Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Constant State of Shedding

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Constant State of Shedding

Post  abc123 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:39 am

JohnnyG wrote:I tried following Ray peat diet guidelines for about a month, ended up with horrible acne, dandruff and increased shedding,
my daily diet usually consisted of 32oz of orange juice(without pulp), watermelons, cantaloups, mangos, bananas, 16oz of whole milk, powdered gelatin, eggs and small amount of muscle meat.
I did noticed some benefits, mainly increased energy and libido, but the acne and dandruff were too much to handle.

My acne basically vanished when I started eating liver for vitamin A.

abc123

Posts: 1130
Join date: 2010-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Constant State of Shedding

Post  JohnnyG on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:53 pm

abc123 wrote:
JohnnyG wrote:I tried following Ray peat diet guidelines for about a month, ended up with horrible acne, dandruff and increased shedding,
my daily diet usually consisted of 32oz of orange juice(without pulp), watermelons, cantaloups, mangos, bananas, 16oz of whole milk, powdered gelatin, eggs and small amount of muscle meat.
I did noticed some benefits, mainly increased energy and libido, but the acne and dandruff were too much to handle.

My acne basically vanished when I started eating liver for vitamin A.

I do eat 6-8oz of beef liver once a week, do you eat it raw or cooked?
droddy wrote:

Hey Johnny,

I wrote an article on this, it may or may not have happened to you when you experimented with Peat's ideas. Peat has stated that Vitamin A is rapidly utilization when there is an increase in metabolism.

Vitamin A+Cholesterol+Thyroid=Hormones

If you're low on vitamin A when you began the protocol, you were making pulling from vitamin A reserves that weren't there, resulting in dandruff and acne, two symptoms that are synonymous with vitamin A deficiency.

Very interesting blog, I'm a little bit confused about the eggs consumption, I remember Peat saying that we should limit the amount of eggs to about 1-2 per day because of the pufa content(0.5g omega 6 per egg).



JohnnyG

Posts: 48
Join date: 2011-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Constant State of Shedding

Post  droddy on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:32 pm

JohnnyG wrote:
abc123 wrote:
JohnnyG wrote:I tried following Ray peat diet guidelines for about a month, ended up with horrible acne, dandruff and increased shedding,
my daily diet usually consisted of 32oz of orange juice(without pulp), watermelons, cantaloups, mangos, bananas, 16oz of whole milk, powdered gelatin, eggs and small amount of muscle meat.
I did noticed some benefits, mainly increased energy and libido, but the acne and dandruff were too much to handle.

My acne basically vanished when I started eating liver for vitamin A.

I do eat 6-8oz of beef liver once a week, do you eat it raw or cooked?
droddy wrote:

Hey Johnny,

I wrote an article on this, it may or may not have happened to you when you experimented with Peat's ideas. Peat has stated that Vitamin A is rapidly utilization when there is an increase in metabolism.

Vitamin A+Cholesterol+Thyroid=Hormones

If you're low on vitamin A when you began the protocol, you were making pulling from vitamin A reserves that weren't there, resulting in dandruff and acne, two symptoms that are synonymous with vitamin A deficiency.

Very interesting blog, I'm a little bit confused about the eggs consumption, I remember Peat saying that we should limit the amount of eggs to about 1-2 per day because of the pufa content(0.5g omega 6 per egg).



Interesting, the only other thing could be lack of zinc. Vitamin A won't do anything if there isn't enough zinc around, that's why Peat likes supplemental shellfish like oysters.

Thank you. I consume raw eggs for the vitamin A because I fucking HATE liver. I'm not worried about the pufa content from pastured eggs, too many benefits.

droddy

Posts: 252
Join date: 2011-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Constant State of Shedding

Post  JohnnyG on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:50 pm

droddy wrote:
JohnnyG wrote:
abc123 wrote:
JohnnyG wrote:I tried following Ray peat diet guidelines for about a month, ended up with horrible acne, dandruff and increased shedding,
my daily diet usually consisted of 32oz of orange juice(without pulp), watermelons, cantaloups, mangos, bananas, 16oz of whole milk, powdered gelatin, eggs and small amount of muscle meat.
I did noticed some benefits, mainly increased energy and libido, but the acne and dandruff were too much to handle.

My acne basically vanished when I started eating liver for vitamin A.

I do eat 6-8oz of beef liver once a week, do you eat it raw or cooked?
droddy wrote:

Hey Johnny,

I wrote an article on this, it may or may not have happened to you when you experimented with Peat's ideas. Peat has stated that Vitamin A is rapidly utilization when there is an increase in metabolism.

Vitamin A+Cholesterol+Thyroid=Hormones

If you're low on vitamin A when you began the protocol, you were making pulling from vitamin A reserves that weren't there, resulting in dandruff and acne, two symptoms that are synonymous with vitamin A deficiency.

Very interesting blog, I'm a little bit confused about the eggs consumption, I remember Peat saying that we should limit the amount of eggs to about 1-2 per day because of the pufa content(0.5g omega 6 per egg).



Interesting, the only other thing could be lack of zinc. Vitamin A won't do anything if there isn't enough zinc around, that's why Peat likes supplemental shellfish like oysters.

Thank you. I consume raw eggs for the vitamin A because I fucking HATE liver. I'm not worried about the pufa content from pastured eggs, too many benefits.

You were right, I picked up some liquid zinc today to do the zinc taste test, and it turned out I have a major zinc deficiency, even after consuming red meat almost every day in the last year or so, I guess the RDA for zinc is way too low.
its time for some oysters!

JohnnyG

Posts: 48
Join date: 2011-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Constant State of Shedding

Post  mphatesmpb on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:44 pm


You were right, I picked up some liquid zinc today to do the zinc taste test, and it turned out I have a major zinc deficiency, even after consuming red meat almost every day in the last year or so, I guess the RDA for zinc is way too low.
its time for some oysters!

I've noticed that getting enough zinc is pretty difficult since it's not found in many foods. I have a feeling that zinc and magnesium deficiencies are more widespread than the RDAs suggest.

Also, you lose about 3-5mg of zinc in one ejaculation.

mphatesmpb

Posts: 621
Join date: 2010-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Constant State of Shedding

Post  droddy on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:26 am

[quote="mphatesmpb"]

Also, you lose about 3-5mg of zinc in one ejaculation.

Bingo!

Peat has also mentioned that zinc is rapidly utilized when thermogenic compounds (protein, sugar, calcium, salt) are consumed.

droddy

Posts: 252
Join date: 2011-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Constant State of Shedding

Post  JohnnyG on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:50 pm

I couldn't find any fresh oysters where I live, but I did bought some canned oysters, is it still good?
Also I just started to add fruits again to my diet, no dairy yet but so far so good, skin is still clear even after eating 2 large watermelon a day Smile
Btw do you think i'ts necessary to eliminate potatoes completely?
Thanks!

JohnnyG

Posts: 48
Join date: 2011-09-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum