Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products

Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Fixing Persistent Side Effects of Propecia? Can anyone help me?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fixing Persistent Side Effects of Propecia? Can anyone help me?

Post  bryce54 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi Everyone.

I'm 23 male and I took propecia when I was 20 and since that time, I've had low libido. In the last 6 months, my side effects have gotten worse and I get things such as numb penis, shrunken testicles, testicle pain on certain foods, varicelle, screwed up sleep, amoung others.

The funny thing about this problem is that I can reverse msot of the side effects when I eat a diet of only vegetables and fish... which I'm still not sure what's going on. I relate to finasteride inducing some kind of food allergies on my system (which I got tested, found out I had a bunch of food allergies) and those allergies blocking DHT/test or some combination of it, I don't really know. It's pretty taxing though eating only vegetables and meat (basically, no carbs)

I read about someone on this forum taking iodine and lifing weights and it helped their problem. Unforuntely, I can't lift weights because of an injury, but I have heard of iodine before and wasn't sure if it could help or not...

I just wanted to know if anyone else had any other information on this problem that they could share with me that maybe the propeciahelp.com forum doesn't realize because it seems you guys know a lot about hair loss type stuff.

Also, this should be a clear sign that if you are thinking about taking it.. AVOID IT!!

Cheers.

bryce54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fixing Persistent Side Effects of Propecia? Can anyone help me?

Post  bryce54 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:46 pm

As I've been reading through the threads on here, I wanted to add a little bit more information if anyone can help me.

i took propecia for one month and i got off it because i had testicle pain, then i had low libido, then 6 months ago my symptoms got worse which include all the things above i talked about ( i have been off propecia for about 2 years at this point)

I take about 10k-30k iu vitamin d3/day and that has seemed to really help my mood a lot.

when i take digestive enzymes with a veggie/fish diet + vitd +codliveroil + walking, my hair starts falling out like wild fire.

i also take probiotics every day which helps.

cod liver oil has also helped me a lot and i do that everyday. cod liver oil has made me start dreaming again, but i still don't dream taht well, sometimes good, sometimes bad.. i used to not dream at all.. ive read iodine can help with dreams, but i erad a post by someone who said iodine gave them problems with their heart and i know i had racing heart from MSG, so i may not be comfortable with doing this.

some itneresting things happen when I take certain herbs..
for example, when I take rosemary herb, my penis went numb in about 10 mins. just ilke no feeling, never had that happened before. same thing with vitamin e, it causes my penis to go numb. teas like green tea, black tea cause my penis to go numb as well.

the only thing i can attribute this to is that all things that cause my penis go numb decrease nitric oxide in my body.

Soy causes my testicles to ache. So do many fruits if i eat them everyday. like apples if i eat everyday for 2 or 3 days my testicles ache.

whenever i eat sugary products, my penis gets "hard flaccid" and my penis will shrink into my body like a turtle.. the hard flaccid also a problem that happens whenever i masturbate, which is why i have been trying to limit it as much as possible.. its where my body has blood in my penis, even though not had an erection, which is why nitric oxide is on my mind as a main culprit here

i also barely sweat anymore, i used to sweat a lot and now i onyl sweat if i do a lot of cardio, my palms are dry, they used to always be damp

it's like anything that would help fix the problem, actually do the opposite.

i also have high estrogen. TSH that is over the range (hypo?).

thats pretty much where i'm at at this point. like i said, if i cheat my diet, my penis starts to go numb and my testicles shirnk dramatatically. i just went to whole foods so i'm starting a new extreme diet starting today to help clear up the problems of thanksgiving and just being lazy and not going on the diet.

i get burning in my perineum when i take B12.

my best bet at this point is like i said, allergies specifically effecting 5AR2 or leaky gut being the main culprit.

if anyone can help me with looking at these or helping me trying to figure this out.. it would be greatly apprecaited. the propeciahelp forum, while useful, is mostly dedicated to finding something to prescribe to get a cure and tahts not an option i'm willing to take. the natural route got me a lot better... i used to wake up like clockwork every 5 hours in the night, but have fuond i still wake up feeling tired and not really rested.

i pretty much now realize AYNTHINg that decreases estrogen or nitric oxide causes me a negative side effect.

thanks for taking the time to read this...
i've copied and pasted the followign herbs that i will investigate more through the research i did on this forum:

ecklonia cava, aceytl-l cartenine, pycnogenol, calcium fructorate, alpha lipoic acid, brewers yeast, alcar

not sure if those will help or not, but possibly if someone could chime in with whats going on in my state, how i might react to it?

i also want to say that i have gotten full stool analysis, no yeast or fungal infections as well, even though i broke out in a yeast skin rash in the past on my inner theigh, and after i took propecia 2 years ago, i started getting red dots in my inner legs. i also seem to be developing dry skin on my back/on my penis when i have a bad diet... eeeek, gotta get back on that leaky gut diet asap.

that was very long.. sorry about that. just hoping some of your knowledge can further point me in the right direction. i feel like i have some nutritional definciency that is stopping, so if anyone knows something i should test for that maybe can more clearly point me in the right direction.. cheers.

bryce54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft on Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:21 pm

I also took propecia about 2 years with pauses, and I quit because of the side effects. But it was not low libido and they all subsided after quitting. What seems to match your situation is the fact that even after, I think 2 years since I quit, if I take any sort of DHT inhibitor (green tea, saw palmetto, fin, ...) I have again the same side-effects I had when I was on propecia. So it seems that I have some kind of "allergy" to DHT inhibitors now, I wonder how that can be. I heard on this forum someone saying the same thing, but about iodine.

Anyway, a couple of days ago, I stumbled about a message on a forum. Some guy that was taking accutane for acne (when he was younger) was saying that, after he did a liver flush, his accutane side effects reappeared. He even got a lab test, that showed those chemicals found in accutane in his blood. He concluded that the liver stored the chemicals and it released them with the liver flush. Could that be true?...I don't know. There is evidence saying that live stored toxines, but...

It seems like a long shot, but I will do it anyway, since I have other reasons. The problem is that is not that simple, you need to do first a colon, afterwards a parasite cleanse, a kidney in the end a liver cleanse in order to do it the right way. And when I say "a cleanse", doesn't necessarily mean to doi it only one time. Some people said they did 20, 30 in order to regain their health. Of course, one should not believe everything he reads on the net, but I am just saying, if you want to do any kind of self-treatment, make sure you do the research first in order to actually know what you are doing.

dreft

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bryce54 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:41 pm

mihai wrote:I also took propecia about 2 years with pauses, and I quit because of the side effects. But it was not low libido and they all subsided after quitting. What seems to match your situation is the fact that even after, I think 2 years since I quit, if I take any sort of DHT inhibitor (green tea, saw palmetto, fin, ...) I have again the same side-effects I had when I was on propecia. So it seems that I have some kind of "allergy" to DHT inhibitors now, I wonder how that can be. I heard on this forum someone saying the same thing, but about iodine.

Anyway, a couple of days ago, I stumbled about a message on a forum. Some guy that was taking accutane for acne (when he was younger) was saying that, after he did a liver flush, his accutane side effects reappeared. He even got a lab test, that showed those chemicals found in accutane in his blood. He concluded that the liver stored the chemicals and it released them with the liver flush. Could that be true?...I don't know. There is evidence saying that live stored toxines, but...

It seems like a long shot, but I will do it anyway, since I have other reasons. The problem is that is not that simple, you need to do first a colon, afterwards a parasite cleanse, a kidney in the end a liver cleanse in order to do it the right way. And when I say "a cleanse", doesn't necessarily mean to doi it only one time. Some people said they did 20, 30 in order to regain their health. Of course, one should not believe everything he reads on the net, but I am just saying, if you want to do any kind of self-treatment, make sure you do the research first in order to actually know what you are doing.

right, yeah its like anti DHT things make the problem worse. I was thinking along the lines of maybe my DHT receptors are screwed up so when I take anything that deregulates it, it seriously deregulates past anything normal

thank you very much for responding. yes, i do think i have smoe kind of DHT allergy as well.. and I think what I'm explaining is what all post finasteride people are experiencing, but most people don't accept it because if you go to that forum, everyone wants to find a pill to fix this.

that's interesting about the liver cleanse. a liver cleanse has been on my to do list for quite some time, but i have no idea how to do one with all my sensitivities. thats why i took the rosemary herb, but as soon as i took rosemary herb, my penis went numb in about 10 minutes. it takes another day or 2 of extreme diet to make it go back to more normal. plus all the random herbs in the liver cleanse, i'm worrid i have a sensitivity to one of them because of my random food allergies, i took an IgG food anti body test (results came up with sugar, ALL DAIRY, gluten, pineapple, banana, some other random ones, those were the big ones)

i think whats going on is my DHT like you said, isn't being produced when i eat certain foods. but when i take digestive enzymes, vit d, among other things, my hair starts falling out like wild fire. i'm wondering if by my hair falling out like wildfire (itchy + bunch of hairs in my hand), it's reactivating the DHT and my problems will get better if i stick to that diet. the thing is, i havent stayed hardcore enough on the diet to have say for a week straight of that, because i will cheat the diet then my hair will stop falling out.

i'm really leaning towards leaky gut with this problem, not sure though...

bryce54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnytremaine on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:35 am

I have the same stuff going on. Took proprecia for three months, got off and bam suddenly a bunch of crud going on. I have noticed that whenever I masturbate or have a wet dream, the scalp gets really inflamed and a lot of hair starts falling out. So basically my theory for me at least is that after masturbation suddenly the body is trying to make more sperm and other stuff, so it amps up testosterone to abnormal levels to try and get the DHT from the 5ar2 enzyme working well. When your hair is falling out like wildfire do you feel any hornier, like there is a lot of testosterone in you? Does your penis feel more sensitive? Any way, the reason I beleive the hair is falling out a lot is either because DHT is really high (5ar2) or as a result of raised levels across the board, then 5ar1 has suddenly gotten really high and that is why the scalp hurts and hair falls out (so basically it might not be 5ar2 causing your scalp to hurt since that enzyme was damaged by propecia--it might be 5ar1 being raised dramatically due to the effects of your body trying to raise 5ar2 to normal levels, while every other testosterone related harmone is effected). And by the way, raised testosterone will also raise estrogen, so watch for tender nipples when you feel the inflamed scalp coming on.

As far as what to do about this, I don't know--I just try not to masturbate.

johnnytremaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bryce54 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:23 am

johnnytremaine wrote:I have the same stuff going on. Took proprecia for three months, got off and bam suddenly a bunch of crud going on. I have noticed that whenever I masturbate or have a wet dream, the scalp gets really inflamed and a lot of hair starts falling out. So basically my theory for me at least is that after masturbation suddenly the body is trying to make more sperm and other stuff, so it amps up testosterone to abnormal levels to try and get the DHT from the 5ar2 enzyme working well. When your hair is falling out like wildfire do you feel any hornier, like there is a lot of testosterone in you? Does your penis feel more sensitive? Any way, the reason I beleive the hair is falling out a lot is either because DHT is really high (5ar2) or as a result of raised levels across the board, then 5ar1 has suddenly gotten really high and that is why the scalp hurts and hair falls out (so basically it might not be 5ar2 causing your scalp to hurt since that enzyme was damaged by propecia--it might be 5ar1 being raised dramatically due to the effects of your body trying to raise 5ar2 to normal levels, while every other testosterone related harmone is effected). And by the way, raised testosterone will also raise estrogen, so watch for tender nipples when you feel the inflamed scalp coming on.

As far as what to do about this, I don't know--I just try not to masturbate.

that's crazy. i feel like i actually get the opposite, where if i feel my scalp as itchy and falling out (which to me is a GOOD sign, my hair stopped falling out, when it returns it brings me joy because i know everything is going back to normal) and if i masturbate, my hair loss STOPS. over at propeciahelp.com , many people talk about how masturbation brings them WORSE side effects. masturbation does BAD things to me as well, i try to avoid as much as possible as well and i've seen the most improvements when i avoid it completely.

one person at the prophelp site actually said that he didn't masturbate for 2 weeks in a row and felt 100% better.

yeah, that's another funny piece to the puzzle.

i haven't been here in a while, but to update if anyone is even watching this or if someone wants some tips, i started taking himalayan krystal salt and drinking a ton of water following this website talking of the "water cure". it has helped A LOT and i have noticed random times when i have felt more normal. i also have started doing psyillium husk on empty stomach 2x per day and i think it's helping, but i'm not 100% sure yet. i think i'm having some kind of die off symptoms from it, but i felt pretty level headed doing those two things where usually i feel all panicky, nervous, and brain foggy.

bryce54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnytremaine on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:43 am

Sounds Encouraging! Right now all I am doing is taking fish oil, probiotics (for the stomach problems propecia has given me--which is caused by the higher estrogens that spike along with the testosterone spikes) and I am going to wait for a few months to see if my body can naturally heal itself. I will also do excersise, try to eat healthy, and pray to god that something good can come out of all this crud.

johnnytremaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top