Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

dramatic increase in dreams since iodine supplementation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dramatic increase in dreams since iodine supplementation

Post  theseeker86 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Since beginning iodine supplementation with iodoral I've noticed a huge increase in the amount of dreams i have, i now have one every night when before i hardly had any. I did notice my dreams basically disappear when i was on propecia then i stopped taking it and i never really had many dreams after that but now they just won't stop coming lol. They are the kind of dreams that feel very real and you can remember almost every detail from them when you wake up and i can still recall the ones i had weeks ago.

Has anyone else encountered this since starting iodine? I find it interesting that it had this effect on me.

theseeker86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: dramatic increase in dreams since iodine supplementation

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:29 am

theseeker86 - Finasteride (Propecia) contains a goitrogen (bromide) and it alters neurosteroidgenesis (the creation of important brain hormones).

Here's what the author the book, "Iodine why you need it, why you cannot live without it" (Dr. David Brownstein) has to say, where he mentions vivid dreams.

"When I began testing my patients for iodine levels, I was amazed at the prevalence of iodine deficiency. As previously stated, 94.7% of my patients have tested low for iodine. I have noticed those patients with chronic illnesses, from autoimmune disorders to cancer, often have lower iodine levels as compared to relatively healthy patients. Why would people need the larger doses of iodine? Why have iodine levels fallen 50% in the last 30 years? As I pondered these questions, I came to the conclusion that the toxicity of modern life must be impacting iodine levels. It is well known that the toxic halides, fluoride and bromide, having a similar structure as iodine, can competitively inhibit iodine absorption and binding in the body. As I started to use larger doses of iodine (12.5-50mg/day), I began to see positive results in my patients. Goiters and nodules of the thyroid shrank. Cysts on the ovaries became smaller and began to disappear. Patients reported increased energy. Metabolism was increased as evidenced by my patients having new success in losing weight. Libido improved in men and women. People suffering with brain fog reported a clearing of their foggy feelings. Patients reported having vivid dreams and better sleep. Most importantly, those with chronic illnesses that were having a difficult time improving began to notice many of their symptoms resolving. Iodine/iodide supplementation has markedly improved the course of illness in fibrocystic breasts in almost all of my patients with fibrocystic breast disease. In addition those with breast cancer also improve. Nodules and fibrous changes of the breasts significantly improve in a short time period. I believe that the epidemic of breast disease we are seeing in this country is due, in no small part, to iodine deficiency. Iodine deficiency is wide-spread. The National Health and Nutrition Survey undertaken by the CDC showed iodine levels falling over 50% in the last 30 years. All patients with chronic illness need to be assessed for iodine status."

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:33 am

theseeker86 wrote:Since beginning iodine supplementation with iodoral I've noticed a huge increase in the amount of dreams i have, i now have one every night when before i hardly had any. I did notice my dreams basically disappear when i was on propecia then i stopped taking it and i never really had many dreams after that but now they just won't stop coming lol. They are the kind of dreams that feel very real and you can remember almost every detail from them when you wake up and i can still recall the ones i had weeks ago.

Has anyone else encountered this since starting iodine? I find it interesting that it had this effect on me.

Lucid dreaming is pretty well par for the course, being as iodine decalcifies/detoxifies the very gland responsible for endogenous DMT and melatonin production, the pineal.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Unrealistic on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:44 am

Yes I do dream more but I feel the sleep is overall more restless.

Unrealistic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucky13 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:10 am

I am currently on finasteride and using iodine (2-3 drops a day) and have also noticed that I dream much more often and not regular dreams but extremely vivid and I can actually recall most of the dream after I have awaken.

Lucky13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Unrealistic wrote:Yes I do dream more but I feel the sleep is overall more restless.

REM (dream sleep) is not the deepest sleep- Delta is. There is a common misconception that REM is the deepest. So it is possible that you are not reaching the deep delta state required for restorative sleep.

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FredtheBelgian on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:52 am

Weeeird, I started Kelp (150 mcg a day, just the ridiculous recommended amount lol) this week, and the same thing happened to me, vivid dreams which I can recall when I wake, it had not happened in years Smile
FredtheBelgian

View user profile http://www.fredk.be

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:50 am

FredtheBelgian wrote:Weeeird, I started Kelp (150 mcg a day, just the ridiculous recommended amount lol) this week, and the same thing happened to me, vivid dreams which I can recall when I wake, it had not happened in years Smile

Off topic: Fred I think I saw you on TV Shocked Something happened at a concert in belgium

LOL where you on that concert???!
LittleFighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FredtheBelgian on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:02 am

I've never been to a festival in my life so no I wasn't there. Glad I had exams to redo because I had planned to go to this festival if I passed in June lol Very Happy
FredtheBelgian

View user profile http://www.fredk.be

Back to top Go down

Post  MAO on Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:54 pm

I tried Lugol's iodine before, but stopped it due to fears about using it. I am using it again as per HealthyFixx metal chelation instruction and I am having many multiple dreams and nightmares (on occasion). I enjoy most of the dreams, some seem to be digging quite far into my past and are very interesting/funny sometimes. The dreams can be quite disturbing though and can affect the quality of my sleep due to waking up too frequently. I too have a vivid recollection of some of the dreams.

For all you experienced Iodine users, does this reaction pass?

Regards MAO

MAO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  soccerguy on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:11 am

taking zinc and magnesium too close to bedtime gives me wild vivid dreams. Not sure if its for the same reasons as iodine though.

soccerguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

iodine and dreams

Post  achin70 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:25 am

Ok, well, iodine works to decalcify the pineal gland. Fluoride is naturally drawn to the pineal because it's highly vascularized (a lot of blood flows through the gland). The decalcification of the pineal helps with melatonin production. Melatonin will help with the sleep cycle, but it also helps to produce more DMT (the dream chemical).

The biochemical pathway works like this: tryptophan, 5-HTP, serotonin, melatonin, DMT.

From a spiritual perspective, the thyroid gland is the midpoint between the heavens (the third eye/6th chakra) and the earth (the heart chakra/4th chakra). A better functioning thyroid bridges the gap between the heavens and the earth.

achin70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top