Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Lots Of Gas Causing ANNOYING Symptoms, Which Anti-Gas Product Is The Most Natural?
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:05 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Ginkgo Biloba 6000 mg safe?
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:43 pm by 1alexie

» What is your current regimen?
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:21 pm by 1alexie

» Movie Review - "Root Cause"
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:15 pm by Zaphod

» 6 mtscp wasabi study
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:19 pm by 1alexie

» Eclipta prostrata promotes the induction of anagen, sustains the anagen phase through regulation of FGF-7 and FGF-5
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:21 pm by CF

» Dealing with grey hair
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:16 am by calvicie

» Topical fin
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:03 pm by 1alexie

» Cs and others - top supplements?
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:24 pm by Weser

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

one month update

Post  Guest on Mon May 14, 2012 1:49 am

Well, I'm brushing my hair for almost a month now.
In the first week, i notice a big difference in hair quality. They start to look fuller and thicker and i was very enthusiastic. But for the last three weeks, they are stationary. No more improvement, no regrowth at the tiny - vellus hair....(no shedding too)
So...that's all? Just a better looking at the first 5-6 days? Crying or Very sad
what do you guys think?

Back to top Go down

Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  Hoppipolla on Mon May 14, 2012 2:39 am

hm, that's strange Steve_Gr, but stick with it.

My previously hairless NW1/2 area is now almost covered in little tiny fuzzy hairs, at least on the left side (it's hard to get as good light on the right side in the bathroom mirror!).

So yeah I'm 100% convinced it works.

However, I am still shedding which isn't nice.

I am 99% sure my problem is still Candida, so my next stage will be further dietary changes to try to control and kill it!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

View user profile http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 14, 2012 3:01 am

hoppipolla...

how long do you brushing? I guess you noticed gradual improvement every week?
I don't know if you ever manage to kill Candida, (in small amounts it is normal to the body) but i think by controlling sugar and simple carbs make a big difference in their action

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla on Mon May 14, 2012 4:13 am

Steve_Gr wrote:hoppipolla...

I don't know if you ever manage to kill Candida, (in small amounts it is normal to the body) but i think by controlling sugar and simple carbs make a big difference in their action

Well, you'd think so, but starch messes me up much more than sugar (I believe it's because it sits in the gut for longer feeding the bad guys).

Apparently you can also fix Candida on low fat as well as low carb, due to fat hindering sugar metabolism.

And yeah I notice improvement weekly I think. I brush for quite a while each day, easily half an hour. I also massage for about 20 minutes a day maybe. I literally just bung on some videos on youtube and sit here watching and brushing for a while Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Mon May 14, 2012 5:39 am

hoppipolla wrote:

Well, you'd think so, but starch messes me up much more than sugar (I believe it's because it sits in the gut for longer feeding the bad guys).

Apparently you can also fix Candida on low fat as well as low carb, due to fat hindering sugar metabolism.

And yeah I notice improvement weekly I think. I brush for quite a while each day, easily half an hour. I also massage for about 20 minutes a day maybe. I literally just bung on some videos on youtube and sit here watching and brushing for a while Smile

what type of brush do you use or cuold you show us one on amazon? i have been trying to find the right brush for this but not sure what is good. i had a thick brush before, and everytime i ran it throgh my hair i was getting massive shedding got a little nervous and stopped.
sanderson
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla on Mon May 14, 2012 7:57 am

sanderson wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:

what type of brush do you use or cuold you show us one on amazon? i have been trying to find the right brush for this but not sure what is good. i had a thick brush before, and everytime i ran it throgh my hair i was getting massive shedding got a little nervous and stopped.

I would imagine that any boar bristle brush is fine as long as it makes your scalp red and scratches it. I've been using the same one has ferox, I'll put a link again when I'm back on the pc Smile

You'll shed a bit more at first I'd imagine yeah due to telogen hairs.

My shedding... I dunno if it's reduced. But the fuzz makes me happy because at least it implies follicles aren't just being left to die anymore! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes on Mon May 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Anyone with any updates on the towel method?

I am doing the towel method on my temple were there was no hair that I could see originally for about 30 seconds combined. I have a few hairs now, but I still don't know if they are new or not. The funniest part I broke skin a couple of times on the other temple and have done less toweling on that side, guess what I am observing?! you guessed it less hairs on that side.

IMO 3 mins or so that Margo mentions is too long for where you have hair. I would recommend 30 seconds otherwise you are going to rip out a lot of hair. I would say go a bit longer were you don't have hair.

zeroes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE on Mon May 21, 2012 10:39 pm

zeroes wrote:Anyone with any updates on the towel method?

I find the towel method quite sensational, most likely due to increased blood flow. I wake up to massage my scalp for 10min, 200 brush strokes, 20min intense exercise, and then 4-5min towelling...

I started to get small amount of re-growth 2weeks before I started towelling (at this point I wasnít doing much apart from 30min intense exercise and eating very healthy???), but feel it adds a lot to my regime. Now after nearly 2months of re-growth I feel my shed has ceased and new healthy hairs are growing, my hairline is thickening and taking shape of what it would have been 3years ago, that is what I'd be VERY HAPPY to get to...

Have you buzzed your hair to a small grade?
FATE
FATE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L on Tue May 22, 2012 12:25 am

FATE? wrote:

I find the towel method quite sensational, most likely due to increased blood flow. I wake up to massage my scalp for 10min, 200 brush strokes, 20min intense exercise, and then 4-5min towelling...

I started to get small amount of re-growth 2weeks before I started towelling (at this point I wasnít doing much apart from 30min intense exercise and eating very healthy???), but feel it adds a lot to my regime. Now after nearly 2months of re-growth I feel my shed has ceased and new healthy hairs are growing, my hairline is thickening and taking shape of what it would have been 3years ago, that is what I'd be VERY HAPPY to get to...

I like your get outa bed routine, similar to mine & I love an intense workout.used to do it after a feed but stoped that last week,it may be improved, not sure. I usually do weights hard for 20 mins with very short 1 minute breaks in-between. what kind of exercise you do?

If I could grow back & maintain what I had 3 years ago . . . I'd be chuffed. Only started recently so hopefully will see results at some stage. do you mind me asking what norwood are you? sorry if you stated it previously but there is alot of reading within this forum
Hali-L
Hali-L

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes on Tue May 22, 2012 7:38 am

FATE? wrote:

My hair is currently buzzed to a 1, much easier to see what is happening with hair when taking photos.

zeroes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE on Tue May 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Hali-L wrote:
I like your get outer bed routine, similar to mine & I love an intense workout. Used to do it after a feed but stopped that last week, it may be improved, not sure. I usually do weights hard for 20 mins with very short 1 minute breaks in-between. What kind of exercise you do?

If I could grow back & maintain what I had 3 years ago . . . I'd be chuffed. Only started recently so hopefully will see results at some stage. do you mind me asking what norwood are you? Sorry if you stated it previously but there is a lot of reading within this forum

* I was a NW2.5 with vertex thinning, then I started exercising intensely, scalp massages and my girlfriend pointed out I've not thinned out on my vertex and it looks healthy again to me too!

* When I started towelling, brushing on top of things I shed pretty bad and had short re-growth and long old hairs so I buzzed my hair GRADE1, I was NW3 at the worst of my shedding and can now see where my new hair line will be!!!

* As for exercise, 15min on an exercise bike 4/7days (once a week with my DHT topical), 70sit-ups, 20push-ups, head stand/thyroid/kidney/liver yoga poses for 5min... I BMX a lot anyway recently, so I get a good work out every time I'm out!
FATE
FATE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes on Tue May 22, 2012 11:33 pm

Can you upload some before and after pictures please? How long have you brushed and toweled for? How old are you?

zeroes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks on Wed May 23, 2012 7:02 am

FATE, what are you using for your topical?
Yanks
Yanks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema on Wed May 23, 2012 11:13 am

zeroes wrote:Can you upload some before and after pictures please? How long have you brushed and toweled for? How old are you?

Dude, most people dont take before and after pictures. Most people don't even count the number of hairs they lose daily. Most people do no objective measure as to whether or not their treatments are working, and just eyeball it or wing it. There are things you can do to see if something is really working, but they require tedious effort over long periods of time. You can count the hairs you lose daily, you can measure the thickness of your hairs during different months (pretty much requires microscopy and is thus prohibitive for most), or you can measure growth rates. The easiest is hair count. I recommend it. That way you wont have to "feel" or "think" or "seem like" your shedding has lessened. Count your hair loss, and you will know if it lessened. Of course it's harder to do a count with very short hair. Anything under an inch you cant really count it.

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes on Wed May 23, 2012 7:47 pm

Without before and after it makes verifying what they say even harder.

It would be nice if someone that is doing these methods can post pictures that prove it's working.

zeroes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Regrowth on Thu May 24, 2012 4:57 am

Love reading through this thread so i registered to tell my story. First noticed loosing hair 6 years ago and lost a lot around the temples, so i got on finasteride and some minoxidil and got some great regrowth. That held for a little while but started loosing gradually again, so i started massaging my scalp and using cold water on my scalp, but i shed so much that i got scared and quit. After a while my hair started to get thicker again and i thought that finasteride and minox was kicking in again but we all know that it wasn't that, it was merely benefits from stimulating my scalp. After a while things started to go downhill again, so read through this forum and got into combing my scalp, massage it, pulling on it and using cold water, i shed horrible exspecially on one side of my temple. Today i dont use minox but i still use finasteride as i dont have any side effects from it. But stimulating my scalp is well on on it's way with restoring my hairline on the right side as it was years ago, but the left side is still a mess from shedding, but i can see hairs all over so i am hopefull that it will catch up, i will let you know how things go Smile

Regrowth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu May 24, 2012 5:09 am

Regrowth wrote:Love reading through this thread so i registered to tell my story. First noticed loosing hair 6 years ago and lost a lot around the temples, so i got on finasteride and some minoxidil and got some great regrowth. That held for a little while but started loosing gradually again, so i started massaging my scalp and using cold water on my scalp, but i shed so much that i got scared and quit. After a while my hair started to get thicker again and i thought that finasteride and minox was kicking in again but we all know that it wasn't that, it was merely benefits from stimulating my scalp. After a while things started to go downhill again, so read through this forum and got into combing my scalp, massage it, pulling on it and using cold water, i shed horrible exspecially on one side of my temple. Today i dont use minox but i still use finasteride as i dont have any side effects from it. But stimulating my scalp is well on on it's way with restoring my hairline on the right side as it was years ago, but the left side is still a mess from shedding, but i can see hairs all over so i am hopefull that it will catch up, i will let you know how things go Smile

hi...just cold water or exchange between hot and cold?

what do you think that cold water can do?

Back to top Go down

Post  Regrowth on Thu May 24, 2012 5:25 am

Steve_Gr wrote:
Regrowth wrote:Love reading through this thread so i registered to tell my story. First noticed loosing hair 6 years ago and lost a lot around the temples, so i got on finasteride and some minoxidil and got some great regrowth. That held for a little while but started loosing gradually again, so i started massaging my scalp and using cold water on my scalp, but i shed so much that i got scared and quit. After a while my hair started to get thicker again and i thought that finasteride and minox was kicking in again but we all know that it wasn't that, it was merely benefits from stimulating my scalp. After a while things started to go downhill again, so read through this forum and got into combing my scalp, massage it, pulling on it and using cold water, i shed horrible exspecially on one side of my temple. Today i dont use minox but i still use finasteride as i dont have any side effects from it. But stimulating my scalp is well on on it's way with restoring my hairline on the right side as it was years ago, but the left side is still a mess from shedding, but i can see hairs all over so i am hopefull that it will catch up, i will let you know how things go Smile

hi...just cold water or exchange between hot and cold?

what do you think that cold water can do?

I dont really switch many times, sometimes after a good scalp massage i end with a cold water on my scalp as it feels good after i have abused my scalp a little. And usually after i have taken a hot shower or bath i end with cold water on my scalp. But i have to admit that i dont know what cold water does for my scalp or if it is necessary, i just go with my gut feeling with what helps my scalp and hair as it feels great and i have not had any scalp itch for a long time.

Regrowth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig on Thu May 24, 2012 5:34 am

I noticed my hair feels softer for the rest of the day after rinsing with cold water. I have no clue why

hellwig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema on Thu May 24, 2012 12:31 pm

My shedding... I dunno if it's reduced.

So, count your hairs, man! Just pick a few places where you can gather your hair. Shower drain and brush are the easiest. Pillow or sheets also work.

This is one of the ONLY WAYS to tell if something is working or not.

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla on Fri May 25, 2012 12:15 pm

Guys erm... do you believe the cold water thing helps because it works as an astringent? Astringents seem to always benefit MPB, in my opinion it's because they reduce sebum and thereby decrease where the fungus/dandruff can lurk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astringent
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema on Fri May 25, 2012 1:35 pm

hellwig wrote:I noticed my hair feels softer for the rest of the day after rinsing with cold water. I have no clue why

The hair is made up of shingle like scales. I think the cold water causes them to flatten down which reduces the frizz and makes it feel softer.

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE on Sun May 27, 2012 1:05 am

zeroes wrote:Can you upload some before and after pictures please? How long have you brushed and towelled for? How old are you?

I'm 21 and been massaging for 3months, brushing/towelling for 1.5months...
My hair has shed ALOT (all of the old thin less pigmented hair) I started noticing re-growth 2months ago (re-growing around my hair line 3 years ago at least)

I have got before photos and will post as soon as I'm happy with my hair/hairline!

FATE
FATE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hair101 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Any more updates guys? I know it might be too early to expect any update. But perhaps i am looking for encouragement
like everyone else.

Hair101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fatty Cells and Blood Circulation

Post  zn on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:57 am

Hi all,

According to Yale Research, theres less of Fatty cells under the scalp where there's hair loss.
So I was thinking .. is it due to the root cause i.e Blood circulation problem..

Cuz I remember studying when I was young that..
Our body gets energy from the food we eat, But when it is starved and lacks the source of energy "It converts FAT into Useful energy"

So im just curious what you people have to say about the following concept..

When the scalp gets lesser Blood circulation (due to whatever reason, Galea tightening,genetic,etc..) in some areas and thus gets lesser nourishment, It tries to use/feed on the adipose fat around it , by converting into neccessary nourishment/energy for papilla. As the FAT reserve around it depletes, Thinning phase starts, due to lesser nourishment.
Finally, the papilla or root shrinks and becomes disfunctional.

Watsay? Am i a genius or wat Wink .. Razz

zn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next