Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Constant State of Shedding

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Constant State of Shedding

Post  helpmyhair1 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:34 am

Some people talk about having times when they are shedding, but I feel like I've been shedding since hairloss started.

I just went to the bathroom sink and gently rubbed my hair for a minute or 2 and there was at least 50 hairs that fell out. 50! Pretty scary sight. Mind you, I have not showered today, but even when I do, there'll still be 20-30 hairs in that sink.

This is really scary because I've been on the IH regimen for close to a year, and my hair has only gotten worse + hairline is moving further back. I find it really hard to cope with as I'm still young (26). I find my levels of stress and depression are not helping either, but hairloss is the whole reason why I'm stressed and depressed in the first place.

I'm gonna post my regimen, hoping to get some assessments from you guys about what else I can do to halt my hairloss, as obviously it is still progressing.

Here is my daily regimen:

Supps:
Curcumin
Resveratrol
Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid
Pure Ecklonia Cava
Decalcify (Magnesium Orotate, Potassium Orotate, Zinc Orotate, Boron Citrate, Vitamin K2)
Ashwaghanda
Vitamin D (in the form of cod liver oil)
Sometimes I take Iodine(lugols 5%) and have experimented with Humifulvate

Topical:
Ortho Organic Shampoo (which I pretty much use as just a shampoo, but once in a while as a topical)

Diet:

I eat pretty healthy. Try to have very little gluten, if any. Trying to lower my refined sugar intake as well. I mostly eat meat and potatoes and veggies. Sometimes rice.

Really needing some help here guys. I know hairloss shouldn't control myself, but its much easier said than done..

helpmyhair1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Adrenal Question..

Post  Decro435 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:23 am

Last edited by Decro435 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Decro435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Constant State of Shedding

Post  pancacke on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:31 am

You have a bunch of antiinflammatories in that mix but you are not adressing the main reason behind inflammation -pathogens your immunesystem trys to kill.
Iodine and metal chelation are so important, you can't do them a little bit, mercury lead and thallium all need to be taken care of. Mercury and lead oxidize everything around including calcium(calcification) and thallium is even worse for your hair.
http://www.noamalgam.com/hairtestbook_thalliumtox.htm
All three are taken care of with cutler protocol.......

Regarding IH shampoo, you should never use soap as a topical for too long. The only topical I can make sense of is one to get rid of germs on the outside, everything else is more effective from the inside.

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JhonPaul on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:37 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:Some people talk about having times when they are shedding, but I feel like I've been shedding since hairloss started.

I just went to the bathroom sink and gently rubbed my hair for a minute or 2 and there was at least 50 hairs that fell out. 50! Pretty scary sight. Mind you, I have not showered today, but even when I do, there'll still be 20-30 hairs in that sink.

This is really scary because I've been on the IH regimen for close to a year, and my hair has only gotten worse + hairline is moving further back. I find it really hard to cope with as I'm still young (26). I find my levels of stress and depression are not helping either, but hairloss is the whole reason why I'm stressed and depressed in the first place.

I'm gonna post my regimen, hoping to get some assessments from you guys about what else I can do to halt my hairloss, as obviously it is still progressing.

Supps:
Curcumin
Resveratrol
Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid
Pure Ecklonia Cava
Decalcify (Magnesium Orotate, Potassium Orotate, Zinc Orotate, Boron Citrate, Vitamin K2)
Ashwaghanda

Topical:
Ortho Organic Shampoo (which I pretty much use as just a shampoo, but once in a while as a topical)

Diet:

I eat pretty healthy. Try to have very little gluten, if any. Trying to lower my refined sugar intake as well. I mostly eat meat and potatoes and veggies. Sometimes rice.

Really needing some help here guys. I know hairloss shouldn't control myself, but its much easier said than done..

Try consulting an expert surgeon of hair, he would be able to guide you well. Else if you are feed up of taking advices simply go for and get hair grafted on your head in order to say an end to hair fall for good.

JhonPaul

View user profile http://www.elixir.org.pk/

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:44 am

Okay so, so far, I am getting recommendations on adrenal fatigue, stress, and chelation. Keep going folks.. much appreciated!

helpmyhair1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:06 am

Here is a simple way to start:
Always be conscious how your scalp feels and when you get inflamed take a curcumin capsule and see if it stops. If you expirience inflammation like 5 times a day where curcumin or something else helps look if you can split the curcumin and still get relief.
Also if your scalp is in a bad condition, dry, oily, infected or clogged etc. this is what your are looking to solve first.

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodThings on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:59 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:Some people talk about having times when they are shedding, but I feel like I've been shedding since hairloss started.

Supps:
Curcumin
Resveratrol
Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid
Pure Ecklonia Cava
Ashwaghanda

Topical:

Diet:

Hey man,
I know how you feel. Things will get better. I took a look at your regimen. Curcumin and Resveratrol did not help me at all. In fact, it caused further shedding. I went back to my old regimen of 7hmr and maca. Shedding stopped. Volume increased.

Honestly, try not to think about your hair. If it stays, it stays. If it doesn't, it doesn't. There is not much you can do.

Last edited by GoodThings on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : shedding, not thinning)

GoodThings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodThings on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:04 am

I second pancake. Please take iodine. I take at least 20 drops every day (2%). Wanna try 50 drops though... Very Happy

GoodThings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:03 am

Do you have dandruff, toenail fungus, or bad breath?
droddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:42 am

Hey Danny, good to see you back on the forum. Just noticed the new sig, are you a raw foodie now? What's the story behind eggshells, is that just for calcium?

sdguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:07 am

sdguy wrote:Hey Danny, good to see you back on the forum. Just noticed the new sig, are you a raw foodie now? What's the story behind eggshells, is that just for calcium?

Thanks sdguy,

I'm not a raw-nazi, but I do consume a good amount of raw foods (fruit, meat, eggs). More about hair and less about ideology or an "idea" about diet (paleo, raw, etc.)

That being said, last night I made gummy bears (sucrose, cherries, gelatin), which is far from raw, but good for hair!

Eggshells is indeed for calcium. High dietary calcium (with cofactors K, D, A) modulates the parathyroid glands, which decreases prolactin, inflammation, etc.
droddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:29 am

I like the idea of the gummy bear hair loss plan, maybe we can throw a pinch of resveratrol in there and charge $20/pound. Wink I'm doing bone broth right now, partially for digestion and partially because Ray says it's good to consume with muscle meat, but would rather just take gelatin if it weren't so expensive. What's your source?

sdguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:34 am

sdguy wrote:I like the idea of the gummy bear hair loss plan, maybe we can throw a pinch of resveratrol in there and charge $20/pound. Wink I'm doing bone broth right now, partially for digestion and partially because Ray says it's good to consume with muscle meat, but would rather just take gelatin if it weren't so expensive. What's your source?

lol,

I don't want to take over this dudes thread, but when I'm too lazy to make bone broth, I'll purchase Great Lakes Gelatin off Amazon. I don't eat that much (0-20 grams a day) and really only eat it when I make weird shit (gummy bears).
droddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:05 am

One last OT post Danny, what's the difference between store-bought gummy bears and the ones you're making at home? Just the artificial colors and flavors? PM me a recipe if you have it handy.

sdguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cassanova on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:25 pm

droddy wrote:Do you have dandruff, toenail fungus, or bad breath?

Droddy, why are you asking if he has these symptoms? Is there a correlation with these and hairloss? Im curious because I have a bad case of toe nail fungus and bad breath developed recently.

cassanova

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:21 pm

cassanova wrote:

Droddy, why are you asking if he has these symptoms? Is there a correlation with these and hairloss? Im curious because I have a bad case of toe nail fungus and bad breath developed recently.

Here's a pretty good overview of how bad breath is caused by oral pathology:
http://www.breath-care.com/cause.html

During the last several months I've rarely had morning breath, and when it happens it's fairly mild. Plaque formation has decreased significantly. I remember a couple years ago eating bananas gave me really terrible breath, but yesterday I had like 5 bananas and my breath remained fine.

I've been having raw honey everyday, and the anti-microbial compounds in the honey might be improving my general oral health (ie., inhibiting the formation of biofilms on the teeth).

Another possibility is that I've been shifting closer and closer to the GAPS diet over the last 6-12 months (knowingly only during the last month), and it's possible that general improvements in intestinal health might be the cause of the improvements in my breath.

I think bad breath is also caused by gases generated in the intestines through putrefaction of carbohydrates. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the gases can enter the blood stream and then cause bad breath. Don't quote me on this though.

I've noticed less body odor too, even though my feet still smell a bit.

It sounds gross, but I can seriously go weeks without showering and still smell fine (or so I think, lol). Haven't heard any complaints from my roommate yet.
mphatesmpb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy on Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:54 pm

sdguy wrote:One last OT post Danny, what's the difference between store-bought gummy bears and the ones you're making at home? Just the artificial colors and flavors? PM me a recipe if you have it handy.

I'm still perfecting the recipe, but when it's ready I promise I'll share.

It's basically just gelatin, water, fruit juice, and sugar. I've made a couple different batches, but none of them were perfect. It's nice to have on hand to snack on before bed.
droddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:00 pm

cassanova wrote:

As you know cassanova gut health has huge implications on hair health. Bad breath, toenail fungus, and dandruff can be possible signs of bacterial overgrowths in the small intestine.

Peat explains that we have allergens in our guts that constantly being processed by the liver. A lowered metabolic rate however, increases absorption of endotoxin (also called lipopolysaccharide) hampering the liver, increasing serotonin, cortisol, estrogen, and prolactin.

A carrot salad with a little vinegar and coconut oil in the morning is a great way to reduce endotoxin. It works like a natural antibiotic.
droddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:11 pm

t's basically just gelatin, water, fruit juice, and sugar. I've made a couple different batches, but none of them were perfect. It's nice to have on hand to snack on before bed.

Out of curiosity, are the ones you make actually shaped like bears?
mphatesmpb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  droddy on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:16 pm

mphatesmpb wrote:

t's basically just gelatin, water, fruit juice, and sugar. I've made a couple different batches, but none of them were perfect. It's nice to have on hand to snack on before bed.

Out of curiosity, are the ones you make actually shaped like bears?

I wish. I just put them a glass container and make little squares out of them.
droddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:30 pm

Darn. I suppose a more appropriate name would be gummy squares, lol.
mphatesmpb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:10 am

No dandruff or toenail fungus, but i do have bad breath now and again.

helpmyhair1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chicflic on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:24 am

Helpmyhair, I don't see magnesium listed as one of your supplements, but you might want to add it on for antiinflammatory reasons. There's lots out there on magnesium, but here's a good one from an author I like:

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/uncategorized/magnesium-and-inflammation/

And another of his:

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/inflammation/krill-oil-and-inflammation/

Also, men don't have to be concerned with it as much, unless they are taking a lot of chelators or have poor absorption, but get your ferritin checked. There is an association between lower ferritin levels and higher DHT. Low iron loss looks a lot like AGA pattern loss. You might want to also check your thyroid levels. Anyway, with constant, nonstop shedding, I would look at ferritin and get it up over 125 at the minimum.

AG
chicflic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:44 am

chicflic wrote:Helpmyhair, I don't see magnesium listed as one of your supplements, but you might want to add it on for antiinflammatory reasons. There's lots out there on magnesium, but here's a good one from an author I like:

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/uncategorized/magnesium-and-inflammation/

And another of his:

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/inflammation/krill-oil-and-inflammation/

Also, men don't have to be concerned with it as much, unless they are taking a lot of chelators or have poor absorption, but get your ferritin checked. There is an association between lower ferritin levels and higher DHT. Low iron loss looks a lot like AGA pattern loss. You might want to also check your thyroid levels. Anyway, with constant, nonstop shedding, I would look at ferritin and get it up over 125 at the minimum.

AG

There is Magnesium in Decalcify which I take.. which is part of the IH supp line.

I have krill oil, but I felt like it was causing inflammation at one point so I stopped and so did inflammation, but I can't be sure that that was the cause. Maybe I'll reintroduce it.. thoughts?

I've had blood tests done recently and my doc said nothing was out of the ordinary.. but who really trusts doctors these days Razz

helpmyhair1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cassanova on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:33 am

droddy wrote:
cassanova wrote:

As you know cassanova gut health has huge implications on hair health. Bad breath, toenail fungus, and dandruff can be possible signs of bacterial overgrowths in the small intestine.

Peat explains that we have allergens in our guts that constantly being processed by the liver. A lowered metabolic rate however, increases absorption of endotoxin (also called lipopolysaccharide) hampering the liver, increasing serotonin, cortisol, estrogen, and prolactin.

A carrot salad with a little vinegar and coconut oil in the morning is a great way to reduce endotoxin. It works like a natural antibiotic.

Thanks Droddy, Ive been real busy with work lately and not much time to be here. I think i missed out on the gummy topic. Can you explain to me how gummy bears or squares beneifit health/hairloss?

cassanova

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top