Help! Neuropathy and Hair Loss!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help! Neuropathy and Hair Loss!

Post  taidan on Mon May 07, 2012 11:24 am

Hi Guys, 22 with MPB and lots of health problems...scalp inflammation and pimpled definitely part of it.

Long story short, I have methylation issues that I correct and feel better...but hten have to stop because it causes inlammation and neuropathy! (I think more glutathione -> TH1 shift).

Anything that supresses immune system makes me sic (fishoil) , but things like zinc (TH1?), methylation supps (TH1?), magnesium (increases AA by upreglating delta 5 reductase?) give me parasthesia and muscle twitching, brainfog and neuropathy type symptoms!

My issues are so non specific, that I have not been diagnoses with an official autoimmune disease yet, but I do have a positive ANA.

I need to cool down the inflammation, so I can get my methylation working again...but I need to get rid of pathogens I think first?

Like the MP says, vit d makes me worse, and my 1.25 25oh ratio fits the bill per their calculator.

I also have adrenal issues so I can' exactly go crazy on the cutler protocol. My hair mercury is borderline, but I don't fit the counting guidelines. I also have pyrroluria, but again zinc gives me neuropathy and I need to stay away from B6 as I have an upregulated CBS (als MTHFR ++ and COMT ++).

I got my tonsils out because I would get frequent infections and I have border CMV titers. I think one of the hidden pathogens is CMV that is triggering my immunge genes and causing inflammation... HELP!! where do I start with this mess?!

Thanks!!

taidan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help! Neuropathy and Hair Loss!

Post  Lurx on Tue May 08, 2012 4:07 am

You sound like you know a lot more than I do, but have you read any messages posted online by "Freddd"? Dude has some good insights into adverse methylation and nervous system reactions.

Here's one of his messages, which might give a rough idea. If not you could try searching around for posts by him on that forum. Here's one on zinc...

Are you taking any oils for the pyrroluria? I have all the downstream deficiencies of PU and borage oil tends to take the edge off my scalp inflammation.

Lurx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top