Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

AHK-Cu by itself ... my experience so far

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: AHK-Cu by itself ... my experience so far

Post  Nuuu_Dx on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:45 am

Do you use it in the rejuveplex that you buy from these guys??

Also how do you apply it, like how much, where on the head and actual method of application?

Has it had an affect on your crown?

Thanks afro

Nuuu_Dx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:59 am

Did you end up using the propylene glycol?

What percentage copper did you end up using?
Smurfy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JZ on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:30 pm

I have mixed it with Rejuveplex once or twice, and I think that this is probably a good idea, because alcohol and propylene glycol are harsh. That said, most of the time I just used 50% propylene glycol and 50% water. Propylene glycol doesn't seem to bother me.

I started off with 3-4% AHK-Cu, and then gradually moved up towards about 5%. I take zinc supplements, and every couple weeks I take a week off.

At this higher percent, I usually apply once a day. Spray bottle. Rub in. Temples and wherever else. Mostly just temples, since that's where I have the most hair loss, so I can't comment on the crown. But usually it's easier to regrow hair on the crown, isn't it? So I have no doubt it would be at least as good there.

JZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Have you noticed anything different with 5%, such as increased fat tissue over 2.5%?

j87x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JZ on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:26 pm

No, not really. But then I started moving up towards 5% pretty early. It would be really tough to figure out which works better unless you tested two groups of people, one group trying 2.5% and the other 5%.

JZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:23 am

I may buy the rejuveplex/ahk mix then at 2%, ive always thought of ahk as being a good 'starter' option for fighting hairloss.

Thanks for posting though, good to finally see an actual account of ahk experience!

Nuuu_Dx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JZ on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:30 pm

No problem. You might wanna use 2.5%, since 2.5% to 5% is the range the original studies found effective. (2.5% twice a day or 5% once.)

JZ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:11 pm

nidhogge wrote:
The_Mentalist wrote:
sc871 wrote:
JZ wrote:

Yes, 2/3 ethanol to 1/3 PG sounds about ideal.

I think the idea is to have both alcohol (or water), which is absorbed quickly, and PG, which is absorbed slowly. I have read of numerous different formulas; usually the fraction of PG is about 1/5 to 1/3.

I can't think of any reason not to mix AHK with minox solution. Other people have done this. I have not heard that they would cross-react or anything.

That is ton of ethanol, which is not good for the skin, where did you come up with that high amount of ethanol?

I have heard of a number of people mixing ahk in minox solution, never heard anything direct about them cross reacting but a number of people suggest not to combine the two as they thought it was less efecttive .

The Mentalist, here is a link to some PG http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Depot-PROPYLENE-GLYCOL-PINT-Propylene-Glycol/dp/B005F5KYM4/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343151543&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=prolyene+glycol

Sc,

that pg is expensive. Can you tell me if 50% of ethy alcohol, maybe 30% of glycerine, and 20% of water would be ideal for any such mix?

If you are in the US, can you name a store that might carry PG or should I just go for glycerin instead?

Are people really applying a solution with 50% alcohol to their heads?! IMO, this is madness. Regular topical application of alcohol induces cell apoptosis (death). If there are any negative side-effects to this topical concoction, the first thing that I would point a finger at is the alcohol as opposed to the copper tri-peptides. I had a study years ago that spoke of topical application, but have no idea where it is now...even so, there are numerous alcohol/cell apoptosis-related studies out there:

"Ethanol promotes T cell apoptosis through the mitochondrial pathway"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1782900/

While it may not directly affect hair fall-out in the short-term, by inducing cell apoptosis, alcohol accelerates the "aging program". Aging is the loss of operational cells over time....while your hair count may stay the same while using a heavy concentration of alcohol in your topical, you are gradually losing functional stem cells in the follicle. It's a slow process, but in essence, you trade in short-term gains for long-term, irreversible damage. So, while hair count may not be affected immediately, mitochondria and DNA certainly are getting negatively impacted. Alcohol/Ethanol can also result in moisture being drained from the scalp, resulting in dry, irritated and possibly enflamed skin (add in allergic reactions to ethanol which many of us have as well, and that's another source of inflammation..).

I have experimented with high ratios of alcohol solutions around the 70% mark, one of them using pure polish spirit 95.

I can say this will cause hair loss, many other boards say alcohol will not, but my conclusion it will. be-careful. I would say 40% is the highest I would go, and this is dependent on how many ml's of topical you are using.
bobthebuilder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:30 am

bobthebuilder, wow, good to see you man! Been a while. Thanks for sharing your experience with alcohol!

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:01 am

Getting the feeling DMSO is a good option.

DMSO vs. PG anyone?
Smurfy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:54 am

nidhogge wrote:bobthebuilder, wow, good to see you man! Been a while. Thanks for sharing your experience with alcohol!

Thanks Nidhogge, I had disappeared for a while, was on the marriage radar.

Last edited by bobthebuilder on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
bobthebuilder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 am

Smurfy wrote:Getting the feeling DMSO is a good option.

DMSO vs. PG anyone?

PG most likely will cause irritation. A irritated scalp will not grow hair (inflammation).

I use Butylene Glycol at the moment.
bobthebuilder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seuxin on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:44 am

Hello,

No news about AHK?

Seuxin

View user profile

Back to top Go down