Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Does Aspirin help for hairloss?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does Aspirin help for hairloss?

Post  Horatius on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if aspirin might have a beneficial effect to the health of the scalp and hair. I heard that aspirin increased the bloodflow and also lowers blood pressure. Could this mean that it possibly has an effect similar to minoxidil, being a vasodilator? Doctors prescribe aspirin as a preventive measure for heart attack for this reason I believe
More blood circulation: better hair? I massage and brush my scalp, which has worked pretty good and I wonder if aspirin would enhance those methods.
But maybe there are some bad side effects?

Would like to hear your thoughts

greetings

Horatius

Horatius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does Aspirin help for hairloss?

Post  rofl on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:15 am

no and no.

aspirin is a cox inhibitor, which in turn inhibits clotting factors, and thins the blood. it is not a vasodilator.

Its possible it may play a role in inhibiting Prostaglandin D3, which studies shown recently proof a link, but whether aspirin will help is yet to be proven. furthermore millions take aspirin to stop heart disease caused by clots, and hair regrowth has not been noticed.

inhibiting PGD3 may not do anything, its also yet to be proven, although some ppl r reporting results with cetrizine, but these arent anything impressive yet.

rofl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:58 am

Yeah, I agree. Its operating on a pathway, that I would think theoretically should help. But like rofl pointed out, millions upon millions of people have been taking aspirin regularly for years. The side effect of regrowing hair would probably have been noted.

AS54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:12 pm

even if it did increase circulation and/or lower blood pressure it wouldn't be worth the damage it does to the gut, you want to heal the gut not cause more potential problems. There's other herbals that increase circulation(gingko biloba comes to mind),or lower blood pressure without causing gut problems.

Last edited by Balthier on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

Balthier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Perhaps also if it even were to benefit hair in anyway you would probably have to consume a shit load of the stuff, like pop more then a few a day, a whole pack maybe? lol

You would have more then just your hair to worry about if you did that.

theseeker86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Horatius on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:12 pm

ok thanks for the replies,

It would have surprised me anyway if it would have had any noticeable effect Smile

I haven't visited the forum since a long time, I only brush and massage my scalp, and occasionally have some magnesium pills to combat muscle soreness.
I've been thinning and losing hair since I was nineteen (23 now) but I have slowed the process way down with the manual methods. If I wanted any regrowth I might have to step it up with some supplements.

Horatius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum