Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  SlowMoe on Fri May 25, 2012 6:34 am

Also, if it was the fat layer causing the transplanted follicle to survive, what keeps the fat from being depleted, like all of the surrounding fat cells?
avatar
SlowMoe

Posts : 1093
Join date : 2012-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  AL123 on Fri May 25, 2012 6:43 am

SlowMoe wrote:Im goingbto sound like a broken record here, but I have read so many theories on hair loss, I didn't know what to believe and had completely gave up as of 3 months ago. 

I had actually shaved my head and planned on leaving it that way, but one day I was feeling my scalp and I noticed how tight the skin was in my balding areas. it was so tight, it was shiny.

The next thing I noticed, was that the skin where my hair is completely full was much, much looser. it was ONLY tight where the skin was balding, and the tighter the skin, the more bald I was (vertex, sides if hairline). The tightness was in the EXACT shape as my baldness.


That's when it hit me that the Tight skid had to play a big role.
I mean look at any guy with a bald spot, the skin is stretched so tight that it is shiny. Every bald head that I see is really tight and shiny.

After doing a lot of research I came to the conclusion that the scalp muscles pulling the galea tight must be the root cause if our hair weakening. 

I think that the tight skin compromises the blood flow bringing nutrients to the scalp; this may, in turn also deplete the nutrients in the fat layer, leading to inflammation, DHT accumulation, or whatever causes the scalp to degenerate or become prone to the negative effects of sicknesses or diseases..

The only pattern that I can see in male pattern baldness is a tight scalp.....


did you read the case study i posted above?
the difference between our approaches is the order of the causation. you consider compromised blood flow before adipose tissue, i say do whatever you can to increase blood flow, it's the adipose tissue which is begging for our attention.
my strategy: inhibiting inflammation in the adipose tissue, irrespective of the factors causing it as they're beyond my control.
result: haven't seen anything better than this.

AL123

Posts : 101
Join date : 2012-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  hellwig on Fri May 25, 2012 6:46 am

Would the skin need to be numbed for dermarolling?

hellwig

Posts : 280
Join date : 2012-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  AL123 on Fri May 25, 2012 6:53 am

SlowMoe wrote:Also, if it was the fat layer causing the transplanted follicle to survive, what keeps the fat from being depleted, like all of the surrounding fat cells?
blood vessel formation takes place. the follicle is healthy and active. the newly formed fatty cells 'can' deplete too. evidence of which is the fact that transplanted hairs do not necessarily survive forever.

Follicles transplanted from the occipital region can successfully stimulate angiogenesis because:

-They are healthy and active, vigorously producing hair.
-They are normal sized, not miniaturized. This means that, when inserted, they should be slightly closer to the microcirculation beneath the follicle than are the remaining (miniaturized) follicles in the MPB region.
-They have a small protective layer of brown adipose tissue (BAT) which probably assists in angiogenesis.

AL123

Posts : 101
Join date : 2012-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  schpiloch123 on Fri May 25, 2012 6:54 am

ALI - Isn't basing your objection to the blood theory soley based on one person, who does not adhere to the 'normal' criteria for someone who should balding, a bit narrow minded?

I mean if we all thought that just because of the people who smoke and drink and eat sh!t and still have great hair then we might as well give up.

The whole issue here is that everyone is different, you can't judge the outside without knowing what is going on on the inside. For all we know your relative might be bald in a year, it all depends when it catches up with him...

schpiloch123

Posts : 190
Join date : 2012-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  AL123 on Fri May 25, 2012 6:58 am

by the way, 'skull expansion theory' states that by the time we opt for hair transplant, the skull expansion (causing tight scalp, suggesting loss of fatty tissue) has already occurred. and therefore, when the donor follicle (covered with BAT layer) is transplanted and angiogenesis is promoted, it's less likely to be affected by the tight scalp as there won't be any more expansion.

i never paid any heed to skull expansion theory. can anybody explain it to me in layman terms? and how authentic is it?

AL123

Posts : 101
Join date : 2012-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  AL123 on Fri May 25, 2012 7:06 am

schpiloch123 wrote:ALI - Isn't basing your objection to the blood theory soley based on one person, who does not adhere to the 'normal' criteria for someone who should balding, a bit narrow minded?

I mean if we all thought that just because of the people who smoke and drink and eat sh!t and still have great hair then we might as well give up.

The whole issue here is that everyone is different, you can't judge the outside without knowing what is going on on the inside. For all we know your relative might be bald in a year, it all depends when it catches up with him...
i quoted his example to prove the role of genetics. his eldest brother (who maintains a healthy routine) is a NW7 at the age of 30.

i'm not objecting to the blood flow theory. i only tried to point out as to why it happens, and now that i see that adipose tissue contains blood vessels and the base of the follicle, i can't help but connect it to the 'yale study' which observed depleted fatty tissue in balding areas of the scalp. and adipose tissue promotes angiogenesis.
only focusing on increased blood flow isn't sufficient. that's all i'm saying.

AL123

Posts : 101
Join date : 2012-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  SlowMoe on Fri May 25, 2012 8:10 am

http://imgur.com/waTXU

That's a picture if a disected human skull, with the muscles still in tact.

It's very very interesting how the balding stops riiiiight where the muscle tension ceases.

When I think back to when i really started losing my hair, I remember a period where, under stress, my scalp would feel tight and uncomfortable. I was pretty conscious of it for awhile, until I assume I just got used to it. It was pretty much always in a constant state of stress.. But now, when I pull the side of the scalp up, hold and release, my scalp actually starts to feel normal. Burned soon as stress hits ne, I feel that sucker tense back up- and not let go. I don't know if I have some calcification going on or something causing my muscles to stay tense after stress, but everytime I start to feel stress now and my scalp tightens up, I just squeeze and hold for a few seconds, and the stress goes away.
avatar
SlowMoe

Posts : 1093
Join date : 2012-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  SlowMoe on Fri May 25, 2012 8:15 am

The BAT theory makes sense to me, because theoretically with a cushion o fat the blood vessels would be less likely to be affected by a tight scalp constricting them.. At least that's what im picturing in my head.
avatar
SlowMoe

Posts : 1093
Join date : 2012-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  elan164 on Fri May 25, 2012 8:39 am

Botox some BAT into the scalp haha

elan164

Posts : 475
Join date : 2010-02-24
Location : British Columbia, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  LawOfThelema on Fri May 25, 2012 9:20 am

Anyone who denies the role of genetc factors in balding isnt being honest with themselves. There are some people with horrendously fucked up diets, who are surrounded by toxins, who still have perfect hair. What is the difference between them and you who strive to avoid toxins, and to eat well, to cleanse, chelate, etc: their Genotype.

This doesnt mean we should give up or that we can't overcome a genetic tendency.

LawOfThelema

Posts : 949
Join date : 2012-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  SlowMoe on Fri May 25, 2012 9:36 am

I think most people agree DHT is involved. I it wasn't fin woudnt work.
avatar
SlowMoe

Posts : 1093
Join date : 2012-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri May 25, 2012 9:38 am

LawOfThelema wrote:Anyone who denies the role of genetc factors in balding isnt being honest with themselves. There are some people with horrendously fucked up diets, who are surrounded by toxins, who still have perfect hair. What is the difference between them and you who strive to avoid toxins, and to eat well, to cleanse, chelate, etc: their Genotype.

This doesnt mean we should give up or that we can't overcome a genetic tendency.

Their are quite literally hundreds on posts on here that challenge the genetic theory. Keep in mind that there is
very strong pharmaceutical bias, that never seeks to understand etiology, but only pathology.

Consider that we live in a very polluted environment, consume adulterated food and subject ourselves to
more insults than most would believe.

There are many "genetic" diseases which are really mineral deficiencies. When you couple nutrient deficiencies
with various endocrine and thyroid disruptors, all kinds of mysterious things go wrong. Unfortunately, only the symptoms are dealt with.

I would agree that we have genetic predispositions, however they can be fixed. Diabetes, heart disease and
cancer are not genetic either. It's really unfortunate that medicine has become blinded by the pursuit of money, because in order for business to thrive, it requires the clientele to be as ignorant as possible.

Of course, what I am proposing and have proposed for years flies in the face of a powerful belief system. I'm
not sure if medicine will change much because of it.

_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpb-regimen

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
avatar
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts : 11908
Join date : 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  schpiloch123 on Fri May 25, 2012 11:32 am

It can't be genetic in the sense that we were born to bald, that is just not correct, its a cop out and an easy way to make people accept that there is nothing much they can do it about

schpiloch123

Posts : 190
Join date : 2012-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  blueman99 on Fri May 25, 2012 12:39 pm

I think you guys are giving genetics too much credit. They are not the end all be all.

-2nd point. I have always thought skull expansion , calcium deposits in the skull played A HUGE role in the balding process.
avatar
blueman99

Posts : 117
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Portland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  LawOfThelema on Fri May 25, 2012 1:16 pm

double post


Last edited by LawOfThelema on Fri May 25, 2012 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

LawOfThelema

Posts : 949
Join date : 2012-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  LawOfThelema on Fri May 25, 2012 1:17 pm

schpiloch123 wrote:It can't be genetic in the sense that we were born to bald, that is just not correct, its a cop out and an easy way to make people accept that there is nothing much they can do it about
The "preformationism" straw man. Almost no one believes in or argues for such things anymore even when discussing genetics. Certainly no one here has said this.

-2nd point. I have always thought skull expansion , calcium deposits in the skull played A HUGE role in the balding process.
Evidence for this huge role?

LawOfThelema

Posts : 949
Join date : 2012-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  ferox on Fri May 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Guys, recently I was at a conference and there was a couple with their baby. The baby was 6 weeks old and I've looked at the baby's skull, and what I realized was that the hair on the crown was very thin (almost bald like a man with NW-6 status) and the hair at the sides and back was very thick and full. The full and thick hair was exactly there where the scalp-muscle is. Just look at the baby's heads and you will see.

ferox

Posts : 321
Join date : 2012-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  987 on Fri May 25, 2012 10:15 pm

ferox wrote:Guys, recently I was at a conference and there was a couple with their baby. The baby was 6 weeks old and I've looked at the baby's skull, and what I realized was that the hair on the crown was very thin (almost bald like a man with NW-6 status) and the hair at the sides and back was very thick and full. The full and thick hair was exactly there where the scalp-muscle is. Just look at the baby's heads and you will see.

Ive notice on some young kids and infants they have weak looking vellu's hairs on the temple and the front of the hair line, and I figure its an indication of how their hair lines will be when they get older, as obviously all that baby hair in the front is going to fall out.

987

Posts : 432
Join date : 2012-04-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  AL123 on Fri May 25, 2012 10:57 pm

the only downside of forums is the unwillingness on the part of some users to give atleast a slight margin to accommodate another's view point.

statements i can confirm as per experience:
while i could be wrong, but i think this is on behalf of 90% of men losing their hair.

- diets can accelerate or slow the process of hair loss. it will never cure baldness. no supplement/diet can re-grow a single hair follicle on the frontal region.
- unhealthy activities (masturbation) will only affect men vulnerable to MPB. accelerates hair loss.
- before i had started my treatment, both factors above would increase the itching in my scalp. as i'd take my meal, itching would go intense (and double the hair loss). but as i achieved success during the treatment, simply nothing mattered to my hair anymore. stress, diet, unhealthy activities, zero adverse effects. as if i wasn't prone to MPB any longer. just the way it is for people who'll never go bald no matter what irregularity takes place inside them. it emphasizes the importance of genetics, again.

- the size of the head increases as MPB strikes. DHT is related to bone growth. i don't know how true skull expansion theory is. even if we are to believe it, there seems to be no real method to reverse it.
- the problem is not with our system. it's the scalp site which is genetically predisposed. while we can't do anything (so far) to alter our genes, we are only left with the option to fight the inflammation (or whatever) 'topically', the adverse reactions which are caused by genetic predisposition. i say countering inflammation, as it's the end result.
- adipogenesis and angiogenesis are closely linked.


my before/after:
- before:
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/dsc07810.jpg

- after 1 month:
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2010.jpg

- after 4 months:
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/dsc09410.jpg
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/dsc09510.jpg

- after 5 months:
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2011.jpg
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2012.jpg
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2013.jpg
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2014.jpg
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2015.jpg


Last edited by AL123 on Fri May 25, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

AL123

Posts : 101
Join date : 2012-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  theseeker86 on Fri May 25, 2012 11:18 pm

AL123 wrote:while we can't do anything (so far) to alter our genes

epigenetics?

theseeker86

Posts : 514
Join date : 2011-05-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  AL123 on Fri May 25, 2012 11:20 pm

theseeker86 wrote:
AL123 wrote:while we can't do anything (so far) to alter our genes

epigenetics?

i lack knowledge on this area. so i'll refrain from saying much.

AL123

Posts : 101
Join date : 2012-04-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  jcreely on Fri May 25, 2012 11:59 pm

SlowMoe wrote:Joe,

are you saying that there is no hair growing around the scar, or from the scar.... Or that there is hair around the scar, but not growing from the scar....?
Because it doesnt seem like hair is supposed to grow out of scar tissue....

From the scar. Now, I am speaking from lack of knowledge on this subject, but doesn't "wounding" cause scar tissue? Therefore if hair is not supposed to grow from a scar, what would be the sense of wounding? Again, just asking because I am not familiar with this subject. Because the beginning of this post suggested that a 70 year old man bashed his head open, got stitches and grew hair from the wounded area, which I can only assume contains scar tissue.

jcreely

Posts : 103
Join date : 2012-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  Guest on Sat May 26, 2012 12:58 am

AL123 wrote:
my before/after:
- before:
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/dsc07810.jpg

- after 1 month:
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2010.jpg

- after 4 months:
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/dsc09410.jpg
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/dsc09510.jpg

- after 5 months:
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2011.jpg
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2012.jpg
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2013.jpg
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2014.jpg
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2015.jpg

impressive...what's your remedy?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  sc871 on Sat May 26, 2012 1:19 am

Steve_Gr wrote:
AL123 wrote:
my before/after:
- before:
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/dsc07810.jpg

- after 1 month:
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2010.jpg

- after 4 months:
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/dsc09410.jpg
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/dsc09510.jpg

- after 5 months:
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2011.jpg
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2012.jpg
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2013.jpg
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2014.jpg
http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/45/29/29/img_2015.jpg

impressive...what's your remedy?

Plus one on that please share!

sc871

Posts : 183
Join date : 2010-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: injury/bald scalp/hair re-growth. explain.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum