Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

What causes hairfollicle to die, shrink, malfunction?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What causes hairfollicle to die, shrink, malfunction?

Post  pancacke on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:35 pm

"What causes hairfollicle to die, shrink, malfunction?"

I'm looking to cover all mechanisms that have a direct influence, to get a better picture. This thread is not about what causes hairloss, not even how we fight these machanisms at action but rather who we're up against looking at the small scale rather than the bigger picture.

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What causes hairfollicle to die, shrink, malfunction?

Post  pancacke on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:38 pm

1) Inflammation
A quick google search spit out this great post by CS, I'd recommend you read the whole thread here: http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-forums/viewthread.cfm?f=1&t=15303
In a partial summary, here's what's happening when the "immune system" is "attacking" the pilosebaceous unit (hair follicle appendage):

Microorganisms, fungus, reactive oxygen species created by various stimulus, apoptotic signaling induced by androgens and other hormonal information, cellular cross-talk, NFK-B, cytokines, chemokines, interleukins, Interferon-gamma, BDNF, NGF (this is only a partial list) have factors in the destructive process of the hair follicle.

2) Calcification
Reduces bloodflow and therfore nutrients and oxygen to the hair follicles, which make it shrink overtime. I don't know about the connection of DHT(also said to cause shrinkage) and calcification, but one of the things minox does is fight this calcification....

3) Nutrtion
Without sufficient nutrtion the follicle starves, leading to shrinkage malfunction and eventually the full destruction of the aparatus.

Next up hormones, but I don't know which hormones directly drive hairgrowth and which only influence the above factors. I'd be glad if someone throws in other ideas or comments on the above factors!

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top