Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Does oral Glutathione Supplementation Work?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does oral Glutathione Supplementation Work?

Post  inferno on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:47 am

Was looking at setria glutathione, but not sure if oral supplementation works or not? Is this a good way to raise glutathione levels in the body?

inferno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does oral Glutathione Supplementation Work?

Post  rofl on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:44 am

to my knowledge other than diet, the best way is a combination of liposomal glutathione and n-acetyl-cysteine.

apparently glutathione has bad bioavailability.

rofl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sbefar01 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:41 am

inferno is exactly right, liposomal glut is best, tastes nasty, quite pungent even in juice. Take NAC at the same time as Ester Vitamin C, the Vit C increases the bioavailability or conversion of NAC to glutathione. Milk thistle is a great option along with curcumin - keeps the resevoir of Glut in liver longer. IV glut is the home run, believe me I have tried it; expensive:)

sbefar01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:06 pm

Is milk thistle sonething to take every day or would it lose it's effectiveness?

hellwig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sbefar01 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:16 pm

That is something you take everyday, it gets more effective typically with consistent use. Just go with a high quality brand or extract, I use Morin Labs, small lab in NJ. I also forgot to mention that chlorella activates glutathione synthesis to some extent, on top of being a super nutrient and detoxifier:)

sbefar01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Check out this one: http://www.livonlabs.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/31104.3.1172966058414762101/liposome-encapsulated/lypo-spheric-gsh.html

Misirlou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sbefar01 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Looks pretty good, i would like them to show studies using their own product, but the research supports the development of it, i just like to see a self study product.

sbefar01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Don't forget, DIY liposomes are fairly easy. As a source, I've been using purebulk.com lately. Buy a cheap Chinese PH tester, digital milligram scale and ultrasonic cleaner on eBay, then some Bob's Red Mill baking soda and distilled water.

When finished, either vaccuum seal the mixture or add some astaxanthin to avoid oxidation and refrigerate. You can make liposomal glutathione (and more) for a tenth of retail.

Myself, I use a tablespoon semi-daily of liposomal Vitamin C (sodium ascrobate,) CoQ10/PQQ, glutathione, curcumin, milk thistle and hyaluronic acid. Great stuff.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sbefar01 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:08 pm

that is hardcore, yeah if you are making the CoQ10/PQQ, Glut, Milk Thist, and C in a super-bioavailable form, your probably feeling pretty good:) I wish i had the time to make all that myself while saving money.

sbefar01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sc871 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:28 pm

4039 wrote:Don't forget, DIY liposomes are fairly easy. As a source, I've been using purebulk.com lately. Buy a cheap Chinese PH tester, digital milligram scale and ultrasonic cleaner on eBay, then some Bob's Red Mill baking soda and distilled water.

When finished, either vaccuum seal the mixture or add some astaxanthin to avoid oxidation and refrigerate. You can make liposomal glutathione (and more) for a tenth of retail.

Myself, I use a tablespoon semi-daily of liposomal Vitamin C (sodium ascrobate,) CoQ10/PQQ, glutathione, curcumin, milk thistle and hyaluronic acid. Great stuff.

Do you have anymore details on the process? How long is the shelf life?

sc871

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:48 am

sc871 wrote:

Do you have anymore details on the process? How long is the shelf life?

You actually will find a very detailed thread dedicated to liposomes on this very forum. There's also a Yahoo forum http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/DIY-LET/.

To answer your second question, without either vacuum sealing and/or astaxathin (also mixed vitamin E) the lipids go rancid in a matter of days, almost like smelling/eating rotten eggs. lol Properly prepared liposomes should have a very mild taste.

Otherwise, the shelf-life of properly stored liposomes is fairly long. I've had batches smell and taste fresh after six months of being refrigerated.

IV/liposomal glutathione-vitamin C works fairly remarkably, especially apparent in the elderly and infirmed.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:32 am

4039, please do a video tutorial on the mixture process Wink

Misirlou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sc871 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:33 am

4039, Thanks for the info and the link, do you know of any other forums that speak of liposomes? I don't have a yahoo account and really don't need another account to keep track of. This was the only thread I could really find on this forum http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t6532-cool-diy-liposomal-c-recipe

I have been a bit busy this weekend and not been around the computer. I maybe in way over my head... I was gonna give Lypo-Spheric a try, but saw a link http://www.letstalkhealth.com/ Do you have any recommendations on an Ultrasonic cleaner, something of quality. Is there anyway to preserve the mixture for consumption when away from home?

sc871

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:35 pm

There's a recommendation for a good ultrasonic cleaner (as well as how to make lipo-c) here:

http://blog.bestzapper.com/2012/02/how-to-make-liposomal-vitamin-c-homemade/

JosephineMarie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Found this recipe on the net:

Ingredient,etc : Glutathione powder 30g
Soy Lecithin 50g
Distilled Water 220g (=220ml)
Citric Acid / Sodium hydroxide
Ultrasonic cleaner
Ultrasonic toothbrush

You blend glutathione and soy lecithin at 3:5 weight ratio in water in a beaker. You'll need to adjust the pH to 6.3-6.7 to accommodate liposomal formations. You gently stir the mix in a beaker soaked in warm water in the ultrasonic clear, using an electric ultrasonic toothbrush. Stirring with a regular electric toothbrush may accelerate the mixing, but it's too rough for liposomal formation, I believe. Since the ultrasonic cleaner turns off every two minutes, so you have to turn it back on, over and over again.

This 300ml solution has 30g of glutathione (mostly liposomal encapsulated, hopefully), therefore it's 10% solution. If you decide to take 1,000mg/day of glutathione, then you can take one teaspoon (=5ml of solution =500mg of glutathione) twice a day. And it will last 30 days.

This is simply my idea and not an official recommendation of any kind. Since no one knows the long-term side effect of chronic glutathione use, you have to give it a try at your own risk...

JosephineMarie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top