Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Itching all over at night!?! Bacterial? Candida? Histamine?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Itching all over at night!?! Bacterial? Candida? Histamine?

Post  Paradox on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:29 am

I go through periods where I itch at night (usually in bed). It varies in severity and location. It's usually my feet/ankles and scrotum, but when intense can feel like every inch of my body. It literally feels like little bugs are crawling all over me, so I thought maybe it's demodex (bed-bugs). I wash my bed sheets frequently but it doesn't seem to matter much. When I've taken opiates in the past this itching at night is exponentially magnified. I have scratched myself bloody many times on my feet.

Another theory is that it is histamine related but I'm not sure what the implications of that are, or what I can do about it. Antihistamines would slightly help when it was opiate induced, but not much.

Now I'm wondering if it has to do more with candida or some other yeast, fungus, or bacteria? Athlete's foot spray (anti-fungal) relieves it. If it is fungal though- why am I prone to this reoccurring fungal infection. Could it be due to my gut flora? i don't think I have a candida problem right now as I don't exhibit any of the common digestive symptoms, white tongue, etc.

Someone please help me figure this out!

Thanks

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Itching all over at night!?! Bacterial? Candida? Histamine?

Post  nidhogge on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:16 pm

These are demodex mites. Demodex mites are NOT bed bugs. I'e seen a study that found overpopulation of these mites in those with MPB, and a very normal population amongst those who did not. I recommend a good quality seabuckthorn soap, and a good organic shampoo with strong anti-parasitical and bacterial properties. The Ortho Organics shampoo seems to do the trick in that respect for me and others.

On the inside, I believe it is linked to candida and perhaps heavy metals.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Have you tried switching detergents?

tonyj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Nid,

You're right they're not the same as bed bugs, but they have an aversion to light so itching gets worse at night when I'm in bed. That's where I mixed up the two.

I doubt whether it is demodex because according to what I just read they are related to acne and rosacaea which I don't have other than the occasional zit. I used to use seabuckthorn soap and now I use Dr Bronner's castile soap (as shampoo) or avalon organics shampoo with tea tree. Tea tree oil applied to my body used to take care of the itch to a large degree as well. Because there are two types of demodex- 1 in the follicle and 1 in the sebaceous gland, and the itching and crawling feeling is mainly below the neck and on areas of my body that produce the least sebum (driest), I've had doubts about demodex as well.

tonyj,

Yes that thought occurred to me to and I switched to a hypo-allergenic detergent.

I guess I'll just get some more tea tree oil. I was hoping to find an internal solution that was easier than spraying myself with TT oil at night and the bed too on occasion. I was always single when I would do that so there was no one to offend with the smell or wonder what I was spraying all over. Maybe I'll go back to the seabuckthorn soap too.

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:27 pm

Hmm, perhaps you should try the raw food detox that a few others and myself on this forum have done (worked wonders for me!). Here is the link:

http://dherbs.com/store/full-body-detox-p-1.html

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:17 pm

nidhogge wrote:Hmm, perhaps you should try the raw food detox that a few others and myself on this forum have done (worked wonders for me!). Here is the link:

http://dherbs.com/store/full-body-detox-p-1.html

looks interesting. That helped you with itching or demodex specifically. A cleanse for me wouldn't fully be possible because I still take dutasteride and rx meds. I actually wonder if maybe I have too little sebum because of the dutasteride and the "itchy-crawlies" are just from dry skin and added heat from the covers at night? After-all the most sebum is on the face and scalp where I itch the least, and my head isn't covered.

Then again I get the beginning of athletes foot (or at least itching of some kind) if I wear the same socks for 2 days or even maybe 1 day if I sweat a lot- so that leads me back in the fungal direction. It's frustrating really. Opiates trigger it and opiates cause histamine release, so maybe I have normal levels of mites, etc, and just have a stronger reaction to them? I took some quercetin last night before bed and didn't itch too much. the cooler I am, the less itch too. It's kind of a mystery.

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:23 pm

I would say since youre on those meds you NEED to do some cleansing. The one Nid mentioned I did too and I can say it was intense. Might want to go slow with it if you opt for that one. I've done a lot of different types of cleanses and I never had a detox like with that one. I got these sores that appeared on my hand and still haven't completely disappeared (you REALLY have to look close though) almost 3 months later.
I also get the creepy crawly feeling sometimes and it seems to be when my scalp is dried out or if my digestion is backed up.

Yanks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:36 pm

It could also be some neuropathy condition. I used to think I was getting bitten by bedbugs but even after trying everything I still itched at night. So I paid attention to what lead to the itch and noticed that when it was starting to happen I'd lose sensation in my feet first and at the same time get itchy on my nose. I'm still working on eradicating this issue with heavy metal detox and thyroid repair but it's less than it used to be.

Last edited by zerx on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

zerx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:40 pm

Paradox wrote:I go through periods where I itch at night
In a demodex thread on worldhairloss, jdp said potassium levels drop at night causing itching, that could be easily confused with demodex I guess.

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:52 pm

Yanks wrote:I would say since youre on those meds you NEED to do some cleansing. The one Nid mentioned I did too and I can say it was intense. Might want to go slow with it if you opt for that one. I've done a lot of different types of cleanses and I never had a detox like with that one. I got these sores that appeared on my hand and still haven't completely disappeared (you REALLY have to look close though) almost 3 months later.
I also get the creepy crawly feeling sometimes and it seems to be when my scalp is dried out or if my digestion is backed up.

I just lost my original reply. Basically I don't do hard core cleanses because I don't want to speed up the elimination of the drugs. It defeats the purpose taking them in the first place. I don't like being on them, but I am for now. I take the top 6, have done much chelation, minimize sugar, alcohol, eliminated gluten, etc. So next to the average person I'm pretty "clean". Forgot to mention that I don't like being skinny and have a hard time putting on muscle, so I don't like losing weight. I lost a lot of weight when I went off gluten, and when I eliminated sugar completely I looked like a skeleton- freaked me out!

Anyway- yeah I think it may just be dry skin. I mean my skin IS dry. That is the simplest answer. It seems to flare up when I drink though. Then again alcohol is dehydrating. I don't have any symptoms of candida. I almost never have gas. Maybe I overlooked the simplest explanation.

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:58 pm

pancacke wrote:
Paradox wrote:I go through periods where I itch at night
In a demodex thread on worldhairloss, jdp said potassium levels drop at night causing itching, that could be easily confused with demodex I guess.

Interesting - thanks. I started using KCL (potassium chloride) in my shampoo last week, and my scalp feels awesome. Now that I think about it, the itch gets worse when I consume a lot of salt. I think there's something there.

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Here is what jdp said in one post: http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t4495-worldhairlosscom-down#41797
(link to original thread is in the post above)

Foodsensitivities, magnesium, thyroid, adrenals, are factors for potassium levels according to jdp, at least that's what I written down.

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:59 pm

pancacke wrote:Here is what jdp said in one post: http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t4495-worldhairlosscom-down#41797
(link to original thread is in the post above)

Foodsensitivities, magnesium, thyroid, adrenals, are factors for potassium levels according to jdp, at least that's what I written down.

I didn't know about food sensitivities but I did the others. I have adrenal issues and K plays a role for sure.

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:50 pm

Look for "adrenal miracle mix" on curezone or here, I posted it a few times.....

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:15 pm

pancacke wrote:Look for "adrenal miracle mix" on curezone or here, I posted it a few times.....

I'll check it out, but I'm on cortef.

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top