Search
Natural Hair Loss Regimen
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

CS - Dostinex (Cabergoline) for Prolactin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CS - Dostinex (Cabergoline) for Prolactin

Post  Steven_Tyler on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:02 pm

my prolactin levels this high and my doctor prescribed me 0.5 mg p/week, is there any alternative to lower prolactin?

Steven_Tyler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CS - Dostinex (Cabergoline) for Prolactin

Post  CausticSymmetry on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:46 pm

Steven_Tyler wrote:my prolactin levels this high and my doctor prescribed me 0.5 mg p/week, is there any alternative to lower prolactin?

Yes, there are a few natural options. The best one is addressing the fundamental reason for the elevation--normalizing thyroid.

However, you can safely lower prolactin levels naturally by taking Chasteberry (St. Vitex) (the whole herb 400 mg) two to three times daily.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  moby on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:21 pm

steven tyler, have you checked your thyroid?

moby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:38 pm

moby wrote:steven tyler, have you checked your thyroid?

That usually won't "work" because most physicians just use the standard tests that reveal
very little information.

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:23 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:

That usually won't "work" because most physicians just use the standard tests that reveal
very little information.

+ 1

Mastery

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  987 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:59 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
Steven_Tyler wrote:my prolactin levels this high and my doctor prescribed me 0.5 mg p/week, is there any alternative to lower prolactin?

Yes, there are a few natural options. The best one is addressing the fundamental reason for the elevation--normalizing thyroid.

However, you can safely lower prolactin levels naturally by taking Chasteberry (St. Vitex) (the whole herb 400 mg) two to three times daily.

Is it possible to have negative effects if prolactin goes too low, particularly if your prolactin levels werent too high to begin with, or is that not really something to concern?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:01 pm

J1987 - That's a good question and in fact, a lower than average prolactin level suggests risk factors.

J Sex Med. 2009 May;6(5):1457-66. Epub 2009 Feb 10.
Hypoprolactinemia: a new clinical syndrome in patients with sexual dysfunction.
Corona G, Mannucci E, Jannini EA, Lotti F, Ricca V, Monami M, Boddi V, Bandini E, Balercia G, Forti G, Maggi M.

Andrology Unit, Department of Clinical Physiopathology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy.

INTRODUCTION:
The physiological role of prolactin (PRL) in male sexual behavior is poorly understood. Conversely, the association between PRL pathological elevation in both reproductive and sexual behavior is well defined.
AIM:
The aim of the present study is to assess the correlates of normal PRL (PRL < 735 mU/L or 35 ng/mL), in male subjects consulting for sexual dysfunction.
METHODS:
A consecutive series of 2,531 (mean age 52.0 +/- 12.9 years) subjects was investigated. Patients were interviewed using the structured interview on erectile dysfunction (SIEDY), a 13-item tool for the assessment of erectile dysfunction (ED)-related morbidities. Middlesex Hospital Questionnaire was used for the evaluation of psychological symptoms.
MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES:
Several hormonal (testosterone, thyroid stimulation hormone, and PRL) and biochemical parameters (glycemia and lipid profile) were studied, along with penile Doppler ultrasound (PDU) and SIEDY items.
RESULTS:
After adjustment for confounders anxiety symptoms decreased across PRL quartiles (I: <113 mU/L or 5 ng/mL; II: 113-156 mU/L or 5.1-7 ng/mL; III: 157-229 mU/L or 7.1-11 ng/mL; IV: 229-734 mU/L or 11.1-34.9 ng/mL). Patients in the lowest PRL quartile showed a higher risk of metabolic syndrome (MetS; odds ratio [OR] = 1.74 [1.01-2.99], P < 0.05), arteriogenic ED (peak systolic velocity at PDU < 35 cm/sec; OR = 1.43 [1.01-2.03], P < 0.05), and premature ejaculation (PE; OR = 1.38 [1.02-1.85]; P < 0.05). Conversely, comparing subjects with PRL-secreting pituitary adenomas (N = 13) with matched controls, no significant difference was observed, except for a higher prevalence of hypoactive sexual desire in hyperprolactinemia.
CONCLUSIONS:
Our findings demonstrate that, in subjects consulting for sexual dysfunction, PRL in the lowest quartile levels are associated with MetS and arteriogenic ED, as well as with PE and anxiety symptoms. Further studies are advisable in order to confirm our preliminary results in different populations.

A quick side note, because I can already imagine a future question. Will chasteberry/St. Vitex lower prolactin levels too much? The answer in case anyone is wondering, is "no."

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven_Tyler on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:15 am

doctors here in Brazil do not understand anything Thyroid

I only asked test as TSH Ultra and the result was normal they said that everything was fine with her hahAHa

Steven_Tyler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moby on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:20 am

take your temperature. If it's below 98F or so then you have hypothyroid

moby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

TSH

Post  Grub on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:33 am

So is TSH worth getting done in a blood test? Its something like $50 in Australia.

Grub

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moby on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:51 am

"So is TSH worth getting done in a blood test? Its something like $50 in Australia."

probably not. My TSH came out to be "fine"(=1.8) even by IH standards but I used to feel being hypothyroid and my temperature was on the low side so that's that. If you're feeling tired and you have a low body temperature then it's almost guaranteed to be hypothyroidism. Do you have any of those?

moby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orchid on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:33 am

moby wrote:take your temperature. If it's below 98F or so then you have hypothyroid
not really. temperatures rise and fall periodically throughout the day. if you've noticed it falling below a certain threshold, you just need to eat more. monitoring pulse is also a good indication for thyroid health.

temperature is lowest upon waking, and should gradually increase throughout the course of the day.

Orchid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven_Tyler on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:44 am

moby wrote:If you're feeling tired and you have a low body temperature then it's almost guaranteed to be hypothyroidism. Do you have any of those?

I have both

Steven_Tyler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven_Tyler on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:14 am

hypothyroidism have cure or will I need to take drugs forever?

Steven_Tyler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top