Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Immune Boost 77 - good idea or no?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Immune Boost 77 - good idea or no?

Post  Smurfy on Sun May 15, 2011 1:42 am

Jdp quickly mentioned this in another thread, and I've continued to look into it...

http://www.iherb.com/Morningstar-Minerals-Immune-Boost-77-Mineral-Supplement-120-Capsules/16754?at=hil335

Is there any reason why this wouldn't be extremely awesome to implement? I mean it's supplementation with everything your body needs, plus major chelation... I only wonder how bio-available / absorbable it is. No specifications as to mineral ratios either.

Can anyone shed their thoughts or experiences with this? I'm considering ordering, based on A

Smurfy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immune Boost 77 - good idea or no?

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sun May 15, 2011 4:08 am

Smurfy - I've been using this stuff and I find it preferable to Enzymatic therapy's Metal Magnet.

You get more humic acid and yes of course the minerals. Overall it's priced better too.

One of the interesting things about it is that it contains some of the more mysterious trace elements, like
Samarium that have potential pro-hair activity.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy on Sun May 15, 2011 5:16 am

I've also tried the Metal Magnet, and was fairly happy with it. As you say these unknown elements probably do help out more than we know. Plus this is really cost-friendly.

On a semi-related note, I've been having real motivation troubles lately, literally half-assing everything I do. User reviews on IB77 say increased energy. Think this would assist with a "blah" feeling? Did it give you more energy and drive? Minerals are the organic basics of everything, so I can't see how the answer is "no it didn't help at all".

Smurfy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sun May 15, 2011 5:23 am

When I take this (which is almost every night), I wake up with a feeling of "everything is alright with the world" thought.

Based on some research, I am pretty convinced that depression is largely due to heavy metals (only with some other factors exacerbating it), and with a good reduction of these, (especially more exiting the body than entering), there's great potential with this stuff.

It would not be surprising if these minerals provide an added boost to these effects.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy on Sun May 15, 2011 5:51 am

I'm sure it's not too important but how much do you usually take?

It's fascinating you mention depression, for I've seen hairloss and depression tied together too, and I first noticed mine a couple years into battling major depression. Since finishing one round of Metal Magnet a few months ago, I've been a more positive person overall.

Seems without a doubt they would displace and regulate the rest of the mineral content in us, I think just supplying and "filling the void" we have is key. Of course the heavy metals will take over us if the good metals don't bust through the door saying "MINERAL FBI! MERCURY! HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE EM!"

Smurfy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react on Sun May 15, 2011 5:59 am

^ There's a big cross-over with heart disease and depression as well, the gut too, and well pretty everything, anti-inflammitory drugs have antidepressant value if I remember correctly.

I'm going to get on this instead of standard humifulvate as soon as possible, thanks!

"You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs."

- Banksy

act<react

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy on Sun May 15, 2011 6:13 am

Yeah I agree. I'm sure everyone displays depression differently. I get lazy and blah, my dad is a chronic pessimist with definite gut issues. What's neat is the day after eating a ton of pizza or drinking etc, I get upset and disgruntled very easily, and am consciously aware of it, yet unable to break "the funk" till I eat something better. A friend of mine called it "the gluten coma", she suggested I eat an apple, and a 15 minutes later I was good as new. Crazy!! It's nearly proof that digestive disturbance and depression are linked.

And yep, this over humifulvate hands down as far as I'm concerned!

Smurfy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung on Sun May 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Smurfy - I'm in the same boat as you with the whole "blah" feeling and no motivation to do anything. After a night of heavy drinking I always get anxiety and feel emotional. Let me know if you find anything that works to increase motivation.

Ordered some morningstar humifulvate, on my last bottle of enzymatic therapy left.

tooyoung

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  itzmecorey on Mon May 16, 2011 12:23 am

I think your better of reducing stress and taking Bovine Colostrum... Its got the Immunoglobin series, Lactoferrin, etc...

itzmecorey

View user profile http://www.coreychmiel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy on Mon May 16, 2011 7:42 am

itzmecorey wrote:I think your better of reducing stress and taking Bovine Colostrum... Its got the Immunoglobin series, Lactoferrin, etc...

Right, I actually have been taking colostrum for exactly 3 months now, and it's fantastic. However, the colostrum and IB77 are serving different functions. My overall diet is really lacking... not fast food, but redundancy of food consumed. I'm probably deficient in quite a few macro's/micro's since the household grocery shopper says "its on sale!" and "well I like it!". This combined with 2 years of braces early on and my share of amalgams, I probably fall very short in the vital nutrient category.

No doubt colostrum is the single best addition I've tried, it has stopped my scalp itch for 2 months and counting now, and really increased my tolerance for wheat stuff.

Smurfy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x on Mon May 16, 2011 7:44 am

Smurfy wrote:
itzmecorey wrote:I think your better of reducing stress and taking Bovine Colostrum... Its got the Immunoglobin series, Lactoferrin, etc...

Right, I actually have been taking colostrum for exactly 3 months now, and it's fantastic. However, the colostrum and IB77 are serving different functions. My overall diet is really lacking... not fast food, but redundancy of food consumed. I'm probably deficient in quite a few macro's/micro's since the household grocery shopper says "its on sale!" and "well I like it!". This combined with 2 years of braces early on and my share of amalgams, I probably fall very short in the vital nutrient category.

No doubt colostrum is the single best addition I've tried, it has stopped my scalp itch for 2 months and counting now, and really increased my tolerance for wheat stuff.

How much colostrum do you take daily?

j87x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy on Mon May 16, 2011 7:46 am

j87x wrote:
Smurfy wrote:

How much colostrum do you take daily?

Nowadays its 1 full scoop (3 grams I think it is?) per day.

Edit: Should specify- half a scoop twice daily.

Smurfy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  itzmecorey on Mon May 16, 2011 1:11 pm

You should really stop colostrum after a few months to give your body a break... It has some growth factors that concern me slightly... Not that 3 months is that long... But particularly EGF is something that concerns me becuase maybe it could create growths in the intestines... Im not sure... But I have heard that is something you should watch for... Other than that Colostrum is LEGIT!

itzmecorey

View user profile http://www.coreychmiel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy on Mon May 16, 2011 7:36 pm

From what I've heard, 6 months is the ideal time to break from it. A lot of digging around showed that benefits are continued up until the 7th month in most. Judging by that, I'm not quite sure how long it would take to fully rebuild the gut wall... probably depends on the severity of it.

But I do see your point about too much of a good thing. If the stuff is intended to solidify a newborns' system, and be taken for the first few days, it's really something to use with caution. Regarding the EGF, I think it takes too much criticism... it's a very valuable substance for repair, and should only be a problem if consumed in huge amounts over a long period of time. I'm sure there's a majority of people who still do damage to their guts, so consistently having EGF in small amounts would be great. Again, just my 2 cents!

I'm sticking this out till the 7 month mark. Some research a while back showed true hair benefits (beyond the cessation of loss that I've experienced) begin to emerge in months 5 and 6 of daily colostrum. I'm excited, and this stuff really is LEGIT!

Smurfy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou on Mon May 16, 2011 9:30 pm

The concentrations of lactoferrin in colostrum products are from what I can read pretty "low", however, would 100% pure lactoferrin (expensive) be helpful?

Misirlou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top