Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  sanderson on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:44 am

lamka wrote:I am sorry I have copied more than I wanted. The quote about aromatase has nothing to do with this thread.

its ok.. good info. theres no way im going to start smoking due to my grandmother having emphysema and suffering terribly in her later years.. but i wonder if there are other things... whether activities or food or something that have similar effects, have you run across that anywhere?
avatar
sanderson

Posts : 1198
Join date : 2012-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  sanderson on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:29 am

it is really quite amazing how the itch completely disappears after 3 or 4 days of nofap... really truly incredible. i mean, what is going on?
avatar
sanderson

Posts : 1198
Join date : 2012-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  sanderson on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:44 am

Watching pornographic film clips increases the concentration of the anabolic hormone testosterone in the body and lowers the level of the catabolic hormone cortisol. Post-adolescent workers at Ergo-log.com read about this in an eighteen-year-old study, in which Scottish endocrinologists got eight male students to watch pornographic videos for twenty minutes. The researchers measured the concentration of hormones in the students' blood for six hours afterwards.



The effect of the porn on the testosterone level is shown below. The line with the black dots represents the test subjects who watched a non-pornographic video.



Although the testosterone level rose after watching porn, the effect is not quite statistically significant. What was significant was the difference between the cortisol level of the men who had watched porn and the cortisol level in the men who had watched less suggestive videos.



The cortisol level goes down after watching pornographic images. The mechanism, the researchers suspect, may be connected to prolactin and dopamine. Watching porn made the prolactin level go down.




Testosterone
The body makes less prolactin if the dopamine level is high. And under those conditions the production of testosterone increases.

Hmm... Watch porn and then, while the testosterone is peaking and the cortisol is at a low, go and train. Would that speed up your progress?

Some sports scientists think that strength and endurance athletes perform better if they take their daily hormonal fluctuations into account. Later in the day there tend to be relatively less catabolic and more anabolic hormones in the body. That would be a reason for training early in the evening. Other factors that can contribute to a raised testosterone level include a healthy lifestyle, enough sleep and a diet that contains enough fats. Olive oil seems to be the best source of fat for increasing the manufacture of testosterone.

http://www.ergo-log.com/anabolicporn.html
avatar
sanderson

Posts : 1198
Join date : 2012-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  sanderson on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:47 am

It seems to me... during initial porn use.. the itch is not there... it's the after effect. the above would suggest pro hair benefits. i believe this is right. i will notice if i watch porn.. i will feel immediately better, more clarity, itch will disapear.. however.. after a certain amount of time of repeating it.. the itch will return. i think the levels are jumping back up or there is some kind of good with it, but then it jumps back up after
avatar
sanderson

Posts : 1198
Join date : 2012-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  johndoe1225 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:23 am

Day 5 of nofap and...Well the urge has slightly diminished so that makes it easier. †I'm definitely going to try for 2 weeks at a bare minimum (probably more since after that it should be easier).

I wonder, is it better to try to avoid even THINKING about...Suggestive...Things, in addition to nofap?

johndoe1225

Posts : 978
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  irfoc on Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:00 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:Day 5 of nofap and...Well the urge has slightly diminished so that makes it easier. †I'm definitely going to try for 2 weeks at a bare minimum (probably more since after that it should be easier).

I wonder, is it better to try to avoid even THINKING about...Suggestive...Things, in addition to nofap?

It's better, because it's easier to continue nofap. And it clears your mind in some way.

irfoc

Posts : 44
Join date : 2014-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:49 am

irfoc wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:Day 5 of nofap and...Well the urge has slightly diminished so that makes it easier. †I'm definitely going to try for 2 weeks at a bare minimum (probably more since after that it should be easier).

I wonder, is it better to try to avoid even THINKING about...Suggestive...Things, in addition to nofap?

It's better, because it's easier to continue nofap. And it clears your mind in some way.

That's certainly true, but I was wondering more if the mere act of having sexual thoughts or getting aroused was enough to...Not mess up nofap, but maybe dimish it? †Even if very slightly

PS: 1 week! cheers

johndoe1225

Posts : 978
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  gorilla_power on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:43 pm

irfoc wrote:
gorilla_power wrote:Absatining from fapping is definitely beneficial .Havedone for 10 months like and then i ws masturbating once in 40 or 60 days.

Oh, so you're masturbating during that time... Why?
Has anyone in this topic tried "hard mode" for more than 100 days?

Nope, i did no masturbation for 10 months straight.
The quality of hair is much better.
I believe now i have kicked away this habit cause i realised it is a stimulant to my adrenals.
See yourself in the long run and dont hurry up counting days.I did it also in the begining
but what matters from my point of view is to have an understanding of whats going with your body.

Then it is a simple matter of CHOICE between masturbating or no.

gorilla_power

Posts : 119
Join date : 2014-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  Xenon on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:45 pm

sanderson wrote:it is really quite amazing how the itch completely disappears after 3 or 4 days of nofap... really truly incredible. i mean, what is going on?

This itch issue you and others speak of is interesting, as I only, personally, experience inflammation. So I've been checking the net out and I came across an itchy skin condition called 'formication'. Apparently it is related to fluctuations in sex hormone levels. Perhaps related to excess fap.

Here's something else I found - a member on steroid.com says he was prescribed testosterone supps by his doctor and the following happened:

"Hey guys

Just to give you some background information on me. Iím a 20 year old male and I have been taking testosterone in injection form for 2 years. The reason for this is because I do not produce enough of my own testosterone so I am proscribed these steroids by doctors.

Since taking testosterone I have developed some major issues with it. My body seems to nearly always constantly be warm. I could walk around in the snow in just a t-shirt and still be warm. Whenever I get slightly warm I break out in what looks like a heat rash and my skin becomes extremely itchy and stings all over my upper body. Also my skin can turn red when I break out. This lasts untill i cool my body down and then it goes away.

The doctors have no idea why this is happening to me. My liver and thyroid is normal and all other blood tests have been normal.

I have no option but to take these hormones because otherwise I cannot function sexually and feel emotionally numb.

Iíll be honest here, I am so depressed and sick of being constantly itchy and always over heating that I often think of taking my life. This is stopping me from living a normal life and I canít do anything active for fear that I will break out.

I have been on most testosterone types such as enanthate , Sustanon , testosterone patches and testosterone pills.

But so far none of them have solved the problem.

Please can someone here advice me?"


^^That's pretty interesting because I noticed that when I fapped in the past, my scalp would overheat like crazy, yet, for me, no itch - just inflammation.

He goes on to say:

"It is related to the hormones as when I stop taking them my body returns back to normal after two weeks, but stopping the steroids long-term isnít an option because I need the testosterone for functioning emotionally, sexually and having energy/drive and of course to maintain healthy bones.

When I stay still like sitting in bed, then I donít break out, itís only when I am moving like walking etc that I break out, or if I become suddenly hot. It seems like when I move my body is producing far too much heat and I end up breaking out in itchy hives all over my upper body.

Does anyone know why steroids make the body warmer then usual?

I feel quite depressed because I have been dealing with this for two years now and I am unable to work or go outside that much. I tend to just stay in my room with the fan on to keep cool. So as you can imagine my life isnít so great right now because of this. I donít want to feel sorry for myself, I know others have it far worse then I do, but I am loosing the ability to see the point in carrying on because Iím not really living anyway like this.

The doctors just tell me they don't know why and all they give me is antihistamines, which only help about 20% with the itching but not the over heating."


Sorry for long post, but here's the link with some interesting replies:

http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/329326-serious-testosterone-problems-itching-over-heating.html
avatar
Xenon

Posts : 1523
Join date : 2012-05-03
Location : Alpha Draconis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  gorilla_power on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:55 pm

Testosterone is an acid hormone like estrogen.
Acid hormones in an already acidic enviroment will cause extreme warmth
due to friction as acids are corossive to tissues.
Its simple observable chemistry.

gorilla_power

Posts : 119
Join date : 2014-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  Billa on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:36 pm

1 week in no fap, going for 2nd week now.
wish me luck...

Billa

Posts : 21
Join date : 2014-10-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  sanderson on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi,

I'm 22 yo medical student from Helsinki, Finland. I have done some extensive research to determine if there is some mechanism through wich abstinence could have an impact to things many of you have reported such as deeper voice, increased growth of beard, more muscularity etc. I have found a possible explanation to those and I can quarantee it's not all about placebo! I'll try to speak plain and simple language.

Most of the physical benefits seem to be such things that are greatly affected by testosterone. Anyway, you all know the famous study wich proposed that plasma testosterone levels spike around day 7 of abstinence. Then you also know that testosterone levels tend to crash back to normal on days 8-10. Then why does the physical benefits really come after much longer abstinence?

Testosterone molecule is totally inactive in the bloodstream. It's only a messager wich in most cells activates synthesis of certain proteins (hormones, enzymes, muscle proteins etc.). The message is carried on only if the testosterone hormone binds to its receptor (androgen receptor, located in the nucleus).

For those interested in medicine: the binding of ligand (now lipid soluble steroid hormone) to its receptor (now androgen receptor) is much more random than you might think. It's not like ligand and receptor couple everytime they happen to be nearby. The possibility for coupling can be calculated and is called the receptors affinity for ligand.

Now I want you to understand that the effect that testosterone has depends from the amount and activity of androgen receptors as well as from the amount of testosterone in bloodstream. So how do we increase the quantity of androgen receptors? -By abstinence, it seems. You all know the theory about our dopamine receptors and what PMO does to them. There is evidence that suggests that the changes in hormones and neurotransmitters caused by orgasm or ejaculation decreases the amount and activity of androgen receptors. Here's my theory from biochemical and medical stanpoint...

Days 1-5 testosterone levels steadily increase...

Days 6-7 testosterone levels spike radically. Because of abstinence and higher testosterone levels (positive feedback regulation of androgen receptors) quantity and activity of androgen receptors increases.

Days 8-10 testosterone levels crash back to normal, because plasma free testosterone is bound to increased amount of androgen receptors. This is where it gets truly interesting! Next chapter is a bit filled with medical terminology so bare with me...

Here's what should happen next, if my thinking and medicine textbooks are correct: because testosterone is lowered to the "baseline", negative feedback-loop kicks in. Plasma testosterone levels are regulated by HPA-axis and many negative feedback-loops. Now that testosterone levels are lowered, hypothalamus (endocrine gland and part of anatomyous nervous system) produces more gonadotrophin releasing hormone. That stimulates the pituitary gland to produce more luthenizing hormone (LH) wich is the major regulator of testosterone synthesis in the Leydig cells of testicles. LH greatly accelerates the rate-limiting reaction of the reaction-chain that synthetizes testosterone by speeding up the transport of cholesterol derivate to right cell compartment. The cholesterol derivate is used to make pro-hormone pregnenolone. That's the first major reaction of testosterone biosynthesis.

In plain language this means that if abstinence continues testosterone levels will rise again well over the baseline and the same cycle begins all over again. So your testosterone levels and most importantly your androgen receptors will increase more and more by every cycle. That would explain the flatlines and highs that you experience when on longer "streaks", bottom line being that all the time the impact that testosterone has on you will magnify.

Some benefits like better skin can be result from zinc that you save by not ejaculating frequently. It's a fact that the zinc concentration of seminal fluid is relatively highest of all human tissue. It's a fact too that human body does recycle sperm cells and seminal fluid at least to some extent.

Thank you for reading! Don't mind possible grammatic mistakes, english is not my first language...

Please share your thoughts!

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/comments/3bqoei/the_physiological_benefits_of_nofap_actually_have/
avatar
sanderson

Posts : 1198
Join date : 2012-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  johndoe1225 on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:16 pm

sanderson wrote:Hi,

I'm 22 yo medical student from Helsinki, Finland. I have done some extensive research to determine if there is some mechanism through wich abstinence could have an impact to things many of you have reported such as deeper voice, increased growth of beard, more muscularity etc. I have found a possible explanation to those and I can quarantee it's not all about placebo! I'll try to speak plain and simple language.

Most of the physical benefits seem to be such things that are greatly affected by testosterone. Anyway, you all know the famous study wich proposed that plasma testosterone levels spike around day 7 of abstinence. Then you also know that testosterone levels tend to crash back to normal on days 8-10. Then why does the physical benefits really come after much longer abstinence?

Testosterone molecule is totally inactive in the bloodstream. It's only a messager wich in most cells activates synthesis of certain proteins (hormones, enzymes, muscle proteins etc.). The message is carried on only if the testosterone hormone binds to its receptor (androgen receptor, located in the nucleus).

For those interested in medicine: the binding of ligand (now lipid soluble steroid hormone) to its receptor (now androgen receptor) is much more random than you might think. It's not like ligand and receptor couple everytime they happen to be nearby. The possibility for coupling can be calculated and is called the receptors affinity for ligand.

Now I want you to understand that the effect that testosterone has depends from the amount and activity of androgen receptors as well as from the amount of testosterone in bloodstream. So how do we increase the quantity of androgen receptors? -By abstinence, it seems. You all know the theory about our dopamine receptors and what PMO does to them. There is evidence that suggests that the changes in hormones and neurotransmitters caused by orgasm or ejaculation decreases the amount and activity of androgen receptors. Here's my theory from biochemical and medical stanpoint...

Days 1-5 testosterone levels steadily increase...

Days 6-7 testosterone levels spike radically. Because of abstinence and higher testosterone levels (positive feedback regulation of androgen receptors) quantity and activity of androgen receptors increases.

Days 8-10 testosterone levels crash back to normal, because plasma free testosterone is bound to increased amount of androgen receptors. This is where it gets truly interesting! Next chapter is a bit filled with medical terminology so bare with me...

Here's what should happen next, if my thinking and medicine textbooks are correct: because testosterone is lowered to the "baseline", negative feedback-loop kicks in. Plasma testosterone levels are regulated by HPA-axis and many negative feedback-loops. Now that testosterone levels are lowered, hypothalamus (endocrine gland and part of anatomyous nervous system) produces more gonadotrophin releasing hormone. That stimulates the pituitary gland to produce more luthenizing hormone (LH) wich is the major regulator of testosterone synthesis in the Leydig cells of testicles. LH greatly accelerates the rate-limiting reaction of the reaction-chain that synthetizes testosterone by speeding up the transport of cholesterol derivate to right cell compartment. The cholesterol derivate is used to make pro-hormone pregnenolone. That's the first major reaction of testosterone biosynthesis.

In plain language this means that if abstinence continues testosterone levels will rise again well over the baseline and the same cycle begins all over again. So your testosterone levels and most importantly your androgen receptors will increase more and more by every cycle. That would explain the flatlines and highs that you experience when on longer "streaks", bottom line being that all the time the impact that testosterone has on you will magnify.

Some benefits like better skin can be result from zinc that you save by not ejaculating frequently. It's a fact that the zinc concentration of seminal fluid is relatively highest of all human tissue. It's a fact too that human body does recycle sperm cells and seminal fluid at least to some extent.

Thank you for reading! Don't mind possible grammatic mistakes, english is not my first language...

Please share your thoughts!

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/comments/3bqoei/the_physiological_benefits_of_nofap_actually_have/

Thanks, that's pretty interesting! Unfortunately I broke on day 8 today, but I made it over a week, so that's a great start!

Sometimes it's unbelievably difficult to abstain, but I think that as I grow more and more convinced of its negative impact on hair, it will become easier Very Happy

johndoe1225

Posts : 978
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  Franklin' on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:30 pm

sanderson wrote:

So your testosterone levels and most importantly your androgen receptors will increase more and more by every cycle. [/b]


Isn't this bad for hair? So provided that what he's saying is correct, this means that you damage your hair the most after breaking a long streak?

Franklin'

Posts : 43
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  Columbo on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:36 pm

If you can't crack one off a few times a week without losing hair doesn't this suggest that there's something horribly wrong with your health, that there's an underlying issue that needs fixing? Wanking = hairloss sounds more like a symptom than an underlying cause imo.
avatar
Columbo

Posts : 444
Join date : 2011-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  sanderson on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:51 am

Columbo wrote:If you can't crack one off a few times a week without losing hair doesn't this suggest that there's something horribly wrong with your health, that there's an underlying issue that needs fixing? Wanking = hairloss sounds more like a symptom than an underlying cause imo.

Yeah there's definitely an underlying issue that needs to be fixed. The biggest point of this thread is that ALL factors aside, any diet or lifestyle, itching will go to nothing once you abstain from masturbation for at least a month, usually though around the 2 week mark, with noticeable changes after the first 7 days.

The point of this thread is not really to stop all orgasms completely.. more so to find out why it works and figure out a way to duplicate it in a natural way.
avatar
sanderson

Posts : 1198
Join date : 2012-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  johndoe1225 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:58 am

sanderson wrote:
Columbo wrote:If you can't crack one off a few times a week without losing hair doesn't this suggest that there's something horribly wrong with your health, that there's an underlying issue that needs fixing? Wanking = hairloss sounds more like a symptom than an underlying cause imo.

Yeah there's definitely an underlying issue that needs to be fixed. The biggest point of this thread is that ALL factors aside, any diet or lifestyle, itching will go to nothing once you abstain from masturbation for at least a month, usually though around the 2 week mark, with noticeable changes after the first 7 days.

The point of this thread is not really to stop all orgasms completely.. more so to find out why it works and figure out a way to duplicate it in a natural way.

I can vouch for the itchiness, however I had it mostly on the sides and back of my head where I have no hair loss.

The itch started when I would masturbate about once a day or so, and it was especially intense during exercise. †It was so strong that it was 99% impossible to not scratch, no matter how hard I tried, it was ridiculous. It actually made me so angry I would scratch extra hard with a vengeance.

johndoe1225

Posts : 978
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  Xenon on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:27 am

Columbo wrote:If you can't crack one off a few times a week without losing hair doesn't this suggest that there's something horribly wrong with your health, that there's an underlying issue that needs fixing? Wanking = hairloss sounds more like a symptom than an underlying cause imo.

IMO I wouldn't necessarily say there's something horribly wrong with our health - just some sort of issue (possibly genetic) with the hair follicles of the scalp. This shit afflicts guys of every walk of life, yet many live healthy lives. Many bald guys are super fit and have no health concerns at all.

I still think that the pillow compression issue is largely adding to this problem, as I believe that it is assisting in reduction of growth factors. To me it makes a lot of sense, but it's still not the hub of the problem, rather just another spoke in the wheel.

ETA: The reason why I think that the issue - at it's root - is genetic is simply down to two things: 1. Many F2M transsexuals go bald, some do not. The bald group only go bald during testosterone therapy. Why? Because T / DHT must trigger a gene which causes follicles to enter the telogen phase. And it enters the telogen phase due to increased inflammation. I cannot think of anything else that could possibly be triggering this. 2. Transplanted hairs (in the majority of cases) continue to grow throughout the galea, whereas native hairs continue to bald. Why? Because male sex steroids (esp DHT) must be activating a gene responsible for this.

The bottom line: testosterone / DHT triggers a baldness gene > baldness gene causes increased immune receptors in follicles > follicles enter a pro-inflammatory state > they miniaturize - especially faster when stressors are present.
avatar
Xenon

Posts : 1523
Join date : 2012-05-03
Location : Alpha Draconis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  Rohit44 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:35 pm

Is maturbation also result in Hairloss? How? Because I never heard about it so please let me know.

Rohit44

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  dishshubh on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:39 pm

no its not related in anyway to hairloss.

dishshubh

Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-07-03

View user profile http://totalhairregrowthsecrets.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  stresssucks on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:42 am

nofap is crazy hard. if i go on the internet at all i end up seeing something or reading something and next thing i know....

stresssucks

Posts : 458
Join date : 2013-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:32 am

stresssucks wrote:nofap is crazy hard. if i go on the internet at all i end up seeing something or reading something and next thing i know....

Yeah, it pisses me off. †But it makes success that much more rewarding cheers

Also, I heard of people using something called K-12 blockers or something like that to block porn sites to make it harder to relapse, I think they are free

johndoe1225

Posts : 978
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  stresssucks on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:48 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
stresssucks wrote:nofap is crazy hard. if i go on the internet at all i end up seeing something or reading something and next thing i know....

Yeah, it pisses me off. †But it makes success that much more rewarding cheers

Also, I heard of people using something called K-12 blockers or something like that to block porn sites to make it harder to relapse, I think they are free

I usually don't end up there. I'll just be on a message board or something and someone will post a picture or comment about something. then that will start a slow cycle. Brain starts going, then I google it out of curiosity.Next thing I know I'm on tumblr or reddit or something stupid like that.

stresssucks

Posts : 458
Join date : 2013-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  Changexpert on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:03 pm

I am on 43 day of hardmode nofap (no PMO, never visiting porn sites). I have taken weekly photos to keep track of my progress. I am not going to fap ever again because of energy drain that has been discussed in this thread, and will upload my photos if I do see some progress in hair loss.

To be honest, I think nofap †is only a part of equation if you are genetically prone. There are many people who have difficult times with breaking down neurotransmitters due to genetics, including myself. The most problematic neurotransmitters for these people are dopamine and serotonin. Fapping will result in burst of dopamine. When dopamine stays on the post synaptic cleft, it will continue stimulating the body, resulting in inflammation. Another problem from too much fapping is that the dopamine receptors become resistant to dopamine, so one needs more dopamine to get the same level of arousal. The common term we use for this syndrome is dopamine resistance, similar to a concept of insulin resistance. This is easily indicated by searching for new porn, rather than keep masturbating to only one porn repeatedly. When neurotransmitters float around in the junction between pre-synapctic cleft and post-synaptic cleft, they cause inflammation, resulting in brain fog, fatigue, lack of motivation, etc.

I know that a lot of hair loss sufferers have low body temperature. One cause that is frequently brought up is thyroid, specifically hypothyroid. However, there are more than one cause of hypothyroid, even though lack of iodine intake is the most infamous one people talk about. I have been getting blood work done since last November for my thyroid levels and my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level has been consistently under 1.2 uIU/mL while my free T3, free T4, total T3, and total T4 levels have been always low (still in the reference range). To be diagnosed as primary hypothyroidism (problem in the thyroid gland), one needs to have HIGH TSH while having low FT3/FT4. The fact that my TSH level is so low indicates that there is problem in either my hypothalamus (TRH issue) or pituitary gland (TSH issue). I have never measured my TRH levels, so I am not sure if it's the hypothalamus or pituitary gland I have issue with. What's important to note is that both of them are part of brain and I have been suffering from brain fog and fatigue for at least a year. I think nofap is a great asset in optimizing brain health, so I am going to commit myself for a change.

If you are interested in how thyroid hormone is produced, have a look at this diagram.
http://labmed.ascpjournals.org/content/41/6/338/F1.large.jpg


Last edited by Changexpert on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Changexpert

Posts : 199
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  TheDivineMarquis on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:29 am

Everytime I try to go more than one week without ejaculation, I tend to get more easily stressed, depressed and anxious. I dont think this works well for everyone. In terms of hair, Iīve been 3 weeks holding it and didnt notice any difference - I dont think sperm contention can regrow hair but, maybe, it can help stop further hair loss progression.
avatar
TheDivineMarquis

Posts : 130
Join date : 2015-03-16
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reddit Thread - Masturbation and Hairloss

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum