Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol

Post  NewReg on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:46 am

When started taking Resvertrol with my Curcumin, I literally noticed a "reaction" in my stomach (like a churning). Thereafter, I noticed a detox like effect that didn't take place when I just took the Curcumin alone. There's been some talk about increasing the uptake of Curcumin (warm milk, oil, etc.), and for me, I believe the Resveratrol has helped. (Unless the reaction is nothing more than speedy elimination.)

I just came across this little diddy below and was wondering if you guys thought it might increase absorption (as has been stated, Resveratrol, like Curcumin, has poor internal absorption.

http://supplements.relentlessimprovement.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=relentless&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=643673121&Count2=560813546&CategoryID=709&Target=products.asp

NewReg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Curcumin Absorption w/Resveratrol

Post  orwell on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:20 am

Same here Newreg, my stomach has been churning, and actually hurting, since I started taking Resvertrol. I'm going to the loo often. Maybe it's a poor quality batch of Resvertrol? Can anyone offer some advice or do we simply wait for our bodies to normalize?

orwell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:15 am

orwell - The link didn't come up exactly, but did you mention the mention of emodin of Resveratrol concerning the laxative effect it has?

CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:57 pm

orwell wrote:Same here Newreg, my stomach has been churning, and actually hurting, since I started taking Resvertrol. I'm going to the loo often. Maybe it's a poor quality batch of Resvertrol? Can anyone offer some advice or do we simply wait for our bodies to normalize?

orwell, I don't know if that's a good sign. I take resveratrol together with curcumin, and have never had that problem. But several years ago, I took some of LEF's curcumin with bioperine, and that stuff made me cramp up terribly, so I stopped using it.

Also, you want to pay close attention to how the other herbs, that you are taking, might interfere with resveratrol, causing your stomach discomfort.

The Natural

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg on Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:14 pm

For whatever reason, I can't link direct to the product. It's the second product link on the page. Curious if you think this -- when combined -- could help with absorption of curcumin.

http://supplements.relentlessimprovement.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=relentless&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=913067042&Count2=830207467&CategoryID=709&Target=products.asp

NewReg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  orwell on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:26 am

Thanks guys.

emodin of Resveratrol

I've read about this somewhere - IH isn't the lax side effect related to the quality of Resvertrol?

As far as i can tell it started with the resveratrol; I only added Curcumin like two weeks ago.

I've been taking resvertrol for about 5 weeks now.

This is the brand and blend:

Natures Goodness t Resveratrol is a synergistic blend of antioxidants, including:

Grape Skin Extract rich in t resveratrol and proanthocyanidins. Proanthocyanidins are polyphenol antioxidant bioflavonoids, and have been shown to support vascular health.

Grape Seed Extract rich source of proanthocyanidins.

Green Tea high in catechins polyphenol antioxidant bioflavonoids which display cardio-protective and chemo-protective effects.

Wild Rosella high in anthocyanins powerful antioxidant protection from free radicals.
[/quote][quote]

orwell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:17 am

Some believe the emodin content causes this churning effect. But it very well could be a healthy detoxifcation reaction.

The Natural uses Jarrow Formulas Resveratrol, it's hard to go wrong with Jarrow.

I've been a fan of Now Resveratrol. I've tried both kinds with no problems.

CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson on Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:37 am

owell,
that combo product sounds a lot like jarrow resveratrol synergy. I can take plain resveratrol without a prob: i've used jarrow and country life, probably others, but that reveratrol synergy product is a nightmare and I will NEVER take even one again. It took me a long time to figure it out, but now I now it turns my healthy gut (here's the drama) into a boaderline IBS sufferer.

Gibson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:58 pm

In my experience, I'm pretty sure it's the emodin. Even a small amount in the 98.7% pure Resveratrol that I had gave me a laxative effect. I've had detox effects before from various things I've tried, and I don't really think it's detox.

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  europe on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Nid - what was your (that) resve brand ?

europe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Hey bud,

It wasn't a brand in particular, I bought it straight from a middle-man that sourced it from China. Most Resveratrol floating around is from China. I bought a kilo for $800 back then, but the price has dropped a few hundred since...that was 2 summers ago.

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top