Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Zinc deficiency associated with hypothyroidism: an overlooked cause of severe alopecia.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zinc deficiency associated with hypothyroidism: an overlooked cause of severe alopecia.

Post  CausticSymmetry on Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:01 am

Int J Trichology. 2013 Jan;5(1):40-2. doi: 10.4103/0974-7753.114714.
Zinc deficiency associated with hypothyroidism: an overlooked cause of severe alopecia.
Betsy A, Binitha M, Sarita S.

Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Government Medical College, Calicut, Kerala, India.

Hypothyroidism is a common and well recognized cause of diffuse hair loss. Zinc and other trace elements such as copper and selenium are required for the synthesis of thyroid hormones, and deficiency of these can result in hypothyroidism. Conversely, thyroid hormones are essential for the absorption of zinc, and hence hypothyroidism can result in acquired zinc deficiency. The hair loss attributed to hypothyroidism may not improve with thyroxine unless zinc supplements are added, as demonstrated in our case.

Full Study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746228/

_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpbregimen.htm

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts: 10992
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Zinc deficiency associated with hypothyroidism: an overlooked cause of severe alopecia.

Post  Diffusing on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:30 pm

interesting article thank you for posting it. i suffer from diffusing thinning all over my head so i guess this is something i should get checked out.

Diffusing

Posts: 17
Join date: 2013-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zinc deficiency associated with hypothyroidism: an overlooked cause of severe alopecia.

Post  987 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:16 am

This is where I believe over ejaculation issues tie in specifically..

987

Posts: 432
Join date: 2012-04-19
Location: USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zinc deficiency associated with hypothyroidism: an overlooked cause of severe alopecia.

Post  Diffusing on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:26 am

987 wrote:This is where I believe over ejaculation issues tie in specifically..
yea I've always been curious about that too. i had a really bad habit of masturbating 3-4 times a day everyday for many years. I've recently been able to stop and now usually do so only 1-2 times a week.

Embarassed 

Diffusing

Posts: 17
Join date: 2013-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zinc deficiency associated with hypothyroidism: an overlooked cause of severe alopecia.

Post  Diffusing on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:24 am

found this article that was kind of interesting and pertains the the subject.
http://www.calosol.com/alopecia_articles/alopecia_article_6.php

One should take in the region of 15-50mgs per day. Yet lifestyle will effect how much zinc we use. Stress, alcohol, tea, coffee consumption and our diet also has an effect on our requirements. A single ejaculation has been estimated to contain about 15mgs of zinc, so it follows that calculating your own optimum zinc levels will depend on what else is going on in your diet and life!

Diffusing

Posts: 17
Join date: 2013-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zinc deficiency associated with hypothyroidism: an overlooked cause of severe alopecia.

Post  ngb on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:25 am

Diffusing wrote:
987 wrote:This is where I believe over ejaculation issues tie in specifically..
yea I've always been curious about that too. i had a really bad habit of masturbating 3-4 times a day everyday for many years. I've recently been able to stop and now usually do so only 1-2 times a week.

Embarassed 
If the theory is that you lose zinc every time you ejaculate then you would only possibly get a benefit after 3 or 4 days since that is how long it takes for your seminal vesicles and prostate to fill up. There is no difference between masturbating twice a week and 4 times a day if you think you are losing zinc every time you ejaculate.

ngb

Posts: 453
Join date: 2013-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zinc deficiency associated with hypothyroidism: an overlooked cause of severe alopecia.

Post  Diffusing on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:21 am

ngb wrote:
Diffusing wrote:
987 wrote:This is where I believe over ejaculation issues tie in specifically..
yea I've always been curious about that too. i had a really bad habit of masturbating 3-4 times a day everyday for many years. I've recently been able to stop and now usually do so only 1-2 times a week.

Embarassed 
If the theory is that you lose zinc every time you ejaculate then you would only possibly get a benefit after 3 or 4 days since that is how long it takes for your seminal vesicles and prostate to fill up.  There is no difference between masturbating twice a week and 4 times a day if you think you are losing zinc every time you ejaculate.
so then your saying only the liquids that come out of your body the first time you jack off contain and deplete your body of zinc?

Diffusing

Posts: 17
Join date: 2013-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum