Natural Hair Loss Regimen
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Loss Regimen

Itchy crawling sensation all over- worse at night?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Itchy crawling sensation all over- worse at night?

Post  Paradox on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:36 am

For years I've had this hellish sensation which feels like thousands of tiny bugs crawling all over my body, and pin prick type itching. When I scratch one place, it will itch somewhere else and it is never ending.

I've read that it could be many things from hormones, to dry skin, to allergies, to laundry detergent, to yeast...

Trying to figure out what it is and why it is off and on is almost as frustrating as the itching itself, but I'm more than willing to listen to any theories or suggestions!

BTW- Opiates (especially oxycontin) send me into the worst case of this ever! It is pure hell, and I am literally scratching all night while trying to sleep. For some reason when I pull the covers up it gets exponentially worse?

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Itchy crawling sensation all over- worse at night?

Post  rdkml on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:05 am

I don't know all the causes but I do know lyme co-infections of Bartonella most common and Babesia can do that. Mold issues can as well.

Should mention Bartonella and Babesia are common for those with teeth problems such as cavitations.

Itchy skin by itself are usually the toxins. The crawling feeling however where it feels like a spider or where it shifty rapidly can be Bartonella, Babesia or mold.

hope this helps

rdkml

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:45 am

It does help, thanks! Is there a single solution (rife excluded Smile) to take out all 3? If not, what is the quickest and cheapest way to figure out what it is and treat it?

The bathroom at my parents house (where I've showered since I was 10) had a fan put in last week! I'm staying there now so I sort of insisted. I've read a tiny bit on mold and some are not toxic as I understand. We never had too much visible other than the on and off again patches on the shower curtain, and some mold on and underneath the caulking. I know it had to be repainted at least once because of the steam.

I don't want to go too far off on a tangent but on occasion I used to get a red rash on my torso and chest after showering. This and the itching tie together to lead me to believe I have high histamine levels which is an orthomolecular psychiatric disorder which equates to OCD, depression, etc. My point I guess is that I figured my body was overreacting to something, and didn't think too much about mold, etc.

Glancing over mold poisoning symptoms I seem to have few (if any) on the lists I've seen. I DO KNOW that heat (as in warm clothing, under the bed covers at night) makes the itching exponentially worse. I can pull off all off the covers at night and it can drop about 80%. Of course then I get cold.

Edit: Want to add that after looking over the symptoms for all 3, I would rule them out because I just don't have that many symptoms. I've noticed that GI upset, headache, frequent colds/infections, are staple symptoms of many disorders and I almost never have any of them. It is encouraging but frustrating. Reading up on babesia, it looks like it causes anemia. My CBC came back normal last time.

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:42 am

I have very similar symptoms as you. I have noticed that wireless signals make it worse. If someone is using wireless next to me and I'm between the computer and the router I get itchy. Cell phone signals do seem to make me itch as well but not as constantly. The new standard of wireless (Wireless N), seems to be the worst of them all for me. It goes beyond just a subtle itch to very noticeable. And just like you, I notice it gets worse (itchier) at night.

I wish I knew what works for this. Lugols supplementation made it worse; same with humifulvate. I wish I kept a log of what fixed this for me because there were stretches where I had zero symptoms.

To me it seems like a heavy metal issue. You might have a different cause but I had to offer this as a possibility.

zerx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rdkml on Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:40 am

Checking symptoms online for Bartonella, Babesia and other co infections isn't very accurate and really takes someone who is very experienced if just going off of a symptom list. Reason why is one doesn't get all the symptoms and can only have one or two of the symptoms listed. Then have one or two symptoms of another co infection and one or two symptoms of another co infection and so on. The more co infections one has the more complicated the ailment and the sicker they are. Course one could always treat for it and see if they herx or get better. Not to mention that once they treat for it, tests will then the percentage of tests coming back positive increases greatly.

Anyhow, diagnosing through rashes is also a talent as well. When you mentioned hot shower = rash. Or heat = rash then that's why I mentioned Bartonella as that's very common. The rash looks similar to this but their can be other rashes from Bart as there are dozens of types... not to mention being extremely common despite what you hear. Common for those with teeth issues and cavitations as well.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rAWd0SSOW18/SjWrFYuzaNI/AAAAAAAAAvo/GoZdcgAD1ec/s320/2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://freeideasblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/heat-rash-or-bartonella-rash-rash-i.html&usg=__BSsRW_AHQjD-7rTRuRy6ftW0VXE=&h=233&w=320&sz=18&hl=en&start=30&zoom=1&tbnid=iBDXiaAv0_EtRM:&tbnh=162&tbnw=227&ei=6YkDTuyWN6XliALV-smFDg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbartonella%2Brash%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1171%26bih%3D512%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=rc&page=4&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:30&tx=81&ty=82&biw=1171&bih=512

Another reason why I was mentioning about Bart and/or Babesia is due to the high histamine levels you mentioned which is common for those with Bart/Babesia due to HPU/KPU issues. Good link = http://www.forresthealth.com/kpu-test.html Easiest way to know is those with HPU/KPU issues tend to burn in the sun rather than tan. They also tend to have a pale complexion.

Regarding treatment or a way to diagnose it's actually not very hard in that you can treat yourself for HPU/KPU through just a couple basic low cost vitamins to reverse the severe deficiency. If you herx greatly then you may have an issue with HPU/KPU.

With Bart/Babesia, you'd do what I recommend to all that I mention and that is to take large doses of Salt or large doses of Salt and Vitamin C and see if you get better or see if you have bouts of feeling better followed by herxing greatly. It's a good treatment and a good starting place. Here is the dosage.

"dosage of 3 grams of salt and 3,000 mg of vitamin C, each dose taken 4 times per day.Depending upon one's weight this would approximate one gram for each ten pounds of body weight. We think total daily dosage should not exceed 18 grams of salt or Vitamin C per day, and 15 grams would be the average adult's dosage for a full 24 hour period. If the pills cause a problem they can be crushed or dissolved in water. To get an idea of the dosage, one teaspoon equals 5 grams; thus, one tablespoon would equal 15 grams. Please remember to drink plenty of water."

Regarding mold, course it could also be due to mold issue causing damage. Although that feels more like an electrical stimulation. Like very small jolts of electrical stimulation and then it shifts. If it's real bad one possible symptom is if you close your eyes and look up you'll tend to see flashes of light. If it's this bad where you see flashes of light untreated can cause major issues down the line.

Regarding EMF/WiFi causing itching, that could be due to the toxins from mold and/or lyme/lyme co-infections. In the body they not only increase toxins in response to EMF/WiFi, but they will also do this in the environment as well. Coupled with EMF/WiFi scrambling the cells so to speak, reducing the bodies ability to detox such toxins. Autism is a very severe example of this and where the mother may have also had this issue in pregnancy to the point where the bodies detox pathways is completely overwhelmed. All according to Dr. K. And said about 24% of the population has a genetic problem here limiting the bodies ability to reduce the toxins according to Shoemaker.

hope this helps

rdkml

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  longhairedredhead on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:18 pm

I have had about the same feeling for ±6 years now, as far as I can remember. It got much better after I started using (handmade) glycerin soap for washing my body in the shower instead of commercial stuff (however not washing my body for two months didn't show any difference from using commercial stuff), and started using the Antioxidant Boost.
Besides frequent itching on random body parts when I am doing nothing at all, I also used to get massive bursts of itch whenever I was exercising or just rode to school on my bicycle, which have greatly diminished too.
The last two times I was working out at the gym, I felt the same feeling all over my scalp which usually 'announced' the minute-long burst of itch, but it disappeared only ten seconds later.

I don't know whether I could contribute this effect to the glycerin soap (mind the ingredients sheet - some commercial ones contain SLS and crap!) or to the Antioxidant Boost, but either of two might be worth trying if you haven't tried them yet.
If it's the same thing I'm talking about, of course... Rolling Eyes

Before I started using glycerin soap, my skin was also always itchy as h*ll for hours after I got out of the shower, mostly on my back and forehead. Applying Nivea cream usually relieved it quite a bit on my forehead, but it did less for my back.

longhairedredhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:18 pm

It's hard to say, but this can very well be Demodex mites. Demodex shy away from the light, and "come out to play" (mate, eat sebum, etc.) at night. Intense Pulsed Light (Lasers) work well against Demodex, and seabuckthorn-based soaps (as well as tea tree or any other oil that is geared toward anti-parasitical, bacterial, and fungal) help a good deal when combined with an exfoliation glove.

Hope this helps a bit...

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Wait a minute, Nid. When I used a seabuckthorn soap (first time ever) before the current bar, I got some red bumps on different parts of the body that would subside in about half a day. I thought then it was some chemical irritation. Do you think this could have been a die off reaction of demodex? If so, I'm going to get back to the seabuckthorn soap.

thx.
-9r5-

9rugrats5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:32 am

9rugrats5 wrote:Wait a minute, Nid. When I used a seabuckthorn soap (first time ever) before the current bar, I got some red bumps on different parts of the body that would subside in about half a day. I thought then it was some chemical irritation. Do you think this could have been a die off reaction of demodex? If so, I'm going to get back to the seabuckthorn soap.

thx.
-9r5-

Hey man--yes, I absolutely think it has to do with the demodex die-off. This was reported by Creep extensively (a forum member of Regrowth.com when we were all there years ago) and I also had similar die-off reactions. Once they subsided though, skin was clear and no irritation/inflammation! I mean, there's no way to guarantee that it isn't an ingredient in the soap that you are sensitive too, but I would give it a few weeks.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:30 am

nidhogge wrote:
9rugrats5 wrote:Wait a minute, Nid. When I used a seabuckthorn soap (first time ever) before the current bar, I got some red bumps on different parts of the body that would subside in about half a day. I thought then it was some chemical irritation. Do you think this could have been a die off reaction of demodex? If so, I'm going to get back to the seabuckthorn soap.

thx.
-9r5-

Hey man--yes, I absolutely think it has to do with the demodex die-off. This was reported by Creep extensively (a forum member of Regrowth.com when we were all there years ago) and I also had similar die-off reactions. Once they subsided though, skin was clear and no irritation/inflammation! I mean, there's no way to guarantee that it isn't an ingredient in the soap that you are sensitive too, but I would give it a few weeks.

Great! I'm at it already.
thanks.

9rugrats5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:43 am

rdkml wrote:Checking symptoms online for Bartonella, Babesia and other co infections isn't very accurate and really takes someone who is very experienced if just going off of a symptom list. Reason why is one doesn't get all the symptoms and can only have one or two of the symptoms listed. Then have one or two symptoms of another co infection and one or two symptoms of another co infection and so on. The more co infections one has the more complicated the ailment and the sicker they are. Course one could always treat for it and see if they herx or get better. Not to mention that once they treat for it, tests will then the percentage of tests coming back positive increases greatly.

Anyhow, diagnosing through rashes is also a talent as well. When you mentioned hot shower = rash. Or heat = rash then that's why I mentioned Bartonella as that's very common. The rash looks similar to this but their can be other rashes from Bart as there are dozens of types... not to mention being extremely common despite what you hear. Common for those with teeth issues and cavitations as well.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rAWd0SSOW18/SjWrFYuzaNI/AAAAAAAAAvo/GoZdcgAD1ec/s320/2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://freeideasblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/heat-rash-or-bartonella-rash-rash-i.html&usg=__BSsRW_AHQjD-7rTRuRy6ftW0VXE=&h=233&w=320&sz=18&hl=en&start=30&zoom=1&tbnid=iBDXiaAv0_EtRM:&tbnh=162&tbnw=227&ei=6YkDTuyWN6XliALV-smFDg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbartonella%2Brash%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1171%26bih%3D512%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=rc&page=4&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:30&tx=81&ty=82&biw=1171&bih=512

Another reason why I was mentioning about Bart and/or Babesia is due to the high histamine levels you mentioned which is common for those with Bart/Babesia due to HPU/KPU issues. Good link = http://www.forresthealth.com/kpu-test.html Easiest way to know is those with HPU/KPU issues tend to burn in the sun rather than tan. They also tend to have a pale complexion.

Regarding treatment or a way to diagnose it's actually not very hard in that you can treat yourself for HPU/KPU through just a couple basic low cost vitamins to reverse the severe deficiency. If you herx greatly then you may have an issue with HPU/KPU.

With Bart/Babesia, you'd do what I recommend to all that I mention and that is to take large doses of Salt or large doses of Salt and Vitamin C and see if you get better or see if you have bouts of feeling better followed by herxing greatly. It's a good treatment and a good starting place. Here is the dosage.

"dosage of 3 grams of salt and 3,000 mg of vitamin C, each dose taken 4 times per day.Depending upon one's weight this would approximate one gram for each ten pounds of body weight. We think total daily dosage should not exceed 18 grams of salt or Vitamin C per day, and 15 grams would be the average adult's dosage for a full 24 hour period. If the pills cause a problem they can be crushed or dissolved in water. To get an idea of the dosage, one teaspoon equals 5 grams; thus, one tablespoon would equal 15 grams. Please remember to drink plenty of water."

Regarding mold, course it could also be due to mold issue causing damage. Although that feels more like an electrical stimulation. Like very small jolts of electrical stimulation and then it shifts. If it's real bad one possible symptom is if you close your eyes and look up you'll tend to see flashes of light. If it's this bad where you see flashes of light untreated can cause major issues down the line.

Regarding EMF/WiFi causing itching, that could be due to the toxins from mold and/or lyme/lyme co-infections. In the body they not only increase toxins in response to EMF/WiFi, but they will also do this in the environment as well. Coupled with EMF/WiFi scrambling the cells so to speak, reducing the bodies ability to detox such toxins. Autism is a very severe example of this and where the mother may have also had this issue in pregnancy to the point where the bodies detox pathways is completely overwhelmed. All according to Dr. K. And said about 24% of the population has a genetic problem here limiting the bodies ability to reduce the toxins according to Shoemaker.

hope this helps

It definitely helps and I will come back to it. I've had rashes that look exactly like that picture, but only a few times over the years. I can't do any salt protocol now that I'm on hydrocortisone because it is already potassium lowering. I take 2-3 grams of C a day and up to maybe 20 grams a day for short periods in the past. I don't know if it's my adrenals, histamine or both, but I like vitamin C and it seems to really agree with me.

When you say "feel better" do you mean itching or otherwise? The itch has subsided almost completely. I had started nettle root powder to try and lower shgb and I suspect that may have had something to do with it. It is called "stinging nettle" Smile

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rdkml on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Paradox wrote:When you say "feel better" do you mean itching or otherwise?

Itching and the crawling feeling. The high dose, and only as high dose salt/Vitamin C as the benefits just won't be able to keep up with the problem in the low dose, is a common protocol.

rdkml

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:51 am

rdkml wrote:
Paradox wrote:When you say "feel better" do you mean itching or otherwise?

Itching and the crawling feeling. The high dose, and only as high dose salt/Vitamin C as the benefits just won't be able to keep up with the problem in the low dose, is a common protocol.

I see. This is OT of the thread, but I don't think you receive pm's. Speaking of sodium/potassium and the hydrocortisone thing; if I remember correctly you said you had to take hydrocortisone in the past because the natural route didn't work for you? Am i remembering correctly or was that someone else?

I'd like to talk to you about that and see if you still take it and discuss dosing, etc.
Thanks

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

O/T adrenals

Post  whodathunkit on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:00 am

Paradox--I've finally had good success with my adrenals with salt loading, vit. C, and Adrenergize by Enzymatic Therapy. IMO Adrenergize is the stuff, and Thompson's Adrenal Cortex extract is also very good.

I tried Drenamin (okay) and Dr. Wilson's Adrenal ReBuilder (EXPENSIVE GARBAGE, IMO) at the behest of my doctors, raw adrenal on my own, and I even got so desperate that I got my doctor to write me a script for HC. I was ultimately afraid to take it b/c of weight gain and other potential sides, however. I serendipitously stumbled upon Adrenergize a couple of days later. It's been pretty much all good ever since.

I started out with fairly heavy dosage (3 caps around 6a in the morning, downed with 2000 mg vit. C and 1/2 tsp. sea salt dissolved in water, 2 caps about 10:30a with 1000mg C and 1/4 tsp salt water, and 2 caps at 1p and 1 cap at 4p, salt water throughout the day), and am still trying to find the dose that works best for me. After about three weeks or so the heavy dose began to make me feel a little strung out, so I cut back. Right now I'm at 2 caps early a.m., 2 caps mid a.m., and 1 cap at around 2p. I tried going lower but after a while noticed I was lagging a little. This dose is good for now.

I feel the Adrenergize and Thompsons have given me my energy back. For me the improvement was immediate and quite dramatic. Not to discount all the great advice and stuff here, but the Adrenergize worked that good. I simply was not doing that well before I started taking them and improved remarkably quickly once I did. I'm also able to tolerate thyroid boosters now (raw thyroid and iodine/SSKI), which I was not before I started my little adrenal protocol.

For whatever that's worth. Maybe it would help you, too. Adrenergize is fairly cheap online.

Good luck!

whodathunkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 am

Thanks a lot for that info. I looked at the Adrenergize and it looks like the main ingredient is adrenal cortex extract (250mg). WHat I find strange and curious is that is has all these glandulars in it: Multi-Glandular Complex liver, lung, pancreas, heart, kidney, and spleen. I have no idea what those would have to do with the adrenals, other than possibly the kidney?

I was taking Nutricology adrenal cortex extract for a while but they discontinued the product. I wasn't taking anywhere near 7 caps a day though (I think the mg/pill was similar). It would be my guess that you are benefiting mainly from the cortisol in the adrenal extract (similar to isocort). Maybe that product has a higher amount of cortisol in it?

Cortisol is catabolic so you would probably lose weight on cortef (muscle). You may get some stomach fat if you take too much. I'm thin to start so I worry more about losing weight. I haven't gained any on hydrocortisone. I've been taking 7.5mg am, and then in 4 hour increments, 5mg, 2.5, 2.5. I haven't been consistent because I wake at different times. My lab results showed low am cortisol and high pm cortisol, so it's kind of tricky. Still trying to tune the dosage.

Interestingly I just found a thread I started earlier this year about this same itching. The potassium issue is talked about there, and how K drops at night and itching occurs. I know that too much Na can cause itching, and that hydrocortisone depletes K. So maybe I just need to supplement K while on hydrocortisone? Makes sense as my Na intake increases as the day goes on and is probably highest at night.

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top