Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Loss Regimen

Edgar Cayce: Crude Oil

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Edgar Cayce: Crude Oil

Post  Silverlin on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:54 pm

Ok, no one on any hair loss forum (that I know of) has tried Edgar Cayce's hair loss treatment. Why? I'm not really sure. Considering people have experimented with putting urine on their hair, I can't see why crude oil would be any worse. I know crude oil supposedly contains benzene (a carcinogen), but does it act as a carcinogen within the oil medium? ancient americans indians used crude oil themselves for thousands of years, that has to account for something. But at the end of the day the most important question is, does this treatment really work? or is it just a hopeful fantasy?

Well I finally bought the stuff myself (just receiving it yesterday from the Baar company) and have done my first application. I'll explain my experience.

I put the crude oil on, and left it on for an hour, (Cayce says to leave it on for a half hour to 45min, but I just took an hour.) The stuff is messy and I found best applied with a dropper (about a teaspoon full or less). Other then the smell, I soon noticed a very subtle heat on my scalp.

After an hour I put about a teaspoon or less of Cayce's alcohol/pine oil/water solution(which really is essential for getting the crude oil out efficiently).

Next I rinsed my hair with water and added the "immortal hair ortho organic shampoo" which I found to be very effective in getting the last residual amount of crude oil out. Usually I notice my hair is dry after using the ortho organic shampoo and so I add some emu oil as a conditioner, but this time my hair felt good enough without it.

Once I was done with that I towel dried my hair and ran my fingers through it. It felt really awesome! My scalp felt very "clean" with zero sebum. My hair felt quite soft, fluffy and full. Though I did notice my scalp had very little moisture in it, not dry, but I liken it to the feeling of getting plenty of sun on the scalp at say the beach.

Next I applied a very minuscule amount(a two finger dab) of the white petroleum jelly mixed with a bit of the alcohol/pine oil/water solution. My hair felt a bit greasy afterwards, but thoroughly moisturised!

I left the vaseline in my hair overnight. In the morning I put a tiny amount of the Cayce's alcohol solution on my scalp to diffuse the vaseline, then washed my hair with the ortho organic shampoo(left on for 2min) followed by some emu oil.

After all that, I can say my hair feels AMAZING. For how much is still there(I'm a norwood 3.5), its the best my hair has ever felt!!! My hair feels thicker, softer, fluffier and I haven't lost 1 hair off my scalp for 24 hours!

Now just to clarify, through lifestyle changes I have stopped my hair loss 99.9%, and have even managed to slightly thickened it up a little. But when i'm stressed or fall out of line with my diet, my hair takes a massive hit.

To conclude this is the best topical I have ever used. Its still extremely early days(been 24 hours since I used it lol)but i'll be doing this treatment about once a week and will report back my results. Edgar Cayce also mentioned using a hand held vibrating device with a suction cup to massage in the crude oil and vaseline, supposedly this being essential for regrowth. I will eventually get around to buying this.

So far I'm extremely pleased, so fingers crossed.

Silverlin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Edgar Cayce: Crude Oil

Post  Silverlin on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:14 am

Just a quick update.

Still so far so good. My seems to feel noticably thicker with my hair feeling stronger as well.

At this stage I'm not entirely following the whole Edgar Cayce protocol (osteopathic adjustments, hair tonic ect) but I will be soon enough.

After 6-8months of following the full treatment I will know whether this treatment actually works not.

Here are the only testimonials I could find from people who have used crude oil

"By: Beth Wofford

In the middle of August 1992, 1 was preparing to go back to work as a migrant recruiter for our local school district. My friendly beautician who had been doing my hair for a couple of years said:
‘Ms. Wofford, did you know you have a bald spot – on the left side, right here?’
‘No,’ I answered, not really concerned. I hardly looked up from my Venture Inward.
She explained, ‘It’s not really very big – about the size of a quarter.’ She did have me look, but with the curlers it was hardly noticeable. My hair was red, thick, and healthy; I had always been blessed with good hair. As a teen and young woman it was my best asset.

I hardly gave it another thought for weeks. Then shampooing my hair one evening in late September I saw the spot and thought to myself – that’s bigger than a quarter; it’s more like a half-dollar – maybe bigger. ‘Hmm, I better get out my Cayce book and see what to do.’ I said, referring to my worn, dog- eared copy of Drugless Therapy. But I was ‘busy busy’ and didn’t.

It was about the middle of October when I got really scared. The bald spot had definitely increased and my mouth felt I open in astonishment. I am losing my hair. I’m going bald! Fear is a tremendous motivator. Suddenly, I found time to do my re- search and order supplies.

Cayce’s recommended treatment was applying Pennsylvania Crude Oil, with non-denatured alcohol rinse; eating a proper diet, especially including potato peelings, cooked or raw; and massaging the scalp – not rubbing, but pushing and pulling.

The first treatment was done the first week of November. The crude oil smelled awful, but it didn’t hurt. I kept it on my head a full hour, although Cayce says a minimum of one-half hour. Rinsing was difficult. To get all the oil out might take as many as five rinses. Sometimes the smell is still there.

I wish I had documented the treatments with the exact dates and times. I know that I started in November applying the oil three times per week. I also know that by December the bald spot had grown wide as my hand over my left temple and going straight back: it looked like the Grand Canyon to me. I had begun to wear scarves to cover up. But before Christmas, I had graduated to a wig; the area could no longer be “combed over.”

I continued the treatments faithfully. By the end of January, after three months of treatments, some little ‘peach fuzz’ appeared. I was so-o-o happy. At first I thought it was just my imagination. I called my family for verification. “is it really growing back?” I asked. They seemed to think it was.

With creativity and imagination, I developed several potato-peeling recipes. In fact, I really learned to like them, especially sautched in peanut oil, with onion, carrots, and celery. I put them on crunchy whole wheat toast, making a sandwich. Yummy!

Closely examining my scalp in March, I found there was definite new hair growth! It was “seeable’! And it was silver gray. Sometime in May I discarded the wig and the scarves. At first, I resented the eight-inch spray of gray, but after many compliments, I began to think it stylish.

My hair growth was complete by July. Too fearful to stop the treatments completely, I just slowed down.

Then a strange thing happened. The gray was coming in red again. Or was it? Before Thanksgiving I could tell for sure it was. By Christmas, 1993, my hair was back to normal, thick, shiny, and red. Only a year ago, I was almost bald and wearing wigs.

I continued treatments off and on all during 1994, perhaps once a month, as a preventative. Now it is March, 1995, and I’ve had no further trouble. It’s as if it never happened, except in my memory.

Now when I hear someone complain that their hair is just awful or they can’t do a thing with it, I gently say “Just be thankful you have hair.” And I mean it!"

"02/09/2010: Linda from San Antonio, Texas writes: “I am female, 58 years old, and I always had thin, fine hair that became thinner as I got older until you could easily see my scalp throught the hair in the front and the crown of my head. About 3 years ago, I started using Pennsylvania crude oil per Edgar Cayce’s protocol and I am still amazed as my hair just gets thicker every month; new growth is constant. I have never had hair like this, even as a child. I was always self-conscious about my hair (vanity?)and used any means possible to make it look thicker; perms, coloring, teasing. I feel great about the way my hair looks for the first time ever (I can remember sending nightly prayers as a child for pretty hair). I just want to tell everyone I see with thinning hair about it! I don’t very often, though, unless asked. I have told several hairdressers so that they could share it with their customers; suprisingly, only one of them showed any interest. There are about 6 recommended steps to the protocol, including an herbal tonic and massaging with petroleum jelly. I started with just the petroleum jelly for financial reasons, and I saw rapid improvement in just a few weeks. Then I added the crude oil and the herbal tonic and I have been using those three since then. I use the oil followed by the petroleum jelly once a week and the tonic once a day. The instructions on his site are clear and you can also see the products if you look on his website for companies who make and sell products made with Edgar Cayce formulas. I had to write because I have used many remedies from this website and I am very grateful that you are here, all of you!! Namaste.”

"12/16/2010: Brooke from Montgomery, Tx, Usa replies: “Yes it works! I don’t even know how long I have been using the crude oil, Vaseline, massage, and shampoos – 15-20 years or so! It has made my hair not fall out but it never changed the appearance. Two months ago, I got the tonic and now my hair is growing faster, it use to be so thin, but now it is thicker, I don’t need to use hair spray anymore either! If I want to curl it, I curl it and it stays curled! It is amazing that for as long as I have studied the Cayce readings (25 years) that I never tried the tonic!! I would suggest it to anyone who is having hair loss. If you start with his remedies right when you notice the hair loss, it would be better. If you wait until it all falls out, it may be too late.
The formula has the following ingredients:Lactated Pepsin, Black Snake Root Extract, Essence of Wild Ginseng, Atomic Iodine, Extract of Liver, and Grain Alcohol. It can be found online or at a health food store.”

Silverlin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Interested to see how this turns out for you. All the reviews are from women though, i wonder if that means anything?

elan164

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:34 am

elan164 wrote:All the reviews are from women though, i wonder if that means anything?

Yeah I noticed that too.

This review may have been from a women, but I'm not sure. I can't find any info on the persons name. The person references "curly shoulder length hair" which would seem to indicate the anonymous person as female. Though it could have been a man, it was the 70s.

"My “plan” to cure my baldness followed this Edgar Cayce regimen:

I. I took Atomidine internally (one drop in a glass of water)
in the morning (at least 30 minutes before I ate anything)
five mornings in a row.

Then on one of the following five days I would massage pure
crude oil into my scalp (only ONE time during the five days
- usually in the evening), using the electrically driven
vibrator with suction cup applicator suggested by E. Cayce.

(I would do this for 45 minutes to 1 hour. I would cleanse
the scalp afterwards with the 20% alcohol solution advised by
Cayce.)

After the five days had passed, I would take Atomidine again
for five days as described above.

And then again, once in the five days following I would
massage the scalp with the pure crude oil, using the vibrator
(45 minutes to 1 hour), then cleansing with the 20% alcohol
solution.

THEN I WOULD REST FOR TWO WEEKS.

Then I would repeat the whole above process again.

NOTE: The crude oil is MESSY but you get used to it.

II. EXERCISES

Twice each day (once in the morning and once at night) I
would perform the Edgar Cayce (1) head and neck exercise,
(2) the catcrawl exercise – much stretching trying to touch
the feet to the head or behind the top of the head, if I
could (10 tries with each foot), and (3) the torso circle
exercise – (15 or so rotations with each hip). All of these
[exercises] are described as promoting glandular activity and
they are all described in Dr. Reilly’s book (Edgar Cayce’s
Handbook to Health Through Drugless Therapy).

III. DIET

(Aside from what I DID eat, I TOTALLY avoided sweets and any
kind of alcoholic beverages.)

MORNINGS

I would eat some kind of whole wheat, whether it be cereal or
bread. When I ate whole wheat bread, I would eat pure peanut
butter with it. (I avoided milk in cereal, opting for water
because Dr. Reilly said that milk is constipating and not
good for athletes who need wind. I am a daily runner and a
basketball player, so I avoided milk.) All I ate was some
kind of whole wheat and that was it.

MID-MORNINGS

I would drink some kind of citrus juice, usually orange or
grapefruit. (I would mix it with lemon or lime juice as
described by Dr. Reilly and Edgar Cayce.)

NOON:

I would eat a LARGE salad WITH GELATIN. The salad would
include lettuce, celery, lots of carrots, tomatoes, onions,
radishes (and sometimes green peppers, green beans, squash,
or beets.) About 20 minutes to 1/2 hour before eating the
salad I would eat a packet of gelatin (Knox) and wash it down
with pure Welch’s grape juice (both are supposed to help the
body assimilate the salad.)

NIGHT:

I would eat another LARGE salad consisting of the items
mentioned above (also preceded by the grape juice and
gelatin.) I would also eat 3 egg yolks from large eggs (only
the yolks) and I would eat the peelings from at least one
Irish potato (Cayce only advised this 3 or 4 times a week,
but I did it nightly anyway). I would also supplement the
salad with at least one protein source such as yogurt or
white meats (turkey, chicken or fish). At least twice a week
I tried to have some kind of seafood such as tuna or shrimp.
These I always ate at the evening meal supplementing the
salad.

IV. SHAMPOO

I used Packer’s Pine Tar shampoo (once a day in the morning
during my shower). I used this in “cake” form as well as
the shampoo form. (I really think that the soap in cake form
works BETTER than the shampoo, but that’s just my opinion.)

V. MASSAGE

Almost every night (after exercising) before turning in, I
would massage my scalp all over either with the fingertips
or with the electric vibrator (attempting to increase
circulation to the scalp).

Also, EVERY morning after getting out of the shower I would
apply Listerine to the deeply receded portions of the scalp
and the front of the forehead. (Cayce only advised this 3 or
4 times a week, but I did it every day.)

VI. ENEMAS

Cayce advised these at least once a month, but I did them
once a week, using an enema bag with a colon tube attached
instead. Cayce also advised that the water be taken in and
expelled three times (twice laying first on right side and
on left side with soda and salt, and once [this time on all
four] with Glyco-Thymoline.

I examined the waters expelled after three times like this
and found that they were still fairly “polluted,” so I did
the Cayce enema suggestion THREE times in succession (or
9 times – taking in water and expelling it.) By the 8th
or 9th water, my system as CLEAN (the water expelled was
nearly clear.)

I strongly advise this part of the Cayce remedy – keep up the
enemas until the water expelled is clear. It’s definitely
NO FUN. I readily admit this, but it will only take about
an hour and a half a week (or a month, depending on how
often you do it) to really cleanse yourself.

This concludes my total treatment plan.

Let me add that for the first month or so this is all (as a
total plan) strange to adjust to, but once it becomes a habit
it doesn’t take very much time. It really isn’t very hard
and anyone who is REALLY serious about his/her hair won’t
mind it very much. You just have to believe that you’re
doing the best possible thing you can for yourself, and
you WILL see results.

RESULTS

The most obvious results are these. Before my hair started
falling out at all, I ALWAYS parted my hair in the middle and
had shoulder length curly hair. (My hair was also very light
brown with shades of red and even blonde in it.) My hair had
gotten so bad that a year ago I had to part the hair on the
side to try to comb over and hid the thin spots. I had cut
my bangs (which were formerly about to my nose) to about an
inch above my eyebrows, and I was having to clip them shorter
and shorter as time passed and the hair got thinner. ALSO,
my hair was losing a lot of its luster and it was turning a
very dark brown – all of the red and blonde and light brown
hair was nowhere to be seen.

After 5 1/2 months of the Cayce plan, I have been able to
grow my bangs back out to the eyebrows. I can easily part my
hair down the middle again and the reddish blonde lightness
is returning to my hair. What more can I ask? I KNOW that
as more time passes the hair will only get thicker and better
looking. (Cayce said to give roughly 6 to 8 months to see
results, so I’ve still got almost another 3 months to go to
see how “complete” my results may REALLY be.) But I am happy
with the results now, even if nothing else ever happens. It
was worth every bit of time, effort, discipline, and money I
put into it.

Source: The A.R.E , 1979"

There also was this small study done way back.

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/holistic_health/data/rebald1.html

Now I wasn't able to readily find info about the genders of people who participated in the study, but nonetheless with 71% showing regrowth, the results look promising. Also I don't know to what extent the participants followed the entire Edgar Cayce protocol. Maybe they just solely relied on the topical treatment? It would seem to indicate that they followed a good deal of the the treatment at the very least

Silverlin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:06 am

I wonder how positive organic coconut oil is on the hair. I was at a BBQ a few days ago and some girl was talking about morrocan oil that she puts in here hair to make it grow faster and longer. I want to experiment soon again I have gotten lazy. I dont know if I have candidam but I want to get rid of it quick whats solutions do you guys suggest.

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Hairbeback - Coconut oil is very positive for hair. For thousands of years the ancient Ayurvedic traditions have regarded coconut oil as highly beneficial for hair loss and regrowth.

Moroccan oil IMO is way over hyped. Use coconut oil and emu oil and your hair will benefit.

Also consuming 1bsp of coconut oil is great maintenance for overall general health. If you have issues with candida overgrowth(as most people do)consuming 3 tbsp of coconut oil would then be ideal.

Silverlin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:11 am

I have organic coconut oil right now I wonder if I should leave it in for like 5 minutes or try a overnight regimen.

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:44 am

Hairbeback, how about a compromise between 5 mins and overnight? Smile Here's my personal take.... keeping hair oil overnight is too hyped, maybe it is more effective for women with long hair. Moreover, overnight oiling is messy, smelly, uncomfortable and tends to subconscious loathing for it Smile After trying out a few approaches, I've settled down with this approach- oil the hair before bathing, and keep the oil in the hair for a duration of 0.5 to 1.5 hours. Half an hour seems to be the minimum to 'feel' that the oil is working, 1 to 1.5 hours is optimum according to me. After that it is a case of diminishing returns. Then wash hair with barely enough shampoo, such that the hair and scalp is not totally stripped of the oil. If we strip off all the oil, then the skin tends to notice absence of oil and tends to activate excess production of oil/ sebum.

-9r5-

9rugrats5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:50 am

Silverlin, the example quoted in your firs post sounds like a case of patch baldness (AA) and is different from the usual balding. AA might be some kind of infection so the crude oil might be effective only for this type of hair loss. I have heard someone say that it is actually the lead present in the leaded gasoline that helps with AA, and when Cayce made his observations unleaded gasoline/ petrol was not in use. So, personally, I think the approach is a bit untested.

best,
-9r5-

9rugrats5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:57 am

Silverlin wrote:
http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/holistic_health/data/rebald1.html

Now I wasn't able to readily find info about the genders of people who participated in the study, but nonetheless with 71% showing regrowth, the results look promising. Also I don't know to what extent the participants followed the entire Edgar Cayce protocol. Maybe they just solely relied on the topical treatment? It would seem to indicate that they followed a good deal of the the treatment at the very least

Maybe I'm interpreting the results differently, but they do not look all that promising to me (wish it were otherwise).

EXTENT OF HAIR REGROWTH NUMBER REPORTING PERCENTAGE
COMPLETE 2 4
CONSDRBL 3 7
MODERATE 8 18
LITTLE 19 42
NONE.. 13 29
TOTALS 45 100

Little or none make it ... very interestingly, 71 percent again!

cheers,
-9r5-

9rugrats5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  masterfree on Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:50 am

the problem is, some aromatherapists recommend PINE oil alone for hair loss. Therefore how will you ever know whether the benefits (if any) are from the crude oil or from the pine oil?

masterfree

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:52 pm

9rugrats5 wrote:Silverlin, the example quoted in your firs post sounds like a case of patch baldness (AA) and is different from the usual balding. AA might be some kind of infection so the crude oil might be effective only for this type of hair loss. I have heard someone say that it is actually the lead present in the leaded gasoline that helps with AA, and when Cayce made his observations unleaded gasoline/ petrol was not in use. So, personally, I think the approach is a bit untested.

best,
-9r5-

The testimonials seem to be all from women, so I agree with you that the chances their hair loss was AA seems to be quite high.

Cayce's observations though had nothing to do with leaded gasoline. The crude oil he recommended was to be unrefined without any additives such as lead.

9rugrats5 wrote:Maybe I'm interpreting the results differently, but they do not look all that promising to me (wish it were otherwise).

Well, the largest percentage consisted of only little regrowth, but any regrowth is as sign of some degree of efficacy. The fact that 71% experienced regrowth at all, from my perspective constitutes the use of the word "promising".

masterfree wrote:the problem is, some aromatherapists recommend PINE oil alone for hair loss. Therefore how will you ever know whether the benefits (if any) are from the crude oil or from the pine oil?

Well I guess the only way to find that out is if someone used just pine oil alone then compared it to that of using just crude oil. I have to say the crude oil would be that much harder to get out of the hair if it wasn't for alcohol/pine oil rinse.

In the end if Edgar Cayce's treatment ends up giving me regrowth, I'm not going to fuss over what it exactly was in the treatment that caused it, I'm just going to continue the treatment.

Silverlin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramekin on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:08 am

So, what's the update Silverlin? Have you noticed any re-growth?

Ramekin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EricBee on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:57 am

Old thread, but I feel it's worth discussing. Any new thoughts on his method? Any one try this for a length of time? Or is it just a waste bumping back into discussion scratch

Eric

EricBee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top