Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Valproic Acid Induces Hair Regeneration

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Valproic Acid Induces Hair Regeneration

Post  FireFist on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:05 pm

No, that's just good lightning and good posturing...

What do you mean liquid tincture? Will liquifying it create the pretty much same extract/solution used in the study?
FireFist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:40 am

FireFist wrote:No, that's just good lightning and good posturing...

What do you mean liquid tincture? Will liquifying it create the pretty much same extract/solution used in the study?

Internally should be just as effective based on the study. Assuming it works and perhaps one litmus test for that is how well you sleep on it. Most people will find it improving their sleep, however a smaller percentage will find it stimulating instead.

A tincture usually means it is an alcoholic extract of plant extracts (in an alcohol solution).

I just take the capsules internally. If you buy the liquid tincture (alcohol based extract), should work internally also.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueGround on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:23 am

I've taken a good year break from my internal regimen so would be willing to experiment with just a couple things in the near future, stick with them, and see how they work. I'm thinking Eqoul and something with regenerative potential like Valerian.

Would love to get my hands on some high quality Eqoul for a decent price, assuming nobody is experiencing finasteride-like sides. Valerian sounds promising as well..
I already sleep very well without aids and I don't want to get started on something and develop some form of dependency for quality rest. Hopefully it's effects on my energy will either be negligible or stimulatory so I can just take it during the day.

TrueGround

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Can anyone tell me how to create the topical if i want to use topically as well?
FireFist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:04 am

FireFist,

Are you referring to a valerian topical? You could just purchase the liquid extract and apply it directly. As far as I know, they are just tinctures, so are probably extracts in vodka or something of a similar concentration. It might be too drying to the scalp, so you could add the valerian tincture to a carrier oil if you wanted, or aloe vera, or (perhaps ask Nid on this one) you could probably add it to the rejuveplex topical, unless it interfered with something in that formula. I'm not sure on that one.
AS54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:14 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:In the past, I tried another natural substance that inhibits GSK3β and also activates the Wnt/β-catenin pathway. This was Lithium Chloride and Orotate. It took away "the grease" or excess sebum, but did not result in any noticeable hair growth.
I thought that DMSO might act to accentuate the wnt pathway further, but was not the case in hair growth.

However, unlike Lithium Chloride/Orotate, Valerian root can reduce corticotropin-releasing factor. This might be the primary gateway to regenerating hair growth.

Regarding GABA pathway, looking at this in the past, did not find anything directly, only indirect.

In the study on Valproic Acid, both oral and topical work, although the authors pointed out that prolonged use of Valproic acid resulted in several side effects including hair loss by oral intake; these adverse effects are attributed to zinc and biotinidase depletion

Valerian root on the other hand will not deplete any nutrients. There's probably no way to know for sure if this will work or if it will work on everyone, but it's certainly cheap enough.

Just wondering, would velarian root work the same as lithium in eliminating excess sebum? Trying to combat that at every angle and I already have valerian caps but haven't begun to use it.

RisingFist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serge on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:47 pm

I have been using an alcohol-free Valerian root extract as a topical for over a month now.

http://www.amazon.com/Botanic-Choice-Extract-Valerian-1-Fluid/dp/B004RME7D8/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1351242419&sr=8-17&keywords=valerian+root

Yes, the smell is unique, but after it is rubbed in it doesn’t linger. My scalp inflammation has never been “itchy,” but instead it hurts just a little bit when I apply pressure to the thinning areas. Valerian root seems to stop this pain within a minute or so—this was the first thing I noticed. Today, a month later, the vellus hairs on my right temple seem to be longer and more pronounced, and I have ONE dark vellus that sprouted up right in the middle of my recession. The left temple hasn’t shown any progress, but that side has always receded faster than the other.

Overall, my initial reaction to Valerian root is that it is an extremely inexpensive way to help with direct inflammation. It’s still way too early to tell for sure, but the vellus hairs give me hope.

And as for sebum, Valerian root does seem to help a little bit with excess oils.

Serge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:08 pm

i use this one for only 3 days now...

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Valerian-Root-Extract-2-fl-oz-60-ml/845

unfortunately contains grain alcohol...(how bad could it be this?)

Well, the smell is like a shit...but after applying it gives me a very nice sensation....
I will report back too, if any positive show up

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:12 am

I started using valerian root for almost a week now but I also started taking some supplements for glutathoine production. Anyways, this morning I noticed a long whitish hair on my right eyebrow. I'm like wtf...I don't know if that's a good thing or an indicator of my scalp getting new hair but I will try to be optimistic.

I'm working on adding several things towards my regimen but my biggest goal in the next several months is to remove my amalgam and back brace, then do a full heavy metal detox. I feel like until I do that, I can't fully heal to optimum levels.

RisingFist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rickfowler on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Apparently Valproic Acid is liquid at room temperature in its normal state, so they use sodium hydroxide to make it a salt - Sodium Valproate. In contrast to the epidermis of mouse skin treated with VPA, skin that was treated with LiCl revealed critical abnormal changes including an increase in the thickness of the epidermis.

There are many treatments for hair loss problem, but not all result in the hair growth. The last optionis a hair transplant that will get rid of this problem.

Recently this surgical treatment hasbecome popularamongst teenagers. Many hair transplant clinics like The Cole Hair Transplant Group- forhair, foundhair etc. are now providing free initial consultations with professionals which help you know the pros and cons of this treatment.

rickfowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:20 am

so, n-valeric acid have no chance?

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:29 am

Why would teenagers need transplants lol??

Nuuu_Dx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  israelite on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:35 am

hi i just atarted using vpa! i apply it to my hairline

israelite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:47 am

Nuuu_Dx wrote:Why would teenagers need transplants lol??

a better question is why would you respond to spam!

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:03 am

Serge wrote:I have been using an alcohol-free Valerian root extract as a topical for over a month now.

Did you have anything else to report and how long did you use it, are there people who used this for at least 6 months? Any volunteers willing to further experiment with Valerian Root and maybe add wounding and stuff?

Biffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top