Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Regrow your hair with the Ferox-Method

Page 6 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Regrow your hair with the Ferox-Method

Post  mistermr on Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Should we be concerned about the relation of skin irritation and cancer when doing the brushing method?

mistermr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  young trunks on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:03 pm

OK I need a solution going crazy and depressed. My loss is like 500 hairs or more a day. So I will do the boar brush. Cold Water after exercising. Take Cod/Fish oil and cayenne pepper.

What else is needed? I have keto, baking soda, etc. hair loss is vertex and temples. I'm being made fun of by family and I want this to end. I need some results ASAP

Please tell me what else can or should I add to regimen and how long. I have one solution that stopped the shedding but really expensive due to quantity needed.

young trunks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:10 pm

brewers yeast. people here have reported it decreased their shed.

when i discontinued my coconut oil my shedding did increase somewhat, so I suspect that it could help control shed.

brewers yeast has a lot of the trace minerals you need: selenium, zinc, copper, among others. its recommended to control shedding at various places. MPBresearch has an approach specifically designed to control shedding and its mainly biotin and the minerals which you can find all in one place in the brewers yeast. maybe double up on the dose till you control your shed.

i personally believe a good source of omega 3 applied topically can help you to block the conversion to the inflammatory pathway via AA. try flax oil or fish oil.

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Team Catfish on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Ferox - surely you have before photos?

Otherwise you're just another anonymous internet lurker spruiking unproven techniques.

Team Catfish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Ferox, how bad was the initial shed? Did you loss a level?

zeroes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:13 pm

a^ Haha, are you refering to the skin pigmentation effects of certain forms of silver? Nano, Ionic, Colloidal forms of silver don't cause argyria. The case of the man who used colloidal silver and ended up with grey skin turned out that he was making the stuff at home. A lot of people do this, but few to none of them are adversely affected. If you do it right, the silver is far too small to end up getting caught in the skin.

So we just have to trust some guys of the net 'do it right' and hope our skin doesnt turn grey?

hellwig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:30 pm

hellwig wrote:
a^ Haha, are you refering to the skin pigmentation effects of certain forms of silver? Nano, Ionic, Colloidal forms of silver don't cause argyria. The case of the man who used colloidal silver and ended up with grey skin turned out that he was making the stuff at home. A lot of people do this, but few to none of them are adversely affected. If you do it right, the silver is far too small to end up getting caught in the skin.

So we just have to trust some guys of the net 'do it right' and hope our skin doesnt turn grey?

http://www.iherb.com/Sovereign-Silver-Colloidal-Bio-Active-Silver-Hydrosol-10-PPM-16-fl-oz-473-ml/16056

You just have to know who to trust. I've personally drank bottles of another brands Colloidal Silver, and I'm definitely not grey.

The method he used to make colloidal silver is very common. Two pure (not sterling) silver wires are placed into a glass of water and are electrified by 27 volts DC battery power, one connected to the neg. post, the other to the positive by wire or alligator clips. The directions are available through many sources. Unfortunately, people are often ill-advised to use sea salt or saline or even table salt as an additive to the water to "enhance" the process (speed it up.) Another mistake is to use any water other than high quality distilled water such as drinking water.

The problem is that presence of salt produces a large silver salt particles such as silver chloride in addition to making fine particle CS. Apparently, silver salts, not the fine-particle colloidal silver is what can cause argyria. Otherwise, there would be far more cases of this type of argyria being reported. Indeed, more reports may surface since the release of the AP article. However, to think about or review this concern critically, we must have all the facts. Was a salt or non-distilled water used in the process? How much of the product was consumed? Was it in fact CS or a silver salt compound such as silver nitrate or silver chloride that was consumed?

This is the same unanswered question regarding Rosemary Jacobs, the infamous "blue lady" who took prescription silver nasal drops for allergies before antibiotics became the treatment of choice. Though silver nitrates were the prescription silver drug used at that time, she insists that it may have been a colloidal silver she took. She fails to distinguish between the two, succeeding in confusing others that they are one and the same thing. By definition, a colloid a very tiny, electrically charged particle, not a large salt compound.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurx on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:39 am

Would iodine produce a similar effect to nano-silver? Like in Derry's regeneration of human scar tissue with topical iodine. In the back of my mind I think about the "self amputating" hairs Derry described, even though I don't think it would apply to naturally haired areas.

I put some calcium ascorbate in my Lugol's to make it clear and have been experimenting with it to control inflammation. A bit got onto where I had brushed and it tingled for what seemed like an hour or more.

Lurx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:54 am

A user named thefunkystumpfighter did some extensive exeperimenting on himself with lugols topical, from what I remember there was some good results but it was a very cumbersome regimen as there is nothing gentle about the substance. I have to say though that lugols is the best home remedy I've ever used, I recently anihalated a planters wart with lugols. Stings like a bitch though. Silver works on a very different principle, and is just as antibacterial, just usually isn't as concentrated. Combined with tiny, ultra small picoamp electric currents its been shown to stimulate full cellular degeneration back into stem cells. This is similar to the bone necrosis treatments that some of you might have heard about developed with the us military in the seventies.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AL123 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:31 am

Team Catfish wrote:Ferox - surely you have before photos?

Otherwise you're just another anonymous internet lurker spruiking unproven techniques.
+1

AL123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:41 pm

I received my brush and started brushing. My scalp now tingles. I didn't seem to lose a lot of hair in the brush but my hair is short.

The issue I have is I am flaking a lot of white flakes which is either dandruff or more likely psoriasis.

zeroes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

30 years?

Post  wildman on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Mr. Ferox, where are you getting this notion and saying it took Papilla Power 30 years to grow his hair back? This statement is categorically false and misleading. PP has clearly stated many times that it took him around 4 years to grow his hair back, 30 YEARS AGO. Big difference. On the other hand, you have been expounding the virtues of growing new hair, with the "Ferox Method" (brushing one's hair) when you have stated that you have only been brushing your hair for, what 3 months? Judging by your photos, you clearly have a full head of hair. Where is your experience with hair loss? You surely cannot that think that we are to believe that based on your few months of hair brushing, you have grown a complete, full head of hair?

Anyone who has done any research whatsoever as to how hair grows, knows full well that you probably won't see a new hair for at least 3 months from the time you start any vigorous massage, be it towelling, Papilla Power, brushing etc. Therefore, based on this timeline, you simply do not and cannot have the experience with hair loss or hair growth to support your claim that you know how a balding person can grow a new head of hair. You already have a full head of hair and you have only been applying "The Ferox Method" for 3 months. That is not to say that brushing the hair is not helpful, I know for a fact that it is very helpful. There is, however more that is required.

Mr. Papilla Power has shown that he has this experience, gained over a 30 year period after being diagnosed with Male Pattern Baldness and wearing a toupee, 30 years ago.

It would be a good idea to qualify your statements more carefully, before posting on a public form.

ferox wrote:
retrohair wrote:Hey Ferox-
I haven't seen you post anything today so I wanted to say the Fonz comment was a compliment to and meant nothing negative. I'm sceptical of everything and really I'm only a believer in papilla method due to his long journey of over 30 years of applying it. I don't say this to doubt your method I have practiced yours and appreciate it very much. I just struggle with getting hair growth in my 3rd month that's all. Please keep us posted on your progress as I will mine. Thanks man.

Here a little quote from http://recedinghairline.blogspot.de/2005/06/my-true-story.html?m=1 :

Another picture a year later revealed a little more improvement. So you can see that this is not something that happens quickly. It can be compared to growing out your hair, which also takes several years to accomplish.

That's the reason why I wrote that you have to brush at least 6 months or even 1 year. This is nothing what happens fast but it will work for sure! And papillapower needed even 30 years lol...

wildman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 30 years.

Post  wildman on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:45 pm

I want to make sure that I qualified my previous post accurately, hence the additional post with the necessary quotes. If I may reiterate, at no time did Papilla Power say it took 30 years to grow his hair back, but that he has been applying his method on his own scalp and others, over a 30 year period. Having communicated with him and understanding his method, history and it's origins, I am sure anyone that has correspondence with Mr. PP can confirm that it took him approximately 4 years for his hair to completely fill in. Therefore, for Mr. Ferox to claim that one needs to brush one's hair for 6 months to 1 year, when evidently he himself has only been applying "The Ferox Method" (brushing one's hair) for roughly 3 months, to me, doesn't make a lot of sense. In the same sentence he says Papilla Power needed 30 years to grow his hair back. Again Mr. Ferox, this statement is categorically, false. Furthermore, Papilla Power has provided photos of his own scalp after 3 months and 7 months of applying the PP method, on this very forum and after 10 months on his own website.

Finally, I have asked Mr. Ferox in a previous post, why is it that I, or anyone should brush their hair for 6 to 12 months before seeing new hair growth, and have still had no reply to this simple question. Again Mr. Ferox, I ask you to share your expertise and explain to me why I should brush my hair for 6-12 months before I start to see results? Is this based on your own personal experience and is the link (below) a quotation from your own test subject that you have provided based on your own personal research? Please help me to understand more fully, the history and timeline of your expertise.

Here a little quote from http://recedinghairline.blogspot.de/2005/06/my-true-story.html?m=1

quote="ferox"]
retrohair wrote:Hey Ferox-
I haven't seen you post anything today so I wanted to say the Fonz comment was a compliment to and meant nothing negative. I'm sceptical of everything and really I'm only a believer in papilla method due to his long journey of over 30 years of applying it. I don't say this to doubt your method I have practiced yours and appreciate it very much. I just struggle with getting hair growth in my 3rd month that's all. Please keep us posted on your progress as I will mine. Thanks man.

Here a little quote from http://recedinghairline.blogspot.de/2005/06/my-true-story.html?m=1 :

Another picture a year later revealed a little more improvement. So you can see that this is not something that happens quickly. It can be compared to growing out your hair, which also takes several years to accomplish.

That's the reason why I wrote that you have to brush at least 6 months or even 1 year. This is nothing what happens fast but it will work for sure! And papillapower needed even 30 years lol...[/quote]

wildman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:20 am

Maybe Ferox got a bit over-enthusiastic about his method. I am sure he's not trying to mislead anyone with the timescales he's throwing out. Since he isnt making, or planning to make, any money of this thing, you really shouldnt be giving him courtroom level cross questioning when all he's doing is trying to help.

hellwig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I appreciate anyone trying to help.

Post  wildman on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:09 am

I really don't think asking Mr. Ferox why I should brush my hair for 6-12 months is courtroom level cross questioning. This is a legitimate question that I believe, deserves a legitimate response. After all, it was he that suggested it. I simply want to know why. He did start this thread and suggest gravity boots, headstands, boar bristle brushes etc.. Perhaps he is trying to help and that's great. I appreciate that. My query has nothing to do with him making or not making money. If Mr. Ferox is willing to share his wisdom, then I think it is quite legitimate to inquire as to the basis and source of his knowledge. I simply would like to know what is his own personal experience with hair loss and hair growth.

hellwig wrote:Maybe Ferox got a bit over-enthusiastic about his method. I am sure he's not trying to mislead anyone with the timescales he's throwing out. Since he isnt making, or planning to make, any money of this thing, you really shouldnt be giving him courtroom level cross questioning when all he's doing is trying to help.

wildman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:18 am

I'm guessing he hasnt done any FDA approved trials to verify his advice and is simply saying 6 months just to stop people getting disheartened and quitting too soon. If you want to ask something there is a right way and a wrong way, and you are going about it in the wrong way. There's loads of people on this forum suggesting loads of things that have no proof of working and you're choosing to pick on this one guy who I personally feel is onto something, whether he can articulate himself like CS or not.

hellwig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:31 am

Brushing is part of a healthy hair maintenance routine independent of whether or not it will reverse androgenetic alopecia, chances are you should be brushing and stimulating your scalp independly of that.

In the scientific Journal published I by Wiley Science, Medical Hypothesis, one was advanced that androgenetic alopecia proceeds in part or mainly because of androgen mediated degredation of the circulatory structures surrounding the hair follicle. Studies have found reduced blood flow in the scalps of those with AGA. Furthermore other cardivascular issues have been found to correlate with AGA.

So, anything which improves your cardiovascular health, or improves your circulation could have some benefit for your AGA.

Is brushing a panacea? I don't think so, but given that scientific studies are often funded by companies with profit motive, I wouldnt hold my breath on a study ever coming out which says brushing can fight baldness, even if it really can, since there is no patent to be had or profit to be had from promoting brushing your hair. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. The FDA and the scientific and medical establishment are not Gods. They might not catch everything that is effective.

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mistyisland on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:07 am

hellwig wrote:I'm guessing he hasnt done any FDA approved trials to verify his advice and is simply saying 6 months just to stop people getting disheartened and quitting too soon. If you want to ask something there is a right way and a wrong way, and you are going about it in the wrong way. There's loads of people on this forum suggesting loads of things that have no proof of working and you're choosing to pick on this one guy who I personally feel is onto something, whether he can articulate himself like CS or not.

Hellwig, I couldn't agree with you more.

Wildman, there are tons of threads (not only in this forum, but others) about the value of circulation and hair growth. Do your due diligence. If you don't believe in it, don't do it.

mistyisland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:07 pm

Team Catfish wrote:Ferox - surely you have before photos?

Before:
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t7419p60-regrow-your-hair-with-the-ferox-method#75181

After:
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t7419p75-regrow-your-hair-with-the-ferox-method#75187
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t7419p90-regrow-your-hair-with-the-ferox-method#75226

I wish his after was up close like his before.

zeroes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:22 pm

zeroes wrote:I received my brush and started brushing. My scalp now tingles. I didn't seem to lose a lot of hair in the brush but my hair is short.

The issue I have is I am flaking a lot of white flakes which is either dandruff or more likely psoriasis.

Only time will tell - it is POSSIBLE that is sloughing off dead skin cells to make way for new hair to come through.
Mastery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LOLOLOL

Post  wildman on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Right way of asking a question? How about a right way of ANSWERING a question?

I know plenty about the benefits of circulation and it's importance pertaining to hair growth. And, rest assured, it is because I have done my of due diligence.

I'm not picking on anyone. The guy blatantly, PUBLICLY. misquotes and misrepresents Papilla Power and his program, that actually has, and has proven to have over 30 years of experience with HAIR GROWTH, who has provided before and after photographs on this forum, yet no-one says jack about that. Still, you continue to expound the virtues of "THE FEROX METHOD"? I want to know, where is the proof? This has nothing to do with "articulating like CS" , He's making a claim and I want to know on what basis that claim comes from. I am simply requesting basic, simple, EMPIRICAL data, that he is using to support HIS claim. If this cannot be provided, then I am sorry to say, that claim can no longer have any credibility. This is not about ego. It is about basic, scientific EMPIRICAL data. The exact same principals that this forum is based upon. Joszef Szilard and Albert Einstein didn't speak perfect English. It didn't stop them from developing the most powerful force the world has ever known, that was finally demonstrated at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The difference is, one of these men lobbied to ensure that it was never used as a military weapon.

mistyisland wrote:
hellwig wrote:I'm guessing he hasnt done any FDA approved trials to verify his advice and is simply saying 6 months just to stop people getting disheartened and quitting too soon. If you want to ask something there is a right way and a wrong way, and you are going about it in the wrong way. There's loads of people on this forum suggesting loads of things that have no proof of working and you're choosing to pick on this one guy who I personally feel is onto something, whether he can articulate himself like CS or not.

Hellwig, I couldn't agree with you more.

Wildman, there are tons of threads (not only in this forum, but others) about the value of circulation and hair growth. Do your due diligence. If you don't believe in it, don't do it.

wildman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:40 pm

I know what some people are trying to get with Ferox, but think about it, why he was able to get such good results out of his technique was maybe because catching his hair loss in the early stages before his capillary network had degraded as far as the point many people get to before doing/finding something to help the restore hair growth, meaning he didnít have as far to back track and repair his veins/capillaries that started to degrade...

Just my opinion???

And that brushing, massaging, diet have helped me shed and now re-grown healthy terminal hairs, also getting my 3year hair line back!
FATE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:24 pm

FATE? wrote:I know what some people are trying to get with Ferox, but think about it, why he was able to get such good results out of his technique was maybe because catching his hair loss in the early stages before his capillary network had degraded as far as the point many people get to before doing/finding something to help the restore hair growth, meaning he didnít have as far to back track and repair his veins/capillaries that started to degrade...

Just my opinion???

And that brushing, massaging, diet have helped me shed and now re-grown healthy terminal hairs, also getting my 3year hair line back!

GREAT!!!!!

Here are 2 pictures of my temples where I pointet out the regrwoth with red circles! And don't forget: I gained these results in only 2 months!!!!!

Have a look!

ferox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Ferox - How many minutes would you estimate you brush your hair for everyday?

Mastery wrote:
zeroes wrote:I received my brush and started brushing. My scalp now tingles. I didn't seem to lose a lot of hair in the brush but my hair is short.

Only time will tell - it is POSSIBLE that is sloughing off dead skin cells to make way for new hair to come through.

That is possible as well. Good news is I am flaking a lot (99%) less. So whatever it was seems to have cleared up mostly.

I personally don't enjoy the brushing sensation from a boar bristle brush as it feels like pain. I am also not applying any extra pressure.

zeroes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:41 pm

zeroes wrote:Ferox - How many minutes would you estimate you brush your hair for everyday?

I am doing 110 strokes on each temple, the last 10 strokes I do it with a bit more pressure to get a stronger irritation.

You can do it fast or slow, it doesn't matter IMO. After 10 strokes I am already seeing how my scalp/skin becomes red. So it works very well and fast.

I also recommend to brush nonbaldingareas to prevent future hairloss.

ferox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top