Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Epsom Salts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Epsom Salts

Post  hellwig on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:50 pm

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=58854

I think there's more overlap than some people think with female growth and reducing mpb

Last edited by hellwig on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)

hellwig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Epsom Salts

Post  Delphine on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:39 am

Agree about the "overlap" between male/female hair care. Women have many of the same hair concerns as men. That's why I read and post here.
I peruse the Long Hair Community board on occasion for ideas. Those women are truly dedicated to their long hair!

The thread was interesting, thanks. I had to Google the term "CO." It means, conditioner only. I found this post helpful for how to do it:

Ok, tried it for the first time this morning. Mixed about 3 tbsp. epsom salts with about 4 oz. hot tap water, shook until dissolved. Then mixed equal parts of the ES water with conditioner, about 2 tbsp. each (that was all the conditioner that was left in the bottle), shook to mix. Used that mix to CO my hair. So far, I think I like it - it seems to have perked up my waves that I'd all but lost after I started with henna, and it seems pretty soft as well. It's pouring rain here today, so with the humidity my hair isn't quite dry yet - but the initial result is clean, soft and wavy. It would be beyond fabulous if I also get faster growth out of the deal!

Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:20 pm

I've used this twice and it's working great! My hair had been a bit hard to manage and the results with this are very nice.

I use the method I posted above, with a twist: I first comb apple cider vinegar through my hair. It has a clarifying action and I figure if I'm going to be using
conditioner instead of shampoo, I have to be careful of product buildup, which can really mess up my hair.

I leave the vinegar on for a while, usually an hour or so. Rinse it out, then apply the epsom salt in water/conditioner solution. I'm using coconut milk conditioner, Organix brand.

Thanks again for the tip, hellwig! Very Happy

Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:40 pm

Good stuff

hellwig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top