Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  Isreviro on Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Hey guys, bout a month ago (after seeing this post) I went out to the stores to find some glycolic acid but only found some name brand gel. I bought it and used it despite the fact that the glycolic % was not listed. Since using it all my small vellus hairs that i have grown from boar brushing seemed to get longer. I noticed it after about 2 weeks of using it. I don't boar brush every day, just 2 or 3 times a week to scrape all the dead skin and junk from my scalp. I finally ordered a strong (30%) glycolic acid bottle that I am starting to use tonight.

I first shaved my head in the summer and noticed an astonishing amount of red dots everywhere on the pale skin. I can still see plenty of small mosquito bite like pimples scattered around where I am balding. I am hoping a stronger glycolic % will help reduce these spots.

I will update my results if(when) I see any thing substantial happen.

Also, my right temple has been slowly getting long hairs growing with a little bit of colour in them. It is quite a bit more than my left. What should i make of this?


Sorry for writing so much.


Isreviro

Posts : 36
Join date : 2012-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  hoppipolla on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:58 am

Just tried some nice and mild in my shampoo (probably 5% or less) and even at that low percentage I still felt tingling, very mild burning, smell, etc. I thought when it was that low I wouldn't even notice it, but I definitely did!

I am still peeling a bit, not sure if it's from last time when I did 25% or not.

But erm, anyway, still going at it!
avatar
hoppipolla

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2010-02-26
Location : Kent, UK

View user profile http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  YAER on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:40 pm

hoppipolla wrote:Just tried some nice and mild in my shampoo (probably 5% or less) and even at that low percentage I still felt tingling, very mild burning, smell, etc. I thought when it was that low I wouldn't even notice it, but I definitely did!

I am still peeling a bit, not sure if it's from last time when I did 25% or not.

But erm, anyway, still going at it!
dont do this, the shampoo allows the glyco to penetrate deep down and actually reach the hair follicles which is a disaster in the making as its acid at the end of the day, and this is the cause of the tingle, its a bad sign here. The glyco should only have contact with the skin. Apart from this i think its detrimental to use it often as it strips out the subcutaneous fat layer which is already deprived in balding heads, i have glyco at home and its custom made with water, no alcohol or ppg as they promote follicle apoptosis to sensitive heads, which is why i lost alot of hair when i started minox and they didnt grow back. glyco is good for thick heads covered in sebum and blocked pores only.

YAER

Posts : 289
Join date : 2013-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  gonzalito on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:25 pm

abetz85 wrote:
gonzalito wrote:
abetz85 wrote:Awesome and congrats!!!! how many month on the peeling and massage? and what else are you doing?
Thnaks a lot, abestz85...

Massages for about one year now... Peeling for the last 2 months...

Oral supplementation: DIM, opti-l-zinc, vit. K2, magnesium...
Thank you for the info!! Do you think that the major results came from the peeling?
Hello there, abetz85

To be honest, I give 60% of success to my control of estrogen (i was high on it)... Since lowering estrogen to normal levels, my hair begun to improve... The other 40%, yes, I think its both the massaging and peeling... Since starting the peeling, all my hair is thicker as ever...

gonzalito

Posts : 153
Join date : 2009-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  gonzalito on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:39 pm

LAST PIC BEFORE SHAVING AGAIN!!!

Right after the massaging (that explains the curly effect...)


gonzalito

Posts : 153
Join date : 2009-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  hoppipolla on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:45 pm

YAER wrote:dont do this, the shampoo allows the glyco to penetrate deep down and actually reach the hair follicles which is a disaster in the making as its acid at the end of the day, and this is the cause of the tingle, its a bad sign here. The glyco should only have contact with the skin. Apart from this i think its detrimental to use it often as it strips out the subcutaneous fat layer which is already deprived in balding heads, i have glyco at home and its custom made with water, no alcohol or ppg as they promote follicle apoptosis to sensitive heads, which is why i lost alot of hair when i started minox and they didnt grow back. glyco is good for thick heads covered in sebum and blocked pores only.
I only did it as a cheaper alternative to T-Sal...

People report success with T-Sal... right?

I could always play it safe and just apply normally though Smile
avatar
hoppipolla

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2010-02-26
Location : Kent, UK

View user profile http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  YAER on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:39 pm

hoppipolla wrote:
YAER wrote:dont do this, the shampoo allows the glyco to penetrate deep down and actually reach the hair follicles which is a disaster in the making as its acid at the end of the day, and this is the cause of the tingle, its a bad sign here. The glyco should only have contact with the skin. Apart from this i think its detrimental to use it often as it strips out the subcutaneous fat layer which is already deprived in balding heads, i have glyco at home and its custom made with water, no alcohol or ppg as they promote follicle apoptosis to sensitive heads, which is why i lost alot of hair when i started minox and they didnt grow back. glyco is good for thick heads covered in sebum and blocked pores only.
I only did it as a cheaper alternative to T-Sal...

People report success with T-Sal... right?

I could always play it safe and just apply normally though Smile

tbh i would never use these harsh shampoos on my hair, i used regenpure and suffered the worst shed of my life on it which im still recovering from now, aged me 8 yrs in terms of hair loss in 3 months and i didnt know it was the reason, only when i started excessively shedding after each wash did i know it was excessively stripping my hair of its natural oils and the harsh ingredients like ketocanazole or sulphates,sodiums and salycic acid like in ur shampoos were penetrating deep down when left on hair for more than 30 secs on the hair and actually hurts the follicle. Please play it safe, i use an all natural shampoo, sweet sunnah blackseed oil shampoo, this is the most magnificent shampoo iv ever used, no chemical or alcohol and made with natural oils, cleans the hair and strengthens deeply. Would advise u to buy it if ur in the U.S, im from the middle east and order it, u can imagine the cost i bear but its worth it.

YAER

Posts : 289
Join date : 2013-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  abetz85 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:24 pm

YAER wrote:
hoppipolla wrote:
YAER wrote:dont do this, the shampoo allows the glyco to penetrate deep down and actually reach the hair follicles which is a disaster in the making as its acid at the end of the day, and this is the cause of the tingle, its a bad sign here. The glyco should only have contact with the skin. Apart from this i think its detrimental to use it often as it strips out the subcutaneous fat layer which is already deprived in balding heads, i have glyco at home and its custom made with water, no alcohol or ppg as they promote follicle apoptosis to sensitive heads, which is why i lost alot of hair when i started minox and they didnt grow back. glyco is good for thick heads covered in sebum and blocked pores only.
I only did it as a cheaper alternative to T-Sal...

People report success with T-Sal... right?

I could always play it safe and just apply normally though Smile
tbh i would never use these harsh shampoos on my hair, i used regenpure and suffered the worst shed of my life on it which im still recovering from now, aged me 8 yrs in terms of hair loss in 3 months and i didnt know it was the reason, only when i started excessively shedding after each wash did i know it was excessively stripping my hair of its natural oils and the harsh ingredients like ketocanazole or sulphates,sodiums and salycic acid like in ur shampoos were penetrating deep down when left on hair for more than 30 secs on the hair and actually hurts the follicle. Please play it safe, i use an all natural shampoo, sweet sunnah blackseed oil shampoo, this is the most magnificent shampoo iv ever used, no chemical or alcohol and made with natural oils, cleans the hair and strengthens deeply. Would advise u to buy it if ur in the U.S, im from the middle east and order it, u can imagine the cost i bear but its worth it.


This is quite strange cause someone (i don't remember where i saw that, but i remember the fact perfectly) said that has obtained regrowth using on bald spot those strips that are used to remove comedones (black heads) on both nose and chicks. those strips work because they contains salicylic acid that work directly on the sebum clogs due to his directly affinity on fat (beta H. acid). Something that glycolic acid can't do cause it's an alpha H. acid.
Also have to add that glycolic acid due to its low molecular dimension penetrate easily the skin and can damage the derma (this is the purpose of the glycolic peeling, damaging the derma to stimulate self repair and then eliminate/mitigate wrinkles, so i think that it can reach also the root of hairs).
But i understand that on commercial shampoo there are several others ingredients that are detrimental for the scalp, like sulphates so this kind of shampoo will bring dangerous substances directly on the follicle. Known that i have still bought a salicylic shampoo some days ago that i will use maybe once a week for it's superior cleaning properties.


abetz85

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  hoppipolla on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:46 am

YAER - To be honest... I am very lazy with shampoo. I just use whatever is nearest. Why? Because my hair always looked great no matter what I used before the hormonal shift caused MPB. I see MPB as a purely hormonal event, I really don't think shampoo will make or break it.

abetz85 - That's interesting. To be honest, both salicylic and glycolic seem to work. I'm not sure which is better but I've heard success with both Smile
avatar
hoppipolla

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2010-02-26
Location : Kent, UK

View user profile http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  abetz85 on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:11 am

Sincerly i don't know.

Salicylic it's more aggressive than glycolic. they are both used in aestetic peeling. I could propend for the salicylic one cause it's also antinflamatory. I personally use lactic acid instead of glycolic because where i live it's really cheap! 1L 80% at about 10$- it can penetrate less than the glycolic one but it's more "human friendly" from my point of view since it can be produced by the body itself. It was also present in the zx42 formula that has given result to someone in this forum. It was the third ingredient of the list so it should be present in quite high amount (probably between 25% to 10%, this is only my belive not sure about this).

abetz85

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  gonzalito on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Im about to upgrade to TCA 30%, alternating with Salysilic 20%... I found an eBay seller that sells a promo with both, really cheap...

Ive just also ordered polysorbate 80... Ive read wonderful things about it...

gonzalito

Posts : 153
Join date : 2009-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  hoppipolla on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:47 am

I just put about 7-8% glycolic on one half of my head (diluted in normal tap water). I know it's low...

But yeah, just a very mild burn.

Honestly, that's what I meant by "tingle". Perhaps tingle was the wrong word. It's just a very light burn.

It's ok though I mean, even after the very low amount that also went into my shampoo (I estimated less than 5% I think) I still felt a burn and I still shed tons of skin.

Weird, huh?

How come I shed so easily?

Hopefully I'll shed lots from this too, even if it is embarrassing as it looks like you have bad dandruff! xD

I only put it on half because with 25% glycolic the burning was SO bad! I had to lie down because my whole body felt hot and weird. I did half with this 8% solution just in case I got a similar reaction, as then at least it would only be half the area reacting.

I feel fine at the moment though Smile


- Oh and I wear gloves of course, just cheap latex ones. Otherwise my hands peel! I got peeling on my hand from the shampoo!
avatar
hoppipolla

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2010-02-26
Location : Kent, UK

View user profile http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  Espio on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:36 am

I just got back in touch with MisterE, he says that he no longer believes that the acid peels do anything. In his opinion, it's just insulin resistance that causes MPB, which is pretty much what all of us on this forum believe.

But still, I still think my hair has gotten a little thicker from doing it, so I'm going to continue.

Espio

Posts : 740
Join date : 2008-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  abetz85 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:29 pm

How is it possible that he has recently told to someone that has got great result with acid peel and then told to another the opposite.

Has he got great resul only by his diet? (seem quite strange)

abetz85

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  Espio on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:56 pm

I think maybe everyone gets a little bit of a good reaction to the scalp peeling just from the massaging of the scalp that is required when you use it. Yes he still eats the vegan diet.

Espio

Posts : 740
Join date : 2008-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  hoppipolla on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:48 pm

I'm still solidly on it and shedding skin quite regularly so I'll let you guys know if it works Smile
avatar
hoppipolla

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2010-02-26
Location : Kent, UK

View user profile http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  Espio on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:48 pm

I made a mistake, he's no longer a vegan, more of a vegetarian now. He eats a bit of egg whites and low fat milk now for some protein. But he still avoids fats as much as possible.

Espio

Posts : 740
Join date : 2008-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  abetz85 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:11 pm

I also will endure with the peel. Since I'm doing it i have literaly no itching issue enymore.
My explanation.

(hormonal change,or other factor)->(Seborroic dermatitis,Inflamation,dandruff,keratinization,fibrosis) -> (that area start to itching)->( your body start telling you that you need to scratch to feel relief, to remove those dead skin or else with your nails to feel relief)->(I do the peel to remove al that dead skin in a simple way)->(no more itching).

Also I think that Milk and milk derivates are the wrost source of food, mankind is the only mammal that eat milk after weaning. (said by me that can't avoid eat those kind of food but i'm trying to limitate at same time).

abetz85

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  abetz85 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:36 pm

So guys any news from the scalp peeling? Smile

abetz85

Posts : 32
Join date : 2012-05-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  hoppipolla on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:41 am

I have still been at it. I definitely need to stop for a while though as my skin is looking quite red at the front Sad

So yeah I'm going to lay off it for a week or so as I've now done 3-4 peels in quite a short length of time, with mostly ~10% glycolic but the first was ~25%.

No improvement to my hair so far but I think it's too soon to tell. My scalp does seem to feel very loose though, like before I could barely scrunch it at the top (in the galea) but now it almost feels the same as the surrounding skin.

I don't think I'm imagining it o.O

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted!
avatar
hoppipolla

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2010-02-26
Location : Kent, UK

View user profile http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  gonzalito on Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:44 am

How is it going, Hoppi?

gonzalito

Posts : 153
Join date : 2009-08-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  symbiotic on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:20 pm

Gonzalito, just curios as to what attachment you are using with the massager? My sister happen to have the very same one from the youtube video, and having tried it on the scalp they are all very uncomfortable.


symbiotic

Posts : 9
Join date : 2014-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  itzmecorey on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:18 am

I think saturated fats and EFAs if they are from natural sources are not counter productive for hair growth in the genetically predisposed. Especially if combined with exercise, low stress and quality carbs. It's the PUFAs with little exercise and scorched oils in excess that cause lipid oxidation and body issues.

itzmecorey

Posts : 210
Join date : 2011-01-11
Age : 31
Location : Endicott, NY

View user profile http://www.coreychmiel.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  Thin in FL on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:03 am

Who is still sticking with this??
I've been doing 20% peels about once a week for a good two months, but no results to report as of yet.

Thin in FL

Posts : 57
Join date : 2012-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  hoppipolla on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:59 am

Thin in FL wrote:Who is still sticking with this??
I've been doing 20% peels about once a week for a good two months, but no results to report as of yet.

really none? that sucks. no slowing loss or regrowth?

I haven't really got anything to report yet either, but I intend to do another peel tonight. about a month ago I peeled so much that the skin was red for days, so I gave it a 2-3 week break...
avatar
hoppipolla

Posts : 2636
Join date : 2010-02-26
Location : Kent, UK

View user profile http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp peeling with 20% glycolic acid: GREAT RESULTS...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum