Natural Hair Loss Regimen
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Loss Regimen

What's the Strongest Anti-inflammatory Pill or Combo? (OT?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's the Strongest Anti-inflammatory Pill or Combo? (OT?)

Post  takingaction on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:25 pm

I should be taking a prescription antinflammatory for a while to calm down TMJ, but I react badly to at least two popular OTC anti-inflammatory meds. Is there a very strong natural anti-inflammatory or combo thereof that doesn't significantly thin the blood? I already take a bunch of anti-inflammatory supplements, including turmeric/resveratrol, ginger, and garlic. (Not quercetin, which I was thinking of adding.) Obviously my regimen hasn't prevented the TMJ, though I probably would have it anyway (body made of cr*p). By the way, my TMJ treatment is not just meds, so let's not derail the topic with advice about that.

No, this isn't for hair, but you never know - maybe a maximum strength cocktail would help some people with that.

takingaction

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's the Strongest Anti-inflammatory Pill or Combo? (OT?)

Post  pancacke on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:05 pm

turmeric/curcumin, bromelain, quercetin, msm, serrapeptase, zapper

bromelain has blood thinning properties, don't know about the others...

pancacke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Thanks. Turmeric, reserveratrol, and quercetin are all listed as having some blood thinning properties. (And I use MSM, too.) I could change strategies, temporarily cut back on the some of the supplements while taking a NSAID, and see what happens.

takingaction

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:14 pm

I'm currently doing Curcumin, EGCG, Bromelain, Quercetin, and lots of Garlic. It seems to be
having a great effect.

Also, whenever I eat one of my sensitive foods (unfortunately find it very difficult to avoid them)
and feel that scalp inflammation, I pour a glass of water with a teaspoon of lemon juice, a teaspoon of turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Obviously it doesn't mix the best,
but if you just stir vigorously and chug it quickly it goes down alright. Anyhow, I notice this having an effect within five minutes.

AS54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery on Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:52 am

As CS will tell you inflammation is one of the key causes of hair loss.

# 1 - Quiet your mind, Without a quiet mind, you ARE on fire... internally.

# 2 - yes all of these work, especially garlic and ginger (G & G). Next try eating raw dandelions and kale, or juicing them with cliantro and parsley, cucumber and celery, and G & G

# 3 - only eat what grows. Cows grow, vegetables grow - but orange juice (rivers) dont etc.

If ever anyone offers you prescription meds, look at their hair, their gut and see if they can do handstand pressups in their mid 40's? If their answers to these questions do not impress you - LEAVE.

M

Mastery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:06 pm

takingaction wrote:I should be taking a prescription antinflammatory for a while to calm down TMJ, but I react badly to at least two popular OTC anti-inflammatory meds. Is there a very strong natural anti-inflammatory or combo thereof that doesn't significantly thin the blood? I already take a bunch of anti-inflammatory supplements, including turmeric/resveratrol, ginger, and garlic. (Not quercetin, which I was thinking of adding.) Obviously my regimen hasn't prevented the TMJ, though I probably would have it anyway (body made of cr*p). By the way, my TMJ treatment is not just meds, so let's not derail the topic with advice about that.

No, this isn't for hair, but you never know - maybe a maximum strength cocktail would help some people with that.

TMJ is best treated usually by dealing with interference fields, ala neural therapy. Would seek out a physician who is familiar with this and to seek the treatment.

The pain from TMJ triggers sensory nerve fibers, which is a neuropathic pain, and you could try topical cayenne on the face which will help dull the pain while waiting to seek treatment.

CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hoppipolla on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:26 pm

The best anti-inflammatory is probably omega 3 lol

Best thing is probably to correct your omega 3/6 ratio (should be 1:1 or 1:2), get lots of vitamin D3 and not stress too much ^^

hoppipolla

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:49 pm

The dentist explained that nerves get irritated. Also, I do take a healthy amount of vitamin D and get the correct ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6. I still haven't decided what to do, but I have another appointment next week.

takingaction

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top