Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

What's a good alternative to Rogaine?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's a good alternative to Rogaine?

Post  RisingFist on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:19 am

Hey guys, been reading a lot all over the web about hair loss, hope you can give me some advice from your experiences and knowledge. I'll try to keep this short.

I'm in my mid 20s, losing hair for over 5 years. At the point where I can't really hide it anymore. It has destroyed my confidence and affected all aspects of my life in a negative way. I have been stressed as a teenager, was overweight, and had lots of dandruff for a long time. I remember I got really upset one day and after that I started to lose my hair. I'm sure many of you have been through hard times but it's much harder for younger people (except those who look good shaved) and women.

Anyways, I want to have a positive mindset as I think it's key to a happy life. I am now bodybuilding, got 14% bf and aiming to get down to 8% with intermittent fasting and incorporating a primal diet/lifestyle. I'm telling you all this incase it has a relevance to hair loss/growth and maybe someone with similar experiences might have found a working method to hair growth. I have been diagnosed with seb. dermatitis. I have read somewhere that if you can cure it then you may grow your hair back. I have also done some long term scratching due to dandruff which I have stopped now and hope the damage isn't permanent. I wonder if I have MPB because to have that don't you need a receding pattern? I have lost hair throughout the top and the sides as well. Usually sides are in tact for MPB. When I was younger and started hair loss I also lost some body hair all over.

TO SKIP TO MY QUESTION READ THIS I have been using rogaine foam for over a year and don't think it's really helping me at all. I want to use a natural product like Apple poly instead because not using anything might cause more hair loss due to rogaine. Do you guys have any other suggestions? I'm wondering about Zix as well and using manual methods or at least slowly easing into it so I don't get that initial shed which I don't think I can afford now. I've been learning a lot about nutrition in the past months, trying to heal any issues I might have like leaky gut and food intolerences. Something must be up otherwise I wouldn't have dandruff and slight acne. I'm thinking maybe candida, or an autoimmune issue, who knows but having a strict clean diet should take care of any imbalances if done right and consistently. Anyways, thanks for reading. I hope I came to the right place. Don't want to use drugs or any crap that does more harm then good.

RisingFist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's a good alternative to Rogaine?

Post  LawOfThelema on Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:39 am

AHK-Cu copper peptide

2-15% solution

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:22 am

rogaine took almost 2 years to show noticeable affects for me, the results were pretty decent i suppose..... and only 1 month to lose all gains after stopping and REALLY realized how much it had helped hahaha shit sucks man. rogaine works though... i just didn't want to keep using it and deciding to dive into brushing and massaging. i think the manuals also gave me a shed so i might be exaggerating a BIT on the rogaine shed, my shed was on crack due to doing brushing and stopping rogaine at the same time.

if you plan on stopping it... you are going to see a really big shed (even though you don't think rogaine not working). hairs all over your head become rogaine sensitive, in a way. any who, i personally don't think there is a way to avoid the shed regardless if you stop it slowly or stop it cold turkey, like i did. again, if you stop rogaine you will lose a lot of hair, point blank. if you truly want to give up on the drugs you gotta start at a point where you feel comfortable enough to bear the consequences of stoping. doing the slow stop method, will just prolong the shed imo. keep working out and bettering other aspect of your life man, face it being bald is NOT the complete end of the world. don't get me wrong it sucks ass but at a point you got to let it go and turn your potential energy into kinetic energy man.

but since you said you are losing hair from the side you might want to keep doing some more research because that can usually mean you might have TE and not MPB. since i don't have TE i don't know details of it but you might want to approach it holistically and you always have the cortisone shot options if it is in fact TE. but of everything i said, only the top part I'm certain of from experience.

dudebro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:16 am

sorry just wanted to clarify/add in that i didn't mean to make rogaine sound like a miracle, it most definitely helped me maintain and there was poor-mild regrowth. it really slows down the balding, but it didn't fix it i was able to keep a low buzz cut for it to look strictly decent at best...post shed no matter how low i cut it, theres just no hair left in some areas but i am having encouraging results in the back portion of my head which is regrowing hair and filling in. i will let you know if brushing works in another 4 months as I'm only 2 months into it.

dudebro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:16 am

thanks man, appreciate it. I feel like we are so close to figuring this out with manual methods that have worked for some, diet, etc. I wish I had enough hair to experiment what works best for me with the knowledge I have now but at this point I will have to be optimistic, work hard and try to make something happen until a more concrete method is finalized.

What is TE? is that worst then MPB?

RisingFist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moby on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:38 am

minoxidil is pretty much as effective as rogaine

moby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:15 am

rogaine is simply the upjohn brand name of minoxidil

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Laughcrime on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:28 am

Rogaine is a dead-end, and also, neither Rogaine nor copper peptides are anywhere close to as effective as Zix is at actually "re-growing" hair. (Feel free to check out a couple of my posts, where I lay out how to make and use Zix, in a lot of detail.)

Also, I'd highly, highly recommend manual microcirculation methods. These seem to potentially be able to re-grow the most hair of anything widely known at this point. (And if Zix and lazering didn't exist, I'd take out the word "potentially" in a heartbeat.)

I'd also check out Immortal Hair's own Rejuveplex formula. ..Pretty new, and has the most state-of-the-art ingredients list out there, by far.

And then we have nutrition. And where it really shines, is as the biggest key to preventing hair loss in the first place, and in preventing further loss, and working synergistically with the above methods for further loss prevention and also regrowth. (And of course far more importantly, overall health.)

Laughcrime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:48 am

there has never been a case of mono-zygotic twins where one balded and the other didn't on account of having a more nutritious diet.

this is enough to believe that diet has a low role in the prevention of androgenetic alopecia.

it would interesting to see more science on that level but unfourtunately i doubt it would happen given what i just mentioned.

identical twins are the ideal situation with which to show the role of factors like diet on the progression of a condition.

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Laughcrime on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Good point re identical twins being ideal, that's obviously true.

But it would be enough to strongly point to diet playing a low role only if the elusive specificity of the nutritional profile, (both in terms of the profile itself in all its facets, and how it must be adjusted for biochemical individuality) shown to make inroads into the problem from theoretical, clinical, biochemical and anecdotal standpoints, on this site and in other places, had been tested, with appropriate scientific rigor within that context, and been found wanting.

Also, even then, any observed apparent non-effect of nutrition on id. twins can never rule out the possibility that more specificity is needed, and given the extreme complexity of the interaction of factors involved in human biochemistry and nutrition, that possibility is far from remote.

Yeah, I agree it would be interesting, and helpful to see more science re that. But actually I think what we do have already is sufficient.

Laughcrime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:57 pm

I have been using the Rejuvaplex and Copper Peptides for a couple of weeks and my scalp and face feel great.

scottyc33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:51 am

I'll be running out of rogaine soonish so I'm trying to decide between zix, rejuviplex, ahk copper peptide, revivogen...Has anyone tried Seagals solutions? It's supposed to get rid of sebum (dandruff) and promote hair growth from different herbs mixed in the solution. There is also an article I read at nicehair.org about sebum blocking hairs from coming out. Not sure if anyone bought the guy's ebook on how to get rid of it with his "technique". Couldn't find any discussion about it online. I haven't gone long enough without dandruff to see if I could be one of those people who would experience regrowth. I started using the popular internal regimen from here so I hope that will help. Now I just want to get rid of the excess sebum and provide the hair follicules with all the nutrients it needs to grow which I guess would work with manual methods.

Wish I discovered all this before so I could just try out what may work, but at this point I need a little luck as I can't afford to try different solutions due to current hair loss. Anyways, thanks for the help.

RisingFist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:02 am

There are many ways to out perform and mimic the hair growth effects of minoxidil (Rogaine) in a natural fashion.

In short, I second scottyc33. And to add further weight, would consider ALC, also would add in an appropriate balance of D3/Retinol palmitate (for the sebum problem).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:27 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:There are many ways to out perform and mimic the hair growth effects of minoxidil (Rogaine) in a natural fashion.

CS, if you'd like sometime, tell us more about this...
I'm on the 3d month away from minox, after a long long time (18 years) and i'm afraid what is gonna happen the next months...

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:08 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:There are many ways to out perform and mimic the hair growth effects of minoxidil (Rogaine) in a natural fashion.

In short, I second scottyc33. And to add further weight, would consider ALC, also would add in an appropriate balance of D3/Retinol palmitate (for the sebum problem).

if yuo do have a sebum problem, do you think the vitamin D without the vitamin A would be bad? i notice when i take vitamin D i can feel my scalp getting itchy... then again, it seems to be many things i take do this unfortun right now...

sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum