Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Inositol- Another tool in battling candida, anxiety, depression, free radicals...and on and on

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inositol- Another tool in battling candida, anxiety, depression, free radicals...and on and on

Post  Paradox on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:14 am

So I wandered across this web page last week when I was searching google for something and it is the largest wealth of information on damn near everything involving nutrition and homeopathy I have ever seen in one single place (literally all on the same web page). I swear that this is almost a library of helpful info so I thought I'd share it with everybody:
http://george-eby-research.com/html/depression-anxiety.html#caution

Take a look at what he says about Inositol:

Indole-3-carbinol
Perhaps the greatest and best kept health secret of all time is Indole-3-Carbinol. This is my next to favorite anti-candida (and anti-cancer) agent, which makes it wonderful in stopping magnesium wasting. It is NOT an anti-candida agent like OTC antifungals, prescription antifungals, coconut oil or garlic. It does not repopulate the intestinal tract like Kefir does in its action. Indole-3-Carbinol greatly improve the function of the intestinal immune system, thus making us temporarily immune to Candida Albicans. For those of us that are hypersensitive to Candida Albicans, increasing our immunity to Candida is absolutely and indisputably vital, and is the only way to go! Indole-3-Carbinol is effective in intestinal toxemia, especially for detoxifying the bowels and vastly improving bowel function. In fact, oncologist recommend Indole-3-Carbinol to their colon cancer patients, ostensibly to "improve the odor of their feces", but another very important effect is to induce apoptosis (programmed cell death) of colon cancer cells.. One can now find indole-3-Carbinol tablets with up to 300 mg Indole-3-Carbinol per capsule at most health food stores in the United States and elsewhere. I am taking one 200 mg capsule of indole-3-Carbinol with each meal and at bedtime now that I have found it to be available locally from various manufacturers. It is also available over the Internet. See this google search.

Indole-3-Carbinol helps directly protect against free radicals and indirectly to stimulate the body to help protect it against free radicals - the highly unstable oxygen molecules that damage cell matter, including DNA. Indole-3-Carbinol stimulates the body's own defense system for neutralizing harmful substances. Although many agents, like vitamin-C have this function, Indole-3-Carbinol does it in a readily observable manner. No need for statistics here! Agents such as indole-3-Carbinol and sulforaphene are also found in Spanish and Russian black radishes. These two substances stimulate two of the body's most powerful detoxification mechanisms - the cytochrome P450 and the Phase II enzyme systems - the body's biochemical pathways for converting toxins into harmless or easily excretable substances. If you click on these two links, you will be taken to over four hundred medical journal articles espousing the value of these two ingredients in protecting against intestinal breast and uterine cancer, but nothing on their role as antifungal agents. This makes me ask if Candida Albicans intestinal overgrowth is a prelude to colon cancer? I don't know, but there is nothing that I have found that is more effective in controlling sensitivity to candida albicans than indole-3-Carbinol. It works in conjunction with the liver in the body's natural efforts to detoxify. It is claimed to mobilize and help detoxify heavy metals.

How on earth did I come up with the idea of Indole-3-Carbinol? Or even more mysterious, how about "Spanish Black Radish" for candida albicans? I didn't. I walked into People's Pharmacy on South Lamar in Austin, Texas and complained to the pharmacist/CCN on duty, Laura, and she said in one sentence: "Spanish Black Radish - 3 tablets, 4 times a day". I looked at her and thought, "Well, if that isn't the dumbest idea...", but I went along with her since I was "up the creek without a paddle". I took the little Standard Process Inc. bottle of Spanish Black Radish home, and well the rest is history. It worked perfectly from the first day I used it. How did I know that it "worked"? My most irritating health issue has been benign cardiac arrhythmias called pre atrial contractions (PACs), and they are caused by a weird combination of low taurine and candida albicans. (Later, upon analyses, I found that the active ingredient in Spanish Black Radish is Indole-3-Carbinol.)

As discussed elsewhere in this essay, taurine in very high doses (3 grams, 4 times a day) would work for a while, but the fungal growth would max out in a week and wow! A real mess occurs and massive amounts of iodine (dangerous) were the only way to kill off the Candida. But, when Spanish Black Radish was also used with moderately high doses of taurine, my arrhythmias were better controlled than by any other agent. I may mention other treatments for my cardiac arrhythmia problem elsewhere in this 126 page report, but nothing works better for me than Indole-3-Carbinol as of August of 2005. Are the other antifungals still necessary? I suspect that they are to some degree, and daily garlic and Kefir remain extremely important. We must greatly reduce our intake of "fuel" for candida albicans. Fuel? Yes, the primary role of candida albicans is to help digest carbohydrates like sugar.

If you are interested in cardiac arrhythmias, then my article "Taurine Role in Cardiology and Cardiac Arrhythmias" featuring the fabulous 1974 medical journal article "Taurine and Electrical Activity of the Heart" by Chazov et. al is the place for you. The Chazov article is the only article in the medical literature - that I could find - to scientifically discuss the role of taurine in controlling and preventing certain cardiac arrhythmias. To my way of thinking, to ignore taurine and taurine deficiencies in cardiology is medical malpractice, and must be stopped.

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inositol- Another tool in battling candida, anxiety, depression, free radicals...and on and on

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:23 am

I agree that Taurine is a vital component for anyone with a cardiac problem. Taurine IV's are used, alone with Magnesium, Arginine, Co-enzyme Q10, and Carnitine in the integrative medicine arena.

With respect to IC3 or Indole Carbinol 3, while it does improve the 2/16 hydroxy estrogen ratio, it also does something that isn't so good. Recently it was discovered that Indole Carbinol 3 increases a toxic metabolite in the body. Namely
4-hydroxy estrogen. It is even more toxic than the 16-hydroxy estrogen IC3 helps get rid of.

4-hydroxy estrogen prevents crucial apoptosis or programmed cell death to mutated cells--think cancer. Additionally, it is believed that 4-hydroxy estrogen is a precursor to autoimmune diseases.

The solution is DIM or Bio-DIM. This gets rid of 4-hydroxy estrogen and 16-hydroxy estrogen.

CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Inositol- Another tool in battling candida, anxiety, depression, free radicals...and on and on

Post  Paradox on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:41 am

Wow! That's a little disturbing. Do you happen to have any of those studies IH? I plan on using it in really high quantities as an alternative to drugs for anxiety/depression. If I supplement DIM should I be OK? I want to email that guy with studies so he can update his site, and/or bring it to his attention. He suggests taking magnesium with taurine. Do you believe this to be beneficial? Thanks

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:55 pm

Yes, DIM is perfectly ok.

Here's a study of what you asked.

http://toxsci.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/64/2/162?ijkey=66928b6169811ac40b81395640eaeff4fce39bed

George Eby is considered the ultimate source of information on Zinc. I don't know if he is aware of the IC3 factor, but these days more and more products that have IC3 are accompanied with DIM.

Magnesium is critical for anxiety, and depression.

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins on Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:40 pm

Were talking IC3 here. Nothing wrong with inositol. Error in the title?

Joejoebaggins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:20 am

Inositol is good. Great for OCD, depression, etc.

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:38 am

Thanks IH, I'll have to get some dim. That is exactly what I'm using it for BTW (anxiety/depression). Do you think I should take choline with it, or is choline taken mainly for its "smart drug" effect? I've heard them talked about being taken together. I think inositol would really help some of those guys posting on regrowth about their depression and anxiety. I couldn't believe that there are so many studies on it, and that it is even effective for OCD. I have an interview with a psychiatrist who is using it in his practice after his research on lithium indirectly lead him to it. He says that it takes about the same amount of time (3 weeks) as the SSRI's to fully "kick in", and that it is equally effective with the only side effect being loose bowels in a small percentage. I can't believe I have never heard of this stuff all these years. Damn M.D.s!

Joe, Inositol (myo-inositol) is also called Indole-3-carbinol.

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:42 am

Actually Indole 3-Carbinol comes from cruciferious vegetables. Ultimately it converts into Diindolemethane (DIM).

Myo-inositol or inositol is a metabolite of B-vitamins, it is not related to IC3.

Interestingly, inositol is need to prevent baldness in the rat, but it won't do the same thing in us. We can manufacture our own, but the mice/rats cannot.

Choline is good to add and you will find Inositol and Choline combined in one capsule. Or you could take a lot of lecithin, which contains both.

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:39 am

IH, I stand corrected Shocked George seemed to be using the two synonymously because he has that titled "Inositol" in bold. That's why I assumed that they were the same. I finally got some magnesium into my system via an epsom salt bath. I had been taking mag oxide for a long time not knowing that it was only 4% bio-available. Surprisingly I didn't get the "runs" until I consumed 6 or more 250mg pills in a day (a lethal dose of any other kind of mag). That makes me wonder if I am absorbing more than 4%. George mentions that he has observed that some people do in fact absorb mag oxide on rare occasions. Maybe I am one of them?

I couldn't find any oral iodine itself at any health food stores or pharmacies, other than indirectly through kelp. I know that you can get it online, but I was eager to try some. I ended up buying some of the tincture. George calculated the math for the correct dermal dosage in drops somewhere on his page. I will probably look it up and try taking it topically tomorrow. I need to order some lugol's.

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:30 pm

JHarsh80 - One caution on the iodine, if you have tincture, make sure it's food grade iodine. Lugol's of course is perfect and is fine.

There's a link from my site to get it, if you have any trouble finding it, since health food stores will not sell it.

Magnesium, depending on the dosage, can cause magnesium induced magnesium deficiency. That is, too much will prevent absorption.

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:40 pm

IH, It says, "iodine tincture U.S.P. 100% (2% iodine). All the tinctures I saw in the pharmacies say "for external use only". Are you saying that it needs to be food grade even though I am applying it topically? What is the standard for food grade iodine? thanks

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:34 am

JHarsh80 - non-food grade is okay if you are using it topically or painting it on.

The optimal Lugol's solution is 5%.

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:54 am

Thanks IH. So because I mistook inositol for indole 3 carbinol; that means that I do not need the dim right? I am taking inositol, not indole 3 carbinol.

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top