Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Shaving Technique

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shaving Technique

Post  ITITCHES on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:36 am

I figure this is an important battle in the anti-aging war and not entirely off-topic. Surely rubbing razors over your face every other day isn't exactly the best thing for your skin.

Therefore, let's dedicate this here thread to shaving techniques. I for one used to use a generic shaving foam, generic disposable razor and some sort of an aftershave if I had any - ussualy the generic alcohol-based stingy stuff. Nowadays I use this aloe vera gel I get at the pharmacy as both a shaving gel and an aftershave and I do fast chops instead of tugging.

What about you?

ITITCHES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shaving Technique

Post  Nuada on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:16 am

Thats why I shave once a week. I use standart shaving gel and nivea's after shave balm.

I am open to recommendations though.

Nuada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:35 am

I use an electric razor that has low friction.
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Petch on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:01 am

I only shave twice a week, but only shave down, not against the grain/stubble as this can cause razor rash, although it does give a better shave. Heard the king of shaves razor is very good, but not used it myself
Petch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:14 am

I use Aubrey Organics stuff, I wish I could shave every day because I kind of have some bare patches but if I did my neck would all broken out with razor bumps.

chapat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodThings on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:32 pm

I also shave twice a week. I use Merkur Futur and Derby blades. The blades i got from ebay and they last a year for me. So the blades save me a lot of money. I use Headblade headslick shaving cream. You can get them from CVS or Riteaid for 7 bucks. The cream gives you a good shave. Very slick. You use only a nickel amount so that lasts you for several months. For aftershave, i use Thayers witch hazel lavender. It protects your skin and gives it cooling affect after you shave. I usually go with the grain once and then against the grain once. Then i just clean the areas where i feel isn't smooth. That's about it.

i have wondered this for a long time. I see some adults have these skin color and i presume it's from shaving. Is it from electric shaving?

GoodThings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:08 pm

dragging a razor across your skin in itself shouldn't be a prpblem and has the potential to be healthy, unless something in your technique, products, or facial hair is prone to irritation/razor bumps: google exfoliation.

That said, I wouldn't touch a chemical peel, etc.

Gibson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:45 pm

I have a good technique make shaving easy, it works like this:

Be a man and GROW A BEARD!!! Stop trying to conform to be the feminine, cleanshaven mangina that women/society want you to be. I can't stand men choose facial hair styles based on what women and popular culture deem to be in style (example: the goatee+mustache is mostly all you see today, because women and pop culture say it's okay). Fuck them.

Espio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:38 pm

I haven't had a clean shave since last spring. Like CS, I use an electric razor with low friction. I usually have a beard of sorts, though not a long one but some semblance of full facial hair. Smile

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  europe on Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:15 am

I don't shave.

once a year, i have a FUE from beard to scalp.
awesome.

Also, last year, nidhogge gave me all his bodyhair to patch my scalp. check his last photos if you don't believe me.... thanks a bunch man by the way !
europe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion on Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:59 am

I use a badger brush and Proraso shave cream pre-shave. Then I just shave with that Gillette 100 blade thing. Mach whatever.

I do only shave downwards. I think I started doing that from watching that Queer Eye for the Straight Guy show that told you to only shave downwards, lol.

I also use the Proraso after shave which is nice.

When I run out of replacement blades, I'm going to switch over to a Merkur razor I think.

hadrion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  desmadre1 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:03 pm

I really don't shave. Have a long beard. But do remember my skin was awesome when I shaved everyday in the shaved areas. Also, remember a friend that had a small bald spot that just magically disappeared. He would shave his head everyday. I always assumed that the blade "cleaned" the skin and had a slight dermabrasion effect. From this thread I gather shaving to consistently causes problems. Why?

desmadre1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:47 am

I think shaving with blades is good for your face. Especially if it's done with an upward motion against the grain of the hairs. Most hairs point down on your face but if you scrape quite rigorously upwards, not only do you remove the unwanted hair closer to the skin you actually exfoliate the dead skin cells...leaving fresh new cells to grow underneath.

shaftless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top