Rachel's full fat organic with excellent results, but I wanted to try establishing a monoculture of LGG (after reading LittleFighter's post).

MAO

MAO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:48 pm

The easiyo, you put their mix into water and put that in a jar, which is surrounded by boiling water, which heats it then keeps it warm. Should I be able to make yogurt by just using warm water when you were meant to use boiling for the easiyo mix?

tooyoung

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:31 am

mikeymike wrote:Personally, Jarrows Probiotics (Jarro-Dophilus EPS) gave me a lot of bloating and horrible smelly tools.
I have stopped them after having isolated the problem.

I didn't think probiotics, who are supposed to help with bloating, could actually cause all this mess in my body

Jarrows did not agree with me either.

scottyc33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mikeymike on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:33 am

scottyc33 wrote:
mikeymike wrote:Personally, Jarrows Probiotics (Jarro-Dophilus EPS) gave me a lot of bloating and horrible smelly tools.
I have stopped them after having isolated the problem.

I didn't think probiotics, who are supposed to help with bloating, could actually cause all this mess in my body

Jarrows did not agree with me either.

what brand do you take now ?

mikeymike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top