FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why is nobody using Topical MSM and high amounts MSM orally? Look this pictures!!!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why is nobody using Topical MSM and high amounts MSM orally? Look this pictures!!!

Post  bobthebuilder on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Please read before ordering MSM.

1. MSM must be a crystal form 99.9% pure e.g. not powder form. You can test the purity but mixing the MSM in a glass of water, once all MSM is dissolved the water should look clean. Fillers don't dissolve well. I purchase MSM from here http://www.nikitanaturals.com/category40_1.htm
2. Increase your water in-take to 2 liters of more a day - A MUST or your asking for headaches or dizziness
3. Start slowly or you will get very bad sides due to the detoxification, work your way up to the desired dose.

If you follow all these recommendations MSM should be pretty safe.
bobthebuilder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why is nobody using Topical MSM and high amounts MSM orally? Look this pictures!!!

Post  bov51 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Well, I already ordered msm capsule and powder form, will let you guys know how it goes

bov51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:00 am

MSM is virtually non-toxic. The LD50 of your table salt is 2.5 to 3g/kg. The LD50 of MSM is more than 20g/kg... so is water. MSM is as toxic as water.

ferox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:20 am

MSM must be a crystal form 99.9% pure e.g. not powder form

How Bad could this be...?

http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-MSM-Powder-250-g/5

Last edited by Steve_Gr on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:02 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:01 am

Steve_Gr wrote:
MSM must be a crystal form 99.9% pure e.g. not powder form

How Bad could this be...?

http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-MSM-Powder-250-g/5

It's 99.9% pure.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:03 am

thx CS...
also for topical use...

http://www.iherb.com/Trimedica-Pure-MSM-Liquid-16-fl-oz-480-ml/3328

Back to top Go down

Post  hoppipolla on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:10 am

I would guess because it's a natural antifungal...

I'm getting "flowers of sulphur" in the mail soon for this purpose Smile
hoppipolla

View user profile http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Orchid on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:59 am

this shine only became really vibrant after adding in high doses of msm.
Orchid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:17 pm

Nice hair lol, why are you even on here?? xP

Nuuu_Dx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orchid on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Haha, thanks.

Preventive care, maybe. Also, general health topics and just an interest. I like to help with advice when I can as well too.
Orchid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moby on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:17 pm

Orchid did you even have hair loss to begin with? Did IH top 6 help you at all?

moby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orchid on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:16 pm

telogen effluvium caused by a brief stint on the very low carb paleo diet. I overwhelmed myself with unsaturated fats, and my stress hormones were out of whack. Hair was coming out in clumps. MSM was one of the steps I took to grow my hair back in faster.

As for the top 6, I only took ecklonia cava and antioxidant boost for a few months and didn't really notice anything. I found it too expensive to continue taking, so I dropped it. I have a very limited supplement regimen, which consists of mostly Ray Peat protocol stuff.
Orchid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:28 pm

Do you use MSM as topical or just orally?

Nuuu_Dx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hoppipolla on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:31 pm

Nuuu_Dx wrote:Nice hair lol, why are you even on here?? xP

To make us jealous maybe. lol ^^
hoppipolla

View user profile http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Orchid on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Nuuu_Dx wrote:Do you use MSM as topical or just orally?
Orally, going to start topical soon. I take vitamin c along with it, btw. 3-4g spread out throughout the day, never before any food with iron in it.
Orchid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:14 pm

You can make your own topical. Just take an empty spray bottle, 30 grams pure MSM powder and 10oz distilled water. You don't need to buy expensive liquid MSM. Don't waste your money Wink

ferox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:16 am

Am interested in trying this... But I'm wondering, can anyone give more of the rationale as to why this could work for MPB?

MSM is a natural form of sulfur? What could that do for baldness and regrowth?

Also, I'm understanding that MSM works together with Vitamin C. Should we be mixing MSM in distilled water along with Vitamin C powder as well?

unfortunate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:25 am

Duke,

I saw your photos a few days back. Anyone who doesn't see the regrowth there, just doesn't get it. My hair is very similar to yours prior to the regrowth. You've shown excellent regrowth and thickening IMO. You give some of us hope. I've been following your advice with the shampoo brushes etc every day. We'll see where it goes in several months, but I am interested in the topical you're using. I too was on the verge of going back on the drugs, but am gonna wait it out. It's been a year and a half and my hair took a huge hit, but I'm gonna hang in there.

Can you provide some more details on your topical? Are you using all the things listed in powder form mixing into distilled water? Amounts and sources? And do you apply it right after you brush/massage the scalp?

Duketronix wrote:I don't do it in as high a dose as that but I do put MSM on my scalp/hairline. I make a mixture of MSM, ginseng, garlic oil, quercetin, vit C, Mediterranean sea salt and a couple other things that I keep in a spray bottle by the shower and I spray my whole body with it after a shower and my hair with it before bed.

Been doing it for about 4 months I guess.

My regrowth continues.

It is getting more and more exciting as my hair enters each new cycle....

So hard to wait sometimes though.

Also as an aside.... I can't BELIEVE I almost went back on pharma drugs a year ago!! Real lesson in staying strong and believing in your won accumulated knowledge and not what doctors may say is best.

Smile

Thanks a billion times over to all the posters here.

unfortunate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:32 am

Thanks mang!

I am kind of erratic with my topical TBO. In terms of what goes in, but that list I wrote seems to be accurate as far as what always goes in. I've added in clove oil and stuff before too just to see what it would do.

I just dissolve it in water and and spray it with a bottle I got at the dollar store. I usually put it on right after I've showered and sometimes right after brushing. It all started because I wanted salt water on my body for post shower simulated ocean effect but I just kept adding stuff to it.

Hang in there and hopefully the brushing etc helps! Keep in mind that I personally think diet exercise and metal chelation was a factor for me as well.

Duketronix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:54 pm

Thanks man. I am definitely going to continue this. I'm getting closer and closer to a Paleo style diet consistently which is encouraging. I also workout 5 days a week too. I really want to do the cutler protocol, but haven't found a good source for all the stuff needed. So I am working on that.

Duketronix wrote:Thanks mang!

I am kind of erratic with my topical TBO. In terms of what goes in, but that list I wrote seems to be accurate as far as what always goes in. I've added in clove oil and stuff before too just to see what it would do.

I just dissolve it in water and and spray it with a bottle I got at the dollar store. I usually put it on right after I've showered and sometimes right after brushing. It all started because I wanted salt water on my body for post shower simulated ocean effect but I just kept adding stuff to it.

Hang in there and hopefully the brushing etc helps! Keep in mind that I personally think diet exercise and metal chelation was a factor for me as well.

unfortunate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:17 am

Any news on this?
goten574

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orchid on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:37 am

I've stopped using msm and vitamin c. They inhibit copper absorption and have caused major discoloration of my hair.
Orchid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 am

Normal amounts of vitamin C help keep copper in check. Though anyone doing high-dose anything, should really be supplementing with a multi-mineral.

I supplement with Swanson's Albion chelated multi-mineral with/without iron along with high-dose liposomal vitamin C (sodium ascorbate,) msm, dmso - sometimes adding copper and zinc, as copper competes with zinc - without any problems so far.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:36 pm

David Wolfe takes up to 3 tbslp. of MSM/day. Has a good head of hair.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sogoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/david-wolfe.png&imgrefurl=http://www.sogoodblog.com/2008/03/12/the-bionic-burger/&h=209&w=177&sz=60&tbnid=gV6t0aS6NVO8ZM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=78&zoom=1&usg=__eDQm3s-DwjWXAnXlDYrkkVgJykw=&docid=rXpZIqfm9pKkLM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=H50sUcCPCsm2igKkmIHIDA&ved=0CHUQ9QEwEg&dur=920

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/07/17/superfood-expert-david-wolfe-shares-latest-insights-on-how-to-stay-healthy.aspx

MSM has been shown to break down the calcification that is frequently associated with chronic inflammation. In your arteries, it's called plaque, which leads to heart disease. These plaques are the root cause of inflammation.

"MSM helps dissolve these calcified deposits, turning it into calcium sulfate and making it soluble so your body can excrete it," David explains.

"The dosage of MSM has to be, in the beginning, maybe 2,500 mg per day. But really, you need to get up to 5,000 mg or 7,500 mg, and allow it to work over a period of months.

But don't ever want to start anything at a very high dosage. Move into it gently.

I have a good friend of mine who is now taking 30,000 mg of MSM for his rheumatoid arthritis, and that is the dosage he needs in order to feel complete relief of his pain."

Isn't calcification an issue with hairloss as well?
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Question

Post  nara on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:03 am

Would this work for women as well ??? I am not using Rogaine 5% but my shedding is worst then ever ...

nara

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top