FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C: What's the Real Story?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C: What's the Real Story?

Post  Delphine on Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:48 am

johndoe1225 wrote:Haha, that's cool, I definitely get anxiety/panic attacks too

I can get pretty anxious myself...I notice I am feeling psychologically stronger as I keep up the high dosing of C. I combine it with MSM powder
which is said to ramp up the absorption of C. A naturopath told me, "This will make anyone a superman or superwoman." Very Happy
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:36 pm

Delphine wrote:

I can get pretty anxious myself...I notice I am feeling psychologically stronger as I keep up the high dosing of C.  I combine it with MSM powder
which is said to ramp up the absorption of C.   A naturopath told me, "This will make anyone a superman or superwoman." Very Happy

Yeah that's actually the reason I started taking vitamin C, for MSM.  But I take about 25g of MSM a day and only 2g of vitamin c, so it's not even close to enough.

I take Nature Made brand, I think that should be fine.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:16 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:
Delphine wrote:

I can get pretty anxious myself...I notice I am feeling psychologically stronger as I keep up the high dosing of C.  I combine it with MSM powder
which is said to ramp up the absorption of C.   A naturopath told me, "This will make anyone a superman or superwoman." Very Happy

Yeah that's actually the reason I started taking vitamin C, for MSM.  But I take about 25g of MSM a day and only 2g of vitamin c, so it's not even close to enough.

Powder or capsules? For such high doses, powder in water is best IMO.
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:04 pm

Delphine wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
Delphine wrote:

Powder or capsules?  For such high doses, powder in water is best IMO.  

Yeah definitely, but atm I'm taking capsules, and 500 mg ones at that lol, so that's going to be inconvenient Very Happy

I'd also like to use the powder in topical applications on my face and scalp

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Beebrox on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:21 pm

Sinusitis?

would go a bit more aggressive with disinfection part of it, and then apply mega-dose of vitamin c if necessarily.

In short, gargling iodine, licking ginger root, chewing seeds of chilly are options, so are sodium bicarbonate if issue appears to be fungal growth. MSM is slow in killing, but still an good option. From minerals, selenium and zinc/copper are an option...

Beebrox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:51 pm

Of course we need other things as well as C.  But what I am trying to get across here is that going to bowel tolerance of C shows us
the state of our health.  I took 65 grams the first time which showed my health and energies were depleted.  But already as I continue with this,
I need less, and am feeling a lot better.  

These are notes from a lecture by Dr. Thomas Levy.  Vitamin C can restore health by restoring a high electron flow.  Dr. Levy wrote a book about vitamin C titled Curing The Incurable.

Electron flow supply > high flow = health; low flow = illness; no flow = death. (5:38)

All good nutritional nutrients are [ultimately] always antioxidants, and all antioxidants are always [ultimately] nutrients. The ability to donate electrons means it is a nutrient. Toxins are always oxidants, and oxidants are always toxic. The ability to take electrons away, means it is a toxin [and is synonymous with toxins of all varieties]. To my knowledge yet, no exceptions. (6:15)

All disease symptoms are induced by oxidants, i.e. electron depletion. (9:20)

All antioxidants replete electrons, and it is by that mechanism that you get pain relief or resolution of any particular symptom. It is literally that simple. (9:35)

Vitamin C is proven effective against all toxins. (10:09)

Everything you ingest, when it is metabolized and brought down to a molecular level, is going to do one of three things: it's going to give up an electron; it's going to take an electron away; or in extremely rare circumstances, it is going to be electronically inert, and do neither. There's really no other options. (15:56)

[Pavlov found that pure carbohydrates moved through a dog's digestive system in about 90 minutes. Pure meat in about 3 hours. When combined, it took 8 to 9 hours! (22)]

A C-flush is a very very good way...far better, in my opinion, than any form of enema or irrigation system you can use. (46:55)

The whole point of an antioxidant is to deliver energy. (1:13:40)

Before I began working for the company that I work for that makes these liposome products, I refused to believe my own clinical observations for about a year....there was nothing that IV/C did not help....And then my clinic closed; I got sick; didn't have my IV vitamin C; and what the heck am I going to do now....I proved to my satisfaction that 5 to 6 grams of properly encapsolated liposomal vitamin C, taken orally, had a greater clinical impact than a 50 gram infusion. Even when I saw this happen, I was still in denial.     (1:13:55)

...liposomal C....can get the vitamin C into other areas of the body more readily than intravenous... (1:16:45)

IV vitamin C is great for the extracellular spaces. (1:17:10)

A liposome is a little ball of fat....and is virtually the same substance as that which your natural cell walls are [made of]. And constructed in the same fashion. (1:18:30)

...the liposome...when it gets next to a cell wall...opens up...and can deform into the cell... (1:19:23)

Why is this not out there yet? Well, I don't know; follow the money trail. (1:22:50)

All therapy is electron repletion. All therapy. (1:23:35)

Use a C-flush to keep the toxins flushed out of the gut. (1:24:33)
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Beebrox on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:42 pm

Delphine,

nothing against it the vitamin C, actually i promote it really heavily. Thing being, it's not easy to consume therapeutic dosages, and thus other options are more effective or at least practical. Regarding the IV's, sodium ascorbate in form of IV improves bowel tolerance. If one has access to it, then taking one dosage (along with co-nutrients), and then proceed with internal ascorbic acid, that will be more easily absorbed and not cause unnecessarily diarrhea. Otherwise 1 tea spoon is approx 1.5g; putting it on the tongue directly and flush with water multiple times a day, is always an option not to get a illness when everybody else is sick.

The thing CS is talking about regarding the viruses and flu is still interesting for me; from industrial perspective - people are sick when new chemical are being introduced in their respiratory system, so they pick it up. Mind virus from the media is amazing.

Beebrox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:25 am

Well since the 2 threads have synchronized a bit I might as well link them for interested readers.  This is regarding the topic of electron donor charge and cellular health. Basically the available donor electrons determine the PH ... or acid or alkaline state of the tissue. The PH determines the available  oxygen levels to fight infections or oxygenate cells. Also PH determines the ability to deliver minerals such as calcium.  Also it is claimed that degenerative diseases like cancer exist in acidic conditions.
    The discussion continued with methods to increase cellular useful charge potential. Some of these methods included electronic gadgetry , mild wounding sparking regenerative response,  and dietary methods to adjust PH.

On the linked page are the details and research .

http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t10798p180-detumescence-really-works

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:57 am

Beebrox wrote:Delphine,

nothing against it the vitamin C, actually i promote it really heavily. Thing being, it's not easy to consume therapeutic dosages, and thus other options are more effective or at least practical. Regarding the IV's, sodium ascorbate in form of IV improves bowel tolerance. If one has access to it, then taking one dosage (along with co-nutrients), and then proceed with internal ascorbic acid, that will be more easily absorbed and not cause unnecessarily diarrhea. Otherwise 1 tea spoon is approx 1.5g;  putting it on the tongue directly and flush with water multiple times a day, is always an option not to get a illness when everybody else is sick.

It was a challenge to get into taking repeated doses of C/MSM over a period of hours, but as with anything, you get used to it. When you start to feel the benefits, it feels like a lot less of a hassle!

I don't have access to IV C, but I do want to also start making lipsomal C, which as Dr. Levy says, has a similar or greater effect!
Before I began working for the company that I work for that makes these liposome products, I refused to believe my own clinical observations for about a year....there was nothing that IV/C did not help....And then my clinic closed; I got sick; didn't have my IV vitamin C; and what the heck am I going to do now....I proved to my satisfaction that 5 to 6 grams of properly encapsolated liposomal vitamin C, taken orally, had a greater clinical impact than a 50 gram infusion. Even when I saw this happen, I was still in denial.

The C-flush is actually beneficial, not something to be viewed as "unnecessary" IMO.

The thing CS is talking about regarding the viruses and flu is still interesting for me; from industrial perspective - people are sick when new chemical are being introduced in their respiratory system, so they pick it up. Mind virus from the media is amazing.

I totally get the mind virus effect. We need to be as vigilant with our "mental diet" as with what we put in our mouths. I've posted about this at my blog.
http://writtens-jen.blogspot.com/2007/03/bodymind-heal-thyself.html

Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  UzumakiNaruto on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:11 pm

Im currenctly taking Bio- Ester C from Kordel's. It's an active form of Vit C. Seems to help with my allergies alot.

UzumakiNaruto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:55 pm

Notes from Primal Panacea by Dr. Thomas Levy:

In 2009, intravenous vitamin C, cured a comatose swine flu patient who was literally at the point of being removed from life support. He had also been diagnosed with whiteout pneumonia and "hairy-cell" leukemia....New Zealand....The attending doctors had wanted to "pull the plug" that had been sustaining the patient's life for the prior month, but the family insisted that Klenner-sized doses of vitamin C be tried first. The clinical response was quick and stunning. Almost immediately, the patient's lungs began to clear, and he recovered enough to be taken off life support. Furthermore, his leukemia appeared to have resolved along with the swine flu. Even with this miraculous turnaround, and no other explanation, nearly all of the doctors reviewing the case concluded that his recovery was a coincidence -- that his healing had nothing to do with the infusions of vitamin C. p17-8
After over 15 years of researching and personal observation, I can categorically say that high-dose vitamin C is a clinical miracle when compared to all of our modern drugs. Furthermore, volumes of studies exist that say it works. It's one of the safest substances known to man -- we have yet to discover a toxic dose for vitamin C, a bit of a miracle in itself. Even when hundreds of grams have been administered within a few days, the only side effect is good health. Its cost is microscopic compared to the cost of most prescription drugs and therapies. Many of the diseases and conditions that vitamin C has been shown to cure remain "incurable" with conventional medications. So why is there an almost universal refusal to consider the merits of high-dose vitamin C, or even to look at the evidence for it? I'll leave it to the reader to answer that question. But regardless of motive, this is inexcusable! Unless and until the public forces the medical profession to be the noble profession it pretends to be, nothing will change....vitamin C, ask yourself why such a therapy is not better known and more extensively used. The evidence unequivocally shows that mega-gram doses of vitamin C can prevent and cure a vast list of conditions that plague mankind. It is both inexpensive and completely safe. My conclusion: vitamin C is the "Primal Panacea." p18
Consult the medical reference book found in the office of most MD's and you'll find there is "no effective treatment" for the majority of, if not all, viral infections....
How criminal...when one of the
* Most studied
* Safest
* Least expensive
* Wildly effective
antimicrobials has been available for decades!
High dose vitamin C has been proven to be a successful treatment -- and in many cases a complete cure -- for most viral and many bacterial infections. So why does it continue to be ignored?...ridiculed?... shunned?...penalized? Unfortunately, there are four deadly conditions that seem to be unaffected by high-dose vitamin C:
* Ignorance
* Cynicism
* Fear of being proven wrong
* Greed. p26
Why the doctors resumed vitamin C at a dose that was only ten percent of the earlier beneficial dose defies logic, if Mr. Smith's welfare was the only significant concern. When Mr. Smith [New Zealand] improved to the point that he could be moved to a hospital closer to home, the new set of doctors again discontinued vitamin C therapy. Predictably, Allan started to worsen. This time the family had to hire an attorney to force a resumption of the C therapy....To the doctor's amazement, Allan walked out of the hospital several weeks before they thought it possible. Furthermore, there was no longer any evidence of hairy cell leukemia....Perhaps the most amazing part of this story is that those in the medical community with bedside seats to this amazing drama were unconvinced that vitamin C had any part in Allan Smith's return to health! p27-8
"People are dying because of the attitude of the medical profession." (Dr. Ian Brighthope) p29 [Semmelweis!]
I went before the hospital board to try and get Vitamin C administered to him intravenously. I was told that they were sure it was a good treatment, but they knew nothing about it, and they did not allow treatments of which they had no knowledge." (Maureen Kennedy Salaman, President of the National Health Federation) p31
...sepsis...claims the lives of one American every 2.5 minutes. Other victims of sepsis are "saved" through amputation....Every day high-dose vitamin C could be saving the lives of sepsis victims. Every day countless fingers, toes, hands, feet, arms, and legs, could remain attached and healthy if the medical community would simply hear and respond to the facts with scientific integrity. p32
Vitamin C has been shown to prevent, put in remission, and even cure, many viral infections. Here is a partial listing:
* AIDS/HIV
* Ebola
* Encephalitis
* Hepatitis
* Herpes
* Pneumonia
* Polio
* Shingles
* Swine Flu
On the other hand, drug companies have yet to develop any drugs that will reliably kill viruses. Instead, vaccination is modern medicine's answer to viral infections....this strategy is not without significant health risks. In addition....this year's flu vaccine -- which was created from last year's virus -- may have little or no effect against the flu virus currently making the rounds. p32-3
Given the fact that modern medicine has no effective therapy for all viral and many bacterial infectious diseases, why aren't doctors turning to high-dose vitamin C to save the lives of their patients? For decades, men in places of influence have tried to keep the knowledge of high-dose vitamin C locked away. When that has not worked, they have tried to discredit it. p33
...polio....During the late 1940's and early 1950's...it rose to epidemic proportions. Many of the polio victims "fortunate" enough to survive their acute infection spent the remainder of their lives crippled.... high-dose vitamin C. The clinical results were awe-inspiring and the response of the medical community was totally dumbfounding! On June 10, 1949, in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Frederick Klenner, MD, presented a summarization of his polio work at the Annual Session of the American Medical Association (AMA). At that time he had cured 60 out of 60 cases of polio with high-dose injectable vitamin C. He made the following remarks:
"It might be interesting to learn how poliomyelitis was treated in Reidsville, N.C., during the 1948 epidemic. In the past seven years, virus infections have been treated and cured in a period of 72 hours by the employment of massive frequent injections of ascorbic acid [I assume Klenner meant buffered with sodium bicarbonate!], or vitamin C. I believe that if vitamin C in these massive doses -- 6,000 to 20,000mg in a twenty-four hour period -- is given to these patients with poliomyelitis, none will be paralyzed and there will be no further maiming or epidemics of poliomyelitis." (Note: These doses were used on infants and small children, equating to doses well in excess of 100 grams daily for an adult.)
Polio cured! 72 hours of less! Simple injection of vitamin C! No further maiming! No more epidemics! Shockingly, there were no questions, no challenges, no suggestions to investigate the protocol ... not even a question from those doctors in attendance!. p33-4
I can hardly describe the flood of emotions that came over me when I first came across Dr. Frederick Klenner's work with polio patients....What overwhelmed me now was the new realization that vitamin C had been shown to cure this disease BEFORE countless people had been killed or crippled by it. Even now...I get angry! If just a few in the medical community would have opened their eyes, it could have been much different. This criminal negligence should cause the researchers, politicians, drug company executives, government officials, and physicians, who have fought to keep vitamin C out of the mainstream, to hang their heads in shame. p35
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Normalbaldy on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Can anyone link me to a good and pure sodium asorbate. I just read in another site we need good powder and not any Vit C tabs we get easily in shops.
I would like to start this flush soon but not sure about which one to buy.

Normalbaldy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:19 pm

Normalbaldy wrote:Can anyone link me to a good and pure sodium asorbate. I just read in another site we need good powder and not any Vit C tabs we get easily in shops.
I would like to start this flush soon but not sure about which one to buy.

Well, there is this:
http://www.amazon.com/Nutribiotic-Sodium-Ascorbate-Powder-Pound/dp/B000I4DOVU/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1448525366&sr=1-2&keywords=nutribiotic+sodium+ascorbate+powder

But it's a lot cheaper to make sodium ascorbate yourself just by adding baking soda to ascorbic acid.
http://blog.purebulk.com/2015/01/sodium-ascorbate-recipe/

I take straight ascorbic acid myself. With the amount of C I ingest, I wouldn't want all that sodium bicarb along with it...
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:18 am

What do you guys think about Nature Made? They are one of the biggest brands and have USP certification, that's the brand of vitamin C and some other stuff I use atm.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:48 am

johndoe1225 wrote:What do you guys think about Nature Made?  They are one of the biggest brands and have USP certification, that's the brand of vitamin C and some other stuff I use atm.

Should be fine then Smile But I am ordering from PureBulk because the price is right and the quality is also fine. I recently ordered 6 lbs. which was around the same price as 2 lbs. from Nutribiotic.
http://purebulk.com/vitamin-c-ascorbic-acid-powder/
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:02 pm

UzumakiNaruto wrote:Im currenctly taking Bio- Ester C from Kordel's. It's an active form of Vit C. Seems to help with my allergies alot.

Just FYI, the Vitamin C Council does not recommend Ester-C.
http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/esterC%C2%AE-not-rec-by-vitC-found.pdf
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:59 pm

Yeah the powder is definitely more convenient, same with MSM when I was taking even a low dose of a few grams a day, now with the powder it's super easy.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:01 am

Oh by the way I've been meaning to ask;

I always read that you should take vitamin C to treat things like adrenal fatigue and stress etc. in doses spaced "evenly throughout the day", but I never saw anything more specific than that, so does anyone know at what intervals it's best to take it at?

For example, right now I'm taking 2g of vitamin C a day, so how often should I take my 500 mg dose?  

And how often should I take it when I increase the dosage, for example, if I end up taking 4g a day, should I take it at the same intervals as 2g a day but instead of taking 500g 8 times a day, I just take 1g 4 times a day?

Thanks

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:49 am

First of all, do you reach bowel tolerance (BT) at 2 grams a day? I doubt it Smile

To saturate your body with C for optimum health, you need to reach BT, where you get loose stools. This is the welcome message at "Vitamin C for Optimal Health" Facebook group:

Vitamin C can be used therapeutically when taken at bowel tolerance doses. This is the amount just before causing loose stools, taking more can cause a flush occasionally and wipe out bad bacteria in the gut. You take 3-5 grams every 15 minutes until you get loose stools. I recommend any brand ascorbic acid powder. Detox may be experienced. Vitamin C does not just heal the gut it detoxes the body of all toxins, chelates heavy metals, draws out parasites, and balances hormones. This group does not allow posts that bash ascorbic acid, this synthetic vitamin is what we recommend in high doses because it is the safest. Even safer than water. If you are worried about it not being natural please visit here: http://vitamincfoundation.org/NaturalC.htm
Here is Cathcarts method for titrating vitamin c.
http://vitamincfoundation.org/www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm
We are not medical doctors. This information is based on research and used at your own discretion.
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:28 am

Delphine wrote:
First of all, do you reach bowel tolerance (BT) at 2 grams a day?  I doubt it Smile

To saturate your body with C for optimum health, you need to reach BT, where you get loose stools.  This is the welcome message at "Vitamin C for Optimal Health" Facebook group:

Vitamin C can be used therapeutically when taken at bowel tolerance doses. This is the amount just before causing loose stools, taking more can cause a flush occasionally and wipe out bad bacteria in the gut. You take 3-5 grams every 15 minutes until you get loose stools. I recommend any brand ascorbic acid powder. Detox may be experienced. Vitamin C does not just heal the gut it detoxes the body of all toxins, chelates heavy metals, draws out parasites, and balances hormones. This group does not allow posts that bash ascorbic acid, this synthetic vitamin is what we recommend in high doses because it is the safest. Even safer than water. If you are worried about it not being natural please visit here: http://vitamincfoundation.org/NaturalC.htm
Here is Cathcarts method for titrating vitamin c.
http://vitamincfoundation.org/www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm
We are not medical doctors. This information is based on research and used at your own discretion.

Yeah I definitely don't reach BT at this dose but I wasn't really trying to yet

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:30 am

Hey guys. A little lost with all this info Smile

Anyways, I am currently taking 6-10 grams daily of "mega bio-c" (blue bonnet brand), which is in the form of calcium ascorbate.

This is in response to reading a story about a guy that helped cure his inguinal hernia by doing this. I currently have 2 small inguinal hernias which I want to try to heal naturally, therefore am trying what worked for him.

Question is: is this safe? if so, is it safe longish term? (2 years or so.., preparing for long haul) Will my body systems end up in an imbalance from this in anyway?

Looking for feedback from those knowledgeable on C supplementation.

Thanks!

sizzlinghairs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:38 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:Hey guys. A little lost with all this info Smile

Anyways, I am currently taking 6-10 grams daily of "mega bio-c" (blue bonnet brand), which is in the form of calcium ascorbate.

This is in response to reading a story about a guy that helped cure his inguinal hernia by doing this. I currently have 2 small inguinal hernias which I want to try to heal naturally, therefore am trying what worked for him.

Question is: is this safe? if so, is it safe longish term? (2 years or so.., preparing for long haul) Will my body systems end up in an imbalance from this in anyway?

Looking for feedback from those knowledgeable on C supplementation.

Thanks!

Posted your q at my Facebook group, Vitamin C For Optimal Health, someone replied:

You get around 100 mgs of calcium with each gram of calcium ascorbate so 10 grams gives 1000 mg so thats quite a bit. We usually recommend sodium ascorbate if you want a buffered kind or straight Ascorbic acid.
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs on Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:12 pm

Thanks for posting delphine.

Is 8-10 grams of sodium ascorbate safe though (too much sodium)? And is 8-10 grams regular ascorbic acid too much acidity?

I was also mainly wondering about those doses I mentioned in reference to the C itself causing imbalances among other nutrients in the body.. Is this a possibility/concern?

sizzlinghairs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:37 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:Thanks for posting delphine.

Is 8-10 grams of sodium ascorbate safe though (too much sodium)? And is 8-10 grams regular ascorbic acid too much acidity?

I was also mainly wondering about those doses I mentioned in reference to the C itself causing imbalances among other nutrients in the body.. Is this a possibility/concern?

If you are concerned about the sodium, go with ascorbic acid. It actually has an alkalizing effect, like lemon juice. Safer than water.

If you take enough, you will get detox symptoms, though. This is to be expected. Someone posted at the Facebook C forum, in response to someone experiencing detox:

Detoxing and healing takes a really really long time. Think of all the years it took your body to be in the condition it is in. If you feel better stopping vitamin c it is because you have taken away what is causing detox. We cannot get 100% well without detoxing. Try the lower doses and see if that makes a difference. But I'm pretty sure your detoxing and its just something you'll have to get through. I didn't completely feel 100% till about 1.5 years on vitamin c. I had bloating and gas, anxiety, headaches, etc that long. I almost stopped the vitamin c many times. I'm so glad I did not because I have zero symptoms now.
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:05 am

johndoe1225 wrote:Oh by the way I've been meaning to ask;

I always read that you should take vitamin C to treat things like adrenal fatigue and stress etc. in doses spaced "evenly throughout the day", but I never saw anything more specific than that, so does anyone know at what intervals it's best to take it at?

For example, right now I'm taking 2g of vitamin C a day, so how often should I take my 500 mg dose?  

And how often should I take it when I increase the dosage, for example, if I end up taking 4g a day, should I take it at the same intervals as 2g a day but instead of taking 500g 8 times a day, I just take 1g 4 times a day?

Thanks

Vitamin C (in men), should be taken away from food that contains any iron. Also it's best to avoid taking it before or after exercise. When ill, taking 2 grams every 6 minutes until symptoms go away.

For detoxification purposes there are different tolerance levels. Personally, I aim for 2 grams at night (in men this will boost your lifespan by about 5 to 6 years). 

During times of stress (the glands such as the adrenals will benefit from more C.

Vitamin C helps catalyze various reactions and allows other processes to work better. For general purposes I prefer to take all at once. So, it is generally wise, particularly for men to not space vitamin C, but instead to take it in a large dose (unless acutely ill as specified above).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top