Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ashwagandha
Yesterday at 7:38 am by Weser

» Ginkgo Biloba 6000 mg safe?
Yesterday at 1:16 am by MikeGore

» Lots Of Gas Causing ANNOYING Symptoms, Which Anti-Gas Product Is The Most Natural?
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:08 am by johndoe1225

» Stroke, Parkinsons and billberry
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:40 am by Jdp710

» What is your current regimen?
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:21 pm by 1alexie

» Movie Review - "Root Cause"
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:15 pm by Zaphod

» 6 mtscp wasabi study
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:19 pm by 1alexie

» Eclipta prostrata promotes the induction of anagen, sustains the anagen phase through regulation of FGF-7 and FGF-5
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:21 pm by CF

» Dealing with grey hair
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:16 am by calvicie

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Re: Grow New Hair! (The original Papilla Power??)

Post  hairisthickening on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:57 am

duel_black how many strokes do you comb your hair with every day? Also did this make you thin out first before you saw regrowth? Lastly what type of brush do you use and do you think the brushing has helped you more than anything? Thanks!!!

hairisthickening

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Any updates anyone?

schpiloch123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreatDiscovery on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:02 am

hope you will get something beneficial for us here.. lol

GreatDiscovery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:21 am

My progress continues. Still getting more and more hair growing down in the temples. It's just VERY SLOW, but I'm keeping at it and I'm now %100 it's working. How far it will take me? Who knows, but definitely still progressing. I had a hair on my left that was about and inch down from my hairline that went terminal the first month I started and it's starting to fill in the whole area now.
Just gonna wait to see how far it goes or maybe until I hit 6 months or something before I take more pics.

I recommend anyone who isn't doing these methods to start immediately and don't stop. it take FOREVER and consistency, I think, but it's working for me. Though I don't do the towel method, just hand , massage and BB brushing with some other stuff. The other stuff I had done for a while though with no regrowth.

Duketronix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonMonk on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:09 pm

Not a whole lot to report. I'm still towelling twice a day and doing other manual methods. I've grown new hair. Not a lot. Not enough for any cosmetic results.

I'll keep doing it. It's now a habit for me and I don't see myself stopping. 

But like Duketronix said, it's slow going. For me, at the current rate of regrowth, it's going to take years to see major regrowth. I'm in it for the long hall. 

It's still early days for me, I'm just over 4 months in. Considering it takes 3-4 months for the papilla to grow hair, you can't expect to see a lot of regrowth straight away. I am getting regrowth so I'm happy. Just have to be patient.

NeonMonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Confused???

Post  Longshanks on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:36 pm

Been lurking this forum for a while and am pretty hesitant to try. Both my father and I have thick wavy hair but he has lost it all, and I'm slowly heading down the same path. My mother however told me that my father would rub his hair/scalp really hard after he would get out of the shower to straighten it which led him to losing his hair (she claims). Now I'm a bit perplexed as to try this method or not, it is great that some are starting to see results, my question is if people are only rubbing bald spots where there is no hair or with hair as well, and has any notice an increase in hair fall. Thank you very much to any that can ad insight to this
Longshanks
Longshanks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  drex1999 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:53 pm

Shanks, your father didn't lose all his hair from rubbing it with a towel, just like wearing a hat doesn't cause hair loss. People lose their hair and then look back to point a finger at what caused it. Now, that said, it is possible that you can cause breakage in your hair by going to town on it with a towel. It won't take much research from you to find that hair is very fragile when it is wet so you can reduce the chance of breakage by sticking to working on it when it is dry if you start doing this.

drex1999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:30 pm

Longshank - in this case dont listen to your mother - she is rationalising from a female
view but your dad is a man. If this is working like duketronix says settle in for the long
fight.

Amaranthaceae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:31 pm

I don't do the towel myself so really this probably isn't the thread I should post in. I have longer hair so the towel method causes too much knotting and tangles. I do massages and the like though as well as brushing and I do it all over my head though I mostly focus on the balding areas. I also do the "pinching" thing that I blieve gpb2000 or someone talked about a long time ago. Basically I do a lot of manual stuff to my head. to get the blood working and the scalp loose.

Duketronix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:14 pm

hairisthickening wrote:duel_black how many strokes do you comb your hair with every day? Also did this make you thin out first before you saw regrowth? Lastly what type of brush do you use and do you think the brushing has helped you more than anything? Thanks!!!

The brush I use is a "Geniune Bass Wood Bristle Hair Brush." If you google that a photo of it is in the first amazon link. I hold it against my scalp and do a circular motion on the bald spots until it's pink. Usually a couple minutes a day after doing the Maliniak scalp massage for 5 to 10 minutes.

I no longer do the Margo Towel Rubbing Method. Brushing in circles has the same effect without the hair breakage.

I also quit most supplements. Simply brushing and massaging seems to work. One thing I have tried and LOVE. Daily. EVERY DAY, I put Dr. Bronners Peppermint Liquid Soap in my hair while in the shower, and let it sit in my hair for a couple minutes. No conditioner is needed after rinsing it out. I used to only wash my hair 2 times a week with baking soda, which was ok. But this is MUCH better. I got the idea from this forum, so thank you whoever started that thread. Shampoos in general may suck, but Dr. Bronners Liquid Soap as a shampoo is mind blowing and daily use is recommended. A bottle is like 7 to 9 dollars and will last few months.

I have not used shampoo daily since I was a kid in the early 80s because my hair then frizzed out if I didn't condition it. My hair hasn't looked this healthy and thick in years. I am definitely back to my hair circa 2006 because of bald areas filling back in slowly. Next stop 2002. Pics most likely going up by the end of the year.

Keep at it!

duel_black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:22 pm

duel black..

how many months have you been brushing/when did you see a difference? did you experience a really big shed the first month?

i stopped using nizoral from 3 times a week (for like 3 years) to once a week (the past month) and my scalp has started forming sebum plugs throughout... this isn't too pleasant, so i bought ACV and jojoba oil yesterday and hope i can combat my excess sebum production.

thanks

dudebro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:43 pm

I started the Margo Toweling and a violet ray wand back in Aug/Sept of last year. I started getting excited in Jan/Feb 2012, about 4 months later. But not enough to post any pics. Now almost a year into it and I am really glad I am sticking it out.

I only use the ray wand a few times a month at this point. But I use the massages or scalp exercises, along with brushing, and Bronners daily.

duel_black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  schpiloch123 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:29 pm

Dual- did you experience a shed at all?

schpiloch123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:37 am

dudebro,

I suggest you look into ways to limit the internal reasons for your excess sebum production. I believe vitamin A is a factor. DO a search of the forum as its been covered a bunch in the past.

Duketronix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:38 am

hey duke

yeah i actually did a search but as usual on these forums: i read opinions from A-Zzzzzz lol. do you have any experience with lowering sebum production through vitamin A?

externally, i think brushing actually promotes more sebum production. after i brush i add a little grape seed oil. I'm going to stick with jojoba oil/ACV 2-3x a week as a scalp cleaner until i get my hands on DR bronners

dudebro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:06 am

I'm not sure if it's specifically vitamin A that helped me, but I do take it. I used to get sebum build up especially around the back of my head where it could get really bad, but not any more.

Mine is definitely linked to sugar intake and eating this that spike insulin like white breads and too many grains. If I eat this stuff for a few days straight and don't take supps to help with the lacking nutrients from the poor diet, just a meal or two with crappy bread and I get really bad sebum build up.
Vitamin A you can get from your diet, and I usually do. Hard to say if it's just the A but food is the key for me, and if the food is poor supps seem to help.

What's your diet like?

Duketronix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:06 pm

duke,

i have been eating a lot of bread recently now that i think about it! but i bought whole oat nut bread (still made from whole wheat tho from the ingredients) maybe if i slow down on the bread i might see a difference.. but its hard not eating bread. or sugar.. it was my birthday a few days ago and avoiding sugar is like IMPOSSIBLE haha. oh well.

otherwise i eat a lot of blueberries/strawberries and bananas along with my normal meals, usually cooked (fatty) vegetables and bread. i figure since i work out a lot, my diet doesn't affect my weight that much. ill try a vitamin A supplement and see if it makes any difference.

i noticed jojoba oil/gradeseed oil helps SOME. Im going to have to hurry and get that soap duel_black recommended tho because i only noticed the sebum plugs after i decreased the amount of times i used nizoral to once a week.

keep me updated if you pinpoint your excess sebum production cause

dudebro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Obviously it's hard but I'd suggest trying going without bread and sugary stuff (even cut down on fruit) for a while. I personally thinks it's the main factors for me. I'm in extremely good shape, eight pack abs, gym 5 days a week, golf and squash once a week, frequent runs blah blah, but it doesn't change that I get bad scalp issues if I don't stick to mostly lightly cooked veggies and good protein in my diet. Some fruit of course, and occasional sugar is o.k. but grains I rarely eat, except quinoa. I find the problem is that because it IS so hard to avoid these things if you stop paying attention it really gets out of control.
If you try it for a few weeks you'll learn about yourself if nothing else and I'd be surprised if it didn't help.

Duketronix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ocelot911 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:38 pm

eating ray peat + boar brush + emu oil + coconut oil + IH top 6, seem to be doing well for me. Hopefully by the end of the year my crown will be FULL! Never really had issues with my temples though i suppose they can improve as well. The oils I use is for hairloss and hair health as my hair is long.

I'll probs report in a month or two for the progress.

ocelot911

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  marku on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:47 pm

duel_black wrote: Pics most likely going up by the end of the year.

Keep at it!

end of the year is here! hope you haven't forgot, i know some of us PP followers haven't lol Smile hope you have lots of hair by now...update us!

anyone else too, things looking amazing?

marku

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:34 am

Sure. As promised here are pics. I started Papilla/Maliniak in Sept 2011. For the last half of 2012 I mostly brush Ferox style. I don't take supplements anymore. I juice a lot, fast, and only eat organic. I use Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castile soap for shampoo, daily. Oil Pulling twice daily, and I still do Tom Hagerty's scalp exercises in the car, along with variations of Maliniak's massage. I brush with two bass bamboo bristle brushes.

I wouldn't say these pictures are setting the world on fire in terms of natural restoration. But they appear to be headed in the right direction. I am happy with my hair. I know it will continue to improve. And I don't comb it like this so it really looks pretty normal on most days.

March 2011

Dec 2011

Dec 2012

Best of luck!

duel_black

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodThings on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:25 am

I've come here to say that those who do not know PP's method should SERIOUSLY consider giving it a try. I don't have any pictures but my left temple has filled in nicely. Yes. Black coarse terminal hair about 1/4 inch long. And more baby black hair to grow longer. From my observation, it seems like the hair is growing in spots and generally from outside in. My right side is a different story. The amount of hair growth is less. The black coarse hair is not as long as my left side. I might have over done it. Many times i left an abrasion while doing the technique.

Again, i am not going to take any pictures to satisfy those that want proof. I used to have hair that was about a few inches long and was quite satisfied with my own technique (a variation of the PP's Method). I just knew this method would work so I shaved my hair off with a 1mm razor. That was a tough thing to do. But i just had to do it. You either drop everything and concentrate on this method or don't do it at all. To those that have patience and persistence, you will be rewarded. I am that testament! Good luck!

GoodThings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonMonk on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:51 pm

GoodThings, that's awesome news! Congratulations mate Smile

NeonMonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:35 pm

What is the method? Can someone explain to me please?

Alan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonMonk on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:44 am

Alan, if you're asking about the PP method that GoodThings is talking about, you'll have to google the word "Papillapower". The first site that comes up should be the one you're after (papillapower dot com). There are instructions there in how to obtain the method.

I do not think anyone can tell you the method except for Papilla Power himself. Everyone that knows the method has signed an agreement to not share or talk about the method. (For the record I do not know the method).

I believe an older method of PP can be learnt by reading an old book. The link is in this post: http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t7247p435-grow-new-hair-the-original-papilla-power#76419

From my understanding the older method is not as powerful as the PP method but it is working for me.

NeonMonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next