Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Keith Richards - why is he going bald just now?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keith Richards - why is he going bald just now?

Post  moby on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:36 am

Keith Richards obviously has the "mpb gene" since his hairline has started moving up, he is about a NW3 now. I can't think of why would he start balding JUST NOW when his lifestyle was so horrible all his life, not to mention that he should have been dead 20 years ago Rolling Eyes .

Why would he start balding just now in his 60s??? One would think that he would be "immune" by now but it appears not so. What has changed? Any theories?

moby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Keith Richards - why is he going bald just now?

Post  MiamiSteve on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:49 am

Damn good question.
I was wondering that same thing myself

MiamiSteve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  987 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:09 am

My take on this, I dont know what this guy looks like, but perhaps his body was not as androgenic and/or less 5AR scalp/body activity genetically.Thus despite his terrible health/diet, it takes an enormous amount more for his genetics to bald because he likely was not stirring up enough hormonal inflammation to deteriorate his scalp environment, and his deficiencies and toxicity did not express themselves in his hair very quickly.

Just as well, why do some people who live like shit get extremely obese and have enormous health problems,
while someone else with the same diet can stay 9 percent body fat, and look good, and live and maintain without those health problems for longer? Why? Well because we express things differently, we are all very different machines. You can take two different car engines of different makes and models and they have similarities but one may run into transmission problems and the other head gasket problems from usage. One you can run into the ground the other needs granny driving. Different is simply different and net different results, same with our bodies apart from each other.. This is the genetic component. But in regards to hair loss, and mpb it is apparently being triggered early for those who are susceptible. Early could be 5 years, early could be 40 years, but I stand by a simple view point on the subject now. We know every function of the body can GAIN by maintaining optimal health, and you should just improve the entirety of the body regardless of were your body shows weak points. We can only try to maximize what we are to be the best that we can... Play the shit out of the cards that are given...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:33 am

slow progression.

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moby on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:39 am

J987 wrote:Play the shit out of the cards that are given...

wow this is not what this forum is about. Genetics shouldn't matter. With proper supplements and a change in lifestyle, we should be able to modify out "cards". Same with MPB, Obesity, Diabetes, etc.

Evolution wouldn't be possible if we couldn't change our genes.

moby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  987 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:32 pm

moby wrote:
J987 wrote:Play the shit out of the cards that are given...

wow this is not what this forum is about. Genetics shouldn't matter. With proper supplements and a change in lifestyle, we should be able to modify out "cards". Same with MPB, Obesity, Diabetes, etc.

Evolution wouldn't be possible if we couldn't change our genes.

Evolution takes longer than just your lifespan. Genetics always matter, that would be foolish to speak otherwise. This forum is not saying genetics doesnt matter, its just against the conventional belief that you cant do anything for your troubles but drugs and surgery which is the false school of knowledge taught at institutional level. We are mainly dealing with premature hair loss in here, and optimizing the body, and trying to achieve the most longevity possible that our bodies are individually prone to support when in full operating capacity. & by the way you cant stop death, therefore you cant truly stop hair loss, thus all genetics fail at some point.. You can only delay it to your own potential. Your body is slowly burning up every day with usage. bom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:55 pm

J987 wrote:& by the way you cant stop death, therefore you cant truly stop hair loss,

Stopping hair loss until the point when your life expires is truly stopping hair loss.

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  987 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:11 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:
J987 wrote:& by the way you cant stop death, therefore you cant truly stop hair loss,

Stopping hair loss until the point when your life expires is truly stopping hair loss.

That comment was more so satire, but I find it hard to believe people will be beyond even the age of 70 without a large loss of hair, even for women. I doubt hardly anyone keeps all their youthful hair well into old age, and Im not measuring old age as 50 years old or younger considering the human life span potential is said to be 120ish. Moderate hair loss is a natural part of aging, especially in men, but no I dont believe we are suppose to have our entire scalps grenade sub 50 years old...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:28 pm

You haven't been around many older guys then. I did some work a few weeks ago with some guys older than me, all over 60. All had thicker hair and better hairline than I do. Ok, maybe it wasn't as thick as in their 20s and maybe the texture wasn't what it was when they were 18, but not every male has androgenetic alopecia.

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  987 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:35 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:You haven't been around many older guys then. I did some work a few weeks ago with some guys older than me, all over 60. All had thicker hair and better hairline than I do. Ok, maybe it wasn't as thick as in their 20s and maybe the texture wasn't what it was when they were 18, but not every male has androgenetic alopecia.

Nope not AGA but gradual age related thinning. Apparently those guys when it comes to hair are very different than all of us here in this forum though, must be nice to never have to worry about hair loss through the eyes of someone who has.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:48 pm

I have 200 people in my cell phone and half the dudes in there are bald are thinning.....
Its depends how suspectible you are to hair loss progression is different for everyone.
Some guys hair thins fast and within a year they are slick bald
I have been thinning for 7 years still have hair, but not much....
Some people are immune to things and others not
I for example never had the Chicken Pox despite being around kids and adults with and and at the age of 27 has still never had it.
Our bodies are all different and react to enviromental factors at different rates
Some people can smoke and drink and look old and wrinkly, while others can do the same and still have no wrinkles
I smoked like a chimney for 6 years pack and a half a day and have no wrinkles at all.
But I do have friends who workout take care of themselves the best they can and look about late 30s years old early 40s..
I still look young and get confused for being 18
Genetics, enviromental factors are strange indeed.

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:58 am

There's a rumor that Richards wore a wig about 30 years ago.

We don't know if he doesn't have another issue speeding up hair loss, such as medication for an age-related health problem. Something that cause weight loss, perhaps.

Another possibility - to the horror of this forum - is that Keith was taking finasteride and it was maintaining hair, but he quit (probably for sexual side effects).

takingaction

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moby on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:33 am

the whole point of this thread is to show that NO ONE IS IMMUNE TO BALDNESS. Something has changed in his body, and he started balding. We don't know what that something is but we should be able to delay it or prevent it from happening at all

moby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:03 pm

i dont know wat u guys are talking about hes been receding for decades, thats y he always wears that bandana over his hairline.

rofl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:39 pm

From photos, Keith's hair loss has sped up in the past 10-15 years. That seems unusual for men of that age.

takingaction

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top