Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Diminishing Eyesight

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Diminishing Eyesight

Post  Silverlin on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:23 am

IH - My dad(50) over the course of the last 2 years has had his short sighted vision get slowly worse to the point of having to wear classes, yet his long sighted vision has improved. Whats going on here? And is there away to stop this process/slow it down or reverse it?

Btw he is only taking Maca other then a fairly good diet.

Silverlin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Diminishing Eyesight

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:30 am

Silverlin - For near sightedness (Myopia), Vitamin D levels should be checked (25-hydroxyvitamin D is the correct test).
A lack of vitamin D, which is epidemic world wide is a major factor. Or have him load up on 5,000 to 10,000 IU of Vitamin D, and see what that does over several months.

Another factor is wearing out eye muscles used for focusing, which is from reading close up too much. Eye glasses which are prescribed for distance should never be used for near sightedness because it will worsen vision quickly.

If this doesn't work after 6-months or so, laser correction works very well for myopia (not good for far sighted though).

CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:53 am

Bilberry.

I'm on the verge of needing glasses. In the past, when I have supplemented with bilberry, I have always noticed a marked improvement in vision. I have some on the way for Monday.

Having gone another route to support vision in the realm of supps, I think bilberry works best.

Gibson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:56 am

PS--the other route was lutein and Astaxanthin.

Gibson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ITITCHES on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:29 am

... What a remarkable coincidence this thread should open at this particular moment.

I've the exact same problem, though I suppose in early stages. It's difficult to tell, since it's progressing very slowly.

I've another question though, if I may. Ever since... Ever, I've had difficulty seeing properly during twilight in particular. I can't describe it at all - it's as if my eyes are seeing everything properly, as in, nothing is blurry, but my mind has immense trouble processing the information, the end result being something more like... I don't know. I just can't put it to words. From discussing this with people, apparently it's somewhat common and it's supposed to be called 'chicken blindness' in my language, but I can't find an equivalent in English.

ITITCHES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lund on Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:54 pm

Read this, and see if this makes sense to you guys. My 8 year old is on the protocol, we will see what happens:

FDAPetition for Myopia

The theory is that a +3 lens can help fix the eye muscles for a possibly 20/20 vision

lund

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum