Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Cool DIY liposomal C recipe

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cool DIY liposomal C recipe

Post  whodathunkit on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:40 am

I was taking liposomal C from LivOn Labs and then got to thinking about how beneficial it would be topically, since it is so bioavaiable. Decided I didn't want to put the LivOn product on my face, however, as it has a very thick, sticky consitency and also there's ethyl alcohol in it.

So I did some research and came across this awesome recipe for DiY liposomal C.

http://www.pdazzler.com/archives/62

It works very, very well. I've only been using it a few days but can tell the difference in my skin. I've gotten a few compliments in the past couple days, too, which hasn't happened in quite a while. I've never gotten these kinds of results with the strictly water-based C serums I've made, let alone results this fast.

The recipe is every bit as easy to make as it seems. Renders about 12 oz. of serum. I doubled the amount of C and left out the baking soda since I won't be taking mega-doses internally, and any topical concoction made with l-ascorbic acid needs to be low pH for maximum efficacy.

I'm also taking it internally, just not mega-dosing. A teaspoon or two per day.

If anyone is interested in experimenting with mega-doses of liposomal C, this is definitely the most cost effective way to go.

whodathunkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cool DIY liposomal C recipe

Post  4039 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:31 pm

The DIY method works great best for lipophilic supplements with low bioavailability. Liposomal gluthatione is also amazing. Just make sure you are using pharmaceutical grade with oral ingestion and keep any batches refrigerated. I also use distilled water. Amazing stuff and very easy to make with some time and effort.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Been making my own C for a few months now. Super cheap to do. I might try to make liposomal piracetam + choline next (nootropics).

j87x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:49 pm

j87x wrote:Been making my own C for a few months now. Super cheap to do. I might try to make liposomal piracetam + choline next (nootropics).

Cool j87x. I'd be extremely curious as to your results. I have been getting adventurous with diy liposomes myself. BTW you can purchase high-quality pharmaceutical grade Setria L-Glutathione (with no fillers) for a decent price @ Swanson's. Just open up the capsules, and you are good to go. Smile

Researchers Achieve Cancer-Killing Effect With Oral-Dose Vitamin C
In an overlooked study first published in 2008, for the first time, using a special liposomal form of oral-dose vitamin C, researchers in Britain demonstrated it is possible to achieve cancer-killing blood concentrations of this vitamin without undesirable side effects....
http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi144.html

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:37 am

I think the possibilities for home made liposomal concoctions are endless. Think resveratrol or curcuminoids would Jenifer greatly by being liposomal. Also other things like certain enzymes such as serrapeptase could possibly benefit from this as well.

hapyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:07 pm

4039 wrote:
Cool j87x. I'd be extremely curious as to your results. I have been getting adventurous with diy liposomes myself. BTW you can purchase high-quality pharmaceutical grade Setria L-Glutathione (with no fillers) for a decent price @ Swanson's. Just open up the capsules, and you are good to go. Smile

As far as results go, I haven't noticed anything other than I haven't been sick in a long time, although I am taking a whole ton of other vitamins along with it. I will be very curios to see if I catch anything this winter. As for glutathion, is that for boosting the immune system? I believe EGCG boosts glutathion levels.

j87x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:48 am

Thanks a lot for posting this!

happyman - Looks like curcumin+resveratrol does benefit greatly when they are taken using this method:
"Trans-Resveratrol, like Curcumin causes apoptosis (cancer cell death), is fat soluble and extremely difficult to absorb. Studies show Liposomal Resveratrol reaching the blood stream at 10 to 20 times the levels of regular oral administration."
It's from the same site: http://www.pdazzler.com/archives/1005 - This article is titled: Combination Liposomal contains Vitamin C, Resveratrol and Curcumin.

Last edited by mihai on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added new infos)

dreft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lavender on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:28 am

great post and definitely worth atry

lavender

View user profile http://essentialoilsweb.com/coconut-oil-for-hair/

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Fantastic post, thank you for sharing this with us!

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft on Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:49 pm

It gets even better:
"Another popular application for topical liposomes is in prevention of hair loss and hair regrowth. SOD along with Minoxidil® and Retin-A® among other compounds have been incorporated into liposomes for such applications. This is another active area of research in which new compounds are frequently being shown to affect hair growth and liposomes have long been known to deliver compounds to the hair follicle making them an obvious choice for enhancing the delivery and maintaining a sustained release of these new compounds to the site of action for many molecules."

The text abote is from encapsula.com site. They are:
Supplier of hundreds of liposome formulations for research laboratories in universities
Research and development services for new liposomal formulations
Large scale liposome manufacturer for food and nutraceutical companies

I don't know if it's feasible for Nid and CS, but I would surely love to see the Ortho-Nutrition line having liposomal products, especially since there doesn't seem to be that much competiton at the moment (I only found a single manufacturer on iherb selling liposomal curcumin and resveratrol (as two different products))

dreft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:17 am

Liposomal likely surpasses even IV administration as a delivery mechanism. In a pinch, you can order from Let's Talk Health, for quality liposomal formulas that are less expensive than other sellers.

They manufacture such formulations as:
Glutathione/CoQ10/Vitamin C
Glutathione/Vitamin C/Echinacea/Zinc
Glutathione/Resveratrol/Curcumin/CoQ10/Vitamin C
Glutathione/Resveratrol/Curcumin/Milk Thistle/Ashwagandha/Green Tea

http://www.letstalkhealth.com/Liposomal-s/32.htm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:30 am

4039 wrote:Liposomal likely surpasses even IV administration as a delivery mechanism. In a pinch, you can order from Let's Talk Health, for quality liposomal formulas that are less expensive than other sellers.

They manufacture such formulations as:
Glutathione/CoQ10/Vitamin C
Glutathione/Vitamin C/Echinacea/Zinc
Glutathione/Resveratrol/Curcumin/CoQ10/Vitamin C
Glutathione/Resveratrol/Curcumin/Milk Thistle/Ashwagandha/Green Tea

http://www.letstalkhealth.com/Liposomal-s/32.htm

4039 - Thank you for the link!
I will try liposomal C, for resveratrol+curcumin I will stick with nid's supps for the moment.
Does anyone know what the phospholipids actually are, and in what quantities?...For example, for the LivOn Vit C they are displaying as ingredients:
Vitamin C (as sodium ascorbate) 1,000 mg 1,666%
Essential Phospholipids (EPL) 1.0 g

...without specifying what EPL actually are and in what quantities. For example: phosphatidylserine 200mg, phosphatidycholine 800 mg?

Thank you in advance

dreft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serge on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:17 pm

I just ordered my Ultrasonic cleaner and lecithin. I am going to do multiple experiments with this after my first couple of batches of vitamin C with Rutin. I’m thinking a whole-food liposomal “multivitamin” would be pretty powerful-- maybe liposomal desiccated liver. I also want to do liposomal experimentation with Modified Citrus Pectin, Lugol’s iodine, and Ecklonia Cava/Anti-Oxidant Boost.

I’ve heard nothing but fantastic things when it comes to Nano-encapsulation.

Serge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:19 pm

I'm interested in doing this myself when I get some free time, keep us posted Serge!

sdguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:35 am

I just made this, tastes pretty good. What are people taking for dosage? So far ive taken 6 tbsp (90ml). Is there an upper limit i shouldn't go past? Doesn't seem like you can gauge through bowel tolerance like taking ascorbic acid.

elan164

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum