FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C: What's the Real Story?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C: What's the Real Story?

Post  Beebrox on Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:40 am

My personal observations regarding Vitamin C dosages are such that, there is build up tolerance. Once 2 grams are absorbed well, another 3 will be easier to tolerate, and you can go up towards the megadoses with no IV or LipoC required....

Beebrox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:10 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:Oh by the way I've been meaning to ask;

I always read that you should take vitamin C to treat things like adrenal fatigue and stress etc. in doses spaced "evenly throughout the day", but I never saw anything more specific than that, so does anyone know at what intervals it's best to take it at?

For example, right now I'm taking 2g of vitamin C a day, so how often should I take my 500 mg dose?  

And how often should I take it when I increase the dosage, for example, if I end up taking 4g a day, should I take it at the same intervals as 2g a day but instead of taking 500g 8 times a day, I just take 1g 4 times a day?

Thanks

Vitamin C (in men), should be taken away from food that contains any iron. Also it's best to avoid taking it before or after exercise. When ill, taking 2 grams every 6 minutes until symptoms go away.

For detoxification purposes there are different tolerance levels. Personally, I aim for 2 grams at night (in men this will boost your lifespan by about 5 to 6 years). 

During times of stress (the glands such as the adrenals will benefit from more C.

Vitamin C helps catalyze various reactions and allows other processes to work better. For general purposes I prefer to take all at once. So, it is generally wise, particularly for men to not space vitamin C, but instead to take it in a large dose (unless acutely ill as specified above).

Huh, I've heard people recommend to take it post workout to deal with oxidative stress (I think) caused by exercise

Vitamin C is so interesting Very Happy

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:12 am

Well,   I got me 2 pounds of ascorbic acid powder and I will be taking it until it comes out my rear end.   Shocked
 Doing it mostly because I always wanted to do a heavy metals chelation and this seems like the way with the most benefits.

"The problem is that so-called heavy metals are toxic to human in even small amounts. These include mercury, arsenic, lead, cadmium, and even excess copper. (I worked with several schizophrenic persons with excess copper chelating it out successfully in my former practice.)

Since I was not an MD, I couldn’t prescribe EDTA or other chelators. So, I learned that vitamin C works just as well as any chelator. It also has several advantages over the commercial chelation therapies as well. First, the cost is much lower. Next, you have much better overall health while getting the problem solved, even if it takes a year or two. Last, and certainly not least, there is no danger whatsoever. "
http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/Vitamin_C_-_The_Overlooked_Miracle_Drug.html

The article is very good and continues on about how the body uses hair and nails to eliminate and store minerals and toxic metals. I could suppose that some people have hair problems related to heavy metal deposits in follicles. Perhaps inflammation is reactive in the MPB area because the blood in that area is closely shared with the brain that is actively protected from heavy metals.
 Chelation also strips calcification from the arteries. Vitamin C also keeps the skin elastic and prevents bruising. This is important for my hard pressure massage treatment. As I said previously, I suspect that my 13 day mostly citrus colon cleanse jump stated my very fast regrowth. With the next set of pictures I am going to start an independent thread and renaming to DT-CPR for the extreme pressure method that is gradually regrowing my entire original hair area in weeks.
 And yes thanks to Delphine, I understand that citrus juice is tiny amounts, so I look forward to what copious amounts will do.

A few more good links, one is a forum about this kind of cleansing, and I think it talks about corn dextrose in ascorbic acid making people allergic or sore stomach. The other link I guess has been posted before.

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9957
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15917185

Last edited by cdto2012 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:35 am

I do have a question for the experts. It is about gray hair - normally understood as a sign of oxidative stress; and how this relates to hair loss and vitamin C. Basically I would guess that if the hair is not turning gray, it is a sign that their are enough antioxidants (like vitamin C ) to protect the follicle.
 I ask because my brother that is 2 years younger had his MPB start before mine. His hair and beard were not very gray for many years into the shed. My hair has shown signs of gray since mid 20's .
  So I suppose the gray could be from a copper deficiency or that my immune system is attacking my hairs via peroxizome activity , basically bleaching the hair gray.
 So the question is, have you seen gray hair darken from vitamin C treatment ? Second, and perhaps this has been answered ( I did read the whole thread),  is there specific ways that vitamin C helps hair loss or is it mostly a holistic skin improvement ?  I would guess that the cleansing really helps the liver and other hormonal glands with HGH and other aspects.  Thanks

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:44 am

cdto2012 wrote:I do have a question for the experts. It is about gray hair - normally understood as a sign of oxidative stress; and how this relates to hair loss and vitamin C. Basically I would guess that if the hair is not turning gray, it is a sign that their are enough antioxidants (like vitamin C ) to protect the follicle.
 I ask because my brother that is 2 years younger had his MPB start before mine. His hair and beard were not very gray for many years into the shed. My hair has shown signs of gray since mid 20's .
  So I suppose the gray could be from a copper deficiency or that my immune system is attacking my hairs via peroxizome activity , basically bleaching the hair gray.
 So the question is, have you seen gray hair darken from vitamin C treatment ? Second, and perhaps this has been answered ( I did read the whole thread),  is there specific ways that vitamin C helps hair loss or is it mostly a holistic skin improvement ?  I would guess that the cleansing really helps the liver and other hormonal glands with HGH and other aspects.  Thanks

It would take a while to answer this in depth..Regarding vitamin C (it can reduce the copper if this is the reason for it, but it's not always). Another reason can be thyroid, or excessive iron or anything that produces excessive hydroxyl radicals.

So to shorten it a bit definitely give this a read.

http://longevitypost.com/reversing-the-gray-away-naturally/

Vitamin C catalyzes different reactions...it's generally good, yet sometimes extra copper is necessary if low.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:03 am

I routinely take a zinc/copper supplement as I've read they ought to be taken together. I also take blackstrap molasses which has a good amount of copper
along with other minerals including magnesium which is supposed to be crucial for reversing gray. Some report recoloring of hair with it. With all its benefits,
I doubt C by itself would do the job.

Good article CS...this has good info, too:
http://www.healthyanswers.com/healthy-aging/hair/2012/05/gray-hair-not-a-sign-of-old-age-rather-a-sign-of-deficiencies/
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:10 am

This is a cool exchange on C at curezone, between one who is doubtful of the benefits, and another who has been taking extra high
doses for decades with much benefit. Very instructive Smile
http://www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=2143447&s=2#i21
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:04 pm

Thanks guys,  I read your links and pretty much understand now the basics. Fortunately free radical biochemistry is of particular interest to me (experimented with ozone and peroxide therapies).
  I also was introduced to a person treating and testing 12 years ago with the Reams PH system. I mention it because it is very similar in it's approach of measuring body PH, food PH, urine dead cell count, and is a refined system for body ion healing.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=reams+biological+ph&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=nalfVsPRFsG0UOrUhPAK

I found an interesting read about how the body produces the peroxide to kill bacteria and viral infection. Then the body is to reduce the peroxide levels after successful removal of the infection. I wonder if some areas of hair turn gray due to a depleted skin state and constant mite or bacterial invasion. Of course the peroxide would further free radical damage the skin cells.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080102134129.htm

Tocotrienols were mentioned as a way to stimulate catalyst  to break down peroxide, they sound like an excellent and often neglected form of vitamin E.

http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2014/8/the-little-known-benefits-of-tocotrienols/page-01

I will also add the mentioned minerals and some form of calcium replacement.

It is interesting that the forum link about life with high vit C turned into a conversation about creationism.  The more you know about the biological precision and super intelligent chemistry happening in even stupid people, intelligent design is kind of obvious.
   Like they say, evolution is like having an explosion in a junk yard and expecting a stealth super fighter  that flies it's self to emerge from the chaos.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:55 am

Speaking of tocotrienols, this post at Mark's Daily Apple is interesting:

I read about tocotreinols regrowing hair on another site. They are abundant in red palm oil and it is used to supplement parrot’s diets to help them keep and restore feathers.
I use a derivative called Toco Sorb from red palm oil and I believe it has filled in a balding patch on my head . I know that Mark has tocotreinols in his Damage Control Master Formula as well.

Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/palm-oil-nutrition/#ixzz3tlTbtL5a
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:15 pm

Great interview with Andrew Saul on vitamin C.
His kids have never had one antibiotic, just C!

Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:27 pm

I have been traveling a lot, but did get in a few days to try my ascorbic acid powder, and reach bowel tolerance level. I was not prepared enough to measure how many thousands of milligrams I took. I do really like the treatment and I think it gives me a lot of energy and calms my nerves. A few more pounds of vit C to go, as I get time to focus on it in the future. I am on planes and busses often and I think megdose of vit C has kept me from getting sick when I felt like sickness might come on.
I will say the taste is better if I mixed it in a berry juice.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:44 pm

cdto2012 wrote:I have been traveling a lot, but did get in a few days to try my ascorbic acid powder, and reach bowel tolerance level. I was not prepared enough to measure how many thousands of milligrams I took.  I do really like the treatment and I think it gives me a lot of energy and calms my nerves. A few more pounds of vit C to go, as I get time to focus on it in the future.  I am on planes and busses often and I think megdose of vit C has kept me from getting sick when I felt like sickness might come on.

Glad you are getting into it! Yes of course it tastes better in juice, but if you will be megadosing, be mindful of the fructose intake.

You can also take it in pill form, of course!
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Beebrox on Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:50 pm

cdto2012 wrote:I have been traveling a lot, but did get in a few days to try my ascorbic acid powder, and reach bowel tolerance level. I was not prepared enough to measure how many thousands of milligrams I took.  I do really like the treatment and I think it gives me a lot of energy and calms my nerves. A few more pounds of vit C to go, as I get time to focus on it in the future.  I am on planes and busses often and I think megdose of vit C has kept me from getting sick when I felt like sickness might come on.

It definitely helps. I was for 5 days with a sick person in moldy house, in a business trip that involved also ''party'' and lack of sleep beside huge mental and physical exhaustion. Protocol for sickness guaranty. It was vitamin C that kept me separated in symptoms and other outputs - from ones with no access to it.

I prefer taking it on empty stomach with plenty of water. Sometimes i do add some msm or orange juice, but usually whatever needs to be digested, i am better off while supplementing higher dose of vitamin C. Else or your fart can smell funny. With this in mind, i am able to put many g of vitamin C into my system without experiencing diarrhea. If in stress or not, bowel tolerance is improved when plenty vitamin C is already in the system. That said, starting slow is preferred until the gates are opened and body go in the mode of using it. It's important to build dosage gradually and lower it also. Rebound scurvy is what can be experienced if you suddenly stop...

For people having serious infections going one it's first aid to use megadose and then rebalance the system using probiotics and minerals. I prefer to supplement zinc, copper, magnesium, selenium, iodine and salt along with vitamin C, since usually skipping meals when on higher dosage. Mild teas are

Especially when being too civilized with sick people around it's good to have some Vit C at hand. There is a book from 2014 called New Insights on Vitamin C and Cancer, which deals with usefulness of megadoses of guess what benefit. However it's not cure for everybody. Sadly, when P450 expressions are long gone in favor of sickness, nothing seem to be helping, including ozone, glutathione, sauna therapy or something else.

Beebrox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:53 pm

Beebrox wrote:
Especially when being too civilized with sick people around it's good to have some Vit C at hand. There is a book from 2014 called New Insights on Vitamin C and Cancer, which deals with usefulness of megadoses of guess what benefit. However it's not cure for everybody. Sadly, when P450 expressions are long gone in favor of sickness, nothing seem to be helping, including ozone, glutathione, sauna therapy or something else.

I guess you mean cytochrome P450...desiccated liver is a good source, another super healing substance.

People have been brought back from the brink of death with IV vitamin C. This is a well-known case:

Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seuxin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:17 am

Hello,

And what about Vitamin-C and crohn's dissease ? Can it help ? What is megadose ? How may g/day ?

Thanks Smile

Seuxin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:58 am

Seuxin wrote:Hello,

And what about Vitamin-C and crohn's dissease ? Can it help ? What is megadose ? How may g/day ?

Thanks Smile

With ANY health issue, you take it to bowel tolerance, until you get loose stools.  That's when your body is saturated with C.
So I can't tell you how many grams.  Your body will tell you Very Happy  The first time I dosed to bowel tolerance I went to 65 grams!

Dr.'s Hickey and Roberts wrote of the, "...successful treatment with C of diseases ranging from CROHN'S disease to AIDS..."

and

Mike Ciell, R.Ph. [a pharmacist] wrote, "When a person develops a chronic condition (which adds stress to the body and further depletes already inadequate ascorbate stores), many tell-tale symptoms of scurvy often appear. The correct diagnosis is typically missed and scurvy sequelae are instead called symptoms of some chronic disease (i.e., poor wound healing in diabetics, hemorrhages in diseases like CROHN'S and ulcerative colitis, etc.)."

More quotes:

"There are more than ten thousand scientific papers that make it quite clear that there is NOT ONE body process (such as what goes on inside cells or tissues) and NOT ONE disease or syndrome (from the common cold to leprosy) that is not influenced - directly or indirectly - by vitamin C." -- Dr. Emanuel Cheraskin, M.D., Dr. Marshall Ringsdorf, D.M.D., and Dr. Emily Sisley, THE VITAMIN C CONNECTION.

"The evidence unequivocally shows that mega-gram doses of vitamin C can prevent and cure a vast list of conditions that plague mankind. It is both inexpensive and completely safe. My conclusion: vitamin C is THE 'Primal Panacea.'" -- Dr. Thomas E. Levy, M.D.
[A definition of "primal" is: Of first importance. A definition of "panacea" is: A cure-all.]

“I have NEVER seen a patient that Vitamin C would not benefit.” -- Dr. Frederick Klenner, M.D.

So I would advise taking as many grams as you feel comfortable taking every hour until... Smile

Also, check out this site:
http://juicing4crohns.com/
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jkj86 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:29 am

CS, do you believe that Vitamin C could heal aneurysms? Dr. Sydney Bush says that they can be reversed and surgery can be avoided through simply taking Vitamin C in moderate-high doses throughout the day over a long period of time. It seems like a combination of Vitamin C, Copper, Lysine, Proline, etc. along with blood pressure reduction could heal them naturally in theory.

jkj86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:24 am

jkj86 wrote:CS, do you believe that Vitamin C could heal aneurysms? Dr. Sydney Bush says that they can be reversed and surgery can be avoided through simply taking Vitamin C in moderate-high doses throughout the day over a long period of time. It seems like a combination of Vitamin C, Copper, Lysine, Proline, etc. along with blood pressure reduction could heal them naturally in theory.

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/bush/

“Mega-dose vitamin C has been misunderstood, says Dr. Bush. With the revelation that vitamin C has a half-life of about 30-minutes in the human body, a fact recently documented by two other British researchers, Drs. Steve Hickey and Hilary Roberts of Manchester, emphasize the need to take repeated doses of vitamin C throughout the day to maintain blood concentrations. Hickey and Roberts book, Ascorbate: The Science of Vitamin C
( http://www.lulu.com/ascorbate ), reveals vitamin C concentrations can reach many times greater concentration than previously thought possible, a fact now confirmed by National Institutes of Health researchers themselves in independent studies. A more recent study, just published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, an analysis of nine previous studies, further confirms vitamin C supplement users, those who consume more than 700 milligrams per day, have a 30% reduced risk for coronary heart disease compared to non-supplement users. A report in 1992 mistakenly claimed that more than 200 milligrams of daily vitamin C is worthless because excesses are excreted in the urine. That errant report has likely resulted in the otherwise avoidable loss of millions of lives.
Dr. Bush began utilizing advanced retinal photographic technology in 1998. He claims every human being has a degree of scurvy, if not a frank deficiency of vitamin C. Animals produce their own vitamin C and don’t –at least until life’s end –seem to develop age-related arterial disease as do humans, Dr. Bush notes. Small aneurysms, bulging areas that indicate weak artery walls, can also be reversed with vitamin C. This suggests many thousands of cases of brain or aortic aneurysms can possibly be remedied with supplemental vitamin C. After a time Dr. Bush judged that over 90% of patients with arterial disease can be improved with 3000 milligrams of vitamin C per day, but some need over 10,000mgs/day supplemented with extra vitamin E. Even hard calcifications could be remedied over a two-year period of vitamin C supplementation. Dr. Bush says he can even visualize a fine white line, a silver wire appearance, that runs down almost every artery of adults who have high cholesterol. The silver line disappears with vitamin C therapy.”
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindyone on Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:56 pm

"Even if this molecule comes from GMOs, which I disapprove of, it is still molecularly OK. You cannot genetically modify carbon, hydrogen, or oxygen atoms." That's true the basic chemicals from GMOs or synthesis chemistry won't pose any different in function.

Mindyone

View user profile http://www.bocsci.com/Custom-Synthesis.html

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:42 pm

Now that I am back home I have resumed my vitamin C dosing. I have to get more exact soon, but I use about 1/2 tablespoon. It has an immediate and dramatic effect. It stops early cold symptoms, gives me energy, and is something that my body craves to have again. I really went from feeling run down like I might get sick, and my eyes a bit red from the attack, to feeling just fine and healthy in a few hours after taking a dose of the C.
I shared some of the powder with a friend who has panic attacks and had a bit of a cold. In a day he said he felt so very much better and wants to get a supply for himself.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:03 pm

cdto2012 wrote:Now that I am back home I have resumed my vitamin C dosing. I have to get more exact soon, but I use about 1/2 tablespoon. It has an immediate and dramatic effect.  It stops early cold symptoms,  gives me energy, and is something that my body craves to have again.  I really went from feeling run down like I might get sick, and my eyes a bit red from the attack,  to feeling just fine and healthy in a few hours after taking a dose of the C.
 I shared some of the powder with a friend who has panic attacks and had a bit of a cold.  In a day he said he felt so very much better and wants to get a supply for himself.

YES! This stuff works. cheers cheers
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:53 am

It seems that more of my friends are getting interested in vitamin C . I read when researching it that many people still suffer from mild scurvy - or not enough vitamin C .   The following link talks some about the symptoms such as gum and eye problems.  It also mentions that lack of C can cause blood flow problems that can cause the hair to fall out. They show pictures of extreme cases, but as an active head massager and presser, I want to insure that I have enough Vit C to heal the skin, capillaries, and collagen properly.  Also deficiency can cause Iron deficiency also.

Since taking around 1/2 tablespoon daily my tongue is a healthy pink,  eyes whiter,  immunity super strong, and my hair is regrowing.

http://www.dermnetnz.org/systemic/scurvy.html

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:51 am

I myself was taking what I thought were high amounts of C for many years, 5 grams or so daily, and yet it wasn't enough. We are subjected to inflammation and general stress from
many sources, and our need for C increases accordingly.

I've concluded sodium ascorbate is the best form so that is what I'm taking now. We don't have to worry about the acid on our teeth, and according to this guy, it's way more effective.
I make it just as he describes here.
http://www.fixyourteeth.org/Gerard-Judd/vitamin-c.htm

It's good for what ails our pets, too!
http://www.thepowerhour.com/news2/vitaminc_pets.htm
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore on Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Lately I have found out that ascorbic acid is not real Vitamin C and to get the real benefits for vitamin C we need to get it from a wholefood supplement. Is this true?

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:41 pm

I am not really agreeing with the guys low estimation of ascorbic acid. Of course in food based  mineral and vitamin compounds you see more developed crystals and electolytic potential - they are a compound - not an isolate. 

For all forms of vitamin C your body ends up using the ascorbate as the active compound.  Ascorbic acid can be extracted from any whole foods containing it,  not just corn;  so it is a naturally occurring form.

The problem with whole foods and real vitamin C treatments in the 10,000 mg ++ range is the amount. A cup of orange juice has about 124 mg.  So 10 cups only is 1240 mg,   not much at all.

Ascorbic acid is fully active and regenerative for me.  I will buffer it with baking soda or calcium supplements if I do not want the acid or chelating  effects.  I always take minerals later in the day.

https://smartypantsvitamins.com/vitamin-c-natural-vs-synthetic/

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top