Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Regrow your hair with the Ferox-Method

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Regrow your hair with the Ferox-Method

Post  Xenon on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:31 pm

Started brushing today (Took some pictures) I am a NW1.5 whereby I'm leaning towards a NW2 Sad . Just a quick question in regards to brushing:

If I was an NW1.5 there is no way I'd risk further recession through boar brushing. I believe that brushing / combing my temples everyday chronically inflamed the tissue and accelerated my recession. How can I be sure of this? First of all, not only did I notice the temples being inflamed, but the inflammation seemed to be worse in the temple that was brushed / combed the most. This temple was the first to wither away, so I parted the other temple and began brushing that one more; it inflamed worse, then the hair began to fall out.

There's obviously much more to the story than that, but if I could go back in time, there is no way I'd have ever have used combs / brushes on my head, at least not to the level of causing the tissue to chronically inflame.

Was obsessive combing / brushing the root cause of the inflammation / hairloss? IDK, but it definitely played a significant role.

ETA: I think the difference here is, that I *obsessively* irritated the tissue with brush and comb bristles, yet some of you have reported seeing a few hairs regrow, so I have to take this into account. I just think that, until we know more about what triggers the growth factors byway of this method, then it needs to be looked at with more careful consideration.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:39 pm

how much did you brush? Also, did you notice one receeding faster than the other when you were just combing your hair regularly, not brushing for therapeutic reasons? And whats your thought on DT?

I dunno, I have seen way to many positive accounts of brushing.. Check the second set of pictures in this link. I think theres proof right there..

http://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&ei=SLtLUMX6BdGUiQfbw4GoDg&hl=en&nv=1&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://vipadenievolos.ru/ostanavlivaem-vypadenie-volos-chesaniem-golovy-metodika-ot-dzheka-page-26%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1195%26bih%3D861%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&u=http://vipadenievolos.ru/ostanavlivaem-vypadenie-volos-chesaniem-golovy-metodika-ot-dzheka-page-26

**edit: also, how long did you try brushing ? Temples will definitely shed for a bit man, thats normal..

Last edited by sizzlinghairs on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

sizzlinghairs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:51 pm

sizzling, I edited my last post, but I'll continue anyway... I brushed / combed just to style my hair, but as pointed out in the last post, I was pretty much obsessed with doing this, so it is little wonder that the temples began to chronically inflame. And yes, the temple that I brushed / combed the most was the one that started to wither away first.

But I don't want to be pig ignorant here... some of you have reported seeing some regrowth via boar brushing, so the fine line here may be between chronic inflammation and short term, in being that the former prevents proper wound healing. Maybe this is why some of you have had a ittle success and others have experienced worse hair loss.

I just think that this method needs to be looked at more carefully before just wading in like a bull in a fine china shop.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:17 pm

I also think that androgens play a role in the suppression of growth factors in scalp follicles, not to mention making them more susceptible to inflammation. We know that estrogen promotes the migration of progenitor cells to scalp hair, so there must be a synergistic relationship between androgens + too much brushing. I mean, I'd been combing my hair every day for years prior to producing androgens, yet my temples only began to inflame, and I experienced shedding, around the age of 16 - 17.

There's more to it than this, though, but I prefer to just keep things on topic at this point.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Well it seems that from your previous posts in this forum you have had a definite sensitivity with inflammation in general.

I really think it was just AGA that caused your temples to recede. Brushing can definitely cause a shed, no doubt. But if done therapeutically, not just for styling etc, for consistent extended periods of time, then I think some can get results.

Did you see the second set of pictures in that link? They are damn impressive. Huge temple regrowth that guy got.

You were just using a regular comb yes?

sizzlinghairs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:24 pm

Yes, just a regular plastic tooth comb and brush. But what could the difference really be? Boar brush and regular brushes cause friction induced inflammation if overused. It's like if I scratch the shit out of my skin using my nail, it is going to inflame it regardless. It seems, though, that androgens somehow assist in making inflammation worse.

But, anyway, I'm taking into account what you're saying about the success cases, but what about the guys who have been doing this for over a year and reported accelerated shedding and no signs of regrowth? What is your opinion on that? Also, how has this benefited your hair, f you don't mind me asking?

Understand, that I'm not taking a piss on the method, I just want to know why it apparently yields regrowth in some but not for others. Can you explain that?
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Well first everyone's body's are a bit different. So manuals have to be adjusted /tweaked till the right way is found for that individual. But I believe the principals are sound.

Breaking up fibrosis/stimulating progenitor cells through micro wounding/DT/brushing.

As for myself, I am noticing small sprouts on my temples. I follow them very closely and know they are new. My existing hair does go through sheds but always seems to come back which is good. It is a pain seeing temples seem like they are receding further but they always seem to regenerate. So overall I see patches of new sprouts . I am hoping they continue to grow darker and longer.

sizzlinghairs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Well, best of luck either way. I hope you regrow your hair soon enough.

Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:18 pm

Thanks.

What's your thoughts on DT?

sizzlinghairs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:56 pm

Well, sizzling, I made some comments on the DT thread because some guys were reporting worse inflammation and shedding. My main concern was basically in regards to heavy kneading against emissary veins which enter the skull sinuses. I figured that pressing these veins against hard bone material and the sinus edges might cause them damage... possibly rupturing.

And while I'm on the point of the hard bones of the skull, it could be that cells might suffer too much compression if pressed to hard against the skull. From what I've read, too much compression to cells can cause them damage. I suppose you could liken it to taking an orange and pressing it against a wall. because the wall is made of solid material, the orange would basically rupture easier. Yet if you pressed an orange against a soft mattress it would take so much more effort for it to rupture because the soft mattress would sink in and cushion the orange.

Maybe this is part of the reason why some of the DT'rs are experiencing accelerated shedding and loss -- too much pressure from kneading might be causing damage to cells.

Again, it's not my intention to attack theories, I'm merely responding to the guys who have been losing their hair from this method, so I decided to offer my opinion on what the problem *might* be (FWIW).
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:32 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Stress, how you been doing it? (10 min via ferox style?) and how long?

few months. I'm not really sure what method I do. I just bought one of the boars brushes and do 30 hard strokes on each of my temples once a day.

stresssucks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:56 am

Xenon wrote:Well, sizzling, I made some comments on the DT thread because some guys were reporting worse inflammation and shedding. My main concern was basically in regards to heavy kneading against emissary veins which enter the skull sinuses. I figured that pressing these veins against hard bone material and the sinus edges might cause them damage... possibly rupturing.

And while I'm on the point of the hard bones of the skull, it could be that cells might suffer too much compression if pressed to hard against the skull. From what I've read, too much compression to cells can cause them damage. I suppose you could liken it to taking an orange and pressing it against a wall. because the wall is made of solid material, the orange would basically rupture easier. Yet if you pressed an orange against a soft mattress it would take so much more effort for it to rupture because the soft mattress would sink in and cushion the orange.

Maybe this is part of the reason why some of the DT'rs are experiencing accelerated shedding and loss -- too much pressure from kneading might be causing damage to cells.

Again, it's not my intention to attack theories, I'm merely responding to the guys who have been losing their hair from this method, so I decided to offer my opinion on what the problem *might* be (FWIW).

Interesting point however in DT you mainly pinch the scalp skin. So the skin is pressed against itself on another side. If we were to take the orange analogy this would provide quite a lot of tolerance for pressure. However you don't even pinch with all your force. It's not hardcore pinching until you black out of pain, but only enough to cause a bit of accute inflammation,not chronic. I think DT is amazingly healthy for the scalp and hair but off course everything in moderation. For that exact reason I am doing DT about only 10 minutes a day once or twice depends. What I'm doing is what Rob from perfecthairhealth ebook suggested as possibly the best DT method possible.

Keanoseg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:47 am

Keano, I was just going by what Drexx said in regards to DT. He said that he uses his fingers like a bunch of markers pressing down on the scalp, as if he was colouring it in while simultaneously stretching it, so to speak. I figured that this may have been the reason why some have been reporting inflammation and shedding, so I thought it was worth mentioning that this might have been a problem in terms of friction, compression, etc.

I saw some guy who had a surgical balloon fitted into his scalp to stretch it and grow new cells, so I'd imagine that the scalp stretching exercises would probably help to gradually loosen the scalp also. Whether this is fundamental to regrowth is another issue, but either way, I have to give you guys credit for giving it a shot. Even if it didn't work, then so what? At least it provides us with some knowledge on what works and what doesn't. So everything is a success on that merit.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:17 am

Xenon wrote:Keano, I was just going by what Drexx said in regards to DT. He said that he uses his fingers like a bunch of markers pressing down on the scalp, as if he was colouring it in while simultaneously stretching it, so to speak. I figured that this may have been the reason why some have been reporting inflammation and shedding, so I  thought it was worth mentioning that this might have been a problem in terms of friction, compression, etc.

I saw some guy who had a surgical balloon fitted into his scalp to stretch it and grow new cells, so I'd imagine that the scalp stretching exercises would probably help to gradually loosen the scalp also. Whether this is fundamental to regrowth is another issue, but either way, I have to give you guys credit for giving it a shot. Even if it didn't work, then so what? At least it provides us with some knowledge on what works and what doesn't. So everything is a success on that merit.

Yeah Drexx was the first one who really stated publicly in details here how exactly he does DT. And while I think the pressing and "colouring" might be beneficial to some blood flow and general loosening of the scalp, I don't think there is any other more effective method here than pinching. And you don't even need that much force if you pinch right. Why I think that anything else besides pinching is not important is because pinching does it all. Inner and outer compression in moderate doses while simultaneously loosening the scalp because it is stretched a bit with every pinch. I think DT should be renamed to "Pinching".

Keanoseg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Keanoseg on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:31 am

I don't know man, I guess most of the people that lurk around these threads wait for that final verdict "Yes it works, now comes the time to be at a total mental ease". Personally, I can't really say that I BELIEVE it works because I'm seeing results on my own head via thickening and the hair strength when you try to pull anything out and color gain and some pretty thick vellus hairs in my temples. And I'm only 3 months in. Why I stick around these threads is because I want to see if we can pinpoint it down. If everyone suffering from "mpb" can treat it with "DT" it would definately mean that in 90% cases or more the "reason" or the symptoms and prerequisites are the same, which only makes sense as we already know that it all starts in the scalp with some sorts of inflammation. What comes out of that though? Fibrosis, which was a topic of a lot of hair loss researches, is an excess of fibrous tissues during a reperative process. They were sent there to repair something for a reason(inflammation). Also the link between fibrosis,inflammation with calcification and DHT and other toxic materials that are "stuck" in between all that. Hair loss is a complex process however I really believe that we can pinpoint it to only few things that are DIRECTLY causing recession. If we were to talk about indirect there would never be an end because we went to space but we still don't know how our bodies operate. Quite fascinating but also fustrating. So far I read alot about this topic but I think that things that cause balding directly are disectable and we already know them.

Keanoseg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDivineMarquis on Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:44 pm

Anyone still brushing? Sometimes I kinda regret that I´ve stopped. My hair used to look much better, and I wonder if it was a good hair maintenance method.
TheDivineMarquis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daredevil on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:53 pm

Is there anyone here who has had some success with this method?

There is this yahoo answer guru Mukunda m who has been posting this method for years in his answers..honestly i don't understand why would anyone spend so many years trolling about a method that doesn't work at all.

For someone who hasn't seen his answers on hair loss, search "mukunda m hair loss" in google.
Daredevil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:19 pm

Daredevil wrote:Is there anyone here who has had some success with this method?

There is this yahoo answer guru Mukunda m who has been posting this method for years in his answers..honestly i don't understand why would anyone spend so many years trolling about a method that doesn't work at all.

For someone who hasn't seen his answers on hair loss, search "mukunda m hair loss" in google.

From my own experience, combing / brushing my temples too much in my teens, this is where my hairloss first started. The more I did this, the worse it got. So I started parting my hair in the middle (to hide my receded temples) and when I kept combing the vertex area, it also began to thin. I can only imagine that the friction was causing low grade inflammation, which eventually exhausted the store of progenitor cells within the bulge. This is known as 'inflammaging'.

Of course androgens played a very major role too (esp. due to excessive fapping), as it would seem that they induce degenerative changes in progenitor cells, which then leads to a decline in regenerative capacities of follicles. So, although androgens target follicles for accelerated inflammaging, the process is exacerbated by creating further inflammation from continuous combing / brushing and other insults.

Had I have not combed my hair so much in my youth, I think that I'd still have had a much fuller hairline today. I'm still slowly losing it, but if I'd still been combing, I'd have been slick bald by now. No doubt about that.

So, just saying, I personally can't see the difference between boar brushing and combing - both create friction, inflammation and accelerated baldness.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daredevil on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:09 pm

Xenon wrote:
Daredevil wrote:Is there anyone here who has had some success with this method?

From my own experience, combing / brushing my temples too much in my teens, this is where my hairloss first started. The more I did this, the worse it got. So I started parting my hair in the middle (to hide my receded temples) and when I kept combing the vertex area, it also began to thin. I can only imagine that the friction was causing low grade inflammation, which eventually exhausted the store of progenitor cells within the bulge. This is known as 'inflammaging'.

Of course androgens played a very major role too (esp. due to excessive fapping), as it would seem that they induce degenerative changes in progenitor cells, which then leads to a decline in regenerative capacities of follicles. So, although androgens target follicles for accelerated inflammaging, the process is exacerbated by creating further inflammation from continuous combing / brushing and other insults.

Had I have not combed my hair so much in my youth, I think that I'd still have had a much fuller hairline today. I'm still slowly losing it, but if I'd still been combing, I'd have been slick bald by now. No doubt about that.

So, just saying, I personally can't see the difference between boar brushing and combing - both create friction, inflammation and accelerated baldness.

Fair points man.

Hair loss is a very complex topic indeed and i hear a ton of things which contradict each other. Some say brushing would create more inflammation and thus help the balding process, others say brushing or dermarolling for that matter, would enhance collagen production due to the wound healing response.

I personally tried a similar brushing method (after reading that yahoo answer fellow) for about two months, and then i got lazy and gave up though i feel it didn't cause further recession and my scalp felt somewhat better. I want to know from someone who has tried this for some time, like 6 months to a year to see if they have any positive result from it. This thread is very long so hopefully there are people who have tried it for long enough.
Daredevil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:37 am

Who knows? There might be a method in the madness somewhere, it's just that so many guys seemed to report worse hairloss from it, and Ferox disappeared despite claiming great regrowth.

At one time I was willing to give the theory a little sympathy because I wondered if adequate recovery time was the key element necessary to induce growth factors -- similar to strengthening the gums by brushing them twice per day, as opposed to overdoing it. But IDK... from personal experience, friction induced inflammation just seemed to cause my hair to rapidly deteriorate.

Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daredevil on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:18 am

Xenon,
The OP disappearing after claiming regrowth makes this questionable. Was reading through the pages, in the beginning some seemed to agree with Ferox that this works but it all faded away after that. He even claimed his father was getting hair growth from this.

IDK either man, why would anyone troll about hair loss if it has no merit at all. Did you see that mukunda m's answers? He's all over yahoo answers with this method. Laughing

Daredevil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:46 am

I've never heard of this Mukunda M before... just looking now, and all I see, so far, is some yahoo posts, but no before and after pics. If you have more detailed info, then please send me some links. IDK if he's a scammer / troll, whatnot, but, you saw how long Complexx remained on here, waxed lyrical about his incredible regrowth, but whenever asked for pics, he'd go on the warpath. Well, as I soon found out, Complexx was an affiliate marketer using this site to plug another bogus hairloss method, so he could make money. As soon as I rumbled him with the evidence, he never logged back in again.

The internet is full of unscrupulous idiots of Complexx' ilk.

Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Daredevil on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:09 am

Xenon wrote:I've never heard of this Mukunda M before... just looking now, and all I see, so far, is some yahoo posts, but no before and after pics. If you have more detailed info, then please send me some links. IDK if he's a scammer / troll, whatnot, but, you saw how long Complexx remained on here, waxed lyrical about his incredible regrowth, but whenever asked for pics, he'd go on the warpath. Well, as I soon found out, Complexx was an affiliate marketer using this site to plug another bogus hairloss method, so he could make money. As soon as I rumbled him with the evidence, he never logged back in again.

The internet is full of unscrupulous idiots of Complexx' ilk.

Nah this mukunda guy doesn't have any before after pics, but he probably has answered 1000 questions with roughly the same answer.  Laughing  Seems strange but i don't see any financial gains for him through his trolling haha who knows.

Yeah i read your interactions with Complexx in the DT thread probably. He was 100% sure everything was working, and then runs away. Seems like after countless experimentations, nothing really works other than the conventional Fin/Minox. I'm just not willing to go down that road, so i'll see if i can benefit from immortal's regimen at least.
Daredevil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:31 am

Yeh, man, be your own judge. I don't want to push my opinions on anyone, it just annoys me when people promote theories which ultimately cause worse hairloss in the long run. That's why I tend to be vocal about these things at times - despite the shit I get for it. I just think, that if you are in the early stages of losing your hair, and you're young, then why make things worse for yourself?

I'm more accepting of my hairloss today because it's somewhat normal for a guy in his late 30's to have at least some hairloss. Considering I first started losing my hair as early as 15, I think I've done pretty well to remain a NW 2.5. 20+ years later. If I never took any action to combat my hairloss, I'd have been slick bald by now. Yet, despite that, I haven't been able to regrow the hair that I did lose all of those years ago, so, in some respects, it has been a waste of time, as MPB seems to be a one way street unless you tackle the problem while it's still in it's infancy stages. Do that and you've got a good chance of regrowing recently lost hair and keeping the remainder for longer.

As they say, prevention is better than cure.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:12 am

I'm sure Ferox was selling Bristle Brushes Rolling Eyes

MovieJunkie89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content